Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for K-Dogg

Real Name K-Dogg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pumas
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 16, 2003, 09:44
Total Comments 358 (Amateur)
User ID 19403

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2014, 23:29 Pumas

This Man Has Survived on Pizza Alone for 25 Years, but Says Domino's Pizza Burned Him When He Had Sex With It.  
How will I know limits from lies if I never try?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
31. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 21, 2014, 00:07 Pumas

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 19:14:
I think there are still a couple of holdouts from the EU in what is generally considered Europe, but yeah, pretty much. Most people don't say Europe and think that Russia is grouped right in there.

You are well beyond missing the point. I was simply trying to explain to InBlack that running fiber in Croatia is a less daunting task than running it in the US because our country is nearly as big as a continent. I figured someone in Croatia would have a decent grasp of that scale.

24. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 19, 2014, 18:18 Pumas

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 16:46:
Uh, our country is bigger than all of Europe. By quite a bit. And that's not even including Alaska and Hawaii.

USA - 3,794,101 sq mi

Europe - 3,930,000 sq mi

I looked it up before posting

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 19, 2014, 15:58 Pumas

InBlack wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 09:49:
Well said Pigeon. The article is complete and utter paid-for-shill bullshit. In my country (Croatia) the biggest cable company is currently promoting and provding a six month 120MBIT connection FREE trial for new users. Unrestricted, unlimited broadband with NO caps. For less than a dollar. If I wasnt already a customer I would be signing up ASAP. If a shitty east european country can do it, there is NO REASON whatsever that this should be a problem in the US. The infrastructure investment is just SPIN. Dont believe a word of it, optic-fibre is realtively cheap. The real reason for the terrible caps on broadband in the states is PERCIEVED PIRACY. The digital publishers, retailers, distributors, record companies, etc. are working in collusion with ISPs on this.

The scale of the US is so much larger than people realize. The state I live in (Indiana) is 50% larger with 50% more people than your entire country. Indiana isn't among the largest states in the US. Our country is nearly as big as ALL of Europe. That's a crapton of fiber to run.

That said, the communications companies running them certainly aren't hurting for money and could easily do the upgrade if they had to...but they don't because there's not enough competition.

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2014, 16:03.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs
57. Re: MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs Dec 15, 2013, 13:11 Pumas

What this needs is an animation of a golden mech jump-jetting over a mechanical shark.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $34 Million
12. Re: Star Citizen Hits $35 Million Dec 8, 2013, 17:24 Pumas

I think Creston has the right line of thought here because the blurb specifically says that at least one of the planets lie on the event horizon of the black hole (the chthonian world). At that point, you would not even be able to see the planet from outside the event horizon, assuming that it wasn't already being disintegrated, because light is being pulled inwards.

The gas giant is more plausible.

But I agree, if they could do the effects right and suspend disbelief for a bit...it could look insanely awesome with time and optical dilation.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts System Requirements
24. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts System Requirements Oct 8, 2013, 02:56 Pumas

Whoa. Uhhhh...I guess there was always going to be a time when my 4 year old build was going to become obsolete, I just didn't realize it was going to be by a game that historically has 10 hours of gameplay.

I'm short on the proc, RAM and just barely passing on the vid card.

But I have a solution! I never planned to buy the damn game in the first place, so my machine is safe...for now.

News Comments > EverQuest II Giving Away Level 85 Characters
3. Re: EverQuest II Giving Away Level 85 Characters Oct 2, 2013, 22:19 Pumas

EQII jumping the shark that jumped over the moon.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 9, 2013, 11:06 Pumas

My dream library: Unlimited real books for $0 a month.

I believe they're calling this concept "a library". It's been around for a few years now.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Six
5. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 16, 2013, 18:36 Pumas

Jerykk wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 17:41:
There are still booth babes, so I'd say it's still an issue. That said, sexism has been and always will be an issue in most male-dominated industries. Until men stop wanting to look at hot chicks, this isn't going to change so good luck with that.

How on earth is paying a model to do what models get paid to do sexist in any way?

"I'm sorry miss, but we can't hire you this year because apparently your career offends people. Good luck finding work!"

If hiring male models helps the companies sell more games, then you can bet your ass that's exactly what they'll do.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2013, 22:23 Pumas

To be fair, they can't count me, because I have a subscription to HBO, but prefer the to watch it in a different format on my own schedule.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced
4. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced May 30, 2013, 10:10 Pumas

I need some sort of map to find my way through Nvidia's naming and pricing structure.  

News Comments > Bethesda's New Tease
11. Re: Bethesda's New Tease May 6, 2013, 14:59 Pumas

It appears to be some sort of tunnel drilling simulator. That's really been missing from the simulator genre. I'm excited  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
14. Re: Reddit Apr 28, 2013, 00:57 Pumas

Quboid wrote on Apr 27, 2013, 15:47:
I doubt many intelligence agencies make this sort of error

Errrr...like the kind of intelligence errors that would lead a country to, say, invade 2 other countries based upon completely false information resulting in thousands of lost lives?

News Comments > Origin Vulnerable to Remote Execution
8. Re: Origin Vulnerable to Remote Execution Mar 19, 2013, 03:57 Pumas

If remote execution means shoot it with a sniper rifle, then I'm for it.  

News Comments > SimCity Status Report
14. Re: SimCity Status Report Mar 13, 2013, 23:26 Pumas

Ludomancer wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 23:00:
What was it now? Ano 2070? I haven't played it, but shit it looks good.

There's also that Cities XL, but even though I bought it the hard drive it was on died, so I never got a chance to try it out.

Either way, two potentially viable alternatives that probably deserve more marketing than Simcity does today.

Cities XL is tons of fun but suffers from both bad coding and disinterest in fixing said coding. When your city reaches into the higher population numbers, a memory leak that's been with the franchise since the first iteration and has not been fixed causes even the most robust of systems to slow to a crawl.

It's a real shame because it's a great game otherwise.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 17, 2012, 00:07 Pumas

Orphic Resonance wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 23:54:
so now we can look forward to military grade video cards

$100 million over budget, 2 years late and don't work right until a few years after deployment?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 24, 2012, 15:53 Pumas

Bill Borre wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 13:02:
guards beating up a worker

WTF? Do they run their businesses like prisons? Geez, and I thought American Corporatism was bad.

Ummmm...yes, yes they do. And American Corporatism is the reason Foxconn exists. They make the vast majority of US electronic devices including most Apple products to name one of many.

There was an article not too long ago about Foxconn putting up large nets around their buildings to catch the workers (who live on the plant grounds in tiny apartments btw) who try to kill themselves by jumping.

It's all in the name of cheap luxury items for you and me.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. EA warns, ‘releasing new IP this late in console cycle is a mistake’. Sep 4, 2012, 19:37 Pumas

Errr...but when was the last time EA actually released new IP??? They're the king of turd mountain when it comes to milking IP to death.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Using Twitter To Identify Psychopaths Jul 21, 2012, 14:40 Pumas

The use of twitter in general signifies at least some kind of psychosis.  

358 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo