Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CreamyBlood

Real Name CreamyBlood   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CreamyBlood
Email killjoy999@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description Old, beer drinking gamer. I think my first game was the ASCII version of Star Trek on an IBM mainframe at my Dad's work. Second was probably Pong that he built out of parts from an 'Electronics Today' magazine on a black and white TV....
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 18, 2003, 04:15
Total Comments 1211 (Pro)
User ID 19418

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > The Sims 2 Expansion Announced
12. Re: Apartment Jun 7, 2008, 00:14 CreamyBlood

Why do they call them apartments when they're all together?

Stop killing me with your wit and humour. I'm choking myself with laughter here. Spread your happiness elsewhere.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crysis Warhead Announced
66. Re: Dear God noooo... Jun 7, 2008, 00:08 CreamyBlood

Are you insane? Have you seen a game forum at any time in the past decade? One of the reasons I post at Blue's is that I don't have to see bouncy-breasted looping-GIF anime userpics, retarded ripped-from-4chan Photoshops, and horrific flashy signatures. There's absolutely no reason you can't just link to an image and let everyone keep what little sanity is left after years on the internet.

Edit: I didn't really mean it to sound as abrasive as it does, but the sentiment stands. This place is a refuge from the crap on virtually every other gaming site

I agree. I'm sure there's modern features we and the admins would like to see, but it works.

Plus I'm getting old and set in my ways. I say leave it the way it is. Gosh darn it.

News Comments > Free Deus Ex
73. Re: THE BEST GAME EVER MADE Jun 6, 2008, 21:20 CreamyBlood

In my experience, console commands have to be re-entered each time the game runs, so that's why I said that. I remember it was that way with Quake 3 engine games

Off the top of my head isn't it 'seta' to make it 'stick'?

55. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 00:52 CreamyBlood

Bullshit download and loader? The GameTap software isn't fundamentally different from the Steam software, and it's very easy to use.

I have to agree. Like I might have mentioned in another thread, Gametap just installed without any hooks or problems and let me play the game. There's some ads in the free version, but it was straight forward.

It basically didn't piss me off by having a tray and preallocating 3GB of HD space and just being invasive. It's all in the same folder too. Just simple without the bullshit is the way I looked at it. I was impressed at the time.

54. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 00:43 CreamyBlood

I ALSO have original Doom, Doom2, Hexen, Heretic, Shadow Warrior, and Duke3d (with the Mouse Pad)..

Psshh, I have an original Blake Stone.

Cool. I have the mainframe Original Adventure stored in three large boxes of punch cards in my Dads garage.

So there.

53. Re: Damn. Jun 6, 2008, 00:36 CreamyBlood

Sometimes I hear that someone tried the demo (the first mission) and didn't like it, but in my opinion, the first mission isn't a great introduction to the game;

I'll never forget that Liberty Island demo, I sneaked. I loved it. One of my favourite gaming memories.

52. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 00:30 CreamyBlood

Really you'll want the mods. The Gametap version won't let you get the updated graphics/widescreen support or any of the other mods out there. If you want to get the most enjoyment out of the game today, you'll want to at least get the graphics mods. Steam is the best deal if you don't already own the game.

I'm being lazy but Deus Ex has been installed in my games folder for many years. My current game which I haven't touched for about a year is at the hotel area.

Where's the quick link to patch up the textures or whatever it does?

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Sighting
74. Re: Looks like HL. Jun 5, 2008, 21:05 CreamyBlood

It just looks like a modern sci-fi'ish shooter to me. I hope it's fun if it ever comes out as I like those types of games.

After a decade you'd think they'd have some pretty good one-liners and perhaps some good story and gameplay hashed out.

News Comments > Dark Void Multiplayer Dropped
9. Re: Really? Jun 5, 2008, 20:24 CreamyBlood

yes, because everyone bought COD4 for its gripping and innovative singleplayer.

Well, I've only played the first one but the whole point was the single player I believe (with the standard DM, CTF, etc tacked on, it was a Q3 engine).

I've heard that the multi-player is fun for some people, but what people? The opinions of consolers playing MP doesn't mean much to me.

I heard the SP is great but incredibly short. I'll try it eventually when it's like ten bucks. I'm still not sure what the focus of that particular game is. I'm getting mixed signals.

8. Re: Mediocre Multiplayer Jun 5, 2008, 20:19 CreamyBlood

just so you know, quake4 multiplayer is incredible. pretty much no one playing it online, but if you've got a couple of friends-- check it out.

Well, yes I did actually check it out, but being a long time Q3 and Team Arena fan it just didn't work for me, even with remakes of familiar maps.

I realize that id and others really wanted it to become the next 'competitive' game yet that didn't happen. I'm not sure why not as I thought it was pretty good, though no one played. I did really enjoy the single player. Would have bought an expansion in fact.

Using Q4 as an example to skip multi-player was probably a bad example, as that's sort of expected.

1. Mediocre Multiplayer Jun 4, 2008, 21:42 CreamyBlood

I don't mind if developers drop multiplayer altogether to focus on their single player, and vice versa.

Prey, Doom 3, Quake 4 were fun straight up shooters for the most part, but why not drop the effort put into the multiplayer component if that isn't the main point of the game?

I never even tried the multiplayer component in any of those games.

I've heard that CoD4 is has a really short but fun SP and the multiplayer is fun, so which is it? I'm already playing games designed for multiplayer, like Q3, WET, ETQW and BF42 and am looking for a good SP game but it doesn't sound like CoD4 is it.

Decide what you want to do and strive to do it really well.

Did anyone ever play Farcry multi? I never tried. In some cases it worked like Q2 and Serious Sam coop, but Half Life 1? Or 2? Why tack on the tired old DM, CTF, etc when it's mostly a drain on resources. Choose what you want to be, something that does what it intends to really well or become a mediocre piece of shit that passably does everything.

I know there are exceptions to this but I don't think there's anything wrong with focusing on what's important to a game and doing it right.

News Comments > Mac Call of Duty 4 Delay
9. Re: Mac Gaming.. Jun 4, 2008, 20:47 CreamyBlood

Last year I spent a couple of months getting 'Hackintoshes' to work on both Intel and AMD boxes and found it kind of fun.

OSX is just BSD (a *nix variant) under the hood with a fancy interface tacked on.

The underlying OS is solid and proven and I understand it better than 99.9% of Mac users ever will (which is the point I suppose). I rather easily ported over a few existing *nix apps without too much pain. I also enjoyed what I learned about the development environment.

In the end though, there aren't many games for it, and truth be told, the GUI isn't as powerful as Windows. Windows might sacrifice some stability for a more versatile and powerful and 'compatable' OS and that's worth it to me.

I also haven't found the price worth it to me as I'm a miser when I build or upgrade new machines but mostly, I'm a gamer that doesn't like dual booting. (Or rebooting at all for that matter).

But there is no doubt that it is a slick and viable option for many casual mainstream users.

News Comments > Carmack on Crysis
14. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2008, 01:41 CreamyBlood

I'm all for being able to play a quick pick me up game of Q3 anytime and anywhere. If even a few more casual gamers got into FPS's it would be worth it, or at least increase the amount of Q3 people to play against.

I still play on occasion but I can't compete with the rail gun whores anymore, or maybe I could if I played often enough. I loved Q3 at the time and all it's varients and time hasn't killed that.

I think this is a cool experiment for them but I don't think this is what they're betting the bank on. If it works, we all win, if it doesn't, they lose a bit of time, energy and effort and maybe a bit of money.

As to Crysis, it's really hard to read much into what he said:

But in terms of first-person shooters, if you look at something like Crysis and say thatís the height of what the PC market can manage, I donít think thatís necessarily that exciting of a direction for the PC to be going in the future.

Within context, maybe he's alluding to the fact that nobody has the hardware to play it, or it's too complicated (I've only played a couple of hours of it so I don't know) or that it's not 'accessable' to enough people.

It's difficult to really get any concrete meaning out of that statement but I'm sure we'll hear a few pages of rampant speculation.

News Comments > Free Fallout & More on GameTap
17. Re: GameTap Jun 3, 2008, 22:08 CreamyBlood

I installed Gametap to play the one of the free Laura Croft games last winter. I found it straight forward and non-invasive. I guess they have free runs of games for several weeks at a time.

I also ended up trying a few other free games while I was at it. I've never tried the subscription service but I liked the fact that it doesn't sit in your tray and suck up resources and that the games that I tried downloaded and installed and played flawlessly.

I'd suggest trying the free version to get the feel of it.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare PC DLC Coming
70. Re: No subject Jun 1, 2008, 21:15 CreamyBlood

quake wars is only okay not because it is too hardcore, but because it is only okay

Just out of curiosity and because I don't know any better, what is a better online game for depth, shooting skill and fun?

I'm not talking about simplistic CTF types of games, but some objective based class style games with a good fun factor.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare PC DLC Coming
54. Re: No subject Jun 1, 2008, 13:53 CreamyBlood

I'm still playing Quake Wars for my FPS fix. It has utterly baffled me that it didn't catch on like W:ET and RtCW, as I have absolutely loved the game. It has equally baffled me that people complain that fast game speed doesn't match the tactical depth of the game's features. Hello? Tribes, any one? Tribes was the fastest first person shooter ever made, AND probably the tactically deepest one as well. Whatever, I still love my ETQW.

I agree. You'd think on Blues News the people would be into a hard core, very complex multiplayer FPS with a massive amount of depth. Yet they talk about how great TF2 is and playing console games like CoD4.

It really 'baffles' me as well. Yes, you have to think and learn and use your brain to enjoy the game, but is that such a bad thing?

I understand enjoying mindless 'fluff' from time to time but you still need your meat and potatoes.

News Comments > Steam Cloud Plans
23. Re: No subject May 30, 2008, 01:00 CreamyBlood

I don't mind online authentication for online games like Quake 3 or whatever. But as I said before, I knew I was going to be without the internet for awhile so I wanted to buy Bioshock ( a single player game ) but had heard that I needed an internet connection to install it.

How fucked is that?

Anyways, I've never been a fan of steam, but that's from my early impressions of it. I haven't tried it for a year or so but I think I see the direction their going in and feel that it might not be so bad.

How many of us have gone through different messenging programs (ie IRC, xFire, etc) to hook up together? Then voice messenging like Teamspeak and the like?

How many times have you reconfigured BF1943 controls or your favourite configs for Wolfenstien Enemy Territory when visiting your friends house and spent an hour tweaking your settings before actually playing?

When you look at the allegedly 'free' SDK that Valve announced and/or provided a several weeks ago you can get an idea of what their aiming for. And it not might not be that bad if it becomes a standard that isn't abused.

That kind of technology takes a lot of work to develop and ontop of that, much more to get marketplace acceptance.

There will always be parts of it that people don't like, such as DRM and interface issues and money. But maybe a good online standard gaming 'cloud' might not be a bad idea.

The alternative is using a million different 'customized' one-shot wanna be Steams.

I wouldn't mind a catch-all standard way to integrate many of the aspects of online gaming (I like qtracker, some like ASE). But I can see the drawbacks of having a monopoly on everthing.

Do we stay as a chaotic but free and sometimes frustrating soup of seperate tools all trying to do the same thing or do we try and accept a standard that makes things easier but yet less flexible and controlled by one corporation? Where do we trade off our freedom for convenience?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mass Effect
65. Re: No subject May 30, 2008, 00:31 CreamyBlood

Announcement: Nobody is suprised.

I want to go buy this Perry Rhodan point and click adventure but am not sure if anyone's shipping to North America yet.

http://www.perry-rhodan-game.de/

Announcement: You can now pirate Perry Rhodan English version.

News Comments > Dark Horizon Announced
40. Re: I WANT AN EXPERIENCE LIKE *THIS* May 29, 2008, 23:20 CreamyBlood

As most fans of the 'space' genre I really liked Freespace 2 as well as the Wing Commanders back in the day. I have to admit I haven't even tried any of the X games nor dmarts but intend to eventually.

As sort of a side slip, did anyone like Nexus: The Jupiter Incident? That game really grew on me.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Penny Arcade Review: Pretty Good May 28, 2008, 21:38 CreamyBlood

Some points about the game:

- Pretty fun to play
- Looks pretty good
- Characters look pretty solid
- Sound effects are pretty good
- General sound effects are pretty clear
- Voice acting is pretty good

The first two commenters also find that the game is 'pretty easy' and that it looks 'pretty good'.

So I'm thinking this game might be, uhm, pretty good?

1211 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo