Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Reactor

Real Name Reactor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Reactor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2003, 10:47
Total Comments 736 (Apprentice)
User ID 19395

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Rag Doll Kung Fu Goes Steam
36. Re: The blue's gets religion? *sigh* Aug 13, 2005, 07:24 Reactor

Wow, nice lot of opinion there. Sounds to me like you really don't understand very much at all, since "'for without faith, I am nothing'" isn't even slightly in line with what the bible says. Let's not also get into how many times in that paragraph you completely missed my point, and rambled on in a way that made it sound as if you'd been hitting the magic mushrooms a weee bit too often.

Good job!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: No subject Aug 13, 2005, 05:43 Reactor

Sorry, missed your edit.

""Being right" is really irrelevent to the whole revelation of GOD EXISTING."

You think so? Ever heard the scripture, "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." Disagree with me today, but think on that one. Understand that scripture, and you'll have the proof you're after.

28. Re: No subject Aug 13, 2005, 05:38 Reactor

No... you're right. More than likely wouldn't. But, I'm sure you have more than one 'other guy' in your life. We're talking attitudes here, and attitudes permiate throughout many aspects of our lives. If it's not this guy, it'll be another guy.

26. Re: No subject Aug 13, 2005, 05:09 Reactor

I didn't read anything incorrectly. I said you were too proud to believe you could be incorrect, and you just made that all the more clear to me with your last post. To be honest though, I'm not surprised you got a little testy at the guy who picked on your current beliefs, because his attitude was about it was out of line. My point was however, that although you claim you'll change your mind if your find the proofs you're after, I'm doubtful you will... because sooner or later, if 'proof' does come your way, you'll have to face the fact the other guy was right all along, something I doubt you'll find easy (though you seem to pretend it will be).

Take it or leave it... but I hope you find what you're after, either way. Lastly, I agree about keeping things on topic

23. Re: No subject Aug 13, 2005, 03:59 Reactor

"I'm not going to spin the wheel of religion without some proof."

"As is, fuck you for saying my beliefs are wrong."

God could hand you all the 'proof' you want on a giant silver platter, and I guarentee, you'd be too heaped in your own pride to see it. Heaven forbid your beliefs could actually be wrong!

Physics wise, sure... it's quite simple to do these days.

News Comments > Stargate - Perception Strikes Back
26. Re: Well... Aug 12, 2005, 13:05 Reactor

Unlike some people, I'm really looking forward to the Stargate game, and I thought the work that's been done on it so far looked pretty good. I'm really pleased to hear someone is going to fight to keep it alive.

News Comments > Game & Mod Development
1. No subject Aug 10, 2005, 11:44 Reactor

I still can't work out why this poor engine is worthy of a news update.... there are many, many engines more worthy of a mention.

News Comments > New Trash Beta
2. Re: No subject Aug 9, 2005, 04:20 Reactor

Fun little game, and lan friendly as well.

News Comments > Shenmue Online Axed?
15. Re: bummer Aug 5, 2005, 08:59 Reactor

I'm so glad I picked up Shenmue 2 for my Dreamcast

News Comments > War World Launched, Demo
27. Re: ... Aug 1, 2005, 05:35 Reactor

Shogo multiplayer... now THAT was fun.

News Comments > War World Launched, Demo
23. Re: Impressive engine, but boring. Aug 1, 2005, 01:31 Reactor

"...there's nothing in the way of tactics (also not helped by small maps."

There's plenty of good tactics available for a game like this.

News Comments > Scooter War3z
7. Re: Spelling Jul 19, 2005, 01:13 Reactor

Or using capital letters, which is always more important that missing an o.

News Comments > Scooter War3z
5. Re: Spelling Jul 19, 2005, 00:46 Reactor

"Scooter War3z delivers a surprising combination of high-speed racing, crash'em up action and death defying ragdoll stunts."

Wow, that's really surprising! I thought the game would be the opposite of jumping on the 'how can we use these funny physics and make motor vechicles smash like the 400 games before us' bandwagon.

"...where it's all about winning."

Awesome. For a moment there I thought it'd be all about loosing.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. No subject Jul 16, 2005, 08:53 Reactor

PGR3 Textured, not stirred... oh man, I love how people think this is what reality looks like. Time to get away from the old computer and go outside, methinks.

News Comments > Sin 2 on Steam
154. Re: Grr Jul 5, 2005, 07:50 Reactor

I HEARD that it isn't the BEST game EVAR.

148. Re: Grr Jul 5, 2005, 06:43 Reactor

*laughs at Hellbinder*

"For years and years we have had client based pay delivery content for games. Yeah.. heck everyone’s doing it."

Check the indie gaming scene, newly appointed captain of the moronic comment team.

I think 'Shut_The_Hell_Up' (nice name there) made some good points, but the issue isn't about the convenience of Steam. Those kinds of setups always have some payoffs in some form or another. If you really want to know what drives the angst behind things like Steam and Trymedia... have a really good think about it. And, if you just can't work out what it is that's irking people, just wait and few years, and I promise you'll find out.

There are issues about the size of Steam, or how much memory it's taking, or how it limits the control you have over what you've just purchased, but that isn't the main problem at all. When Steam was announced to the world, a lot of long-time gamers and industry developers said, "Wow, bad idea." and a lot of corporate guys said, "Ohh, this is a good idea." There's a red flag right there.

124. Re: No subject Jul 5, 2005, 02:05 Reactor

"What is your problem with understanding that both methods are okay?"

That's the problem- it looks like there won't be two methods for playing Sin2. And on a side note, Steam is not a 'cool' idea. It's a plain old idea, that's been done many, many times before. The difference is, Steam makes you a bitch, while the other methods leave you in control after you've handed over your money. But, hey... if Steam's method works for you, enjoy!

"Are there ANY recent games that allow you to stream data off the CD?"

Some, yes... but I thought the reason PC games were going to DVD was so the problem of 3gig installs could be somewhat dealt with.

115. Re: Hrm. Jul 5, 2005, 00:05 Reactor

Steam may work well for some people, but I believe that's in spite of the fact it's a poor way of distributing games. Downloading games over the internet? I have no problem with that. But, there are certain things about Steam (and about Valve in general) that make me cringe... like how Steam seems designed to keep everyone on a leash. Want to see a system like Steam done properly? Have a look at Totalgaming.net For me, downloading games isn't a problem. It's a 'Steam is crap' kind of issue.

Also, while Sin 2 may be worth playing when it arrives, I want a disk to play it from, because I don't want my entire harddrive filled up by a bunch of developers, who thought I wouldn't mind taking up 40gigs of space with king-size textures and fmv intros.

No disk, no buy. End of story.

News Comments > Another Sin II Puzzle
3. Re: Ehh Jun 28, 2005, 11:57 Reactor

What a pack of whiners. Just solve the puzzles and enjoy yourselves for goodness sakes.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2005, 09:09 Reactor

*shakes head*

Hollywood... plus games... the future isn't bright.

736 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo