Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wanker

Real Name Wanker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wildone
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2003, 20:05
Total Comments 2807 (Senior)
User ID 19388

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
103. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 13:09 Wildone

Given of how little has actually been shown/playable already I dont see consistent progress towards these goals. It must be a clusterfuck of management to run all these studios towards the menagerie of bizarre fan boy dreams they have promised. I have worked on pie in the sky projects like this before and it aint pretty..they better have kick ass management or its gonna fail hard.

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 12:26:
Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 10:00:
I don't really see it from a perspective that many of you do. If it ends up being the game I've always wanted to play and it is as fun as I hope it will be, then it's not really about the money, it's about my enjoyment. This is something that you can't always easily place monetary value on.

I'm willing to take a chance on it, it's as simple as that. There are some individuals who have pledged 40k so far for the same reason. If it turns out as good as we all hope then many of you will benefit from those of us who've funded SC beyond what most believed was possible.

Nothing like this has been done before, of course there will be many who doubt the possibilities. If it ends up a success then I won't rub it in anyone's face or say "I told you so", but if you're willing to give it a try then I'd invite you to man a station or a turret on my 890 Jump and have some fun, after all, this is what it's all about.

There is so much information to take in right now that it's nigh impossible unless you sat down for two weeks straight and watched every video and read all the information CIG has presented to us, because of this is why I believe there to be such a flock of naysayers. But if you really understood the scope of people behind this project then you'll see there is no way it can fail, far too many with far deeper pockets than me won't let that happen. This is the game they've always wanted to play, and there are plenty who are 40-65 years old who've been waiting on something like this for 20 years.

First I thought this insight of yours was good, I feel lucky where a $5 indy game can give me some enjoyment. I do agree, if it is pulled off, it can give us a new level of detail and immersion we haven't had and maybe it is the beginning of a new era in game design for AAA's at least to achieve, aka the bar has been risen.

That said you give me just so many lessons in history to pull from:

"then you'll see there is no way it can fail"

The Titanic is unsinkable.

I will say, even if you don't want to say it, but if this game is near what it promises, I myself will be ok with "I told you so's" from the supporters. We all win as been said many times.

But there is some history here for people to be concerned about that I think the fan side of this should understand and why it is being used. When he added that feature or two way back that triggered some to thinking "wow he's really promising a lot, getting nervous", just think how many more dozens of big-things they have added since then.

So each time we hear of another feature like "renting", many feel he's already gone overboard a long time ago and the feature is just more weight to the anchor. So that is why you see these comments slant negative.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 17:35 Wildone

Its a joke, it would take a team of 12 a year to fully flesh this thing out, let alone work on the rest of the 'game' you guys are in dream world..lol

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 17:11:
BadIronTree wrote:
New mining Platform/ship

I'm disgusted by the low, low price of $325 for this concept mining ship. They could really try a little harder to sell an even more unfinished and more expensive concept. I mean I want to feel special and not like a complete cheapskate here.

19. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 13:47 Wildone

Because they CANT!!! All the shit they have promised the fan boys is nearly impossible to pull off in a single game, it goes beyond a space ship game/FPS shooter or anything else and is so complicated they would need the resources of NASA to pull it off, thus constant 'new' mini features that they can do keep coming up, anything to distract and divert attention way from the elephant in the room, its never going to be done ever.

Slashman wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 10:56:
Why the hell do they not just concentrate on getting the game out already?

Why introduce more complicated crap at this point? It's bad enough you're selling ships for hundreds of dollars, but come on. This is just retarded extra nonsense piled on top of an unfinished game with a scope so wide just them completing it would surprise me.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
11. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 19, 2015, 13:27 Wildone

K thx for letting us know.  

News Comments > New Tron Game Revealed?
3. Re: New Tron Game Revealed? Feb 16, 2015, 18:21 Wildone

Relax, it'll be some shitty mobile app Im sure.  

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs
7. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Feb 11, 2015, 20:59 Wildone

Well that took only took em about a week since they announced the sale to layoffs, all time record! LEL  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Lost Contact Found
7. Re: Alien: Isolation Lost Contact Found Feb 10, 2015, 17:51 Wildone

How about a Nostromo tour mode! I wanna explore the ship hassle free with the DK2  

News Comments > Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M
35. Re: Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M Feb 8, 2015, 04:25 Wildone

It feels sloppy and just wrong, and yea whos to say what a real space ship would handle like, but Im hoping it would approximate something we can relate to (a fighter jet) so at least theres something to build on. I dont get it at all. Elites is intuitive, familiar and still has a way to turn off flight assist if you wanna try and fly that way. I was hoping SC would at least have a familiar feel.

{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 22:34:
Wildone wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 21:48:
lol did you say 'flight model'?! Its utter horseshit

jdreyer wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 20:43:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 20:17:
I have been traveling as well and haven't been able to load any of the new latest patches, but I was also loving the flight model the last time I played. I will probably end up waiting on the multi-player ships before I play again but so far I am very happy with their progress. They are aware of the HUD issues and are continually working on it, as they know it is a huge part of the experience.

Is it just me, or does it feel like the flight model handles the same during the races as it does in outer space? I would expect less inertia in the atmosphere as the ship should be able to use the atmosphere to turn more sharply (should also result in a lower top speed through frictional resistance).

Wildone I have no idea what you keep ragging on about, I don't know if you have some sort of computer problems or what but the flight model is pretty awesome. There are hundreds of youtube video's showing some really skilled players pulling off some pretty damn sweet moves with de-coupling. I still have a ways to go but with my HOTAS it feels pretty damn good.

News Comments > Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M
26. Re: Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M Feb 7, 2015, 21:48 Wildone

lol did you say 'flight model'?! Its utter horseshit

jdreyer wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 20:43:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 20:17:
I have been traveling as well and haven't been able to load any of the new latest patches, but I was also loving the flight model the last time I played. I will probably end up waiting on the multi-player ships before I play again but so far I am very happy with their progress. They are aware of the HUD issues and are continually working on it, as they know it is a huge part of the experience.

Is it just me, or does it feel like the flight model handles the same during the races as it does in outer space? I would expect less inertia in the atmosphere as the ship should be able to use the atmosphere to turn more sharply (should also result in a lower top speed through frictional resistance).

News Comments > Sony Online Entertainment Sold
7. Re: Sony Online Entertainment Sold Feb 2, 2015, 13:55 Wildone

Annnnnnnnndddddddddd....lAYOFFFSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! RESTRUCTURING!!!!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M
22. Re: Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M Jan 28, 2015, 17:03 Wildone

I guess they're finished with the DFM then? Because its like, AWESOME ALREADY?! not..  

News Comments > Army 21 Announced
1. Re: Army 21 Announced Jan 27, 2015, 19:03 Wildone

1997 wants its graphics back. Is this 3dfx compatible?!?!  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Sets FPS Record
1. Re: PlanetSide 2 Sets FPS Record Jan 26, 2015, 13:34 Wildone

This game flat out SUCKS. Unless your in a clan and play 12 hrs a day. Otherwise, forget about it.  

News Comments > Roberts: Star Citizen Will "Probably" Pass $100M; Release Schedule Expanded
48. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 13:27 Wildone

So sounds like they're all done & satisfied with how the space combat feels eh? Wow cool  

News Comments > Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers
21. Re: Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers Jan 21, 2015, 15:23 Wildone

Have they mastered the basic flight mechanics yet? Bcus last time I tried it was complete dogshit. Cant even roll the ship it does some weird strafe/yaw movement lollol  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month
6. Re: Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month Jan 15, 2015, 21:42 Wildone

yea so no space sims for you then eh  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
35. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 07:16 Wildone

The proof is in the pudding, fire up the Arena commander and tell me how fuckin lame the ship control is.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
41. removed Jan 10, 2015, 23:27 Wildone

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 11, 2015, 07:35.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
18. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 17:40 Wildone

its already good on the Rift, so how much more on the CV1?! Im lovin the immersion  

News Comments > Dying Light Videos
6. Re: Dying Light Videos Jan 9, 2015, 18:04 Wildone

No Oculus Rift support, no sale.  

2807 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo