Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wanker

Real Name Wanker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wildone
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2003, 20:05
Total Comments 2633 (Senior)
User ID 19388

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Naval Strike DLC Released
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Naval Strike DLC Released Apr 15, 2014, 19:12 Wildone

they coulda at least done carrier ops with the jets. Lame.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
19. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 11:07 Wildone

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUT WE WANT REAL NPC AI THAT WILL HAVE FEELINGS & BE ABLE TO JOIN MY CLAN AND TALK TO ME WHEN IM SAD!

panbient wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 11:05:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 10:30:
Yet you have idiots like InBlack who will on every thread go "1 MILLION FOR A TOWEL LOL SCAM SCAM IDIOTS PAYING FOR A 1 MILLION DOLLAR PIXEL TOWEL THAT MY DOG COULD PROGRAM IN 1 DAY"

Yet, in every thread anyone who doesn't show blind faith and idealistic optimism towards this product's development gets dismissed as a troll / hater. Read through the thread again, no one called SCAM!. The 'addition' of a towel and a potential extra room for the hangar at this stage of development is questionable in the eyes of many and likely generates far more facepalms than raised fists. It's more of a concern in regards to how the money is being spent rather than how much money they've collected.

Seriously though, can you explain how the addition of a towel to the hangar increases the potential value of the product? How does it provide a better experience for the player? What's the actual critical benefit to its addition? Sure it's a great inside joke for fans of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, but how does it help anyone get closer to flying spaceships sooner?

The defense of those additions as 'finished' art assets (same as the helmet animation in the boarding sequence) doesn't hold water. Unless everything else in the game in perfect on launch, those early 'finished' additions will be rightly seen as wasted production time that could and should have gone to address the core features of the game. If their art team is to the point of creating 'final' assets this early in development then they have mismanaged their budget and hired an imbalance of developers.

Having a towel in your space game is not any sort of core feature outside of a HGttG game or SlimRam's Space Burrito shenanigan. Is it a fun thing to make? Absolutely! But is it necessary for the core game? That's the only question that should really matter when you're still trying to build it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
5. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 10:05 Wildone

Im excited to see some stuff. Period.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
16. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 19:05 Wildone

No the fan boys want to be able to manually control how you put on the helmet! So we're gonna have a mini helmet sim coming soon!

Cutter wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 19:00:
Yeah, an animation that after you've seen it a dozen times you're going to be sick of it and bitch about not being able to disable it. I can just hardly wait for the reaction when he tells those fanboys how the MP portion of the game is really going to be a P2W MMO. That'll be juicy!

14. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 18:55 Wildone

lol true..

Nathos wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 18:52:
But hey! Check out that helmet animation! Literally the best part of the demo. I say that while I cry inside for ever giving them money in the first place.

13. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 18:54 Wildone

They are gonna have to do a 'hard reset'-re-evaluate the priorities of this game and cut out all the utter bullshit nonsense people are foaming at the mouth for. If they just made an awesome space combat game thats a good starting point. I don't see how they will do it otherwise?! Its very clear this needs to happen.

Kosumo wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 18:51:
It's also very clear if you watch the whole unedited presontation why no publishers wished to work with Chris.

And to think people are saying that he saved the space sim gene while all the time, (the last 12 years since he released anything) there have been other making them and plodding away.

At 50 million are they gonna add snake oil?

10. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 18:46 Wildone

Oh oh I wanna see a new fish for the hanger fish tank!!!  

8. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 18:38 Wildone

Hands up who thinks they'll be releasing the DFM this month? May? June? Nope..lol  

7. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 18:38 Wildone

lol they were pissed and its gonna get brutal..  

5. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 18:32 Wildone

I laugh and at the same time feel massive frustration when I watch the '10 from the chairman' with some of the utterly ludicrous & unrealistic B.s. the 'fans' want to keep adding to this game. And they keep saying YES! Do they not realize how immensely complicated it already is and if the core gameplay doesn't work..THEY HAVE NOTHING. Before they even sign up to add the 1p space pirate sim they shoulda got this sorted first. ED is at least doing that.  

2. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 18:22 Wildone

This was a disaster, they could barely get it together and Im not even talking about the presentation. And people keep piling on 'wants' & 'requests' that are gonna take them about 100 years to implement. Its gonna take all that money just to get the DFM where it needs to be lol so much pie in the sky..reality check ppl.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned
12. Re: Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned Apr 2, 2014, 12:05 Wildone

wow cool so it works for you, everyone else must be bat shit crazy! kk  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
5. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Apr 2, 2014, 10:24 Wildone

Becus the day/night cycle isn't real-real time its like GTA..  

News Comments > Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen
51. Re: Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 18:38 Wildone

We should be pissed if the DFM sucks. That should be the bread and butter of this game not all the other GTA in space bullshit. If the DFM sucks and continue to sucks Im way the fuck out..

Tumbler wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 17:42:
Comet wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 15:54:
I read some of the posts and I don't understand the negativism towards Star Citizen or Chris Roberts.

I think it has a lot to do with the complexity of what he wants to do.

The timeline that was originally laid out was nothing short of insane. The game they want to make is going to take between 3-4 years at a fully staffed dev studio that already works well together. (IE had a large catalog of games under their belt.)

Since it's an Online world that they want to create and let players have experiences in day in and day out the work load to bring that into reality is immense and we've seen dozens of company's do it. most fail, some fail and survive, and a few flourish.

The project is supposed to be a full fledge SP campaign ala wing commander games with the same scale and scope of a AAA action game. Like Crysis for example. That is normally a 2 year dev cycle at least. They also want to build a MMO hybrid online world. Doing both of those things inside 2 years was crazy. When 2012 ended and the real work began they had maybe 12 million? Not a lot, that is a year's budget for many large devs.

This put a lot of people on the defensive that this project was not able to reach it's goal. The thing people are still adjusting to is the increased funding the project got in 2013. All from fans. They ended 2013 with approx 38 million in total funds gathered. But they missed their target release for the dogfighting module. (we're hoping that is in 2 weeks or at least this month)

The way they got most of that 38 million was selling spaceships. Most of these ships don't exist in any real way. They are concept art. Some of them are ships you can walk around in with the Hangar module. (demo of your hangar with ships in it) These ships ranged in price from $30 - $1000+ and people were lining up to get the highest price ships.

That is bizarre to even me. The most I spent on a single ship was $250 but that came with a shit load of extra stuff, like a collectors edition of a game normally does. I spend $100 on a cutlass and eventually another $60 on an avenger. I also bought an Aurora just because. ($40) I've bought plenty of phyiscal stuff as well, shirts, mouse pads, a hoodie, and I have a subcription which kicks in $10 a month. I think the slow bleed over time has enabled them to get a lot more money out of fans than anyone expected. All along the way they've been improving their communication, they have a youtube show that airs each week, they have a star ship design compeition which airs each week and we have a special 10 min clip of CR himself answering questions.

It's easy to see why all this looks crazy from the outside but being on the inside it's one of the most exciting experiences I've ever been a part of.

I just spend more than $1000 on upgrading my pc finally, dragged my feet on that long as I dared. Still need a good joystick...won't I be pissed if the DFM sucks? Well...no. I'll have is this awesome gaming pc plus all the amazing memories so far! Truth be told if the game ends up sucking I can't say I regret any of this. It's more fun to dream and hope for this than stick with the AAA titles coming from the major players.

You can get involved for very little money, I think it's $35 to buy the starter ship and that also gets you into alpha / beta stuff so you'll have stuff to play very soon.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Demo
10. Re: Shadow Warrior Demo Mar 27, 2014, 12:13 Wildone

Oh shit?!? The company is gonna go bankrupt bcus you skipped buying it but thanks anyway  

News Comments > PC Battlefield 4 Naval Strike Delayed
2. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Naval Strike Delayed Mar 25, 2014, 09:59 Wildone

LOL it didn't stop them before!  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Alpha 3.0 Released
7. Re: Elite: Dangerous Alpha 3.0 Released Mar 14, 2014, 21:23 Wildone

SC better really manage all those teams and lofty ideas well or it just wont come together, been on many projects with pie in the sky ideas and when reality hits it aint pretty. But they are a talented bunch..  

News Comments > PopCap Layoffs
3. Re: PopCap Layoffs Mar 13, 2014, 18:48 Wildone

lol

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 18:37:
They weren't painful. You do it so much, it's numbing at the least. Stop with the it's painful.

News Comments > Space Noir Announced
1. Re: Space Noir Announced Mar 10, 2014, 10:05 Wildone

3p? Instapass  

News Comments > Interceptor Sees Blood?
16. Re: Interceptor Sees Blood? Mar 9, 2014, 01:47 Wildone

WHAT HAPPENED TO PREY 2?! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  

2633 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo