Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CreamyBlood

Real Name CreamyBlood   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CreamyBlood
Email killjoy999@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description Old, beer drinking gamer. I think my first game was the ASCII version of Star Trek on an IBM mainframe at my Dad's work. Second was probably Pong that he built out of parts from an 'Electronics Today' magazine on a black and white TV....
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 18, 2003, 04:15
Total Comments 1211 (Pro)
User ID 19418

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Storytelling Q&A
1. The Story Jul 19, 2008, 08:10 CreamyBlood

I'm not sure if he's politician, Public Relations Officer or an actual story teller.

But I'm all for the story these days, it could be because I'm getting old, or bored, or jaded. I'm not sure.

Give me a story and I'll be happy. I like the idea, let's see what this pans out to in real life....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project Origin Details
20. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2008, 07:48 CreamyBlood

I wish they would. I normally buy used sci-fi books but lately my entertainment dollar has been going to brand new twelve dollar books instead of games.

Much more entertaining then the schlock I can find in PC video games these days.

Of course, I could just be getting old and jaded....

18. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2008, 07:16 CreamyBlood

Unless you're telling me they started completely from scratch, made an engine for the Xbox360, and then poorly ported it to the PC. In which case I question your sanity. Are you trying to say that a PC sequel to a PC game is going to be a poor console port even though it basically uses the same god damn engine?

Well, duh. Console controllers are limited, so is the design choice revolving around them.

Like Jerryk said. It changes Everything.

I'm going back to Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, for some reason. Just need some deep space capital ship combat with a story. Carry on...

11. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2008, 03:57 CreamyBlood

I started playing the original FEAR a few months ago since my computer is now capable of playing it but burned out after maybe five hours.

I suppose the graphics were nice, and the gameplay but the generic hallways and exact same enemies got old really quick. I'd played Quake 4 a few weeks before that and thought it was way better.

Some people like offices and humans, I like sci-fi and aliens, not a big deal.

I wonder if that implies some sort of co-op?

I work with a younger guy that has an older computer, a WII and now a PS3 (he's a big PS3 fan now) and he asked me why PC games don't have co-op in any of their games as that's 'the most fun evah' and that PC's are already networked and powerfull, etc, etc...

I had to grudgingly tell him that many PC games initially hint at co-op, then promise it and then inevitably yank it just before release because IT'S TOO MUCH HASSLE FOR THE DEVELOPERS.

Or that's what I tell him because I know that we all want it but nobody ever delivers.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Achievements Coming
26. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2008, 03:34 CreamyBlood

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I just do NOT get the point of achievements (it's an articial supplantation of normal gameplay.)

I have to agree with you. My first experience with 'achievements' was with Half Life 2 Ep2 a couple of weeks ago. (No, I don't play consoles, yes I'm behind the times on PC games).

When starting the game I think I saw a list off all the achievements I could possibly get but none of them made any sense to me as I hadn't played the game yet.

After completion (and during play), many of them didn't make sense as in order to progress through the game you'd have to accomplish them anyways.

Others, such as racing Dog down the river, when I was challenged with that, I thought to myself, “I bet that's on the achievement list”. Sure enough, it was. I lost the race and didn't care.

I think I finished the game with just over fifty percent of achievements, but I suspect that if you complete the game you get that by default.

As to TF2 (I installed it finally and played a couple of maps), I think they are completely bizarre and useless, like weapon unlocks.

I much prefer either of the Enemy Territory style types of gameplay where the game and stats last for a limited map rotation and then is completely reset.

It prevents useless stat padding and depends on skill. You can briefly get your name in lights and a small gameplay advantage and then it's all reset. I can play a round and look at my hit accuracy or death/kill ratio and brag (or cringe) but when it comes down to any of these games you know that you killed a few subs and got zero points, or helped revive lot's of people or killed a bunch of aircraft or whatever.

If you're halfway good at an online game, you already know if you played like crap or were an elite killing machine or not. Maybe the scoreboard didn't reflect it, but you understand and realize the fun you had and how particularly useless or heroic you were.

Putting in endless stats, unlocks and 'achievements' encourages shallow players to abandon the game and team and focus purely on personal statistics that are ultimately pointless to anyone except their own egos. It detracts from the team spirit of the game and puts the focus on the individuals sense of importance with numbers that are basically worthless to the game, their fellow players and themselves.

That's why I completely agree with your statement that "it's an artificial supplantation of normal gameplay."
This comment was edited on Jul 19, 03:37.

News Comments > MMO KOTOR Confirmed?
42. Re: KOTOR MMO... Jul 19, 2008, 02:43 CreamyBlood

Yet another MMO that is in development forever, that people talk about for years, that has 5,000 "previews" on various gaming websites and magazines, creates 5,000,000 online debates and arguments...

Good summary, John.

I liked KOTOR and lived through it's consolish interface as the game was enough to keep me going. I have to admit I finally burned out on the last planet and never finished going into orbit or whatever it was to see the final ending. I still have my save game.

I'm not sure how it would work as an MMPOG as to me the primary driving force of the game was the story and getting to new worlds and settings and situations. Perhaps the battle mechanics might be worth salvaging but other than that, I'm not sure what the connection between a the single player game and a big grind fest would be.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Movie
22. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2008, 02:06 CreamyBlood

I recognized a familiar 'beep' sound as he was selecting a body part to blow off. At least that's simular.

News Comments > John Carmack Q&A
14. Re: When is it LIVE? Jul 15, 2008, 01:53 CreamyBlood

I'm looking forward to this as I still love Q3. If I can run it from anywhere and get hooked up with similarly skilled players for a quick run, then great. He even mentioned Team Arena which a lot of people didn't like, but I did....

Plus I'm as curious as Carmack as to how this business experiment will turn out.

News Comments > Warren Spector & Pixar
3. Re: Hey Warren? Jul 15, 2008, 01:23 CreamyBlood

I'm really interested in the cool factor going way up.

News Comments > No DX10 Call of Duty: World at War
8. Re: No subject Jul 14, 2008, 23:58 CreamyBlood

Is 'visual fidelity' the new buzz word for 'graphics quality'? I saw Hollenshead use the term in a recent article and some other developer now everyone is using 'fidelity'.

News Comments > Flagship Loses IPs, Closes
45. Re: Whatever Jul 13, 2008, 07:07 CreamyBlood

In case I didn't make myself clear.

I think that Diablo should be shifted off of the PC and directly to the consolses.

Why?

Because it's a mindless clickfest that has nothing to do with gaming.

Dumb down the inventory (if that's possible), get it out of here. I'd be quite happy with that.

At the very least we'd get rid of all of these retards thinking they're playing an actual game and blaming it on PC's.

News Comments > Flagship Loses IPs, Closes
44. Whatever Jul 13, 2008, 06:50 CreamyBlood

Cry me a river. Like this is something some lame assed Diablo clone retards didn't see coming a few months ago. Should I throw my hands up in the air and wave them?

Guess what? It's the year 2008, we don't care. Consolites and 'mid-core' gamers should expect this kind of shit.

Some of us don't. Go whine a river.

Put this kind of news where it belongs, in the retard section.

News Comments > Two Worlds: Epic Edition Announced
7. Re: No subject Jul 13, 2008, 06:02 CreamyBlood

epic fail

Get it together.

If the company, Epic, has let you down, then please call it:

Epic has failed.

If not, go to grammar school and quit writing like a retard. I mean, 'mentally challenged person'.

News Comments > Hinterland Announced
9. Re: Bowie Jul 13, 2008, 05:52 CreamyBlood

No, it's just one of the many internet memes which makes someone feel important by doing the least amount of work and effort possible.

What the fuck is 'meme' and why am I asking you this as I could probably put less effort into reading up on it in some Google search.

But really, I hate people that don't understand English.

So, Fuck you. Retards.

I mean, nevermind.

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Details
22. Re: Lordlaggart Jul 13, 2008, 00:38 CreamyBlood

I think he was referring to RtCW.

Yes, I see that now after looking up Spear of Destiny. Man did I love that game.

But come to think of it, Doom was awesome if you had a couple of either 386/486's (can't remember, probably both) on an internal network and played it together. It was the dawn of networked gaming, we had 1200 baud modems back then and I don't think the web existed except for usenet. I was lucky enough to be at that fore-front and have the hardware.

I can actually picture in my mind hunting down my brother in dark flashing hallways.

We've come a long way. And ET still gives me a rush of adrenaline.

Anyways, I've finally finished the download for TF2, let's see what THATs all about...

News Comments > No Far Cry 2 Demo
49. Re: ... Jul 13, 2008, 00:21 CreamyBlood

I'll never forget Wake Island.

And now I own and play the game and all expansions every weekend.

I'll never forget getting the demo for Doom on diskette.

And now I own pretty much every game made by Carmack, et all...

News Comments > Battle of Britain II: Wings of Victory Patch
2. Re: No subject Jul 12, 2008, 17:06 CreamyBlood

I wish there was a demo for this. Sometimes I feel like playing a good flight sim with war tactics but I'm not sure how hardcore this is or if it would appeal to me.

News Comments > Hinterland Announced
6. Re: Bowie Jul 12, 2008, 16:56 CreamyBlood

I glanced at the headline and I swear to god it said "Hitlerland"...

This.

I think you missed a sentence or two to go with your lonely word.

18. Re: ... Jul 12, 2008, 16:43 CreamyBlood

The single player RtCW was fun enough, I enjoyed it, but the multiplayer done by Nerve was awesome. I don't know how many times I played that beach demo (speaking of 12 hours of demos).

Then Splash Damage took it and made Enemy Territory and now Quake Wars.

I remember playing Spear of Destiny after Wolf3D. At the time I thought it was incredibly creepy and gory although I doubt I'd think much of it now.

Anyways, I've enjoyed the entire spread of Wolf games over the years. I hope this new installment is entertaining although you never know anymore as everything seems to be so dumbed down to the point of annoyance these days.

15. Re: Lordlaggart Jul 12, 2008, 12:49 CreamyBlood

I thought the first Wolf was released over a decade ago, before Doom and didn't have any multiplayer. At least I don't think it did unless it had IPX or something, but I don't remember it.

1211 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo