Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Reactor

Real Name Reactor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Reactor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2003, 10:47
Total Comments 738 (Apprentice)
User ID 19395

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > SÖLDNER Add-on Named
7. Re: No subject Jan 19, 2005, 00:25 Reactor

Try their forum.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quake IV Screenshots
32. Re: Quake 4!!! Dec 28, 2004, 02:50 Reactor

Why is it, always about 20 posts into a topic, the 'I won't play it unless it evolves the genre' whiners always rock up? If it entertains, great. I personally don't need an fps to 'evolve the genre' every single freaking time. Quake 1- shooter. Quake 2- shooter. Quake 3 (you'll never guess this)- shooter. Why the heck does Quake 4 have to be different? If you want something different, play a different game for goodness sakes.

News Comments > Gish Patch
5. Re: For those that didn't know... Dec 16, 2004, 00:40 Reactor

Yes, I *loved* Chrome.

News Comments > Gish Patch
2. Re: Fun game.. Dec 15, 2004, 09:37 Reactor

If the patch makes you smarter, then... yes.

News Comments > Chrome = Advanced Battlegrounds
22. Re: Chrome Dec 9, 2004, 03:44 Reactor

I loved Chrome. Putting it on the hardest difficulty gave you a really good challenge, without the game being unfair.

News Comments > Hard to be a God
34. Re: No subject Dec 3, 2004, 00:01 Reactor

"there's a few good nuggets here and there about being nice to people would make the world a better place, but it's drowned out in 'begats' and God smiting people who didn't do what he said to do."

Did you even read the bible? If that's all you think it's about, you must have read it upside down and backwards.

"However,the ‘original’ Greek text was not written until around the mid-Fourth Century and was a revised edition of writings compiled decades earlier in Aramaic and Hebrew."

Man, you are way off track. The Greek was based on Aramaic and Hebrew? *shakes head*

News Comments > Rainbow Six 4 Details Soon
5. Re: Tough one Nov 30, 2004, 09:09 Reactor

Can't wait until they make Rainbow Six 6. That'll confuse a few people...

News Comments > Boiling Point Movie
1. No subject Nov 27, 2004, 06:17 Reactor

If it's anything like Codename Outbreak, this will be one fun game. Looking forward to it.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Stutter Patch Follow-up
83. Re: No subject Nov 25, 2004, 00:33 Reactor

Having to authenticate HL2 to play singleplayer was a free surprise for the community, so... I'm sure this next one will be great!

News Comments > 20,000 Steam Accounts Disabled
182. Re: No subject Nov 24, 2004, 09:32 Reactor

"They are still bound with Vivendi by contract, in case you haven't noticed..."

Yes, this is true. My point still stands... unless Vivendi had a contract about the authentication process as well, of course.

Nice points, WaltC.

175. Re: No subject Nov 24, 2004, 08:08 Reactor

D4rkKnight, what the heck are you on about? I know all of that. My point was that the purpose of Steam is more than an avenue for Valve to sell online, in contrast to the point ^Drag0n^ had made. Quit stating the obvious, and start listening to what I'm saying. Steam may simply look like a way for Valve to cut out the middle man so they can avoid the *sob* sad story of paying a publisher/distributor , but I believe the future will prove otherwise. If all Valve wanted to do was 'try to corner that decent chunk of the market thats willing to purchase online' they wouldn't have needed the authentication crud that goes with it. And, please don't try and tell me that's there to stop pirates. It's not going to do anything at all to stop them, and I'd be surprised if Valve haven't come to the same conclusion.

165. Re: morons Nov 24, 2004, 04:54 Reactor

"The reason behind steam is to give 100% of the money paid for the product to the DEVELOPER as opposed to Vivendi/Havas/Universal/Sierra/"Evil-Dog-Empire-of-Satan"."

You don't need to make it sound like a sob-story, as if Valve are being hard hard done by. Every developer who wants their game on a store shelf has to work by those conditions. Somehow I doubt Steam is only about taking all the profits. If they wanted to avoid the costs of putting Half-Life 2 on the shelves, they could have simply sold direct to the online customer (only), the same way self-publishing indie developers have been doing it for years. There's much more to Steam, I guarentee. All the authentication hoo-hah is as much about making the game player Valve's bitch, as it is about cutting out the middle man.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Stutter Fix Tomorrow
57. Re: didn't have this problem Nov 23, 2004, 00:19 Reactor

"The AI is definitely inferior to what HL1 had to offer, HL1's black ops still have to be beaten by any game."

What the heck... are you insane? Half-Life 1's AI sucked. It was basic predictable way-point AI. Those black ops guys were so easy to kill it was stupid, as soon as you worked out where their waypoints were.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Nexus
8. Re: Subject Nov 4, 2004, 05:08 Reactor

It doesn't look that great. The ships look good in all their pixel shader glory, but the backgrounds look like a complete disaster in comparison. Also, it didn't help releasing a singleplayer game without any form of instructions. I played it for about half an hour, couldn't work out what to do, and deleted it. I'm sure there's a good game under the mess of menus somewhere, but I couldn't find it (and I'm generally good at working out games without instructions).

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Nexus
5. Re: Methinks you missed a tag after this Nov 4, 2004, 02:38 Reactor

All I want to know is which deaf dumb and blind moron said “One of the Biggest Surprises of the Year!!”. You'd have to be living under a rock for the last year to have missed the screenshots, movies, and two demos (not to mention all the other hype surrounding it).

News Comments > SFC3 Generations Mod
4. Re: Hrm... Oct 27, 2004, 11:09 Reactor

What are you, disabled? I said I thought the mod was a good thing.

News Comments > SFC3 Generations Mod
2. Re: Sfc3 blows, sfc1 and 2 pwned. Oct 27, 2004, 09:37 Reactor

SFC 1 was great, 2 was a cheaper version of 1, and 3... I have no idea, but perhaps the add-on would go some way to making it better. After all, who cares what SFC3 was like if the add-on turns it into something worth playing?

News Comments > Half-Life 2 AU Woes?
24. Re: Australian Censorship Oct 26, 2004, 11:15 Reactor

From what I understand, if a game is going to be banned over here, someone then turns around the game company and asks something like, "Could you make the blood green?" and then all the problems go away. It's happened before a number of times, so I'd be surprised if HL2 doesn't appear in aus (assuming it doesn't meet the MA 15+ rating).

News Comments > Site Seeing - The Elder Scrolls IV
29. No subject Oct 23, 2004, 02:11 Reactor

All I want to know is- are there cliffracers?

News Comments > Chrome: SpecForce Announced
5. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2004, 00:46 Reactor

I bought Chrome on a whim, and really enjoyed playing it. On the hardest difficulty, the badguys actually posed a decent challenge. Apart from the odd dumb bit here and there, Chrome is a top fps game... quite underrated.

738 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo