Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CreamyBlood

Real Name CreamyBlood   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CreamyBlood
Email killjoy999@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description Old, beer drinking gamer. I think my first game was the ASCII version of Star Trek on an IBM mainframe at my Dad's work. Second was probably Pong that he built out of parts from an 'Electronics Today' magazine on a black and white TV....
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 18, 2003, 04:15
Total Comments 1211 (Pro)
User ID 19418

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Gold - Euro Truck Simulator
1. Tractor Trailor Sim? Aug 9, 2008, 04:02 CreamyBlood

I'm wondering if this has you taking wide corners, backing into difficult docking bays using your mirrors and just basically being a 'truck driver sim', as opposed to managing a fleet of trucks.

I've scoured the net looking for tractor-trailor training 3d sim tools but have yet to find anything.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On id's Cross-Platform Future
11. Re: Hey John! Aug 9, 2008, 03:46 CreamyBlood

I agree, that was rather depressing.

When he mentions the future and 'xbox 720 or whatever', he only mentions consoles, the PC isn't even in the list.

Junior. Ahh well, he's betting his whole company on the Doom name and hoping that Quake 3 Live and Rage work out.

It's just really a bummer after thirty years of gaming to see in the year 2008 all of this great technology getting flushed down the toilet with incredibly dumbed down games.

News Comments > Diablo III Art Director to Change, Art Direction to Stay
26. Re: On noez! Aug 8, 2008, 01:02 CreamyBlood

Why cater to the goth/emo crowd? They're just going to pirate it anyway.

Wasn't Diablo released before the goth crowd became popular?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. History of Violence Aug 7, 2008, 22:18 CreamyBlood

Barbarian was the best beat-em-up I ever played although it was originally called 'Death Sword' on the Atari ST.

Not sure how I missed 'Harveter' as it looks pretty cool, I played a similar Full Motion Video type of game around that time called: Phantasmagoria: A Puzzle of Flesh.

Ahh, the good old days.

edit:

They forgot Schoolyard Slaughter. Probably not politically correct anymore as kids these days actually DO this kind of stuff for real now.

From Mobey Games:

Schoolyard Slaughter is a simple game (albeit an offensive one) wherein players earn points for shooting school children in the head for sport.

The gameplay echoes that of the standard point-and-click shooters that were commonly being produced at the time, and features crudely drawn children darting across a fixed backdrop at varying speeds. One hundred points are awarded for each successful headshot, along with a brief animation of the unfortunate victim collapsing in a pool of his or her blood. The player receives extra ammo for every thousand points, and the game ends when the player runs out of bullets. After the game, players can qualify to enter their name into the "Sportsman Journal" (a high score list) if their body count is impressive enough.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 22:31.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2008, 22:07 CreamyBlood

I hope I'm never put in that situation...to close out my soap box, I'd encourage you all to check out your local animal shelters, as you can find wonderful, lifelong friends there.

I agree, we kill hundreds of thousands of cats every year in North America. Don't go to a pet shop, or buy one, or for fucks sakes, clone a cat, go save one at your local shelter.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Lifetime subscription Aug 7, 2008, 21:45 CreamyBlood

Some MMPOG's that aren't even released yet often don't have a very long lifespan.

News Comments > id Software Interview
19. Re: ... Aug 7, 2008, 21:36 CreamyBlood

This while small companies like GSC Game World can put out games like STALKER: Clear Sky with full DX10 effects. No-one had 3D cards before id pushed for them, yet now they can't even be bothered supporting DX10 when other lesser developers already are?

As I understand it, it's not that important. Direct X is an API, a wrapper that makes it easier to use features of compliant graphics cards.

DX9 is the most stable and full featured version. DX10 has a few bells and whistles that are more like 'fluff'. Also, you need Vista and a DX10 class card to use it, which however out of date Steams survey is, is going to limit your audience no matter how you look at it.

On top of that he says that you can access those features from hardware anyways if you feel you really need them without using the DX10 API.

I'm sure he'll code for DX version Whatever, whenever he feels the minor improvements are worth severely restricing his potential user base.

That's how I read it anyways.

News Comments > Project RPB = Risen
12. Re: New countdown Aug 7, 2008, 01:38 CreamyBlood

Bethesda should buy out these guys. Let them do all the games content (world, quests, etc) while the current Bethesda employees handle the graphics side only... and maybe fill in the needed spots. But give the PB team total control over content. Between the two teams they could surely come up with a better combat system. Not to mention Bethesda's game would have top notch graphics minus that shallow game-world feeling.

I'd rather take my chances and not let Bethseda touch it with a ten foot pole. I understand that many people here actually liked Oblivion, but Gothic 2 was a much better game.

Even Gothic 3 after a year of their own version of 'community patches' still held my attention much longer than Oblivion (with patches) ever could.

I'll take depth and bugginess over shallowness and pretty shiny things any day. Actually I'd rather not deal with either but at least I found a game to play with G3 after a year's worth of patches. Two years of patching Oblivion still left me bored, but that's my opinion.

As to who was at fault, I lean towards Jowood being responsible for pushing that wreck out the door long before it was ready, but we'll probably never learn the real story.

At this point I think PB would do well to quit pissing around with the teasers and just show us what they can do with a publisher they trust and their own talent. I'm tired of the non-hype from all of these game companies. Just build the game and show it to us when it's fucking done, then prove your worthiness.

I thought that Gothic 2 was brilliant. Out do yourselves with that and I'll be a fan again. Right now the concept art calendars and Flash countdown timers to nothing just aren't giving much hope.

Just give us something better than Fallout 3 as we all know what that's going to turn out to be.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 01:39.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
5. Re: Thailand halts Grand Theft Auto sale Aug 5, 2008, 23:01 CreamyBlood

"Today it is a cab driver, but tomorrow it could be a video game shop owner."

I'm still trying to make sense of that statement. Are video game owners more highly regarded in Thailand than mere cab drivers?

News Comments > Blizzard Levels & More Achievements Coming
11. Re: Achievements? Aug 4, 2008, 14:37 CreamyBlood

I think my only experience with 'achievements' was with Half Life 2 Ep2. I didn't really see the point of them and thought of them as kind of a cheap gimmick.

It's not a big deal though as I can ignore them and for those that like them they're for their enjoyment.

News Comments > Censored Fallout 3 Down Under?
23. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2008, 00:19 CreamyBlood

There ain't no justice nowhere.

20. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2008, 21:30 CreamyBlood

...unfortunately as the previous poster said, this may well be what we'll be faced with in the US very soon. as much as I like Obama, having a majority democratic administration means we might start seeing innocuous things being labeled "hate speech" or beating up hookers in GTA being nailed as "encouraging violence against women".

Your blessed Bush Republican is way a head of you, dude.

WASHINGTON, Aug. 5 2007 — President Bush signed into law on Sunday legislation that broadly expanded the government’s authority to eavesdrop on the international telephone calls and e-mail messages of American citizens without warrants.

19. Re: i come from a land down under Aug 3, 2008, 21:24 CreamyBlood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbjFF9UDwEI

Always subtle yet hilarious. Thank you for that.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Interview
13. Re: No prone, WTF?!? Aug 3, 2008, 21:11 CreamyBlood

biatch

News Comments > On id's Cancelled Game
78. Re: ... Aug 3, 2008, 21:09 CreamyBlood

I cannot remember even a single character from Doom 3, not even the name of the character you play.

I think it was Fred, or possibly Frank. Don't quote me on that.

News Comments > It Came from QuakeCon 2008, Part 5
2. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2008, 12:03 CreamyBlood

I really want to hit one of those conventions, some year. It didn't say 'no beer' and I'm pretty sure I could blend in...

Maybe 2012 once they let us through the border.

News Comments > It Came from QuakeCon 2008, Part 4
2. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2008, 11:53 CreamyBlood

Your sentence is still confusing me.

11. Re: i come from a land down under Aug 3, 2008, 11:40 CreamyBlood

Some days I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Make that most days.

News Comments > Call of Duty 6 in 2009
22. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2008, 11:37 CreamyBlood

WWI FPS - could be great. Bolt action rifles, semi-auto pistols, bayonets. Deployed MGs, and the occasional giant tank.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Red something or other done that with a Q3 mod available for purchase and download on Steam?

News Comments > Call of Duty 6 in 2009
19. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2008, 11:21 CreamyBlood

So, what I've learned is that I really care about the even numbered Call of Duty games, and wait for feedback on the odd ones

For a minute there I thought we were talking about Star Trek Movies.

1211 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo