Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CreamyBlood

Real Name CreamyBlood   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CreamyBlood
Email killjoy999@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description Old, beer drinking gamer. I think my first game was the ASCII version of Star Trek on an IBM mainframe at my Dad's work. Second was probably Pong that he built out of parts from an 'Electronics Today' magazine on a black and white TV....
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 18, 2003, 04:15
Total Comments 1211 (Pro)
User ID 19418

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Deep Silver North America
1. Deep Silver May 2, 2008, 21:30 CreamyBlood

These are the guys that developed the Gothic games (aka Pirahna Bytes) and started a new company after their falling out with Jowood. I'm looking forward to their next game as G2 blew me away.

rpb.deepsilver.com

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crytek to End PC Exclusives
166. Re: No subject May 1, 2008, 00:36 CreamyBlood

I suppose pirating will be a fact of life for many years to come. Just talking to the kids (ie twenty year olds) at work, they have mod chips and it sounds a lot easier then PC pirating. I imagine most publishers work it into their business models just like the music and movie industries.

As to gaming in general, I'm hoping that bringing gaming to the masses will eventually be a good thing. Out of the millions of rookies and children that don't know better, some will eventually see the potential of good games and demand more.

As I've said before, this generation of consoles has soaked up the common denomitator, but out of those millions, a fraction will want good games. And perhaps those newborn 'niche' markets will be worth developing and marketing to, thereby giving us good games.

It's just a matter of waiting out the cycles of technology, human sociology and of course, capitalism. Eventually we'll get back on track and get innovative, fun games again.

I'm not sure what platform they'll be on, but we'll get good games eventually. It's just taking longer than I expected and if I'm lucky it'll be before I'm old and crippled.

It's funny watching people that have been die hard PC gamers forever on this site suddenly getting into flame wars between different brands of consoles, and getting all giddy about new console games and even bragging about their 'elite' versions of said consoles.

I hope the console section on this site stays just that. Those that have moved on should go extol the virtues of their chosen platform elsewhere.

We'll see what happens in the next several years yet I imagine we'll be talking about PC gaming here for many years to come...

News Comments > 3DMark Vantage Released
32. Re: Vista only? lol... Apr 29, 2008, 22:16 CreamyBlood

When I read hardware reviews (for vid cards, cpu, harddrives, whatever) my eyes glaze over the 3dmark benches because they're meaningless to me.

Current and older games at different resolutions and settings mean something to me because it's real world and I understand the numbers (frames per second). I've never understood what a single 3dmark score actually meant.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
49. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2008, 00:00 CreamyBlood

I was talking to some of the kids at work who have 360's about the release tonight. They told me they had already burned it and were playing days ago.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Cool! Apr 27, 2008, 17:52 CreamyBlood

Congratulations to you and all the other lucky ones out there. Smile, be happy!

News Comments > Gothic 4 Subtitle, Details
26. Re: benefit of doubt Apr 27, 2008, 08:12 CreamyBlood

Fresh new blood for this franchise. I hope they can deliver a better experience than Piranha Bytes.

Piranha Bytes was the Gothic series especially Gothic 1 & 2, Jowood/Spellbound is the end of it.

Exactly, I couldn't give a shit what Jowood does with G4 but I'm looking forward to what Piranha Bytes does with their new game.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: No subject Apr 27, 2008, 08:03 CreamyBlood

That list doesn't exactly make want to rush out and buy a console.

News Comments > More on PC Gaming
26. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2008, 18:19 CreamyBlood

So when's that free TF2 weekend coming out or did I miss it already?

News Comments > PC Devil May Cry 4 Summer, Demo First
14. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2008, 18:03 CreamyBlood

Death Sword was cool on the Atari ST with two joysticks. Decapitation never goes out of style.

Skynard rules.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky DirectX 10 Trailer
132. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2008, 17:42 CreamyBlood

But 60 bucks for 4 hours of single player in Call of Duty 4? No thanks.

I'm in the same camp. I'll wait until I can pick it up for 5-10 bucks. I understand that it's the next best thing, but I'm not spending anything for four-eight hours of gameplay. I'm in no rush, the game can wait.

The supermassive download isn't worth my time, the CD isn't worth my money. A year from now I'll find out for myself what all the hubbub is about. Until then there's much more out there...

edit: I do, however plan on buying STALKER as it sounds like my cup of tea. It sounds like it's patched up now.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 17:44.

News Comments > No Fallout 3 Demo
131. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2008, 17:22 CreamyBlood

I think I'll stick with my VelociRaptor. Kind of a burn, but what the heck, eh?

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2008, 05:40 CreamyBlood

You can always buy Imagine Fashion Designer. It's not a bad adventure game. Really. I bought it for my ex-girlfriends teen age daughter. It has make up and runway models. Does that count? Erm.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky DirectX 10 Trailer
126. Re: fundamentals Apr 24, 2008, 04:42 CreamyBlood

What I don't get is, if the products companies are putting out are as poor as the pirates say, then why are they even worth pirating?

Good question and the answer is, their not. The fact of the matter for me, is that a few hundred to two gigs worth of crap isn't worth the download or install time. For me.

I'd rather buy it in a bargain bin for 10 bucks or at a pawn shop like old movies. There are advantages to not keeping up with popular culture.

I downloaded an almost two gig demo of Bioshock and it looked and worked great but randomly crashed to desktop. Has the demo been patched? The game? I don't know.

I'd like to play the Orange Box but will it work? I don't know. I don't care.

I'll wait until they they end up being twenty dollar buys, that way I wont be pissed off and maybe my computer will have caught up.

Until then I have a more than enough old games that I'm still catching up on that I'm enjoying.

50. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 17:48 CreamyBlood

It's a complex issue and just after reading this thread I'm not sure where I stand anymore.

I've always been mostly anti-gun from some naive, idealist point of view mainly because I think guns are mostly used for killing people. Of course coming from Canada that may be part of my culture but then again ten years ago it was quite common to see pickup trucks driving around with rifles on racks hanging in their rear windows. Not so much anymore.

And if you believe Michael Moore, Canadians have more guns per person than Americans do with a much lower violent crime rate.

We also spent millions of dollars implementing a national gun registry that turned into quite a fiasco several years ago.

I live in a booming city and we've seen the murder rate go right up over the past several years. Shootings that used to occur once in a blue moon, are now becoming a weekly or daily occurrence.

A new law is being proposed that would allow police to confiscate your car permanently if caught with a loaded and/or unregistered gun. I've always said that we should just throw them in jail for two years or so, no questions asked. If you have a loaded gun on your person, no matter who you are, you do time.

For the hobbiests that like to go to the firing range or shoot gophers (or squirrels as the case may be), you can transport your gun with the bullets locked in one box, the gun in another with both in your trunk.

Obviously that's pretty draconian but I don't see why anyone should be wandering around with a loaded gun. Of course that's not going to ever work in the US and I think it's too late for Canada as well. Should we all get guns and just hope the the guy with the fasted trigger is the one in the 'right' when an argument gets nasty?

I lived in California for many years and my girlfriend always carried a loaded gun in her glove box for protection. My friend who was fifty-five at the time had at least three loaded guns scattered around his home (that he told me about, probably had a few more), just in case. So I can't see having automatic jail time for possession ever ever working in the US. Nor here in Canada.

I've had three friends murdered in the last five years although guns weren't involved in any of them. So maybe Enahs is right, we should stop using excessive reactionary measures attacking the symptoms and put our resources into trying to solve the root of the problem.

In my heart, I still don't think that anyone should be carrying a loaded gun around with them for any reason and we should make it painful for those caught doing so. Unfortunately I live in the real world and there aren't any easy answers. In the meantime both criminals and honest citizens will continue to shoot each other. I just hope I don't get caught in the crossfire.

News Comments > No Fallout 3 Demo
125. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 02:37 CreamyBlood

Creston, It's great that you and five million others thought that Oblivion was fun.

I enjoyed the learning phase and some of the exploration but once I got to the meat of the game, I thought it was rather dull.

Then I spent about a week researching mods for it. That was fun. Then I started playing again and it was better. But it got boring after awhile.

To you the game worked, and still does. To me, it's very shallow, basic and tedious. It's not an RPG (in my mind) and isn't fun, it became a chore.

Then again, I liked Quake 4 as a good rail shooter and find FEAR rather lacking, which is quite the opposite of other opinions here.

Don't forget that this site started over a decade ago with discerning PC freaks playing the latest and greatest shooters. The site has evolved, but some of us like to think we have a little bit of 'taste' when it comes to state of the art in 2008.

Okay, that sounds very 'elitest', but seriously, three decades later I think we could expect a little bit more.

As I'm sure many will agree here (and some won't), mainstream video games have decelerated and gone into a retrograde orbit since the beginning of this century.

Hopefully Fallout 3 ends up being a fun RPG updated not to 2010 graphics and expectations, but up to at least 1997 standards. Is that so much to ask for?

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: What happened to 3dgamers.com? Apr 18, 2008, 20:37 CreamyBlood

It's a bummer that they're almost gone. I've been using them to look up patch versions and system requirements and stuff for awhile but would actually download from Filefront. Now it's not even useful for that basic info anymore.

Edit: Nevermind, they're completely history. It still had the 3dgamers frontend yesterday, now it just redirects to fileplanet. It's all about crushing the competition and monopolizing these days....

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 20:42.

3. Re: anesthesia vs. vodka Apr 18, 2008, 01:03 CreamyBlood

It's quite common actually, for people to get stabbed in alcohol-fueled disputes although simply shooting people has gained popularity in the last couple of decades.

I remember the good old days when we just used fisti-cuffs and occasionally baseball bats...

43. Re: Dread the cable woes Apr 17, 2008, 01:10 CreamyBlood

Stupid Canadian monopoly markets... there never used to be caps or throttling here, but in the past few years it's become the norm.

I'm trying out Teksavvy in western Canada. They resell Telus out here (who started capping at 10GB last time I ditched them) and Bell out East (who sound like a nightmare).

We'll see how it goes, 200GB cap. About 10 times more than I use... Plus I alsways seem to get an english speaking human whenever I call, no hold music or waiting.

3. Uwe Boll Apr 16, 2008, 22:00 CreamyBlood

If that's really Uwe, for all the shit he takes, at least he's got a sense of humour.

News Comments > Earthworm Jim, Dark Alliance, Descent, and MDK Sequels?
49. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2008, 00:22 CreamyBlood

i'm not usually a fan of space sims but Freespace 2 was a genuinely awesome game. Those battles between motherships were cinematic and immersive.

Yes, definitely. Although it's a different genre, try out Independence War 2, that was pretty immersive after awhile.

1211 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo