Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wanker

Real Name Wanker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wildone
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2003, 20:05
Total Comments 2643 (Senior)
User ID 19388

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
18. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 13:36 Wildone

My 1st job was at Sierra, we had some fun times lol  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
30. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 16:20 Wildone

And its already more fun than SC lel

DangerDog wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 14:17:
Hello Star Citizen, are you not entertained!?

Even if this project fails I think I'll have gotten my $45 worth of backer pledge out of all the drama this has created.

In other news I've somehow managed to log 22 hours into the combat test and beta version of Elite Dangerous only playing a few hours at night. That said I would recommend people to hold out for the release of Elite as it's really just a shell of core game functions that they have implemented.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
17. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 13:08 Wildone

They need to STOP acquiescing to fanboy demands, and GET ON WITH IT.  

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
6. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 10:21 Wildone

Based on what I have seen thus far, they will be lucky to get the DFM working properly. And they need to stop saying yes to every fan boy request or this game will never get done.

Prez wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 10:05:
So much hope, so much promised, so many areas where it can fall short or outright crash and burn. Still keeping my fingers crossed. I'm by no means a hater - I am just maintianing a healthy skepticism in light of the ambition and expectations for this project.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
19. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 16:00 Wildone

Agreed the ships handle like boats and everything's laggy as hell..  

News Comments > Ace Combat Assault Horizon Free Weekend
1. Re: Ace Combat Assault Horizon Free Weekend Jul 24, 2014, 18:59 Wildone

Yawnnn  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $48 Million
8. Re: Star Citizen at $48 Million Jul 14, 2014, 23:27 Wildone

Hows that ship combat comin?! LOLL Oh...  

News Comments > Alien Isolation for Oculus Rift Only a Prototype
17. Re: Alien Isolation for Oculus Rift Only a Prototype Jul 12, 2014, 15:00 Wildone

They sold 45k of the DK2 within a day or so..and Im betting most of them where NOT developers including me.

' barely has any active users outside of developers. '

News Comments > Ubisoft's Sales Growth
2. Re: Ubisoft's Sales Growth Jul 10, 2014, 13:51 Wildone

Must be the fucking pirates on PC!  

News Comments > MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; "New Concepts" Coming
2. Re: MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; Jul 9, 2014, 19:02 Wildone

You can do it right now on Oculus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H948ZnUSr4

2. Re: Alien Isolation for Oculus Rift Only a Prototype Jul 7, 2014, 21:50 Wildone

or put it another way..."We cant make money from this on the console version so yea, F*** you PC gamers"  

1. Re: Alien Isolation for Oculus Rift Only a Prototype Jul 7, 2014, 21:49 Wildone

Oh well pre order cancelled.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Monthly Report
8. Re: Star Citizen Monthly Report Jul 2, 2014, 12:55 Wildone

I play/played A LOT of sims for a long time, but if you cant just instantly get a feel for the ships out of the box there's a problem. And there is a big problem with these, its like flying a 747 on ice-its all over the place! By contrast you jump into Elite Dangerous and you instantly get the 'oh I know this!!' feeling..its intuitive. I dont get what crap they say about the FCS or whatever it is. And thats just the start of the problems. Their ships are fantastically modeled & detailed, but man..they are trying to do so much too quickly and getting splintered. Unless they do something to fix the basic feel of the ships and the combat I cant see myself going back to it even though Im a backer. ED has all my attention

Tumbler wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 12:49:
Wildone wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 11:45:
They are in deep trouble. They said yes to way too many goofy requests and didn't focus on the core gameplay (Dogfighting) hence why it sucks balls. Now they have to make good on it all and the result is gonna be a weird awkward mish mash of game types and mechanics, none of which will gel together. Im predicting there will be a huge re-focusing once they figure out it cant be done in a human timeframe. Fan boys will cry and probably commit hari kiri.

I think the mistake they made about 6 months ago was trying to deliver more content after the delay initially. The DFM was originally supposed to just be the Hornet to start. If they'd focused only on that ship I think we'd be seeing a much better launch of the DFM. (now called arena commander)

At pax east they told us about all the other stuff that will be in AC and it seems like another game tacked onto the development entirely. This may end up being smart because it gives them something the public can play but so far they're struggling to deliver the initial 3 ships in a way that most people will see as fun. Whenever the key binding / control config patch comes I hope that will help a lot of people enjoy the game.

It's pretty absurd that you need to setup detailed custom controls outside of the game that can be programmed to a joystick / hotas setup. The controller config isn't bad but without sensitivity settings it's pretty hard to use effectively. The Mouse and Keyboard controls can be used ok if you can adjust to them. The virtual joystick is clunky thanx to this little zone in the middle of the screen where your ship stops responding and you're supposed to use this area to aim. Problem is once you hit the edge of this imaginary circle the ship starts to turn. Making minor changes becomes very difficult doing it this way. You can change the mouse control mode to direct using Ctrl F but I don't like that.

I'm very pleased with the game in general at this stage, with a few control config menu's and them opening up MP to a lot more people I think it's going to be a lot more fun.

5. Re: Star Citizen Monthly Report Jul 2, 2014, 11:45 Wildone

They are in deep trouble. They said yes to way too many goofy requests and didn't focus on the core gameplay (Dogfighting) hence why it sucks balls. Now they have to make good on it all and the result is gonna be a weird awkward mish mash of game types and mechanics, none of which will gel together. Im predicting there will be a huge re-focusing once they figure out it cant be done in a human timeframe. Fan boys will cry and probably commit hari kiri.  

3. Re: Star Citizen Monthly Report Jul 2, 2014, 11:00 Wildone

And the DFM still sucks.  

News Comments > Standalone DCS F-15C
10. Re: Standalone DCS F-15C Jun 30, 2014, 19:01 Wildone

NEED-NEW-TERRAIN!!!!!!!!! Im gonna fuckun hurl if I see the crimea one-more-time. And I know Nevada..its been what 5 years?  

News Comments > Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold
40. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 16:11 Wildone

big deal  

News Comments > More Crytek Rumors
34. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 17:55 Wildone

Just wait till the Liberals come for YOUR money..

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 15:43:
Ahumado wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 15:17:
why shouldn't they drive their ferrari's to work? class warfare knows no bounds

4 out of 10.

News Comments > Alien Isolation About 15 Hours
13. Re: Alien Isolation About 15 Hours Jun 18, 2014, 12:12 Wildone

Try Aliens: Colonial Marines  

News Comments > Alien Isolation About 15 Hours
6. Re: Alien Isolation About 15 Hours Jun 18, 2014, 10:06 Wildone

As long as you 'play along' and pretend your really there. If you play it like a 'video game' you can probably do it in an hour lol  

2643 Comments. 133 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo