Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wanker

Real Name Wanker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wildone
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2003, 20:05
Total Comments 2804 (Senior)
User ID 19388

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
78. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 15:42 Wildone

1000000000000% right..

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 15:35:
I backed this game a long time ago, I read the entire debate and I don't follow the game updates or play AC.

I'm more in the disappointed/getting worried area of the this project.

I wanted a free space 2 type of game like Squadron 42 was promising.

I work on Oil&Gas engineering projects for a living and plan man hour estimates, cost estimates, project schedules and cost tracking.

The thing that really worries me is most projects that gets side tracked from the original scope and creeps in lots of extra scope ends up either becoming horribly flawed and costly finishes (works but works poorly and requires way more work to fix over x amount of years) or never finishes. Sometimes these end in lawsuits, other times it ends in unpaid engineering hours and an agreement not to sue each other.

There's also projects that get lots of extra scope additions and pull the project off smoothly but it's usually over budget and late.

So this game, I don't see delivering on my expectations from a few years ago. But I'm hoping it's got a very good project manager that knows how to control the deliverables. Which is why I just leave it to run it's course.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 11:38 Wildone

Oh they got way more than our $37 and all we wanted was a fucking space combat game, what we're getting is everything BUT that and it'll take a quantum computer to even get out of the hangar! LOL

Really? Is this all because it's simply not out yet or because you actually don't want more for your $37 than what they were originally hoping to be able to create? Or is it all just because you don't want to wait for it to be finished?

I don't know why people like you and Inblack continue to just conveniently choose to ignore everything Chris Roberts says about how and why the scope of the game has evolved the way it has relative to the level of crowd funding and community feedback that has been received.

25. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 11:36 Wildone

This game is going the way of DNF. I called it, they fired Rob its a sign that things are not well aboard the USS SC  

News Comments > Descent Reboot Kickstarter
17. Re: Descent Reboot Kickstarter Mar 10, 2015, 22:35 Wildone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4v7BHAqDuw

If you watch Robs interview and him talking about all the stuff he was tasked with, its an impossible job and this game is impossible to make with all the pie in the sky 'modules' they want to do, ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Logistically or any other way humanly possible. I dont expect any fan boy with no game development experience to understand, but those of us that do KNOW it to be true. This thing is gonna fucking implode on itself..no matter who they hire. These are signs of the cracks in the wall..theres gonna be more

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 21:33:
Darks wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 20:17:
So, let me get this straight, he was hired on to help on Star Citizen after his failed attempt to Kickstart Conquest. So, is he now not working on star Citizen?

Yup. He left CIG last year (October I believe). The official reason given was that CR required all leads to move to Santa Monica and WM (Eric Peterson) refused to relocate due to family in Austin.
The official version is complete bullshit, of course. WM was the Austin studio director. The Austin studio was not and will not be shut down for the foreseeable future.
So... how exactly can you lead a studio in Austin from Santa Monica? And why was WM replaced by Tony Zurovec (ex-Origin, too) who is, of course, based in Austin and was obviously not asked to "relocate or GTFO".
So there must have been other reasons for Peterson's "decision" to get laid off or leave CIG "voluntarily".

The team also consists of Rob Iriving who was just fired from his position as Star Citizen Lead Designer this last week, Jason Spangler, former Chief Technical Officer at the Austin studio, and Mike Morlan who was one of the first to be fired last year when they no longer needed him at CIG after Wingman's Hangar was cancelled.
All of these guys (minus Spangler to some extent) were hugely responsible for Star Citizen's smashing success. Their departures are very telling of CR's "loyalty" and leadership qualities...

News Comments > Just Cause 3 PAX East Presentation
4. Re: Just Cause 3 PAX East Presentation Mar 10, 2015, 11:18 Wildone

NICE PHOTOCHOPS!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
13. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 8, 2015, 15:35 Wildone

Keeps reminding me of DNF...  

News Comments > John Carmack's GDC Presentation
7. Re: John Carmack's GDC Presentation Mar 7, 2015, 17:00 Wildone

Ready to eat you're on balls??!

[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 7, 2015, 15:26:
And the world stupidest tech televangelist speaks.... He is so lost in the details he misses the big picture. VR is stupider then google glass. Anything greater then Q2 was retarded. His rockets all blew up. Romeo made this guy his bitch 20 years ago. Maybe he should talk about THAT home boy!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming Mar 5, 2015, 20:27 Wildone

A demo like 3 yrs after it came out? EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

News Comments > Bombshell Details & Trailer
7. Re: Bombshell Details & Trailer Mar 2, 2015, 21:29 Wildone

K thx for lettin us know u will pass  

News Comments > HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed
24. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 1, 2015, 20:01 Wildone

I know several people who work at Valve, THERE IS NO HALF LIFE 3 at this current moment.  

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
99. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 02:05 Wildone

Except the Liberals, they get it all.

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 23:54:
shihonage wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 23:33:
will give your daily two minutes hate against Fox News

What is funny is you can get cuts where Fox anchors fly off the handle and start spewing venom. You go to Cnn or the main broadcasts, they rarely if ever lose their professionalism.

You mention all the things Obama has done and it is shitty it has to be this way. But many posts back there was a piece about the struggles to get anything done. One side says up the other down, black, white. Yes, no. If he used the normal process almost nothing would get done, he was stone walled a lot. The point above was they don't want credit going to the other party if it is a success, the whole goal is to get voted in next time and if you can't do anything lines will be blurred and blame laid. It's ugly, its sad, but the shit Obama has done, if he didn't, we'd have 8 years of nothing. Now you may be against some of the reforms, but not everyone is. Believe me no one, no one is really getting their vision in gov't, and when you watch history of dictatorships, go to bed tonight thinking the best, at least no one side is getting everything, because that is where the bad in history starts. In America even today, if you give it your all, there is success to be had.

97. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 02:01 Wildone

The free market would sort it out, now we can have full gov censorship and biasing. Its not like they used the IRS to target political enemys or anything was it...oh no...

Prez wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 01:54:
I'll say this - I really don't want the government in my internet, any more than I wanted the government in my healthcare. That said, the absolutely corrupt and utterly unethical corporations left the government no choice in either case, so I will settle for the lesser of two evils. Corporations in both cases simply would not do the right thing, so they must be made to do the right thing. Don't blame the government for instituting what will turn out to be far from perfect regulations on both the internet and healthcare; rather, blame the corporations for leaving the government no choice by not doing what's right on their own. The money-obsessed douchebags in charge would sell their own mothers for a dime; of course they could not be left to run slipshod over the populace in their blind greed.

12. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 19:16 Wildone

AHahahah wow all these government lovers..just mind blowing.  

News Comments > AvP Classic 2000 Gets Cross-Distributor Multiplayer
4. Re: AvP Classic 2000 Gets Cross-Distributor Multiplayer Feb 25, 2015, 23:13 Wildone

But shit, the graphics are almost 8bit it'd be painful to play. What about the Monolith game..  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer; AMAA
1. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer; AMAA Feb 25, 2015, 22:08 Wildone

Wow this game is so important, an AMAA session. How about a press conference at the UN too?  

News Comments > $386K Dying Light My Apocalypse Edition
3. Re: $386K Dying Light My Apocalypse Edition Feb 24, 2015, 18:45 Wildone

Wait till Chris Roberts hears aboot THIS!! They can sell life size cardboard replicas of the big ships for 1 mill!!!!!!  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit
35. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 13:29 Wildone

Neckbeards  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
103. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 13:09 Wildone

Given of how little has actually been shown/playable already I dont see consistent progress towards these goals. It must be a clusterfuck of management to run all these studios towards the menagerie of bizarre fan boy dreams they have promised. I have worked on pie in the sky projects like this before and it aint pretty..they better have kick ass management or its gonna fail hard.

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 12:26:
Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 10:00:
I don't really see it from a perspective that many of you do. If it ends up being the game I've always wanted to play and it is as fun as I hope it will be, then it's not really about the money, it's about my enjoyment. This is something that you can't always easily place monetary value on.

I'm willing to take a chance on it, it's as simple as that. There are some individuals who have pledged 40k so far for the same reason. If it turns out as good as we all hope then many of you will benefit from those of us who've funded SC beyond what most believed was possible.

Nothing like this has been done before, of course there will be many who doubt the possibilities. If it ends up a success then I won't rub it in anyone's face or say "I told you so", but if you're willing to give it a try then I'd invite you to man a station or a turret on my 890 Jump and have some fun, after all, this is what it's all about.

There is so much information to take in right now that it's nigh impossible unless you sat down for two weeks straight and watched every video and read all the information CIG has presented to us, because of this is why I believe there to be such a flock of naysayers. But if you really understood the scope of people behind this project then you'll see there is no way it can fail, far too many with far deeper pockets than me won't let that happen. This is the game they've always wanted to play, and there are plenty who are 40-65 years old who've been waiting on something like this for 20 years.

First I thought this insight of yours was good, I feel lucky where a $5 indy game can give me some enjoyment. I do agree, if it is pulled off, it can give us a new level of detail and immersion we haven't had and maybe it is the beginning of a new era in game design for AAA's at least to achieve, aka the bar has been risen.

That said you give me just so many lessons in history to pull from:

"then you'll see there is no way it can fail"

The Titanic is unsinkable.

I will say, even if you don't want to say it, but if this game is near what it promises, I myself will be ok with "I told you so's" from the supporters. We all win as been said many times.

But there is some history here for people to be concerned about that I think the fan side of this should understand and why it is being used. When he added that feature or two way back that triggered some to thinking "wow he's really promising a lot, getting nervous", just think how many more dozens of big-things they have added since then.

So each time we hear of another feature like "renting", many feel he's already gone overboard a long time ago and the feature is just more weight to the anchor. So that is why you see these comments slant negative.

43. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 17:35 Wildone

Its a joke, it would take a team of 12 a year to fully flesh this thing out, let alone work on the rest of the 'game' you guys are in dream world..lol

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 17:11:
BadIronTree wrote:
New mining Platform/ship

I'm disgusted by the low, low price of $325 for this concept mining ship. They could really try a little harder to sell an even more unfinished and more expensive concept. I mean I want to feel special and not like a complete cheapskate here.

19. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 13:47 Wildone

Because they CANT!!! All the shit they have promised the fan boys is nearly impossible to pull off in a single game, it goes beyond a space ship game/FPS shooter or anything else and is so complicated they would need the resources of NASA to pull it off, thus constant 'new' mini features that they can do keep coming up, anything to distract and divert attention way from the elephant in the room, its never going to be done ever.

Slashman wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 10:56:
Why the hell do they not just concentrate on getting the game out already?

Why introduce more complicated crap at this point? It's bad enough you're selling ships for hundreds of dollars, but come on. This is just retarded extra nonsense piled on top of an unfinished game with a scope so wide just them completing it would surprise me.

2804 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo