Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CreamyBlood

Real Name CreamyBlood   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CreamyBlood
Email killjoy999@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description Old, beer drinking gamer. I think my first game was the ASCII version of Star Trek on an IBM mainframe at my Dad's work. Second was probably Pong that he built out of parts from an 'Electronics Today' magazine on a black and white TV....
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 18, 2003, 04:15
Total Comments 1211 (Pro)
User ID 19418

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Help Wanted - Gearbox & Cryptic
2. Re: No subject Feb 4, 2008, 23:46 CreamyBlood

I love everyone of those authors. I just discovered Greg Bear a couple of years ago. It'd be nice to see a game based off of one of these writers, but I can't see anyone making a movie let a lone a video game.

Thousands of great sci-fi stories out there and they tend to make schlock for the most part. Not sure why.

A 3d point and click adventure might translate well however.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: No subject Feb 3, 2008, 05:24 CreamyBlood

Well but look at the 360 and PS3. Just with this generation, they have caught up (in terms of networking, graphics, processors, and hard drives) to the PC.

Umm, I don't know much about consoles, but wouldn't any core 2 duo CPU and 7800 or higher graphics card outclass the 360 hardware? I'm not talking top of the line here.

I thought the 360 came with a 20GB hard drive. I don't think manufacturers have been making those for awhile. Ten dollar network cards/components haven't been an issue for years.

News Comments > Valve Releases Steamworks
125. Re: This is getting tiring... Feb 2, 2008, 05:08 CreamyBlood

But you aren't willing to take the exact same steps of preparation here and then you follow it up with bitching about having to do it.

Hypocrite, comes to mind.

I guess I didn't make it clear. I suppose I could have preloaded HL2 and if that's what I wanted to play and set it up for offline mode somehow, but that's not what I was trying to do.

I was thinking it would be nice to play HL2 EPISODE 2 and possibly Portal and even Bioshock when I was in the store at the time that I didn't have an internet connection.

It's impossible as far as I know. Or maybe it wasn't and I was just led to believe that from reading these forums. It doesn't matter now as I have an internet connection so I don't really care.

Eventually I'll get around to playing both of those games but at the moment I'm absorbed in a few other games. I don't have anything against Valve or whoever makes Bioshock, I'm just saying that they made it impossible for me to play their single player games when that was the only option I had at the time, to play single player games.

News Comments > Valve Releases Steamworks
123. Re: This is getting tiring... Feb 1, 2008, 01:46 CreamyBlood

Just recently I knew I was going to be without an internet connection for about a month (it was actually three weeks) so I loaded up a few old single player games, and downloaded patches for some others that I had and burned them to disk. So I was okay.

I went to the store one day and had money to burn so I got Sam & Max Season 1 for thirty bucks and wanted to play the new halflife episode and Bioshock but I was pretty sure that they were internet only, even though they are single player games.

I got Quake 4 instead for $15 and something else.

I also played quite a bit of Gothic 3.

How does Steam help me play these single player games? I'm not sure. I'm on some shitty sattelite connection now. The last time I played HL2 it took hours of downloading before I could even play so how does this help me? The last time I tried patching my Half Life 1 CD to current was only available through steam and it preallocated 2GB of empty space on my completely full laptop drive. I'm not sure what the advantage of using steam HL2Ep2 is over say, popping in The Longest Journey CD and just playing it.

How many hoops do I have to jump through the next time I want to play a video game? For some it's a convenience, for others a pain in the ass.

And I'll have to agree, I traded in Sam and Max (I only play adventures once) and Q4 and something else for an old copy of Interstate '76 (which I haven't gotten running yet). But could I do that with HL2 or Bioshock, which are brand new games? Nope. For one, I wouldn't be able to play them, and two I wouldn't be able to trade them.

For me, in this case, it seems like a retarded business model, preventing people from playing your games because of a wire. Well, eight wires.

News Comments > Tiberium Gameplay Video
29. Re: Haaa Jan 27, 2008, 23:25 CreamyBlood

nIn:

The whole point was to make it obscure and unaccessible to retards. You've blown it. Now the masses will be, ahhhh. Nevermind.

News Comments > Tiberium Gameplay Video
26. Re: Haaa Jan 27, 2008, 22:54 CreamyBlood

There's always that:

"google australia viedo game video review", guy, dude, whatever.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto IV in October?
34. Re: No subject Jan 24, 2008, 23:18 CreamyBlood

But, even with all its annoyances, Vice City is still my favorite of the three. I'm stuck in the 80s, I guess, since I love the crappy music, ugly cars, and childish optimism of the era--all of which is reflected well in VC.

I agree with you Wilson, I found that game fun on so many levels. I would park my ambulance and listen to talk shows then switch over to some metal before heading off on my new quest. Great, well designed, open game with something for everybody.

I haven't played any of the other versions so I can't compare it.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Rumors Debunked
13. Re: No subject Jan 24, 2008, 21:36 CreamyBlood

I liked the trigens too, they weren't *that* brutal. They added some good fear after getting complacent with the humans.

As for PC gaming dying a slow death, I still don't buy it. Perhaps too much energy is put into making mediocre, dumbed down drivel for the masses, but that will turn around eventually, as publishers slowly realize that there are actually shitloads of intelligent people out there with money that expect a little more from their entertainment. A niche market in a massive market is still money.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Got to be said Jan 23, 2008, 21:39 CreamyBlood

It's Fox news, enough said. I can't believe people even watch that network for news. You'd think people would know better by now.

News Comments > New BF2 Project Reality
4. Re: Still the BEST! Jan 5, 2008, 04:23 CreamyBlood

Not to be the dick here, but has BF2 ever been anything like a good rod in your backside?

News Comments > 2007 in Review
81. Re: ... Jan 5, 2008, 03:39 CreamyBlood

Actually, now that I have your attention, go play the somewaht flawed, but incredibly excellent, Gothic 3.

I think it's amazing and blows O outta the water. Perhaps, that's just me. Perhaps I'm exaggerating.

80. Re: ... Jan 5, 2008, 03:30 CreamyBlood

Perhaps one day I'll see it that way.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Q&A
14. Re: No subject Jan 5, 2008, 02:55 CreamyBlood

Interesting.

I'm interested in FUncoms Conan. I hope they keep it mature and don't fuck it up. Conan is a killer. I hope he stays that way.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Q&A
12. Re: No subject Jan 5, 2008, 02:27 CreamyBlood

My eyes glaze over on previews much like what happens when I try and read the 'Console' section. Does that happen to anyone else or is it just me?

78. Re: ... Jan 5, 2008, 01:28 CreamyBlood

Just so you know, I put over 200 hours into Oblivion and I do play TF2 on a semi-regular basis...

That's just so, I don't know how to say it. Sad. I had respect for you, now I don't. [Shakes head in, not disgust, nor frustration, just, shakes head]

74. Re: ... Jan 4, 2008, 18:49 CreamyBlood

And the thing is Kosumo, I never have any idea what you're trying to say. To me it sounds like you enjoy jumping on people's backs without contributing anything intelligent to say.

72. Re: ... Jan 4, 2008, 18:10 CreamyBlood

If by "casual twitch players" you are referring to Q3, I beg to differ.

Well, keep differing and keep begging. You actually can jump into a game of Q3 and enjoy it quite quickly. Case in point, I was just at my friends house the other night and I got her daughter into Q3 when she was eight years old. Gibs and all.

But she's a smart girl. She hadn't mastered strafing or anything but did pretty good on Q3CTF4 with just the mouse.

Now she's fifteen years old and still holds her own. She get's her ass wasted like we all do but still has fun with it. Sadly, I installed 'Imagine Fashion Designer' which isn't bad from an adventure game standpoint, but I guess we all grow up in different ways.

Anyways, I know what you're trying to say, but the point is is that you can actually have a great time playing Q3 even if you don't know what's really going on.

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 18:11.

69. Re: ... Jan 4, 2008, 16:39 CreamyBlood

Except when it's a BC3KAD thread

Or when you're thirteen years old. Derek has ten million times the balls and intelligence than you do, KX.

67. Re: ... Jan 4, 2008, 16:21 CreamyBlood

but putting Quake Wars above Team Fortress 2 is just pathetic

Yes, I see Ray doesn't like it or many other people, but oh well.

I haven't played a lot of these games yet so I can't judge a lot of them but it looks like this year they actually picked some good games as opposed to the last few years, which were a joke.

From a glance at looking at these 13 websites they seem to agree on a lot of things. That's good, it means that the retards that normally run these things are paying attention.

I was also happy the Quake Wars: Enemy Territory made it in there. I think it's a great game but expected it to be a niche market that wouldn't get recognized.

After all of these years of people screaming for a multiplayer game with depth it just gets scorn for doing exactly that. Not that I mind too much, but comparing it to TF2 is apples and oranges. Yes, there's some graphical animation problems, perhaps some balance. But seriously, this isn't a BF2 or a Q3. It's heavy duty.

We'll see how it pans out in the long run. TF2 vs ETQW is like Q3 vs ETPro. Vastly different games, pandering to anyone from 'casual' twitch players to hardcore team players.

Anyways, I was glad to see it in there, yet didn't expect it. I think the games industry might, dare I day it, be actually maturing. Finally.

Overall it just looked like a lot of these sites spent some time picking good games instead of the tripe we've been laughing at for the last few years.

News Comments > The Great Tree Sprouts
6. Re: download link not working Jan 2, 2008, 09:30 CreamyBlood

Which, the OS or the game?

1211 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo