Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Reactor

Real Name Reactor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Reactor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2003, 10:47
Total Comments 736 (Apprentice)
User ID 19395

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > New Star Wars Galaxies Chapter
16. Re: For what it's worth... Feb 23, 2007, 07:28 Reactor

Just because you are an easily entertained simpleton doesn't mean everyone is. Some people actually like quality entertainment, ya know?

That, or they just like whining about everything that isn't purpose-built to satify their every whim and desire. It's just a movie and a bunch of games, so get over it and quit complaining. I get that the movies and games won't appeal to everyone, but some people on here go on about it that much you'd think the makers spat on and insulted their mothers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Star Wars Galaxies Chapter
13. Re: For what it's worth... Feb 23, 2007, 05:01 Reactor

I love the Bluesnews whiners club. I enjoyed all of the Starwars movies (minus the odd scene here and there) and have enjoyed quite a few Starwars games. Not having played SWG I can't really comment on it... but I'm sure someone out there is getting their monies worth, even if it isn't widely recognised as being all that great.

All of this, 'Starwars is a disgrace' stuff is just rubbish. It may not be exactly what you want, but outside of the internet complaining it's something everyone I know has enjoyed.

News Comments > Determinance Demo
15. Re: No subject Feb 17, 2007, 07:12 Reactor

I agree with the post that said that the only reason the characters fly is that the devs couldn't do a decent walking/fighting animation.

I doubt it. I think they made the characters fly because it's different from most fighting games, and it's more interesting than two characters fighting on the same plane as each other.

News Comments > Crysis and Older PCs
37. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2007, 09:19 Reactor

Oblivion felt more like a first-person melee game with RPG elements.

I agree, but people say fps because it's a gaming fad word, instead of fpm

33. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2007, 09:01 Reactor

Just to confuse you, Oblivion is an rpg with fps elements, because it's more of an rpg than a shooter. SS2 and Deus Ex are more shooters than rpgs, and that's why it's more correct to call them fps games, if you're going to be black and white about what you call them. What is an rpg anyway? An fps is fairly easy to define (first person, shooting, etc) but asian 'rpgs' are just stories with a few stat tweaking elements, while western rpgs are often games with elements taken from the original non-computer based role playing games, where you actually had to play a role.

Anyway, everything's just a big jumbled mess

EDIT: I love the additions to the quote above. I couldn't help read it as...

"You should not miss anything when [being a complete loser you're only] playing it on DX9, but if you get a chance to play it on DX10 you might [miss the uber-amazing awesomeness when going back to loserish DX9].
This comment was edited on Feb 7, 09:06.

29. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2007, 08:35 Reactor

System Shock 2 and Deus Ex aren't FPSes anyways. They're RPGs.

No, they're first person shooters with rpg elements. 90% of those games are shooting from the first person perspective. The other 10% is upgrading your gun or a few basic chatacter stats.

It's interesting to hear people liked Farcry. All I've heard over the last few years is people talking about how crappy it was in the gameplay department. For myself, I didn't play any more than the demo because the graphics looked a heck of a lot like Lands of Lore to me, with ugly sprite plants and badly textured and lit terrain. Obviously Crysis looks much better... but I'm not holding out for it to be playable on my old FX5600... or for it to have amazing gameplay.

Nolf 2 multiplayer- the best.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Patches
7. Re: What the hell... Feb 3, 2007, 08:41 Reactor

I enjoyed it... Quake 4 for me seemed like what Doom 3 should have been, but I enjoyed it anyway because no other games does monster closets quite like D3

Edit: And whatever happened to a forum without lame siley faces? Ah well.
This comment was edited on Feb 3, 08:42.

News Comments > Armed Assault Euro Release Plans
14. Re: US Release Jan 26, 2007, 21:54 Reactor

You *only* have sli'd 7900s? Bud, if the game didn't run well on your rig I'd be shocked. If it didn't, I'd say you should work on being less of a graphics whore and drop the 57x AA at 1600. The other thing I wondering is- why would a TrackIR 4 Pro help the game run faster?

News Comments > BioShock Website, Q&A
47. Re: No subject Jan 22, 2007, 09:31 Reactor

I played Tribes 2, and I'm not exactly sure what all the fuss is about... it's a bunch of guys float-jumping around shooting at each other. I found it quite boring. I mean, if you enjoyed it, great... I just didn't find it the uber game people make it out to be.

News Comments > BioShock Website, Q&A
28. Re: No subject Jan 21, 2007, 23:10 Reactor

"Freedom Force started out to be a great franchise and they fubar'd it to hell with 'The Third Reich'."

I'm sorry, but when you thought you were playing Freedom Force 2, are you sure you weren't playing Extreme Paintbrawl 6? FF2 was a great game. I loved every second of it. Also, T3 was enjoyable, it was fun stacking crates in Trespasser, the two final Matrix movies were good and I like the new Transformer movie designs. Okay okay... so the Transformers bit isn't true... no one's that insane...

SS2 was one of those amazing, rare gems. I'll hammer Bioshock for not being as amazing as SS2 after it arrives, but not before.

Miracle of miracles- it might just turn out to be decent!

News Comments > Gold - Supreme Commander
2. No subject Jan 18, 2007, 10:00 Reactor

Cool.

Now all I need is a PC to run it.

*goes back to playing Rise of Legends at 10fps*

News Comments > Armed Assault Demo Server
8. Re: No subject Jan 1, 2007, 08:15 Reactor

Looks like a great game, but my card can't run pixel shader games above 10fps, so... I'll come back to it when I eventually upgrade.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Metal Combat
1. No subject Dec 30, 2006, 05:12 Reactor

The game's main website claims it's 'one of the best games ever'. Would you pay $60 for a demoless game, which has a geocities website from 1990?

About the game here-

http://www.metal-combat.com/bestad/thebestever.htm

Watch this video of the amazing, Tekken beating gameplay-

http://www.metal-combat.com/freefuel/video/gameplay7.htm

*runs away*

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 05:21.

News Comments > Armed Assault German Patch
7. Re: For Czech version as well Nov 30, 2006, 21:48 Reactor

"Must...have...ArmA."

Agreed!

News Comments > Settlers VI Revealed
2. Re: Nice Oct 9, 2006, 22:46 Reactor

Don't worry... if they get it wrong, they'll just make another one. I'm sure they'll get it right before they run out of roman numerals.

News Comments > Penumbra Goes Episodic
16. Re: Episodes Oct 3, 2006, 06:22 Reactor

Kajetan, I agree completely... but then I am stupid, so...

News Comments > Bitmap Remakes
19. Re: ... Sep 28, 2006, 21:42 Reactor

"They're going to have to change something about it, game mechanics that old won't work today."

There's no such thing as great game mechanics getting too old.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - ParaWorld
3. Re: No subject Sep 28, 2006, 02:20 Reactor

Only 1 gig, eh? I'm still on 786.

News Comments > Bitmap Remakes
9. Re: No subject Sep 28, 2006, 02:17 Reactor

I still use my original Choas Engine code as a password. Don't ask why I still remember it... something to do with a certain part of the game being quite hard

I'll believe these remakes when I see them.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - ParaWorld
1. No subject Sep 27, 2006, 10:33 Reactor

I really like the look of this. Now all I have to do is upgrade my computer and I'll be able to play it.

736 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo