Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wanker

Real Name Wanker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wildone
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2003, 20:05
Total Comments 2716 (Senior)
User ID 19388

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Homeworld HD/CE Survey
10. Re: Homeworld HD/CE Survey Dec 27, 2013, 14:09 Wildone

I'll pay $2 max otherwise it'll eat into my pizza money, I'll prob pass:Meh:shrugs  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $35 Million
11. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 23, 2013, 12:01 Wildone

Yep if they intend to follow thru on all the backer requests they say 'yes' too this will make GTA look like an N64 game in complexity. Seriously I dont see how they gonna pull it off. They shoulda just stuck to the space combat stuff and got that fucking EXCELLENT then moved on to other misc shit. Its gonna be a horrible mess for a long time  

9. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 23, 2013, 11:45 Wildone

If you watched the live stream video of the dogfighting I could spot many a nervous face, what they are taking on to do is a GTA/ROckstar sized project of maybe bigger proportions, they are gonna need a bigger team to pull this off I think  

1. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 23, 2013, 10:53 Wildone

Sometimes I think its better to do more with less than have everything you ask for, artists work better with limitations  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Support
19. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Support Dec 20, 2013, 15:11 Wildone

Who just watched the SC Dogfighting demo..I know its early pre pre preee Alpha but eh..it looked like cak :-S Still early days  

13. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Support Dec 20, 2013, 12:40 Wildone

Its all over youtube, and fantastic  

5. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Support Dec 20, 2013, 12:11 Wildone

I dont think so, its very old school. You can use an Xbox controller if you so wish but its very dogfighting centric no weird XR manouvers

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 11:16:
Is any of the Blue's News peeps in the Alpha?
All the vids I've seen the ship maneuvering looks sort of weird. Is there a mouse control like how it is in X-Rebirth for example, or only joystick controls?
What I mean is if I move my mouse around my ship will follow and steer in that direction?
I kind of like this in X-Rebirth makes the ship controls really easy.

4. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Support Dec 20, 2013, 12:10 Wildone

Well not long before the beta comes a few more months

gray wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 11:43:
This looks great, the only problem is alpha costs as much as my Rift! Bit gutted.

News Comments > Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Date & Specs
3. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Date & Specs Dec 18, 2013, 22:16 Wildone

Looks like it'll run just fine on the Xbox 360  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
41. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 14:26 Wildone

lol true  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 12:06 Wildone

Oh boy wait for Egosofts one then!! LMAOOOOOO  

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
40. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 18:43 Wildone

Bcus they are doing in the shittiest suckiest ass way possible thats why

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 18:17:
Why all the bitching? We are now getting SOMETHING from Disney that Lucasarts couldn't/wouldn't do in over 10+ years?

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay
78. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 16:07 Wildone

Last time I tried to play their crysis game it was an experience in rubber banding like no other..good god  

32. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 16:00 Wildone

Is that death star a 2d bitmap or will you be able to fly into it and its about the size of a beach ball? LMAO  

76. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 15:58 Wildone

Its so fucking bad it cant be that hard..

Kosumo wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 15:46:
What make you think they can write better netcode than Crytek?

Who working on Star Citizen (and Squadren 42 - at the same time!) has released any games in the last 10 years?

66. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 15:01 Wildone

Seems kinda like something you would have planned out 6 mos before the release of the module, not reach the deadline then decide. lol failed

ItBurn wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 14:55:
Stormsinger wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 14:50:
Slinkycatz wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 14:04:
Stormsinger wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 13:50:
You're missing the point completely. Delays happen, we all know that. But waiting to announce it until there are only two weeks left, rather than as you put it, last year when there was a change in scale and scope...well, that looks awfully snake oilish.

Like Cabezone said...

Those of us who have actually been following what has been going on have been aware for almost a month that they were debating which path to take on the dogfighting module. Release it with existing Crysis code or build it from scratch?

I've seen a number of comments here on BluesNews by those who aren't really following the game but are on the distant sidelines, making comments that indicate they don't really understand the context of what they are talking about.

So let me see if I have this straight now. You're saying that as of a month and a half before the deadline -they- had set, they hadn't even decided what engine they were going to use? And you're saying that's not waiting until the last minute to start on something they'd promised "no matter what"?

I guess I've been put in my place... I was being far more generous than that, assuming they'd actually made a decision in time to reach their deadline but just not announced it. This just screams of mismanagement.

You are NOT getting this straight. It was always known that they'd need to make their own multiplayer code. What they were debating is if they were going to make the initial dogfighting module with the current Crytek multiplayer code or later with the new multiplayer code. And all of this was apparently known for more than a month by people who follow the game.

28. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 14:55 Wildone

I know people are willing to give 1000's to back SC you'd think someone with a brain at LucasArts would...oh wait..

Pigeon wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 14:36:
Rigs wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 13:49:
Fuck me! Is it asking too much to get a semi-hi-fidelity space-combat sim set in the Star Wars universe around here?!? You know, back in the day, when the PC sim audience was about a TENTH of what it is now, try to guess what LucasArts was pushing out every year or so? Yup, that's right, a serious SPACE-COMBAT SIM set in the Star Wars universe and you wanna know somethin' else? IT FUCKING RULED! Literally! It was PC GAMER'S BEST PC GAME OF ALL TIME!

I have long given up on a worthy successor to TIE Fighter. My memories of playing that game are stored away in that part of my brain reserved for 'Awesome Fun You've Had'.

21. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 14:28 Wildone

Hmm genius? Test the waters by releasing an awful facsimile to really see how many people it will piss off.

If they wanted to gauge interest, look at Star Citizen..its there. We dont want a dumb down F2P tailored for the low end PC/Xbox crowd..

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 13:57:
Allow me to play devils advocate and suggest maybe this is their way of testing the waters for the desire for a full X-Wing sim.

I will continue to engage in this brash and dangerous optimism by also pointing out that there was no prequel nonsense to be seen in this trailer so maybe they're listening to fans a bit.

50. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 13:34 Wildone

I think it just shows they have way overstepped their reach, missing the point..the space combat was (I thought?) the core and its been MASSIVELY derailed by the loud fan boy backers who want a GTA-in SPPppAAAAcceeee..  

13. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 13:32 Wildone

Yes thats about the best we're gonna get. Thank god for Elite Dangerous  

2716 Comments. 136 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo