Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CreamyBlood

Real Name CreamyBlood   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CreamyBlood
Email killjoy999@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description Old, beer drinking gamer. I think my first game was the ASCII version of Star Trek on an IBM mainframe at my Dad's work. Second was probably Pong that he built out of parts from an 'Electronics Today' magazine on a black and white TV....
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 18, 2003, 04:15
Total Comments 1211 (Pro)
User ID 19418

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve: PC Gaming is the Future
14. Great Article Jun 28, 2008, 01:12 CreamyBlood

I think what he's saying is that PC gaming isn't dead. Ignore WOW and casual games.

Like music and movies, the business model is in transition. The PC market, including the World and not just US brick and mortar sales is massive with tons of potential.

Consoles are rigid systems condemned to death from the moment they are built. PC's evolve and are connected.

By selling PC games (or software in general) as a service you can apply multiple patches, making the product better and the customers happy. Consoles are throw-away units.

I don't know, but I've never thought that PC gaming was dead. To me it seems like someone in a position to know, (ie Blizzard, Valve, Stardock) see massive potential, and they seem to be making money for themselves, big titles and little ones alike.

Like I've said before, once this 'console madness' craze wears off and people realize how shallow their games are besides the graphics, they'll crave and demand more depth and better gameplay. The market will eventually supply that demand. Games will get better and better, just not as fast as I expected and now hoped.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: No subject Jun 26, 2008, 22:07 CreamyBlood

You and Agent are both idiots. It's commonly accepted that he probably had Olive skin, as most Israeli's and other nationalities in that region still have to this day. Has nothing to do with European breeding.

The few short statements you've made leads me to believe that you don't have any knowledge of ancient, modern nor religious history.

Or you went to school in some really weird place.

News Comments > Limbo of the Lost Follow-up
15. Re: No subject Jun 26, 2008, 00:55 CreamyBlood

they knew damn well where the art came from. there is an old post by one of the creators of the game stating HE MADE THE MAPS.

What maps? You mean the static backdrops right? You do realize this is a point and click adventure game I hope.

Edit: Okay, you probably do realize what it's all about. I was just thinking of semantics, to me, MAPS means anything from Dungeon Master's level layouts to Enemy Territories 'MAPS', or like Quake 3's maps.

And of course, linking any exit to an entrance on a new screen is a 'map', even if it is pretty much static.

This comment was edited on Jun 26, 01:09.

News Comments > Crysis Warhead Details
3. Re: No Subject Jun 26, 2008, 00:42 CreamyBlood

...and that the campaign should last 8-10 hours.

I just finished playing Half Life 2 Episode 2 and it took me 10.9 hours to complete. It was intense, polished and way more fun than I expected.

I think it's going for fifteen bucks (I just bought the Orange Box).

So sure, give me an 8-10 hour game and I'll pay you ten to thirteen dollars, if it's good.

News Comments > Battlefield Scorecard
5. Re: five? Jun 25, 2008, 00:11 CreamyBlood

"We've got five [Battlefield] titles in development, which is more than you'd expect," Cousins revealed..."

No, it's not more then we'd expect. This is Electronic Arts we're talking about. We'll be expecting significantly more than a mere five iterations of the same old game over the next several years.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 00:14.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch Plans
6. Re: Hard to get players Jun 24, 2008, 21:52 CreamyBlood

BF 1942 was the best in the series, and in my opinion, the only one worth playing. It went all downhill from there.

As to Quake Wars not getting enough players, that's probably because it's too complex for the average Joe Gamer. It's really a niche market.

I've never played UT3 and only demos of the previous games and never got into it, but I heard it was a rehash of the originals.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re: No subject Jun 22, 2008, 19:21 CreamyBlood

I'm wondering why it's okay for your government to wire tap you whenever they want to without a warrant and why nobody cares.

The America of Old that I remember would be freaking right out over this.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Free Weekend
29. Re: Call of Juarez Jun 22, 2008, 16:45 CreamyBlood

I found the Stats page! It's not under Stats though, as one might expect, it's Community->My Control Panel.

Steam Rating:
3.7 - Shooting Blanks
Playing time:
11.8 hrs past 2 weeks
1. Half-Life 2: Episode Two
10.9 hrs
2. Peggle Extreme
0.9 hrs

I was thinking of getting Beyond Good & Evil until I read the part about clunky console port controls, which I just can't stand.

So probably Call of Juarez but Bioshock for thirty bucks doesn't sound bad...

27. Re: Call of Juarez Jun 22, 2008, 06:02 CreamyBlood

I finally finished it and I'm sure I spent over ten hours on it, including smoke breaks and eating and getting beer and stuff. I'm not sure how to find out what the 'absolute' game time was. The length and quality was definitely worth the money.

I know all you people played it over a half year ago, but I'm impressed. Even the ending had eye candy and a good cliffhanger.

I could mention a few nitpicking negatives about it, but why bother? As a whole it was a great experience and I really enjoyed it.

I suppose Bioshock is next, not sure about Call of Juarez after this one.

25. Re: Call of Juarez Jun 22, 2008, 04:25 CreamyBlood

About half the game consists of Billy's levels, which revolve around stealth and platforming.

As long as I can configure my controls and it doesn't feel like a console game I suppose I can adapt. For ten bucks it can't be that bad as long as it doesn't actually annoy me.

Unless there's some other ten dollar games on Steam that are worth it.

For example, I just got the Orange Box but could have bought Episode 2 for fifteen dollars and I think that would have been worth it. I'm pretty sure it's taken me longer than six hours to get through it. I thought it I was almost done but just got a new weapon and training to kill Striders. So I think I'm getting close to the grand finale.

It's been a great 'episode' so far, I've actually had a really good time.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: No subject Jun 22, 2008, 04:09 CreamyBlood

What, Halo and GoW are casual games then?

Well, they're casual from a hardcore gamers point of view, although some prefer the term 'dumbed down mediocrity' as opposed to the gentler, marketing created term 'casual'...

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 04:14.

News Comments > On Impulse & User Content
30. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2008, 21:59 CreamyBlood

I'm not really sold on the name though... Naming a service after the mini-isle right by the check out stand filled with candy...

As Wardell has been selling sci-fi games since he started, I thought of it more as the impulse engine from Star Trek. Basically a reaction drive using plasma for interplanetary travel. Not exactly hi-tech in the science fiction world but then this is a new service.

Of course, since Impulse is used to sell things, I can see your point.

22. Re: ... Jun 21, 2008, 17:25 CreamyBlood

I'm going to take peoples advice and hold off on installing TF2 this weekend. I think I'll finish Episode 2 (which is turning out to be quite fun) and get Call of Juarez for tomorrow or later tonight, depending on how soon I complete EP2.

I've read the reviews at Actiontrip and Eurogamer and both are mostly positive as well as the comments here (which is unusual). I sounds like it has some good dialogue and story which is becoming more and more important to me over the years as well as some good action and some somewhat broken stealth. For ten bucks I figure I can't lose.

News Comments > On Impulse & User Content
25. Re: ... Jun 21, 2008, 17:08 CreamyBlood

I haven't done any mapping or modding since the quake days but I didn't think you were allowed to sell your mods.

For example a Total Conversion of Aliens is fine (well, not these days of course) but you weren't allowed to sell it as a new game, you'd need an engine license or something similar.

I'm not sure how it works these days as I just installed steam but I didn't know you could sell mods (except for Counterstrike, but that's a different story) without paying or at least having permission from the original game maker. I'm thinking of the Doom/Quake series but maybe different vendors have different rules...

4. TF2 Free Weekend Jun 21, 2008, 00:30 CreamyBlood

Hilarious. I've been mildly bitching about having a free weekend since it came out (I think I might have missed one already).

Well, I finally installed Steam and bought the Orange box online a few days ago. It's been a smooth experience. Just working through Episode 2 at the moment and might install TF2 this weekend. Which might be good timing as my lack of experience will not be as noticeable with all the other noobs packing the servers at the same time.

News Comments > Flagship Dirty Laundry
88. Re: Flagshipped Jun 14, 2008, 00:31 CreamyBlood

I really tried to get into the Diablos, so I guess I'm glad I never got ripped off by a much more recent and modern online attempt at a clone.

If you need your fix, try Nethack or Angband or something. Sure the graphics aren't as good but at least they have a little more depth and a lot more stress.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Antenna reality Jun 13, 2008, 00:17 CreamyBlood

How do you take a service that 40 odd million Americans depend on and just SHUT IT DOWN??

'Depend on'??? What are you talking about? Are these people going to die if they don't watch TV?

News Comments > NVIDIA on PC Exclusive Games
82. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2008, 00:15 CreamyBlood

Perhaps we'll just get better gameplay without the graphics. I still play Wolf: Enemy Territory.

Although the consoles can cream it for graphics, can they come close to the gameplay, depth and hitscan?

Or maybe I'm wrong, apparently Quake Wars is available for the 360. Is it actually the same experience?

News Comments > QUAKE Ray Tracing Movie
3. Re: ... Jun 10, 2008, 23:33 CreamyBlood

I remember using my Atari ST to to ray trace a cube and a sphere with a plain background and it took several days to render one frame.

I'd love to play Quake Wars with real time ray tracer, not that I'd be paying too much attention to the reflections within reflections...

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2008, 00:18 CreamyBlood

+Yard work
+Spring
+Weekend trips
+Outside time
+Summer activities

Gaming falls to the side for the next 3-4 months.

Ah ha! Now we finally know why they realease all of the games in the fall and Christmas season.

Thank you for explaining that to me.

1211 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo