Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Reactor

Real Name Reactor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Reactor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2003, 10:47
Total Comments 740 (Apprentice)
User ID 19395

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Titles Confirmed
33. Re: Game Reviews Feb 27, 2010, 04:39 Reactor

I won't be buying Ubisoft game either until they ditch this scheme.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Silent Hunter 5 and Gold Edition Preorders
32. Re: Silent Hunter 5 and Gold Edition Preorders Feb 22, 2010, 20:59 Reactor

Add me to those 20 lost sales.

News Comments > Interzone Intrigue
8. Re: Interzone Intrigue Feb 22, 2010, 07:52 Reactor

Indie dev is the way forward for Perth, in my opinion. Waiting around for government or investor money just isn't a wise a move.  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Interview
47. Re: looking for a gold star? Feb 22, 2010, 02:40 Reactor

Yes they need to find a good way to deal with it but this is so moronic that it makes my head hurt that anyone even thought about it.

As it does mine.

News Comments > Interzone Intrigue
1. Re: Interzone Intrigue Feb 21, 2010, 11:59 Reactor

That's my home town alright

A good bunch of guys there who have been unfairly treated.

News Comments > Morning Previews
11. Re: Morning Previews Feb 19, 2010, 08:33 Reactor

This was looking good. Now it doesn't exist.  

News Comments > On Ubisoft's Online DRM
15. Re: On Ubisoft's Online DRM Feb 17, 2010, 21:18 Reactor

From what I've heard this isn't the only game to suffer from this stupid idea.

Until this kind of thing is long-gone, dead and buried, Ubisoft games simply don't exist as far as I'm concerned.

News Comments > Interstate '76 Coming to GOG.com
4. Re: Interstate '76 Coming to GOG.com Feb 16, 2010, 11:14 Reactor

Instabuy.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Feb 14, 2010, 22:36 Reactor

You'll have to buy the ending as DLC.

Brilliant thought... but don't speak too loud. Some suit'll consider that a good idea.

News Comments > Direct2Drive.eu Launches
1. Re: Direct2Drive.eu Launches Feb 3, 2010, 21:36 Reactor

Call me when Australians can use it.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 25, 2010, 05:22 Reactor

Me Halor. Me barbarian.  

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Jan 22, 2010, 10:05 Reactor

I really liked Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends, the sequel to Rise of Nations. Admittedly it is single player only (because very few, if anyone, plays it online) and it didn't do too well in the reviews, but I thought it was good. Still play skirmish once in a while.

Yeah, that was a seriously underrated singleplayer game.

News Comments > BioShock 2 DRM and GFWL Info
25. Re: BioShock 2 DRM and GFWL Info Jan 20, 2010, 13:13 Reactor

I can see it now- at the most scary point in the game a bright GFWL popup will appear to exclaim I've gotten an achievement, shattering every bit of the game's atmosphere in a million tiny pieces, never to be seen again.

Actually, if you switch from offline to online (Or Vice Versa) you can just physically take the saves and put them in the new profile directory and it works.

That doesn't work in Arkham. I created an online account so I can't get achievements, and I can't transfer it to an offline account to get them. So, I'm screwed, unless I want to start the game all over again. I really hate GFWL. I don't like DRM either, but that hasn't caused me issues.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000
59. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000 Jan 17, 2010, 11:30 Reactor

I see. The way you wrote it was a bit odd, but fair enough.  

57. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000 Jan 17, 2010, 02:22 Reactor

Deus Ex sucked? That's a bold statement.

Not if your life exists outside of PCGamer it isn't. Actually, I'll own up and admit I contradicted myself- I said I enjoyed it and that it sucked. So, let me clarify things a bit and say that it was (is) a good game, but it sucked that some media groups went completely crazy in their appreciation of it, making it sound like some uber game that changed the face of gaming. It wasn't and it didn't.

You added a good description in your post: groundbreaking.

Time to open your eyes when reading. Let me quote what I said.

Wikipedia's article about AvP points out that it was well received, but not groundbreaking.

44. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000 Jan 16, 2010, 10:00 Reactor

Not sure what you're complaining about here. Deus Ex's greatness has nothing to do with how easily you can kill enemies.

Come on Jerykk, you're not that bad at missing the point, are you? The point is that the game was badly balanced, not to mention long winded and fairly ugly. It wasn't a bad game, and I enjoyed it, but it really wasn't the uber game reviewers like to sell it as.

It was a solid game with flaws, as was AvP. Both had different audiences (obviously with some overlap) and those core audiences were pleased with the game enough to make comments like, "I hope the sequel is as good as the first."

News Comments > Rumored Mass Effect 2 Day One DLC Details
27. Re: Rumored Mass Effect 2 Day One DLC Details Jan 16, 2010, 09:53 Reactor

PS -I believe Stone Prisoner was initially cut for the original PC release date of Q1/Q2 because of pathing & character size issues then with the delay for console release and polishing they re-instated it as free DLC by re-editing the audio to fit around the updated dialogue then setting up the module to re-add to all the dialogue trees along with items etc..-

If that's all true, why deliver it through the normal DLC method with a cutoff date? (April 2010) instead of plain old patch? It seemed more like a DLC download tutorial to me than anything.

I thought all the DLC items were terribly overpowered, especially since you get most of them at the start of the game. I actually disabled them because of how unbalanced they were.

I wondered about that today, after just starting the game. I'm considering selling mine, but I'm worried I'll become too rich, too fast. Ah well, I guess this n00b could use the cash

40. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000 Jan 16, 2010, 03:31 Reactor

PC Gamer just put out it's list of "Top 100 Games of All Time". Do you think this game was on that list? What about Deus Ex? Oh yeah, that was number one.

PC gamer are officially crazy, then. Deus Ex sucked. I completed the game with a single bullet to every badguy's head. I wouldn't hold that up as some masterpiece.

Wikipedia's article about AvP points out that it was well received, but not groundbreaking. Still, if you're judging the game's popularity based on top 100 lists, you're insane. Those media created lists are terrible, and always will be. AvP was incredibly popular with fans of the source material.

35. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000 Jan 16, 2010, 00:31 Reactor

I remember people playing this at lan parties years ago..

Indeed. Twas fun.

Even at that time this game was nothing special. Just another in a long line of Doom wannabes.

Were you connected to the 'net at the time? There was a huge amount of positive feedback about the game. It was a lot more than your average Doom wannabe.

32. Re: Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000 Jan 15, 2010, 23:56 Reactor

What a bunch of whiners. This was a great game years ago, and it still looks good. Back when every badguy was stuck to the floor, I remember AvP blowing everyone's minds with aliens running every which way.

Good stuff.

740 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo