Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Reactor

Real Name Reactor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Reactor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2003, 10:47
Total Comments 740 (Apprentice)
User ID 19395

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Gold - Bus Driver
3. Re: No subject May 5, 2008, 09:51 Reactor

I know a couple of bus drivers, and neither of them would be intereted in coming home from a day of driving a bus, to playing a game which involved driving a bus... especially with "30 routes arranged into 5 tiers with increasing difficulty".

The only non-bus drivers I know that'd be interested in this game would be those who could drive the bus off a bridge, through an exploding building, or through peak hour traffic at high speed. Somehow the "non-violent" nature of this simulation rules that out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Gets Diablo3.com (Updated)
12. Re: No subject May 1, 2008, 11:48 Reactor

Does anyone actually care about a hack & slash RPG in this day and age?

In short: If D3 is to D2 what SC2 seems to be to SC1, yes.

News Comments > Crytek to End PC Exclusives
34. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2008, 11:05 Reactor

I agree with DanL. Even indie developers know you don't build games for a small market. You drop your system requirements and open the game up to a much larger market. Then, you add in some really great graphical options for those who have big rigs... not the other way around.

News Comments > New Mount&Blade
1. No subject Apr 30, 2008, 10:59 Reactor

Love this game.

News Comments > Spore Editor Details
8. Re: Smart, Very smart.... Apr 25, 2008, 23:46 Reactor

Creature Creator will also be available in North America for $9.99 and most European territories for 9.99...

... and in Australia it'll be $105, just to keep up with Steam.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 23:47.

News Comments > Free Europa Game Engine
4. Re: Free? Apr 25, 2008, 12:20 Reactor

It has a very good feature set for those kind of games.

Such as? Does it come with tools of some kind?

News Comments > Free Europa Game Engine
2. Re: Free? Apr 25, 2008, 10:37 Reactor

It sounds as though they'll give you the engine to use (which looks like a standard 2D engine) in exchange for a standard portal deal with Gamersgate.

Not exactly an awesome deal for the developer, so it seems.

News Comments > International Steam Issues
1. Heh... Apr 23, 2008, 09:31 Reactor

Old news, but worthwhile news

News Comments > No Fallout 3 Demo
92. Re: No demo = Bit Torrent Apr 22, 2008, 09:46 Reactor

Sorry The Advocate, but most of my motivation for disliking piracy has nothing at all to do with your assumptions. And yes, we have given games away. It's not such a big deal as you seem to say it would be for me, because as I said, your assumptions are incorrect.

85. Re: No subject Apr 22, 2008, 07:36 Reactor

Sure their games get pirated like all the rest as well, but they dont whine about it.

Cliffski, do you want to tell him, or should I?

Point taken on the effect of piracy on the market, but the fact it has any effect at all effects where developers go.

EDIT: Indie guy here too Thanks cliffski.
This comment was edited on Apr 22, 07:37.

81. Re: No subject Apr 22, 2008, 06:56 Reactor

Good points, those.

77. Re: No subject Apr 22, 2008, 06:11 Reactor

Agreement? You mean the the EULA that customers only see after they've purchased and opened software...

Who said I sell in stores? Besides, you're the guy who wrote, "I have no legal right to pirate and piracy is illegal...". Do you only know this after opening your game and reading the Eula? Of course not. My point still stands.

You can't sell a game to someone who isn't into buying your games and thats it!!! No way period. End of discussion.

Wow that is... that's... that's amazing wisdom right there! Everyone take note!

On a side note: the whole, "It's okay because we're too few and wouldn't hurt a fly." arguement is old, weak, and unconvincing in every way. Plus, the all caps DON'T make YOUR point any BETTER.

67. Re: Piracy Apr 22, 2008, 04:23 Reactor

Downloading file-shared software is hardly piracy and would be incredibly difficult to prosecute in any court of law, let alone an American one.

Could you just hold this CD to the top of your head while I get out my lighter? Thanks.

62. Re: No demo = Bit Torrent Apr 22, 2008, 03:17 Reactor

Shouldn't you guys be defining your terms, before using words like 'right'? Ah, there's nothing like moral ambiguity.

Software piracy is petty, and software thieves have the world's longest list of lame excuses for doing it. Always have, always will. End of story. If I ever meet a pirate who shows me his burnt copy of something I've developed, and explains to me his reasons for pirating it, I'll reply by placing the CD on his head and setting fire to it.

You can have all the reasons in the world to justify your theft, but I've asked for the agreement to either be accepted or not. Anything beyond that is just disrespectful.

31. Re: No demo = Bit Torrent Apr 21, 2008, 23:16 Reactor

I have no problem with companies who choose not to have a demo, but offering up lame excuses like this one just make Bethesda look incompetent. If they wanted one, they should have designed the game with that in mind. If they didn't want to use their time to make one, they should have just said so.

News Comments > Unofficial Diablo 3 Countdown
1. No subject Apr 18, 2008, 09:12 Reactor

Funny

News Comments > Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
13. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2008, 03:32 Reactor

It wouldn't be Blues without someone bagging (almost) each and every game that's announced. Here's to hoping when the game arrives it gives us all something brand new, has fully realistic plane physics, has zero in game advertising...

News Comments > Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
6. Re: Strong Bad Apr 11, 2008, 00:54 Reactor

The end of the trailer is a good laugh.

News Comments > Rockstar Acquires Mad Doc
12. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 23:23 Reactor

PC Gamer gave EE2 a 94%

*blinks*

News Comments > Rockstar Acquires Mad Doc
8. Re: Conspiracy Theory Apr 4, 2008, 22:55 Reactor

Empire Earth 2 was just plain bad.

740 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo