Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Reactor

Real Name Reactor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Reactor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2003, 10:47
Total Comments 752 (Graduate)
User ID 19395

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 25, 2012, 03:58 Reactor

I like Windows 8. Some parts of it have obviously been designed by the biggest idiot in the universe, but most of it I like.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.com Adds OS X Games
3. Re: GOG.com Adds OS X Games Oct 18, 2012, 20:24 Reactor

I liked the announcement. I have a Mac and a PC. It's nice to know if I go travelling with the Mac there's something I can play.  

News Comments > DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod
29. Re: DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod Oct 4, 2012, 05:27 Reactor

The grading is pretty good, except for the underground which looks a bit odd with a yellow tint.  

News Comments > Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt
93. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 28, 2012, 06:45 Reactor

Linux's biggest enemy isn't Microsoft - it's Linux.

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles Adding Direct Control
16. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Adding Direct Control Sep 18, 2012, 03:48 Reactor

Nice, thanks Cliffski.  

News Comments > Diablo III Nerf Warning
24. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 4, 2012, 07:09 Reactor

Yep Toff  

News Comments > Diablo III Nerf Warning
22. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 3, 2012, 22:16 Reactor

I'm enjoying D3 after the latest patch. As a Barb I can actually kill things now, which is nice. I'm sure there are better games out there design wise, but I still find the game fun.  

News Comments > Fallen Enchantress Preorders Get Beta Access
14. Re: Fallen Enchantress Preorders Get Beta Access Aug 30, 2012, 10:22 Reactor

Why is the font color of this news different than all other items?

It's a rare.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 23:21 Reactor

Yep, the mouse trumps the gamepad 90% of the time, but for third person games that feature lockon as a main part of the gameplay, pads are actually better. Assassin's Creed is a good example. It's just better on a pad, and it took me a bit to actually realise that because I've used the mouse for so long.

That said, there's nothing wrong with lamenting the mouse controls in DS. They'd be good if they were coded properly.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 20:26 Reactor

Well, I tried the game with a higher res and I actually prefer the chunkier vanilla look, because the game looks less like a bunch of flat polys with low res textures. It seems more atmospheric, but obviously that's just me, because everyone else seems to want a game running at 3k with AA, despite how boringly flat it makes things look.

Anyhoo, while this might not be the best port, at least it runs without crashes.

News Comments > Dark Souls Resolution Hack
1. Re: Dark Souls Resolution Hack Aug 24, 2012, 11:31 Reactor

Maybe it's because I'm not a resolution whore, but I don't mind the graphics when scaled to the equivalent of 1680. The game looks decent enough. That said, it's nice to have this hack.

Now all the game needs is the downright horrid mouse movement fixered (for those without a pad), and some heavy keyboard remapping.

EDIT: And I suppose if possible the 30fps limit. But, even that's fine. It's just the odd moment of slowdown that makes it seem worse than it really is.

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Demo
6. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 24, 2012, 05:23 Reactor

J wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 02:34:
Reactor wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 23:47:
The one downside are the mouse controls. They need work. Thankfully a 360 controller is a solid way to play.
This is the thing which is stopping me from paying full whack for it. I don't have a controller and currently don't see a need for one on my PC. I'll try the demo and see if that sways me.

It's not unplayable with M&K, it just has a somewhat irritating auto-centring thing going on. If they can disable that in a patch, the controls would be spot on.

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Demo
3. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 23, 2012, 23:47 Reactor

I'm really enjoying the game. And, the gunplay is pretty good. It just takes a bit to get used to.

The one downside are the mouse controls. They need work. Thankfully a 360 controller is a solid way to play.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
26. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 23, 2012, 00:15 Reactor

The original movie was great was because it was enjoyable. The new one's ratings pretty much describe it as what it is- despite being more faithful to the book, and enjoyable for some, it isn't that good of a movie.  

News Comments > Sony Liverpool Closing
27. Re: Sony Liverpool Closing Aug 22, 2012, 22:11 Reactor

I miss Psyclapse / Psygnosis and their legendary Amiga games.. Agony, Shadow of the Beast, Perihelion, Leander... Ahh those musics *pops out old -mod tunes*

Thank goodness there are some grown-ups around here mentioning Blood Money, Obliterator, Perihelion and others (Hired Guns!).

http://www.psygnosis.org/games/

Obviously a lot were just published, but... the memories... the memories...

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
12. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 22, 2012, 22:05 Reactor

Tough crowd. I like Jay. He's an experienced developer doing his best. It's not like the original Diablo devs got everything right either.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII PC Rerelease
13. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII PC Rerelease Aug 15, 2012, 05:32 Reactor

It looks pretty good if you ask me and I'm having a blast reliving one of the greatest RPG's ever made.

JRPG is it? This is no RPG.

It's 2012 ffs.

I agree. If you're going to re-release something and charge more than $10 for it, you'd better make it as good as possible.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jul 8, 2012, 08:01 Reactor

Can people outside of the US get the adult version of Good Game? (ie: non Spawn Point)  

News Comments > Radical Entertainment Slashed
12. Re: Radical Entertainment Slashed Jun 29, 2012, 07:24 Reactor

Keep changing the main character and making the last one a bad guy. That'll be sure to keep the fans happy!

I agree that changing things up for no apparent reason was a boneheaded decision. All they had to do is expand on the original (ala Just Cause) and they would have had a hit.

News Comments > Expendables 2 Game Announced
12. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 29, 2012, 03:52 Reactor

I wasn't expecting much from the movie but actually really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the second, but I doubt I'll be hanging out for the game.  

752 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo