Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wanker

Real Name Wanker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wildone
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2003, 20:05
Total Comments 2840 (Senior)
User ID 19388

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
13. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 11, 2015, 22:24 Wildone

how come this aint on the news..

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=29b_1431374949

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
9. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 11, 2015, 21:19 Wildone

Only 1 Mill? Its a failure. Shut em downnnn  

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
19. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 18:11 Wildone

Who cares. Never got the deal with this cartoony RPG thing..  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
21. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 11:58 Wildone

Scary as shit in the Oculus..can still only play it for 10 mins at a time its too nerve wracking  

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend; BIS Sale
15. Re: Arma III Free Weekend; BIS Sale May 8, 2015, 10:48 Wildone

It sucks, because when you try to join a server you have to have the exact same mods, add ons and such and if you dont then SOL.

1badmf wrote on May 8, 2015, 08:36:
does this game have a big following? how does multiplayer work? i'm assuming it's not the lone wolf hell that is bf/cod just cuz the maps are so big, so then how would a lone player have fun? i don' thave any friends that play this =(

News Comments > Star Trek on GOG.com
19. Re: Star Trek on GOG.com May 7, 2015, 14:57 Wildone

does it still have the air/queefs contained within the plastic vacuum packaging? If so, its worth 10000000000s!!!!!!!!!!!

Darks wrote on May 7, 2015, 14:05:
Own and played everyone one of these back in the day. Still have all the original boxes. and I have the Collectors edition that came with the VHS Video tape. Cant recall the actual Episode...

I used to live very close to Interplay back in the day and knew a few of the guys who worked there. They used to tell me Shatner was such and ass when he came in to do his lines. He would just blurt out his lines without any emotions they said.

Anyway, I'm wondering what my old box version might be worth these days. never opened or played that video. Everything is still in pristine condition.

Now that's some old nostalgia.

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
22. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 11:14 Wildone

Says someone who never tried it (Im sure)

Cutter wrote on May 6, 2015, 09:37:
A lot of people will end up with VR paperweights before this fad passes. That'll take a while however as there's too much money behind this movement at current. I have no doubt that VR will succeed one day, just not today. I still see this being of far more use in practical applications, AR in particular.

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
21. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 11:13 Wildone

Why? Bcus Valve fan boy?  

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
46. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 17:44 Wildone

Its already been done, years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYSXaU6eKm4

30. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 12:09 Wildone

You are absolutely right, anyone who has a DK2 will tell you that and its not even the final unit or running proper games yet..and its fucking amazing.
"I submit to you that the VR revolution happening when HTC Vive and Oculus Rift goes commercial will do just that. "

29. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 12:08 Wildone

YES  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
14. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 14, 2015, 19:09 Wildone

Nope and never will be.  

News Comments > BAFTA Winners
16. Re: BAFTA Winners Mar 13, 2015, 14:51 Wildone

I severely doubt that, ever heard of the Arma series of games? Pfft lol

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 13:58:
Put together all the areas on Earth, Moon, Venus and Mars and you have more sq footage then practically any other shooter ever released. Add in all the PvP maps which are unique to PvP and never seen in PvE... this game does not lack content.

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Linux Alpha
9. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Linux Alpha Mar 13, 2015, 12:12 Wildone

No Oculus support, no play.  

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
92. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 17:45 Wildone

They should have added $37+3000 for a new rig to run it. Its hideously slow even at low res its an unoptimized MESS.

{PH}88fingers wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 16:22:
nin wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 10:31:
InBlack wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 10:15:
Bullshit. It has everything to do with it. Hard-drive space would not be an issue if they would concentrate on doing a Space game first and foremost

"Pew Pew! Let's add in a first person shootar!!!!!"

I wish I'd never backed this on KS. What it was then, and what it is now are completely separate things. Even at $37, I have buyers remorse...

Buyers remorse and wish you hadn't backed on KS, please msg me privately and I'll happily fix that problem for you. I will paypal you $37 for your account instantly.
But why do I somehow doubt you will reply... hmm I wonder...

91. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 17:43 Wildone

Lmao thats a problem right there, why in the hell would you need to hire them for a GAME?!? The resolution and fidelity of characters is nowhere near movie quality unless they plan to waste cycles having some schmuck animate every hair follicle which is probably not far off, they keep finding ways to deviate and side track from the main mission which I thought was a good Space Combat Sim..now its turned into some monster...bad bad sign. Anyway, Mocap is mocap..no need to waste money on hiring a hollywood team to do game stuff, it doesnt make the game better. They have lost control of this..

Comet wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 17:32:
You know the company behind that did motion capture for Gollum (LOTR) and Rise Planet of The Apes? They've been hired to work in Star Citizen.

78. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 15:42 Wildone

1000000000000% right..

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 15:35:
I backed this game a long time ago, I read the entire debate and I don't follow the game updates or play AC.

I'm more in the disappointed/getting worried area of the this project.

I wanted a free space 2 type of game like Squadron 42 was promising.

I work on Oil&Gas engineering projects for a living and plan man hour estimates, cost estimates, project schedules and cost tracking.

The thing that really worries me is most projects that gets side tracked from the original scope and creeps in lots of extra scope ends up either becoming horribly flawed and costly finishes (works but works poorly and requires way more work to fix over x amount of years) or never finishes. Sometimes these end in lawsuits, other times it ends in unpaid engineering hours and an agreement not to sue each other.

There's also projects that get lots of extra scope additions and pull the project off smoothly but it's usually over budget and late.

So this game, I don't see delivering on my expectations from a few years ago. But I'm hoping it's got a very good project manager that knows how to control the deliverables. Which is why I just leave it to run it's course.

26. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 11:38 Wildone

Oh they got way more than our $37 and all we wanted was a fucking space combat game, what we're getting is everything BUT that and it'll take a quantum computer to even get out of the hangar! LOL

Really? Is this all because it's simply not out yet or because you actually don't want more for your $37 than what they were originally hoping to be able to create? Or is it all just because you don't want to wait for it to be finished?

I don't know why people like you and Inblack continue to just conveniently choose to ignore everything Chris Roberts says about how and why the scope of the game has evolved the way it has relative to the level of crowd funding and community feedback that has been received.

25. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 11:36 Wildone

This game is going the way of DNF. I called it, they fired Rob its a sign that things are not well aboard the USS SC  

News Comments > Descent Reboot Kickstarter
17. Re: Descent Reboot Kickstarter Mar 10, 2015, 22:35 Wildone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4v7BHAqDuw

If you watch Robs interview and him talking about all the stuff he was tasked with, its an impossible job and this game is impossible to make with all the pie in the sky 'modules' they want to do, ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Logistically or any other way humanly possible. I dont expect any fan boy with no game development experience to understand, but those of us that do KNOW it to be true. This thing is gonna fucking implode on itself..no matter who they hire. These are signs of the cracks in the wall..theres gonna be more

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 21:33:
Darks wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 20:17:
So, let me get this straight, he was hired on to help on Star Citizen after his failed attempt to Kickstart Conquest. So, is he now not working on star Citizen?

Yup. He left CIG last year (October I believe). The official reason given was that CR required all leads to move to Santa Monica and WM (Eric Peterson) refused to relocate due to family in Austin.
The official version is complete bullshit, of course. WM was the Austin studio director. The Austin studio was not and will not be shut down for the foreseeable future.
So... how exactly can you lead a studio in Austin from Santa Monica? And why was WM replaced by Tony Zurovec (ex-Origin, too) who is, of course, based in Austin and was obviously not asked to "relocate or GTFO".
So there must have been other reasons for Peterson's "decision" to get laid off or leave CIG "voluntarily".

The team also consists of Rob Iriving who was just fired from his position as Star Citizen Lead Designer this last week, Jason Spangler, former Chief Technical Officer at the Austin studio, and Mike Morlan who was one of the first to be fired last year when they no longer needed him at CIG after Wingman's Hangar was cancelled.
All of these guys (minus Spangler to some extent) were hugely responsible for Star Citizen's smashing success. Their departures are very telling of CR's "loyalty" and leadership qualities...

2840 Comments. 142 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo