Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Reactor

Real Name Reactor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Reactor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2003, 10:47
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 19395

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Horizon Announced
4. Re: Yay for more space combat May 29, 2008, 10:40 Reactor

Coop in space games never was too fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 2 is Long
21. Re: No subject May 29, 2008, 05:20 Reactor

That's kind of the world's most obvious point, isn't it?

News Comments > Far Cry 2 is Long
19. Re: No subject May 29, 2008, 04:35 Reactor

...it couldn't make up for the fact that the game is completely mindless and tedious.

It was supposed to be. That's what made the game the classic it is. At a time when developers were trying to add depth to the fps genre SS reminded everyone just how cool it was to simply shoot things. Co-op was added because they had the foundations laid to chuck it in... it wasn't added to somehow make up for some area of deficiency.

This comment was edited on May 29, 04:35.

News Comments > AMD GAME Program
4. Re: No subject May 19, 2008, 11:37 Reactor

LOL Riker...

News Comments > AMD GAME Program
1. No subject May 19, 2008, 10:08 Reactor

Hardware and PC components that carry the AMD GAME! logo let PC buyers and do-it-yourself gamers know they will have a customized and exceptional gaming experience.

Except for the games which don't support AMD cpus or non-Nvidia cards properly, sure.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings: Conquest Revealed
6. Re: No subject May 8, 2008, 12:33 Reactor

Could be fun, but- Tolkien, grave, rolling.

News Comments > Free SAGA
3. Re: No subject May 7, 2008, 10:53 Reactor

If 50,000 people would have actually payed $19.99 for the game then yes, they would be giving out almost a million dollars worth of software. Otherwise, no.

News Comments > On Mass Effect & Spore Copy Protection
207. Re: no subject May 7, 2008, 05:12 Reactor

Come on Jerykk... come on Jerykk...

EDIT: Well, it looks like someone scared him away.

This comment was edited on May 7, 05:25.

204. Re: no subject May 7, 2008, 04:47 Reactor

I agree, I wouldn't either... but I agree with cliffski that in this case the players are so big they'll hardly notice a few annoyed customers. The average person wouldn't even know what SecuROM is, let alone that it's a part of the program.

Which studio do you work for? I'm just curious

EDIT: Man I hate the smiley faces here on Blues. The wink makes you look like you're a nutter.
This comment was edited on May 7, 04:48.

201. Re: no subject May 7, 2008, 04:32 Reactor

Yeah, maybe someone would buy it afterwards (though I don't think this is as common as some people make out) but I wouldn't want to run a business on that assumption. Are you a games developer, Jerykk?

197. Re: no subject May 7, 2008, 04:21 Reactor

Good question on the stats... I read about those some time back. If I had them on hand, I'd have provided a link, but I believe they were completed by Reflexive Arcade (I'm not completely sure though- it was some time ago). Feel free to google, or simply not believe. Regardless of whether the stats were correct or not (or even exist!), cases have been recorded where pirates have been stopped by copy protection methods and then purchased the game because they couldn't get around it.

EDIT: I'm not saying copy protection always works, but that's the method behind the madness.

This comment was edited on May 7, 04:23.

193. Re: no subject May 7, 2008, 04:12 Reactor

Fair enough then. What was your original point? The point of software protection isn't to remain uncracked, but to deter piracy, which statistically it has been proven to do.

191. Re: no subject May 7, 2008, 03:59 Reactor

No no no... I want statistics. I want proof that, as you said, copy-protection does not stop piracy. I won't hold you to your absolute statement, because copy-protection has been proven in at least one case to stop software piracy... but I will hold you to producing statistics that show that very little piracy has been avoided by introducing copy-protection. If you can't do that, your statements are clearly opinion and not fact.

While I'm doing that, you can show us all some solid statistics that prove that copy-protection actually increases profits.

Increases profits compared to what? Anyway, you show me those statistics, or as far as I'm concerned you're just a guy with an opinion.

EDIT: Above, where I say, "one case", I'm talking about one pirate purchasing a game because the game could not be cracked.

This comment was edited on May 7, 04:01.

189. Re: no subject May 7, 2008, 03:40 Reactor

It has no benefits. It doesn't stop piracy.

Please show us all some solid statistics to back up that claim.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Movie
3. Re: original May 6, 2008, 22:59 Reactor

Agreed.

News Comments > Gold - Bus Driver
3. Re: No subject May 5, 2008, 09:51 Reactor

I know a couple of bus drivers, and neither of them would be intereted in coming home from a day of driving a bus, to playing a game which involved driving a bus... especially with "30 routes arranged into 5 tiers with increasing difficulty".

The only non-bus drivers I know that'd be interested in this game would be those who could drive the bus off a bridge, through an exploding building, or through peak hour traffic at high speed. Somehow the "non-violent" nature of this simulation rules that out.

News Comments > Blizzard Gets Diablo3.com (Updated)
12. Re: No subject May 1, 2008, 11:48 Reactor

Does anyone actually care about a hack & slash RPG in this day and age?

In short: If D3 is to D2 what SC2 seems to be to SC1, yes.

News Comments > Crytek to End PC Exclusives
34. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2008, 11:05 Reactor

I agree with DanL. Even indie developers know you don't build games for a small market. You drop your system requirements and open the game up to a much larger market. Then, you add in some really great graphical options for those who have big rigs... not the other way around.

News Comments > New Mount&Blade
1. No subject Apr 30, 2008, 10:59 Reactor

Love this game.

News Comments > Spore Editor Details
8. Re: Smart, Very smart.... Apr 25, 2008, 23:46 Reactor

Creature Creator will also be available in North America for $9.99 and most European territories for 9.99...

... and in Australia it'll be $105, just to keep up with Steam.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 23:47.

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo