Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CreamyBlood

Real Name CreamyBlood   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CreamyBlood
Email killjoy999@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description Old, beer drinking gamer. I think my first game was the ASCII version of Star Trek on an IBM mainframe at my Dad's work. Second was probably Pong that he built out of parts from an 'Electronics Today' magazine on a black and white TV....
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 18, 2003, 04:15
Total Comments 1211 (Pro)
User ID 19418

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Consolidation
14. Re: No subject May 18, 2008, 15:03 CreamyBlood

Jackal made my day. Great post and a good chuckle.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gold - Mass Effect
40. Re: No subject May 17, 2008, 22:42 CreamyBlood

Well I did play the System Shock 2 demo (and was scared at the guy hanging from the wall), but even with the graphics upgrade I'm a graphics whore. I just don't think I'd get the same experience from it if I had say.. played it when it was released, and would rush through it, which wouldn't be fair to Looking Glass.

Granted, you're a pansy ass, but just go finish the game. At least you'll know what some of us are comparing standards to and you'll get so absorbed you won't notice the dated graphics.

Come on, it's about gameplay.

News Comments > EA/Take-Two Deadline Passes
4. Re: No subject May 17, 2008, 22:24 CreamyBlood

And Uwe Boll will make the movie, Take Down Boardroom.

29. Re: No subject May 17, 2008, 06:11 CreamyBlood

Just as aside, I'll remind you that I was without internet several months ago and really just wanted a few single player games to play while I was offline.

As I'd heard that Bioshock and Half Life 2 needed online authentication it sort of fucked me.

So I bought Prey and Quake 4 and Fear and Farcry, something like that.

What a waste of a sale for the new game dudes. I doubt anyones crying but my money still hasn't been spent on any of those games. Yet.

PS look for the enhance SS2 graphics update thing.

This comment was edited on May 17, 06:17.

News Comments > ET: QUAKE Wars Patch Status
2. Re: Hmm.. May 17, 2008, 05:51 CreamyBlood

I finally got high speed after two months and now that I go and play it, it updates itself and crashes.

I can see how people like you won't go the extra mile to play a really in depth game.

But I can also see how people like you don't want to deal with errors like: 1602 blah blah blah. It's irritating.

I just want to play the game. I'll work it out later.

27. Re: No subject May 17, 2008, 02:59 CreamyBlood

No kidding. I think I just installed Nexus: The Jupiter incident for the third time and Gothic 3 for about the fourth or fifth time (due to patching issues).

I know I've installed Quake Wars three times already, and have installed Wolf: ET about a gazillion times. (Yes, I know they're online games). But I'm sure either 3 or 10 is a nice round number for people who don't mind licensing their software.

News Comments > New PCIe Sound Blaster Cards
33. Re: Marketing bullshit May 16, 2008, 22:41 CreamyBlood

My main gripe with them has been their shoddy driver support although lately it's been somewhat 'better'.

The Vista support is a good example but they've been like that for many, many years.

As to onboard sound, many of those have flakey drivers and also chew up CPU to do their processing, therefore killing framerates or affecting some games with choppy audio.

I don't remember what I have, I think it's an Audigy 2 but I had to buy one to play BF42 as the onboard just killed the game.

I'm building a new system again and plan on avoiding Creative this time, I'm no audiophile but thanks for the alternative suggestions...

News Comments > The Protector Announced
7. Re: No subject May 16, 2008, 21:57 CreamyBlood

awww, when I saw "Protector" I thought someone was going to do a game based on the Larry Niven "known space" race of the same name.

I just read 'Protector' again last week. What a great space battle!

News Comments > Age of Conan Cross-Platform Support; Early Access Sold Out
51. Re: No subject May 15, 2008, 21:51 CreamyBlood

I actually find the after 9PM CST time to 2AM CST the best time to game on any platform.

I agree completely, from an FPS standpoint anyways, not sure about modern MPOGS as I haven't played them since the ASCII days.

During primetime, the kids are still up, but from 10pm to about 4am you get the drunks and druggies and just normal people that want to have fun and have a good time. At some point you start seeing the Europeans waking up but they seem more mature. Then the North American kids wake up before school and flood the servers with stupidity.

I usually pass out around then, but if you're up after school around 3pm through primetime it get's really bad, then the closer you get to midnight the more reasonable it gets.

It's all about timing. Avoid the masses.

P.S. Can we keep this as primarily as a PC Game site? Leave the PS3 vs 360 bashing for Morning Consolization where the rest of us don't have to read it.

PC vs Consoles can go anywhere.

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes Beta Clarification
25. Re: No subject May 8, 2008, 00:20 CreamyBlood

As we've seen in MMOG's and even shit like Oblivion, the punters are willing to pay money to avoid actually playing the game (ie earning stuff from using their own skill and time) or just for silly fluff.

There's an idiot born every minute and video gamers obviously include enough retards out there for businesses to provide them with their needs.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: No subject May 4, 2008, 18:54 CreamyBlood

My keyboards are covered in beer, tobacco, food and who knows what else. I give them a wipe every few months or just replace them. I don't care, I seem to have an immune system and don't have problems dealing with billions of mini lifeforms that share the planet with me.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patch, Free Weekend Underway
57. Re: No subject May 4, 2008, 06:00 CreamyBlood

Not really. 7 gigs is a 3-4 hour download. You could do that without ever leaving your chair.

No, actually you're wrong. I'm on Rogers Portable right now which has spotty connection problems and maxes out at 59KB/s. So 7GB is NOT a 3-4 hour download. Apparently they have caps as well but I don't care as I'm getting (after a three week wait) normal internet again next week. (6Mb DSL with a 200GB monthly cap if you care to know).

I'll buy the Orange Box for thirty bucks when it happens. For Bioshock, maybe I'll just buy it but install the pirate version so I don't have to gunk up my new system with fucked up drivers. As I said before, I'm in no rush, I have plenty to play in the meantime.

55. Re: No subject May 4, 2008, 02:20 CreamyBlood

It really is just a rip-off of Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory but with the game balance and teamplay removed.

That's what it sounds like to me but I haven't played it yet. Yes I played back in the Q3 days or whenever it was. Now I play ETPro all the time, shitty graphics and all, the gameplay rocks. Also it sounds like most servers run Friendly Fire Off, which to me is a big no-no as people spam more and aren't as careful and precise as they should be.

I can't say that I'm really stoked about it but hopefully the other two games in the orange box are worth it.

54. Re: No subject May 4, 2008, 02:16 CreamyBlood

Actually, I would say the orange box is more than worth your money...

Thanks Warskull for the review, sounds like what I expected. I plan to buy the Orange Box when I see it in stock for a reasonable price. I'm looking forward to Ep2 more than anything but portal could be interesting. Yes I could pirate it, but why bother? It's so much easier installing from a couple of DVD's. 7GB download for a trial or torrent? I don't think so.

33. Re: No subject May 3, 2008, 05:09 CreamyBlood

I play them all, at least the good looking ones, eventually.

31. Re: ermm, actually.... May 3, 2008, 04:43 CreamyBlood

People still play the Quake 3 demo endlessly with mods for free. It's not the point.

This comment was edited on May 3, 04:45.

29. Re: No subject May 3, 2008, 04:10 CreamyBlood

Not really.

Those games will exist in digital form for as long as humans want it to. Perhaps the multiplay of TF2 will be gone and forgotten, but the games will still be there.

Does waiting for Ep2 another few months bother me? No. In fact I heard that you get HL2 for free. Big whoop, I'll play it through again just so I can remember what it was all about.

Anyways, I'm eyeing Bioshock as something worth my limited budget next month, we'll see happens.

27. Re: No subject May 3, 2008, 03:08 CreamyBlood

Actually it is Valve's fault because there is no legitimate reason why Valve could not offer this free trial to anyone at any time.

Good point. I have a free weekend to myself and it would have been nice to check out the latest and greatest, but because I missed the 'preload window announcement' I'm SOL.

But whose loss is it? Not mine. I have my regular games that I'm still quite happy with.

Valve's? Maybe they would have got an impulse sale. Once I saw the 7GB download requirement after installing Steam, I uninstalled Steam. Simple.

Now that I think about it, since all the flash and hoopla has worn off of everyone here, maybe it's not a game I care about, nor Portal. I still want to play Ep2 though, but it was $30. I know I'm not paying thirty bucks for a few hours of gameplay. If I wanted to get ripped off like that I'd have bought COD4.

To me it's not much of an issue, if the Orange Box was in the store yesterday instead of the smaller components broken up into overpriced products, I might have bought it.

If I'd known about the preload a couple of days ago, I would have downloaded it and played it this weekend. And who knows? Maybe bought it online if I actually liked it.

I've done neither and it doesn't bother me, I have enough entertainment to keep me happy for quite awhile.

I didn't lose any money and Valve didn't get any. They didn't get a sale from me. No big deal. I doubt any of us will lose any sleep over it as I'm having a good weekend and I bet they are too.

News Comments > New Battlegroup42 for BF1942
3. Re: No subject May 3, 2008, 00:22 CreamyBlood

I still play it and think it's hilarious. I don't know why they couldn't get the same 'fun' factor into BF2.

17. Re: No subject May 2, 2008, 22:36 CreamyBlood

I was in an ebgames looking for something fun to play but nothing really caught my attention until I was walking out and noticed Portal, Ep2 and TF2 all being sold seperately. I'd forgot about wanting to buy the Orange Box but they didn't have any.

Then tonight I realized that I'd missed the post on April 30th about preloading for the free weekend. The same demo and/or free weekend that I've bitched about here before but now I've missed it.

Well, I actually installed steam, but it's a 7GB download for the 2-day demo. On my slow internet connection, I might, just *might* get the 7GB down by 1pm EST Sunday. Anyways, I gave up on the idea.

Not Valves fault really, just wish I'd paid attention a couple of days earlier and started the preload. I'll get the Orange Box eventually, I'm sure.

At least it's inspired me to play some ETPro which I haven't done for a few weeks, and from the sounds of it TF2 is just a class based CTF type of game. But don't quote me on that as I haven't played it yet.

As for unlocks and achievments, I didn't know that TF2 had that whole thing going, I never liked it in BF2. I prefer Enemy Territory's way, where everything is reset after a match in Stopwatch, or you hit your max in a campaign (2-3 hours, sometimes a few days depending on the server), then everything is reset. But again, I'll comment on that once I've gotten the chance to play TF2.

1211 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo