Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Reactor

Real Name Reactor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Reactor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2003, 10:47
Total Comments 739 (Apprentice)
User ID 19395

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Universal Combat Freeware
109. Re: No subject Jan 2, 2008, 21:10 Reactor

...if you think I got that from a cereal box, while signing deals left and right with most of the industry's top players...

I'm a nobody indie developer, and know how easy it is to 'sign deals with the industry's top players'. There's no need to talk it up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Q&A
39. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2007, 19:25 Reactor

Broussard's About to Make You His Bitch

News Comments > DNF Multiplatform?
28. Re: Nearly done! Dec 20, 2007, 07:51 Reactor

Magic 8 ball? Pfft. I believe in the tooth fairy.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4 Patch
4. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2007, 04:25 Reactor

I'm usually pretty thick when it comes to spotting cheaters, but I've seen quite a few guys get kicked from the punkbuster servers I play on (as soon as they've joined). If anyone does anything strange, everyone else goes for straight for the vote-kick anyway... so, the games I've had have been pretty cheater free.

News Comments > GameTap Taps Macs
8. Re: No subject Dec 12, 2007, 22:41 Reactor

Macs in Australia are still gameless.

News Comments > Free Daikatana
8. Re: For Real? Dec 5, 2007, 21:41 Reactor

The only downside the the multi was that the demo gave you the ability to stack mines and blow up half a level, while the full game didn't... a bit sad really

News Comments > Free Daikatana
4. Re: For Real? Dec 5, 2007, 21:25 Reactor

Did you even play it? (first poster) Back in the day when reviewers were having the whine session of the century about frogs and other incredibly important gameplay elements, I was actually enjoying it playing co-op. It wasn't the most amazing game in the universe, but there was fun to be had.

Whether there's still fun to be had... I don't know... but it wasn't THAT bad. Sheesh.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 21:26.

News Comments > Activision & Blizzard Merge
54. Re: Wow, it is over! The end is near!:) Dec 3, 2007, 00:34 Reactor

Why does this whole thing remind me of an episode of survivor?

"Psst, Blizzard... can we form an alliance? I think EA wants to vote you off the island tonight."

News Comments > On Crysis 2
4. Re: No subject Nov 26, 2007, 21:59 Reactor

...could be considered near photorealistic movie quality.

Yes, because as we all know, only movies offer photorealism.

6. Re: No subject Nov 21, 2007, 06:13 Reactor

Apparently you got your hopes up for an uber reality simulator and forgot that some games are actually all about having fun, even if the AI isn't perfect (or it is- I'm not sure which one it is you're complaining about exactly), or the level design isn't 100% non-linear. You need to go and play one of the 50 other recent fps games and do a little comparison, because CoD4's level design and AI 'non-brokeness' is so far beyond them it isn't funny. You think those levels are like a rat-maze? Is this your first fps game? Awww, that's sweet.

The game looks good, plays good, sounds good, and the online multi is great. It's a little silly at times (ok, a lot) but it sure as heck entertained me like a good action flick should. What more do you want? Well, obviously what you want is a completely different game.

3. Re: No subject Nov 21, 2007, 01:26 Reactor

Best game in years.

News Comments > Soldier of Fortune: Payback Patch
9. Re: No subject Nov 17, 2007, 08:08 Reactor

I know this is a soldier of fortune announcement but... I love CoD4.

That is all.

News Comments > Terminator Game Plans
12. Re: I'm Old! Nov 16, 2007, 01:58 Reactor

SkyNET multiplayer sessions are still some of my favourite gaming memories... no game has yet matched how awesome it was to have someone as a terminator hunting down a couple of guys in a city. It was such a simple idea, pulled off perfectly.

News Comments > Gold - Soldier of Fortune: Payback
9. Re: No subject Nov 9, 2007, 05:15 Reactor

I'm sorry, but I missed the part of that video which apparently sucked. It looked like half-decent a new version of Soldier of Fortune to me.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Gears of War
26. Re: TEARS of BORE . . . dom Nov 7, 2007, 03:44 Reactor

Simply the price of over-hyping a game.

Everything is hyped. Get over it. If you'd spent 50 bazillion dollars developing a game you'd want to over-hype it too, so let 'em have their press release moment. On a side note, I thought Halo 3 was darn good fun with a few mates. Gears of War was entertaining too, but I'm sure it'll be even more fun with a good ol' mouse. So, buy it if you like it- end of story.

News Comments > Crysis Demo Nears, Now Available for Preorders
7. Re: No subject Oct 26, 2007, 02:56 Reactor

Really? What games are those?

News Comments > New Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Demos
12. Re: Good Times.. Sep 15, 2007, 04:41 Reactor

Crud... the ol' non-refreshing triple post.

10. Re: Good Times.. Sep 15, 2007, 00:39 Reactor

I have a 7600GS (single cpu core system) and the game ran well in 640x480 with the high quality options turned off (like blur- no biggie, it's hard to notice). The game looked simply breathtaking at times, but that may be due to me not being a resolution whore Anyway, I welcome an updated demo. There was an issue with the first where the music (which is awesome) kept cutting out during gameplay. Hopefully this has been fixed, and if so, I'll buy it for sure.

11. Re: Good Times.. Sep 15, 2007, 00:39 Reactor

I have a 7600GS (single cpu core system) and the game ran well in 640x480 with the high quality options turned off (like blur- no biggie, it's hard to notice). The game looked simply breathtaking at times, but that may be due to me not being a resolution whore Anyway, I welcome an updated demo. There was an issue with the first where the music (which is awesome) kept cutting out during gameplay. Hopefully this has been fixed, and if so, I'll buy it for sure.

9. Re: Good Times.. Sep 15, 2007, 00:38 Reactor

739 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo