Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CreamyBlood

Real Name CreamyBlood   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CreamyBlood
Email killjoy999@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description Old, beer drinking gamer. I think my first game was the ASCII version of Star Trek on an IBM mainframe at my Dad's work. Second was probably Pong that he built out of parts from an 'Electronics Today' magazine on a black and white TV....
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 18, 2003, 04:15
Total Comments 1211 (Pro)
User ID 19418

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Interview
9. Re: No prone, WTF?!? Aug 3, 2008, 11:09 CreamyBlood

You don't even need shrooms for that translation.

He's a guy that needs pills to make himself normal. Or at least a slice of normalicy. Do you really need Space Captain to translate for you?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Censored Fallout 3 Down Under?
9. Re: Bold Move Aug 3, 2008, 09:43 CreamyBlood

Most politicians across the planet should be beaten with digraroos and stuffed into Kangaroo pouches, with their courts.

News Comments > Call of Duty 6 in 2009
13. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2008, 09:16 CreamyBlood

I want another point and click adventure game based on Larry Nivens Ringworld, or at the least a good space based shooter fighting the Pak Protectors, and the Zinti, with Nazis and, nevermind.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Interview
6. Re: No prone, WTF?!? Aug 3, 2008, 08:54 CreamyBlood

So, the character won't be able to go prone in this game, that clinches it, I'm not getting this POS. Actually when they killed the demo I had already decided not to get this "game".

No fucking demo = no fucking sale.
No fucking prone = no fucking sale.

Prone isn't necessary since the player can hide in tall grass? Fu b, fu...

I stopped drining hard liquor about ten years ago, but some days I feel like having a beer with the Watch Dog, just to see if he is actually, a dog.

News Comments > id: Rage Against the PC Machine
11. Re: Misleading summary? Aug 3, 2008, 08:47 CreamyBlood

I think it bodes ill for all of us when he says that.

Regardless, I'm still putting my money into PC's.

The last time I had a console was the Intellivision.

News Comments > On id's Cancelled Game
70. Re: ... ... Aug 3, 2008, 05:38 CreamyBlood

I liked Doom 3 and Quake 4 and Prey.

Really, I did. They were all fun. Q4 was my favorite.

I'd actually pay for a Q4 single player addon.

I just paid $19.99 for San Andreas. It can't be that bad...

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Website, CE, Petition
12. Re: No subject Aug 1, 2008, 00:07 CreamyBlood

It's probably just an exclusive digital distro. EBGames says Deep Silver is the NA publisher, but I've never even heard of them.

As far as I can remember, Deep Silver is a European based publisher that is opening (or has opened) a North American office.

They are the publisher that Piranha Bytes (developers of the Gothic series) fled to after their fallout with Jowood.

http://rpb.deepsilver.com

News Comments > American McGee's Grimm Episode One Free Today
31. Re: ... Jul 31, 2008, 23:34 CreamyBlood

I love how people throw out percentage numbers without any research to back it up. As if "95.5%" would make "95%" more accurate. lol.

Well, if you accept these estimated population numbers for 2008:
( Source: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/xx.html )

World Population

Canada

U.S.A.

Then basic math says that Canada and the U.S.A. (North America actually contains almost fourty countries) comprises 5.05% of the World Population.

So those rich, selfish online Game Distributors are ignoring 94.95% of the Earth's population.

Somebody should write them an email.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: No subject Jul 27, 2008, 22:57 CreamyBlood

Batman makes everyone spew last week (or whenever it was), now something like that makes peoples pants wet?

News Comments > It Came from E3 2008, Part 25
2. Re: What idiots Jul 27, 2008, 19:04 CreamyBlood

Maybe there wasn't a whole lot more to choose from. Who knows?

News Comments > More Star Trek Online Beans Spilled
8. Re: STO Jul 27, 2008, 16:49 CreamyBlood

Isn't that what the soul of star trek is all about? Life onboard a starship?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the whole point of Star Trek was:

To explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before.

The Enterprise was the vehicle used to do that and in later versions of the series the ship was more like a luxury liner that often focused on dramatic soap opera type of stories (depending on who wrote the episode).

News Comments > More GTA IV PC Rumor Mongering
56. Re: ... Jul 27, 2008, 16:36 CreamyBlood

Wow. I couldn't stand 60hz, especially with large white areas (like those found with coding and browsing the web). It would give me the start of a headache within an hour. That said I have heard plenty of other people say the same as you, so I'm not questioning your statement.

Yeah, I really have no idea what the reason is. I certainly know clients and friends that have that problem, bumping it up to 72/75 usually solves the problem.

I wonder what the percentage of people that are affected by this is? I suspect it might be more than less. I suspect it's biological and that considering I already have bad eyesight, my optical system might be inferior, or some peoples optical system is overly sensitive. I'm not sure what the norm is.

As to San Andreas, I'm thinking of buying it off Steam for twenty bucks. I played Vice City two years late for cheap and enjoyed the hell out of it. I can wait for number four, not a big deal.

News Comments > Electronic Arts Q&A
1. Walking Jul 27, 2008, 15:56 CreamyBlood

Well, you have to admit this guy keeps talking the talk and saying what I like to hear, but I have the feeling this guy is confined to a wheelchair and it's not going to amount to anything.

News Comments > Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Date?
5. Re: No subject Jul 27, 2008, 15:52 CreamyBlood

Well, I haven't bothered playing any of these new-fangled MMORPG's so I could be talking out of my ass. But from all the comments relating to these releases I've read over the years I read it as:

"Paid Beta release for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning coming this fall."

News Comments > It Came from E3 2008, Part 24
7. Re: Game Studios Court the Mainstream Jul 27, 2008, 15:33 CreamyBlood

Considering the NES *still* has games that are considered so hard they're evil (Mega Man 1&2, SMB3, Ninja Gaiden, Battletoads, etc) what WOULD you call it, then?

Playing 'difficult' games doesn't have to equate 'hard-core' gamers in my mind, but then you'd have to define 'hard-core' which I'm sure means something different to everyone.

Somebody that's into Ministry, White Zombie and KMFDM for example could be labeled as 'hard-core'. But calling someone that loves Britney Spears, the Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus, 'hard-core' doesn't sound right in a sentence.

The same for video games. Consoles have always been behind the PC's and are made for the mass markets. If I had to classify it broadly, I'd go something like this:

Hard Core: PC gamers that play games that may include depth, skill, originality and usually bleeding edge technology.

Mid Core: Next Gen and Last Gen consoles.

Casual: Old consoles, handhelds, phones, flash games, etc.

Of course, someone that plays anything and everything on all of these platforms might be considered hard-core. Or have an addiction.

Another example would be that the morning news show I was watching the other day while getting ready for work had an interview and demonstration by a couple of 'hard-core' (that's the term they used) competitive video game players.

They were playing Halo 1 and said it was the best multiplayer game ever.

I chuckled to myself.

Maybe hard-core players know who they are and the rest just don't know any better.

News Comments > More GTA IV PC Rumor Mongering
54. Re: ... Jul 27, 2008, 14:33 CreamyBlood

Exactly... at 60hz, which is unusable due to the flickering common to CRT technology.

My ten year old 21" Compaq does 1600x1200 @60Hz as well. I realize that running at that frequency is a real problem for many people but I'm lucky in that it doesn't affect me.

I run everything at 60Hz and have all my life. I can code for 20 hours or play games and it doesn't bug me in the least. Perhaps there are advantages to having a defective or less than average optical system...

News Comments > It Came from E3 2008, Part 24
4. Re: Game Studios Court the Mainstream Jul 26, 2008, 22:46 CreamyBlood

The same thing even happened with music to a large degree.

As to the article, he seemed to be implying that old Nintendo gamers were 'hard-core', so although he understands the essence he doesn't get the big picture.

I agree that most of the games I've been enjoying lately are from the Old World and have been worth every penny.

News Comments > 1701 A.D. Patch
2. Re: Nice Jul 25, 2008, 23:13 CreamyBlood

Despite it's flaws I found this to be a really fun game that sucked up a lot of my time.

News Comments > Project Origin Details
29. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2008, 15:47 CreamyBlood

I really hate those fucking popup advertisements...

Ahh yes. The year is 2008 and some people still see ads in their browsers. It's really mind boggling, but I suppose somebody has to support all of those 'impressions'...

News Comments > Ubisoft Pirates No-CD Crack?
46. Re: It's not piracy if you own the work. Jul 19, 2008, 15:24 CreamyBlood

Ubisoft is not allowed to distribute the crack for the same reason the crackers aren't allowed to disribute the crack.

Go on. And that reason is...?

1211 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo