Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CreamyBlood

Real Name CreamyBlood   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CreamyBlood
Email killjoy999@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description Old, beer drinking gamer. I think my first game was the ASCII version of Star Trek on an IBM mainframe at my Dad's work. Second was probably Pong that he built out of parts from an 'Electronics Today' magazine on a black and white TV....
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 18, 2003, 04:15
Total Comments 1211 (Pro)
User ID 19418

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Never-Ending Fallout 3?
46. Re: Bleh Mar 25, 2008, 23:43 CreamyBlood

Who knows what FO3 will bring, hopefully it will be another successful step up for modern video games.

Now that millions of people understand what the hollow shell of an RPG could be, perhaps a fraction of them will demand more and better.

Hopefully by the next generation of consoles there will be enough intelligent new gamers expecting more gameplay and depth over graphics and video games will swing back to what some of us would expect they should have been at now.

I think of this focus on graphics and 'dumbed down console' games as possibly a good thing. Out of the millions of hungry casual games, even niche games will be able to make great profit. I'm guessing 2010-2012 is when we'll hopefully see a renaissance in video gaming. I wish it was a few years ago but you can't have everything.

In the meantime, we can only hope that FO3 is a step in that direction. It can't possibly be more boring than Oblivion.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: No subject Mar 23, 2008, 15:50 CreamyBlood

It was FUN and I was ENTERTAINED...thoroughly. End of story.

In your opinion as well as many others and that's fine.

I spent hours researching the mods before playing and finally settled on three, Obscuros Oblivion Overhaul, a GUI enhancement and something to get rid of the quest markers.

At first I enjoyed it as I learned the game and started getting some quests but it soon became a chore. I eventually stopped playing after about twenty hours and eventually deleted it off my hard drive about a month after that.

I wanted to like it, but it just seemed so boring. I enjoyed the exploration initially and getting to know everyone in new towns and was able to forgive the six voice actors that they used through the entire game but it ended up feeling like work after awhile.

Some of my quest options would be something like: "I need you to go kill these bandits". My choices would be: "Okay". That's it, not "Go Fuck Yourself, or Sure man, but just "Okay". Whatever.

Obviously many people liked the game and that's good because it's all about entertainment and having a good time. I just found the game rather shallow and that's why I'm not expecting much from Fallout 3.

News Comments > The Graveyard Released, Demo
6. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2008, 01:48 CreamyBlood

I walked to the bench and couldn't sit down. So I went to the gate and the demo ended. No song for me. I'm a miserable failure as far as grandmas go.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Demo
27. Re: Try this Mar 22, 2008, 00:15 CreamyBlood

Finally, I've been looking forward to this demo and was just at their site the other day as I knew it was coming out around a month after release.

As to Ghosts, thanks nin for bringing it to my attention. I love all the free songs and five bucks is a steal. Sold. Go Reznor.

News Comments > Prey 2 Art
36. Re: ... Mar 16, 2008, 20:50 CreamyBlood

I don't get why people are saying that Prey was too short for them. I actually felt like it really dragged towards the end.

I agree with you there as I was happy that it ended when it did, I'd had enough and it was almost becoming a chore.

On the other hand, I wish Quake 4 had been longer, I'm sure many people would disagree but I kept wanting to see the next level, the new sights, etc. I'd buy an expansion if there was one.

Are there any games similar to Prey or Q4 that I missed? I'd buy another mindless shooter with interesting scenery if I knew what to get.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: GTA4 Multi-Player Details.. Mar 16, 2008, 05:09 CreamyBlood

When has any game with a MP side, have an odd numbers of players allowed?

Since the dawn of time as far as I know. I regularly play games that have uneven numbers of players unless they have 'auto team balancing' turned on, that automatically switches you in between matches, a feature that I can't stand.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
5. Re: Free Demo of Major League Baseball 2 Mar 16, 2008, 05:07 CreamyBlood

I sure as hell hope demo's are free.

I was wondering about that as well. Do demos normally cost money on consoles?

News Comments > Prey 2 Art
27. Re: Prey On-line Mar 16, 2008, 04:52 CreamyBlood

Like most of the posters here, I liked Prey as well. A rather mindless shooter on rails with a bit of story, fun stuff to look at and shoot and some neat levels (the planetoids were cool).

Of course, I also liked Quake 4 for most of the same reasons. Sometimes you don't want to think to much and just have a good time blasting things to bits.

News Comments > Sweeney: PCs Good for Anything... But Games
67. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2008, 03:24 CreamyBlood

Sweeney if you where selling toaster, cars or even chairs you would have a business plan that would include marketing. Not only that you would make sure your new products are an improvements on previous ones to motivate people to buy. Well UT3 was the worst UT released to date & waiting for the PS3 version to be ready to lauch a half baked maketing plan did not help. Get a clue EPIC...stop making interviews ...sit down & look at your work...

Good point. I try and read Blues as much as I can and the only things I know about UT3 is that the engine has been licensed for many games and has texture popping issues. That's it.

I played the original Unreal single player game back in the day and the demo for one of the UT 2000's (can't remember which one) and being a Quake 3 elitist at the time didn't find much to write home about.

I honestly don't even know if UT3 has a single player campaign or if it's just online only. But it does have texture popping issues, I've heard that much.

News Comments > Sweeney: PCs Good for Anything... But Games
66. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2008, 03:04 CreamyBlood

Two hundred bucks on a video card would let me play COD4 and Bioshock, but I just don't care at the moment, I'll play them later when I buy a new system.

Since when does dropping any amount of money on a video card last you more than two years with the latest and greatest games? Seriously. Think about it.

As to Intel integrated video, it's crap, everyone knows that. Even an old onboard nVidea 2 chipset is probably better than the latest 'Extreme'.

But as Creston pointed out, why would Intel care? They don't. It runs windows and Firefox good enough. If you're going to play the latest games on your PC you need enough of a brain to recognize that you need a video card even if you don't have enough little grey cells to install it yourself.

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: No subject Feb 24, 2008, 04:59 CreamyBlood

Try turning on Discovery or PBS or what have you once in a while and getting a clue.

Or try looking at your average domesticated house cat who happens to be an obligate carnivore and well fed. He or she will slap around a mouse for hours and then bring it to you half dead. It's not for shits and giggles, it's what they are evolved to DO.

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: No subject Feb 24, 2008, 02:23 CreamyBlood

there's a natural balance that was put into this world

I don't believe that there ever has been a 'natural balance' nor that it was 'put into this world'.

New life forms have evolved into existence, competed with each other and been completely wiped out repeatedly for hundreds of millions of years. There are 'natural balances' that exist for a period of time, some for days, others for thousands of years, but never forever.

Sure, humans are undoubtedly at the top of the food chain, at the moment. There might be 'temporary balances', but what is a 'natural balance'? And who put these endless occurrences of temporary balances here, that all eventually get annihilated?

On the other hand, as a meat lover I do agree that the way we produce our animal food is pretty disgusting. Animals do feel pain and fear and I think we could do much better in the methods we use to slaughter them. We have the technology to kill these living beings wholesale without causing so much distress and pain.

I understand the argument that we shouldn't care as we're killing them anyways, but why do it in such brutal manner? Does it matter? I don't know, I'll still eat them. Would I pay more to know that they didn't freak out before the axe fell?

I can think of several good reasons to be a vegan, but most of those reasons are moral and rationally make no sense. There are also a few valid health reasons but ultimately, I'm an omnivorous animal and I like my meat.

News Comments > HD Format War Ends
17. Re: Woohoo Feb 17, 2008, 21:22 CreamyBlood

From a computing standpoint, I don't understand why anyone thought that getting locked into 25GB vs 50GB was a good thing.

I have no idea which is better from a movie viewing standpoint but I'm glad the one with double the data capacity won.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Windows 7 Feb 11, 2008, 02:44 CreamyBlood

My Windows for Workgroups 3.11 runs just fine. I'm not sure what all of you guys are going on about.

What is wddm2? I know it's not a wad file for Doom 2, perhaps windows device driver manager? The second? Just guessing.

News Comments > Orange Box Q&A
8. Re: No subject Feb 11, 2008, 02:36 CreamyBlood

I'm still waiting for the TF2 demo or free weekend, unless I missed it already. I don't doubt that I'll enjoy TF2 or HL2 ep 2, it's just that I was without an inet connection a while ago the single player game would have been nice at the time.

At the moment I'm not in a big rush until I get off of this high latency connection. So do I buy Ep2 separately, then get the others peice by peice or just wait until the orange box is cheap at retail?

Doesn't matter really as I have lot's to play at the moment. $30 bucks just seems kind of high for a few new levels.

News Comments > WoW Patch Plans
5. Re: No subject Feb 11, 2008, 02:15 CreamyBlood

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I don't even have a computer powerful enough to play the latest and greatest but there's a ton of good games out there to play if you're not super anal about graphics.

Perhaps you've played them all but I've been playing games all my life and I still can't catch up.

I like all genres but here's a few I've finished in the last year or so:

The Longest Journey
Mission Critical
Anachronox
Neverwinter Nights 1 (expansions and lots of home brewed)
Syberia 1 and 2
Prey, Quake 4
Independance War
Freespace 2
Fahrenheit
Gothic 2 and 3
Psychonauts
Homeworld 2
Empire Earth
Age of Mythology
Sam and Max Season 1
Quake Wars
Enemy Territory

That's off the top of my head and sure, maybe some of those aren't the best games but there are a lot of really good games out there if you hunt for them.

It might take a lot of review reading to see if it's up your alley but I find it's often worth putting up with the flaws to enjoy the gameplay.

I guess what I'm saying is that people have been producing video games for a few decades now and I don't see how you could run out of worthwhile games to play, if you only look.

News Comments > Game Guidance
13. Re: No subject Feb 11, 2008, 01:37 CreamyBlood

I somehow missed out on the whole tribes thing, but I agree with Jerykk. The best way to get better, (for me anyways) is just play on servers where people are better than you and have their shit together.

Sure you get your ass handed to you on a platter for awhile and it can be frustrating, but eventually you learn the strategies for the different maps and hone your skills. Or at least find a way to fit into the team where you're actually an asset and not a liability.

Of course kids get sent to hockey/footbal/soccer camps or whatever to get better but to each their own I suppose.

News Comments > The Club Demo
14. Re: It's OK. Feb 11, 2008, 01:30 CreamyBlood

I enjoyed Max Payne 2 for the style and dialog and maybe story. But it was a pretty lame shooter. I remember twice getting into a couple of tough spots and looking up a FAQ on how to get through it.

"Use bullet time". Doh. I think I used that three times during the whole game. I'm not sure how this compares, I'll try it out eventually but it seems like most of this console stuff isn't even worth the time to download.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 01:31.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: No subject Feb 10, 2008, 22:57 CreamyBlood

Click the link at the bottom of the quote...

Okay, the new headline should be:

Gamer Attempting to Read a Web Page forced to Swallow Pike

Anyways, nice pics, reminds me of a the way a snake is able to swallow masses much larger than itself by disjointing it's jaws, although this just seems to be a case of having a flexible throat.

I'll avoid the obvious ex-girlfriend jokes for now.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: No subject Feb 10, 2008, 20:50 CreamyBlood

I'm skeptical too. I think it should read:

Cormorant Attempting to Swallow a Pike

1211 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo