Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CreamyBlood

Real Name CreamyBlood   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CreamyBlood
Email killjoy999@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description Old, beer drinking gamer. I think my first game was the ASCII version of Star Trek on an IBM mainframe at my Dad's work. Second was probably Pong that he built out of parts from an 'Electronics Today' magazine on a black and white TV....
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 18, 2003, 04:15
Total Comments 1211 (Pro)
User ID 19418

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: And from the Apr 12, 2008, 21:38 CreamyBlood

Kid doesn't stand a chance in life - let's just throw him in the volcano now. I vote for taking away parental rights, based on her statements.

I vote for throwing the parents into the volcano and giving the kid a chance.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Orbital Patent Apr 12, 2008, 21:37 CreamyBlood

No kidding. How many great strides in technology have been abandoned because somebody 'patented' something, although they never had anything to do with it. It's just disgusting.

News Comments > Age of Conan Beta Event
7. Re: Excited! Apr 9, 2008, 23:15 CreamyBlood

Right on! Finally.

I haven't even bothered with the previews for the last half a year but I too hope it sticks to its adult theme.

Robert E. Howard wrote this stuff in the 1930's. I think a lot of gang bangers and modern teenagers should read this stuff. Required reading for modern yutes.

You can actually squeeze quite a bit of drinking, womanizing, thieving, slaying, adventuring and just all around general debauchery while at the same time keeping a small shred of decency and honour.

I hope the game lives up to to the raw and violent world that Howard created. See you all in Hyboria.

News Comments > EA Getting More Unreal
14. Important Apr 9, 2008, 22:59 CreamyBlood

Under its initial Unreal Engine 3 license with Epic Games, EA has been utilizing Unreal Engine 3 on several important cross-platform games including: Medal of Honor Airborne™ and Army of Two™.

I wonder how they define 'important'? Does it have anything to do with being fun or important to gamers? Is it a shareholder thing? Are these games 'important' to anyone?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut
33. Re: No subject Apr 9, 2008, 22:46 CreamyBlood

Haters. (there is nothing else on the market like this game - what is the deal with you people? It isn't GoY material, but it was very enjoyable. sheesh. I thought "I" was an elitist prick - I have a long way to go)

If you enjoy something and have a good time with it, who cares. We all watch mediocre movies or read average books or eat in 'okay' restaurants. There's good moments sometimes but nothing to write home about. Some things in life are shit, many aren't bad and the occasional are just amazing. The amazing stuff happens often enough but I doubt any of us expect it all the time.

I generally play games that are a year to several out of date and wonder how many of these modern console based games will be worth playing in a few years. I doubt they'll all be that bad. One day I'll buy a console and see what all this fuss is about.

Right now I'm finally playing FEAR and I've liked the firt half hour so far, my expectations aren't high but I'm finding it entertaining so far.

News Comments > PC Mass Effect Delay
17. Re: Loomy Apr 9, 2008, 00:23 CreamyBlood

She said she saw no point in playing on the PC because it did not track your GAMER SCORE...I had to fight the urge to slap the shit out of her...

I would have shot her then and there.

Irrefutable proof that consoles cause violence and should be banned.

News Comments > Gold Sales Lawsuit
2. Ridiculous Apr 6, 2008, 17:57 CreamyBlood

As if there aren't enough frivolous, pointless, retarded and stupid lawsuits in America already.

I love video games, but seriously, shut the fuck up, grow up and get a life.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: No subject Apr 5, 2008, 00:40 CreamyBlood

I actually don't have a TV and finally bought a TV tuner card for my PC a couple of years ago for thirty bucks once I found out that I had free cable. I had a DVD burner long before that. I buy the occasional DVD movie at pawn shops for around three to six dollars.

There are advantages to not being into the latest and greatest movies. Like I said a couple of years ago, the only reason I wanted Blu-Ray to win was because it stores double the capacity.

News Comments > Ken Levine Q&A
19. Re: No subject Apr 5, 2008, 00:31 CreamyBlood

It's also good to know that at least one of the big names in gaming has no social life. At least I'm not alone in finding most social activities empty and completely boring.

There's nothing wrong with having an active and balanced life, including for many, work, family, friends and gaming (spirituality). Having a girlfriend that doesn't bitch about only seeing the back of your head while you waste a bunch of boneheads online is a bonus.

News Comments > System Shock 2 Postmortem
20. Re: Riker Apr 5, 2008, 00:17 CreamyBlood

I'm still hoping that once this current generation of consoles phases out that even a small percentage of the mass market that likes something a little more cerebral in their games becomes a profitable target audience for a developer willing to make a few bucks instead of gazillions.

News Comments > Modded Battlefield Ranked Servers Closed
20. Re: Too bad Apr 4, 2008, 23:22 CreamyBlood

Cheating is so European, here is indisputable evidence:

Well. I'm glad *that's* finally settled.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Dune Apr 4, 2008, 22:56 CreamyBlood

...with all the great Sci-Fi novels out there the best thing they can come up with is another freaking remake.

I agree. I enjoyed the Dune novels, I liked the movie and the mini-series, but seriously, there is more to Science Fiction than Dune, Star Wars, Star Trek and Monsters/Horror in Space.

Please, somebody pick one of the thousands of great sci-fi short stories or novels and make a good movie, even a mediocre movie. Is that too much to ask?

News Comments > Rockstar Acquires Mad Doc
7. Conspiracy Theory Apr 4, 2008, 22:23 CreamyBlood

After reading these 'acquisition' announcements in the games industry and everything else all my life I'm pretty sure that one guy (could be a chick) owns everything on Earth.

I don't think it's Bill, he is owned by somebody. Somebody owns every oil company, car company, software company, bank, coffee shop, media outlet, weapons company and possibly all the drug dealers as well.

Where is this guy and when is he (or she) going to get tired of buying everything?

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: daily water Apr 4, 2008, 22:02 CreamyBlood

plus all the crap about coffee, alcohol etc not good enough to drink if you are thirsty (diuretic) is a load of crap too.

Try drinking coffee all day and beer all night for a few months and tell me how you feel. Probably pretty dehydrated. Drinking lot's of water in between helps.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 21:56 CreamyBlood

nah - that tells me their bodies were weak and would haev died doing ANYTHING for 24 hours. ie: staying up all night reading.

That's so hilarious because it's true.

Seriously though, I'd rather be addicted to video games than crystal meth.

News Comments > Ken Levine Q&A
2. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2008, 21:13 CreamyBlood

I only played the demo but (correct me if I'm wrong) I thought quite a few people around here enjoyed SWAT 4.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik Postmortem
5. Re: No subject Mar 30, 2008, 05:29 CreamyBlood

affluent enough at it???

News Comments > World in Conflict New Content Details
19. Re: No subject Mar 29, 2008, 17:28 CreamyBlood

Nexus is a must, I loved that game, I 'd buy a sequel in a second, even an expansion pack. I have both WiC and SoaSE demos installed but still haven't tried them.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Cutscenes Mar 28, 2008, 21:04 CreamyBlood

Games are actually the worst way to tell a story for the following reasons:

1) A player's primary concern is not to immerse himself in the story.

It's all subjective, but I'm a big fan of good stories. Who cares what medium it takes? Video games are actually an evolving art form. You could almost say it was growing up quite nicely until it took a step back into infancy with the current console generation.

I like all kinds of games and if I was playing baseball on an old Intellevision I wouldn't expect much story. But sometimes I play adventures because of the story, not the puzzles or action or graphics.

Even Doom 3 gave a passable background story if you were interested and looked for it. Cutscenes, whether static or semi-interactive are one way to put that forward. I liked Quake 4 with the background talk, giving you a bigger picture of what was happening around you.

I think it's great that developers are putting time into this as it makes our virtual worlds that much more believable and immersive. I think Jerryk was just commenting on how he's read all the lore in the Daggerfall/Morrowind/Oblivion universe. Books are one way to do it, cutscenes are another. I'm sure we'll see many more creative ways to do it in the future. Many people here can probably think of great ways that it's already been used.

Writing a book or making a movie gives complete control to the story teller, the audiance is a passive onlooker. Video games come in all shapes and sizes from rail shooters to sandbox RPGs. It's always been a challenge to code code for all possiblities that a user might make, let alone write personal branches of a story for them that will ultimately make sense.

I think it'll be an interesting time for us gamers once people that can't handle watching a cutscene aren't the only ones developers are creating games for.

Hope that makes sense.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Cutscenes Mar 27, 2008, 20:43 CreamyBlood

I generally like cutscenes if they advance the story or look cool.

If you don't like them, hit the <esc> key. Pretty simple, it's worked for like a couple of decades.

1211 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo