Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Reactor

Real Name Reactor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Reactor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2003, 10:47
Total Comments 739 (Apprentice)
User ID 19395

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - ParaWorld
3. Re: No subject Sep 28, 2006, 02:20 Reactor

Only 1 gig, eh? I'm still on 786.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bitmap Remakes
9. Re: No subject Sep 28, 2006, 02:17 Reactor

I still use my original Choas Engine code as a password. Don't ask why I still remember it... something to do with a certain part of the game being quite hard

I'll believe these remakes when I see them.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - ParaWorld
1. No subject Sep 27, 2006, 10:33 Reactor

I really like the look of this. Now all I have to do is upgrade my computer and I'll be able to play it.

News Comments > Counter-Strike Free Market
24. Re: REPLIES Sep 24, 2006, 10:21 Reactor

Hey, I liked Trespasser.

But moving right along... I agree that people, leagues and whatever else will adapt. And, people will always find something to whine about in games- especially 14 year olds complaining about awps.

Compared to me you're a damn scrub in CS.

Personally, I suck at CS, but I love the fact there are so many legends around here.

News Comments > Game & Mod Development - Slipgate Ironworks Help Wanted
1. No subject Sep 20, 2006, 10:50 Reactor

Good to see FishEd on Gamasutra... it's a great little program.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. No subject Aug 28, 2006, 21:58 Reactor

Hmmmm, Chrome 2 look pretty nice...

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: RIP SG1 Aug 22, 2006, 23:23 Reactor

Always the way.... unfortunately.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: 10 best gaming years... Jul 26, 2006, 03:32 Reactor

That's one of the most pathetic attempts at gaming journalism I've ever seen. While these guys were playing a whole host of average console games, I was experiencing some of the best gaming years via the Amiga- during the years when apparently nothing happened.

Man, do gaming journos not know jack these days.

News Comments > Age of Empires III Patch Plans
3. Re: No subject May 22, 2006, 06:06 Reactor

I'm glad all the updates keep coming for AOE3... these guys are supporting the game well. Of course, it's also good the game's updates don't force those who play the game on Win2k to use XP, so that's good as well

News Comments > Serious Sam 2 Patch
5. Re: No subject Apr 25, 2006, 12:46 Reactor

I'm currently enjoying it

News Comments > Game & Mod Development
1. No subject Jan 1, 2006, 03:07 Reactor

Ha! Nullarbor made it onto Bluesnews... now that's just funny

*gets back to working on a game*

News Comments > Minions of Mirth Released, Demo
6. Re: online only? Dec 16, 2005, 10:26 Reactor

This looks really entertaining to me. Graphics aren't everything... the game itself looks really enjoyable, but I guess the demo will help make it clear if that's true or not.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
6. Re: No subject Dec 10, 2005, 08:55 Reactor

Little Computer People was great, and lots of fun.

Supreme Commander... mmmm, goood. Even if it's just TA with better graphics, I'll be happy with it. Still, some updated AI sure would be nice...

News Comments > Quake 4 Demo Glitch
38. Re: I installed it and briefly played. Nov 25, 2005, 01:19 Reactor

Parallax, the Live does work with OpenAL... but I think you're correct in saying that not every feature is supported. Still, it'd be nice if Raven had written it up properly.

News Comments > Quake 4 Demo Glitch
26. Re: I agree with POST NUMBER 2, 100% Nov 24, 2005, 21:47 Reactor

All we get is an "audio volume" slider. Honestly, that's just lazy.

I couldn't agree more about that one. Also, the game told me my sound card couldn't support OpenAL, which is completely false. I have an old SBLive Value, but I've run many games that use OpenAL before.

News Comments > Quake 4 Demo
68. Re: Holy shit Nov 24, 2005, 10:50 Reactor

The only reason Quake 1 was popular was because (forgetting the new graphics tech for a moment) it arrived at the dawn of modding and netplay. If Quake 2's engine hadn't been so good, it would have died a quicker death than Extreme Paintbrawl. The game just wasn't that great. Anyway, considering Doom 3 already had the 'best PC engine' tech first, and because the consoles are now (almost) catching up to the PC, Quake 4 doesn't seem so amazing graphically.... even though what it is using is quite cutting-edge.

63. Re: Holy shit Nov 24, 2005, 09:19 Reactor

2 years of development and you cant make a fucking exploding barrel look cool?

It's a barrel man! Snap out of it!

look basically like random-generated models or something.

Please, never ever try and review a game. Please... I beg you

54. Re: Well Nov 24, 2005, 05:46 Reactor

There was nothing hypocritical about what I said- you misunderstand my point. Normally I have no problem with people whining (as gamers tend to do) but both yourself and Ray effectively said, "Golly gosh gee, I just don't get why people like a mediocre/poor game like this." and I explained that the fault isn't with them- it's with you. You see, Extreme Paintbrawl is a bad game. Quake 4 is not a bad game- you just have a poor idea of what mediocre is to the general gaming public. You know what it is for yourself, sure, but you're obviously clueless as to the rest of the world, which is why Quake 4 is quite well reviewed, and why the majority of comments I've heard about it have been positive.

...my points still stand...

I'm sorry, what points were those? You offered a number of "The levels were dumb." comments, and a brief list of what happens in the game, which really doesn't bother me (nor would I expect too many other Quake-hungry gamers) at all. I mean, Quake 1 had no plotline... Quake 2 had no plotline, and so I personally don't have an issue with running around shooting things, and doing little much else. It's Quake for goodness sakes.

Aside from about two points, Ray's comments were also completely lacking (the semi-factual, non opinion based ones), and proved in about two seconds Ray has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to texture sizes, model polycounts, how the Doom 3 engine works, or why Raven made the choices they did as far as graphical design (skyboxes, etc) goes. Of course, I'm sure you agreed with him because of the amazing facts Ray provided to go with his long list of complaints. [Not]

Blah blah blah, if you have any decent complains to make, I'm all ears.

Edit: As for the stars thing, although a point drawing system would have made for a much better backdrop, it might have been a big waste of time to get going (there's not that much in space, right?) and it may not have been easily (or at all) workable into the D3 engine.
This comment was edited on Nov 24, 07:37.

51. Re: Well Nov 24, 2005, 03:49 Reactor

There's no 'spot on's here, Scottish. 95% of what's being said is a matter of opinion. I thought both the original Half-Life and Quake were downright poor fps experiences. You don't like Q4, that's fine... but some do. Get over the fact, and learn how not to be baffled when the entire world doesn't line up with your feelings on a game.

Anyway, nice to hear the nailgun gets an upgrade.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 03:50.

739 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo