Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Reactor

Real Name Reactor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Reactor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2003, 10:47
Total Comments 736 (Apprentice)
User ID 19395

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 3 Editor and DLC Coming
43. Re: And so Nov 25, 2008, 20:04 Reactor

I'm still waiting for the game to work. I guess it's back to disabling three of my four cores, turning off shadows and HDR, and hanging out with the thousands of people inhabiting the Bethesda technical support forum.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2008, 20:12.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THQ Game Ad Deal
1. Re: THQ Game Ad Deal Nov 24, 2008, 22:55 Reactor

It's good to see companies making the people supporting what they do pay in brand new ways.  

News Comments > Fallout 3 Patch Plans
8. Re: Fallout 3 Patch Plans Nov 22, 2008, 00:42 Reactor

Right now I can't play Fallout 3. It crashes after the intro video, and no one seems to know how to fix it. I guess it's a good thing I love Farcry 2.  

News Comments > GRIN Making Terminator Salvation
8. Re: GRIN Making Terminator Salvation Nov 20, 2008, 23:54 Reactor

Skynet will always be one of the best mutliplayer games for me. Awesome fun hunting your friends, or working with your friends on taking down a terminator hunting you. The screeching sound of car tyres has never been so stressful  

News Comments > Spore Patch
3. Re: Spore Patch Nov 17, 2008, 20:04 Reactor

I doubt it'll ruin your computer... but I'd wait a couple of days for a standalone patch.  

News Comments > Violent Games Set Boys Hearts' Aflutter
4. Re: Violent Games Set Boys Hearts' Aflutter Nov 13, 2008, 22:54 Reactor

Seriously, what the fuck? Do they want to raise a nation of pussy girlymen? Because that's what it's turning into. Who the fuck are we going to get to defend our country if no one is capable of violence?

Yes, send those violent yet scrawny/overweight fps nerds out to battle!

I agree with your point on the topic of pussy girlymen, however

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Patched
40. Re: Far Cry 2 Patched Nov 5, 2008, 19:39 Reactor

I agree with Creston. It's by far the best (most fun) fps game I've played in years.  

News Comments > EA: Forum Ban Equals Game Bans - Updated
126. Re: EA: Forum Ban Equals Game Bans Oct 30, 2008, 20:49 Reactor

Did you never told one of your friends to get lost when you were angry about something? How ridiculous would it be if you would then never again be allowed to speak to them.

Worst analogy evar.

I fully support EA's move in this case (can't believe I'm saying that) but legally I'm not sure if they can get away with what they're proposing. It'd be an interesting one to look into.

News Comments > Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow-up
36. Re: Fallout 3 Oct 29, 2008, 20:42 Reactor

FarCry 2's copy protection made me laugh. It has DRM'd limited installs, a key to enter, online activation, and SecuROM which means I need the DVD in the drive to play.

All it needs is a codewheel and it'll be perfect.

News Comments > Amazon Buys Reflexive
3. Re: Amazon Buys Reflexive Oct 22, 2008, 06:14 Reactor

Typically you'd be right, but that is something the Reflexive guys have worked hard at from day one. It's more than words- they're well respected in the casual gaming scene for working openly with people.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 2
57. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 2 Oct 21, 2008, 21:24 Reactor

Review is up on Ign for those interested...

News Comments > Gold - Far Cry 2
57. Re: BiA DRM Oct 15, 2008, 04:50 Reactor

Consumer complacency is all well and good but at what point must you stop and say "Okay, enough is enough"?

It's been said. But, the people working to boycott DRM games are in the minority, and publishers like EA know it'll always be that way. You can fight the power if you like, but EA and publishers like them can draw on a large majority to support themselves. So, while they'll listen... they'll only listen to a point.

News Comments > Gold - Far Cry 2
55. Re: BiA DRM Oct 15, 2008, 03:49 Reactor

DRM is bad (weak) solution to a difficult problem developers face. Because it's a bad solution for most of the reasons mentioned, I have no issue with people taking a stand against it. On the flipside of the same coin however, I'll be buying Far Cry 2 because DRM, despite being a weak solution, is hardly the worst thing gaming has ever seen. It'll pass in time, no doubt to be replaced by another dull-headed solution from the mind of a suit at EA.

If you're playing games to enjoy them, ignore the silly protection methods and enjoy them today.

News Comments > Spore Patch Issues
34. Re: Beautiful post Sep 22, 2008, 23:38 Reactor

Don't worry, Creston and I will make up when we next have a slumber party.

Funny how you keep posting here Reactor, considering how much better you are than all of us...

Yes, funny that. I am awesome, aren't I?

Actually, although the Blues whining is enough to drive someone mad (everyone mad, actually) there's nothing quite as entertaining as Blues posts when the whining is toned down.
This comment was edited on Sep 22, 23:43.

31. Re: Beautiful post Sep 22, 2008, 21:50 Reactor

Wow, awesome reply Creston. You must have spent the whole day working out how to whine about someone whining about people whining about games. Truly you are master of your craft.

21. Re: Beautiful post Sep 22, 2008, 01:36 Reactor

Understand it? That post was a whole load of hooey, as if some crazy, white-haired and dribbling old man had pulled a shaky old soapbox over to preach to us all of a religion which didn't exist.

It's just a game for goodness sakes- not a religious experience. Some people will enjoy it, some won't. Get over it. However, I guess we can all rest assured the prima donna's of the gaming world will continue to enhabit Bluesnews as if their word is law for everyone who happens to pass on by. Such is life, I guess.

Roll on the next crazy old man.

19. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2008, 22:52 Reactor

I think the game is pretty darned fun. But then, I don't whine much about games.

News Comments > On Dead Space's Visuals
10. Re: Frightening Moments? Sep 14, 2008, 03:31 Reactor

They carefully gauged the needs of their customers and determined through a mathematical formula that on average, a user only installs one of their games 0.19385 times. They then doubled this figure because they care about the customer.

LOL

News Comments > Mount & Blade Combat Details
9. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2008, 21:59 Reactor

Try getting into a battle with a huge amount of guys, where you're totally outnumbered and your skill with your weapon is the only thing that'll see you through. Also, make sure you play it on the difficulty where it automatically saves. If you lose the battle you'll wind up with nothing, in the gutters. If you win, there's a ton of glory for you and your men.

That'll get you into it

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Spore on Crispy Gamer Sep 11, 2008, 02:09 Reactor

Aside from the bit on page 3 which says,

"Note: copy protection on this game only allows three installations per disk."

736 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo