Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CreamyBlood

Real Name CreamyBlood   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CreamyBlood
Email killjoy999@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description Old, beer drinking gamer. I think my first game was the ASCII version of Star Trek on an IBM mainframe at my Dad's work. Second was probably Pong that he built out of parts from an 'Electronics Today' magazine on a black and white TV....
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 18, 2003, 04:15
Total Comments 1211 (Pro)
User ID 19418

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Philip K. Dick Games Planned
8. Re: word May 25, 2008, 23:03 CreamyBlood

I've re-read both posts.

Perhaps you have some kind of elitist view on what the definition of 'SF' or 'Science Fiction' is. If so then congrats to you.

I personally use the idea to describe 'how humanity and people react to different technologies and fantastical circumstances'.

I personally believe that PKD is pure science fiction at its best. You would label it otherwise. No big deal.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tech Bits
22. Re: No subject May 25, 2008, 21:53 CreamyBlood

I still think that all things combined, between performance, code footprint, and stability, Windows 2000 Professional was the best operating system they've ever released.

I agree 100 percent. They were competing with OS/2 (IBM/Microsoft) at the time and out did themselves. NT was their first 'foray' into stable OS's and W2K refined it.

Ever since it's just been bolts and fluff tacked onto a stable kernel.

Like I said before, I'll buy Vista if I ever need it.

News Comments > RPG Roundtables
12. Re: No subject May 25, 2008, 21:23 CreamyBlood

yes gothic three was good but the firsts two where the better the second my favorite.

I have to agree that G2 was one of my favourite games of all time. I didn't know what the hell was going on at first but it grew on me.

11. Re: No subject May 25, 2008, 21:20 CreamyBlood

Have you tried anchorhead?

No, but it sounds like it's right up my alley. The trick will be in finding it but thanks for the link...

News Comments > Ray Muzyka Q&A
6. Re: Quote of the Year May 25, 2008, 06:26 CreamyBlood

All that he talks about is IP (internet protocol, intellectual property), SKU's and DLC.

Can someone tell me what DLC means? I hear it all the time but don't get it.

News Comments > Philip K. Dick Games Planned
6. Re: word May 25, 2008, 05:36 CreamyBlood

I'm not sure what AEon is going on about calling SF drivel.

Philip K Dick isn't one of my favourite Sci-Fi writers but Man in a High Castle is one that I liked.

And I think it would translate well into a modern shooter, imagine Nazi's and the Japanese overtaking North America, and you, as a protagonist, killing the bastards in your local strip malls.

Of course, since the IP is bought and paid for, with two movies a cartoon and some console games thrown in as an afterthought, I'll assume that the whole thing will suck bunny baskets.

It has 'consolized crap' written all over it, and that's a shame. Perhaps they'll do an Adventure Game with depth.

Nah.

News Comments > Anti-Piracy Chip?
87. Make it Easy May 25, 2008, 04:33 CreamyBlood

What a waste of time. They should put their resources into making it super easy for me to buy stuff.

I've told this to my Dad a million times. Make it so anyone in the world can go into a Seven Eleven or wherever, buy a coffee, an internet card and be done with it.

Make it so it is an impulse buy on the net, one click and I'm done.

Right now the process sucks.

An example is I heard a tune awhile ago that I liked so I downloaded the guitar tab for free but didn't have the CD anymore.

I pirated the song. Yes I have it on CD, or did somewhere.

Why not make it so I can just buy stuff with a click or two instead of having to go get a prepaid credit card, loading money on it (with a twenty dollar surcharge), logging online to verify it and wasting my time?

In three clicks I can torrent any game or movie. Why not make it two clicks to just buy the shit? I've got the cash but the process is broken.

Maybe instead of building all of these DRM schemes they should just make it easier to take my money.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: how am I to? May 25, 2008, 02:16 CreamyBlood

Then in the last 24 hours the first guy hit level 80, in 4 days 15 hours. WTH?

Who cares? Maybe he cheated. You can play Doom in God mode if you want to. I'm not an MMOG player but I hear people actually pay top dollar for other people to play the game for them.

There are retards galore on this planet. I'm sure you can play the game in a way that is fun to you.

News Comments > Tech Bits
6. Re: No subject May 25, 2008, 02:09 CreamyBlood

I finally migrated over to XP just to play a couple of games as they stopped updated DX9 for Win2000.

I might have done it earlier instead at its 'end of life' but I lost my Office 2000 and Photoshop 6 CD's a couple of years ago, so I still use W2K for development.

Open Office seems to work fine for my needs, maybe I'll install the Gimp to replace Photoshop, I don't know.

As to Vista, I'll buy it when I need it.

5. Re: No subject May 25, 2008, 01:56 CreamyBlood

I know what you mean. I'm looking to play some kind of 'story' oriented game right now, even if it's a 'choose your own adventure' type of thing but I can't find anything.

I liked the Syberias and the Longest Journey.

Sometimes you just want to click your way through a movie so to speak, or an adventure.

I actually liked Gothic 3 for the most part but Oblivion disappointed me. I'm lost as to what to try next.

News Comments > Bethesda Softworks and Splash Damage
23. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 21:44 CreamyBlood

Wow. The creators of two of my favourite online shooters and the makers of one of my biggest RPG disappointments are collaborating.

I really have no idea what to make of this at all.

Well maybe I do, that PC gaming is going to continue to decline for a few more years before it starts getting better again.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Shine May 18, 2008, 19:24 CreamyBlood

Great story, love it.

News Comments > Consolidation
19. Re: No subject May 18, 2008, 19:13 CreamyBlood

heh. Troll post mixed in with sarcasm? Not sure. Hard to tell on the internets. I can only imagine he is joking considering the HALO comment.

I haven't played either game yet, but I think he's just being honest about his thoughts and trying to warn us 'true gamers' about wasting our money on tripe.

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes Beta Application
15. Re: No subject May 18, 2008, 18:57 CreamyBlood

Yeah, you actually have to fill out the registration, lazy fuck. This has nothing, NOTHING to do with Team Fortress 2 and Valve doesn't have to do shit no matter how bad EA fucks up Battlefield Heroes. Idiot...

Laughing Out Loud. I need you on my Tier One telephone support team just to filter out the calls going to Tier Two.

This comment was edited on May 18, 18:57.

News Comments > Gold - Mass Effect
43. Re: No subject May 18, 2008, 18:38 CreamyBlood

That just means you aren't very old yet.

'What' just means he isn't very old yet? Please elaborate.

I think Jerykk is in his young twenties but I agree with quite a bit of what he talks about. He is logical, polite, able to communicate his thoughts effectively and has some opinions that I agree with dead on.

I also appreciate and enjoy reading many of your insights, MacD so I'm suprised that you're trying to play the 'old and experienced' card without any backup.

I'm old too, and have many years of software development and game playing experience behind me, but I don't write off other people just because they're young.

News Comments > WoW Graphics Reboot Coming?
43. Re: WOW Graphics May 18, 2008, 18:29 CreamyBlood

Hyprocrite

I don't see how he's a hyprocite. He was amazed by the graphics and quickly realized that the gameplay was shallow, to him. And he stated that quite succinctly.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: moonshine tradition? May 18, 2008, 17:47 CreamyBlood

they got some insane white liquor up here - you dont even feel the burn till it hits your gut, and then turns into magma

If only I could return to my salad days...

News Comments > Saturday Q&As
3. Re: No subject May 18, 2008, 17:40 CreamyBlood

Will you be an aggressive creature or a social creature?

I think I'll take both and build a human.

News Comments > Metaverse
9. Re: No subject May 18, 2008, 16:02 CreamyBlood

I love it when space captain doesn't take his meds. Great entertainment.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Strong Bad May 18, 2008, 15:06 CreamyBlood

I'll give it a whirl as I enjoyed season one of Sam and Max, and even though I haven't visited the Homestar Runner site for a few years, I always found the strongbad emails amusing.

1211 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo