Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wanker

Real Name Wanker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wildone
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2003, 20:05
Total Comments 2657 (Senior)
User ID 19388

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
8. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 11:37 Wildone

Because fighter pilots fly jets with a keyboard & mouse

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:11:
Just a question.. but is Elite properly playable with KB/M ? I can't handle space-flight with joystick ;p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced
14. Re: Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced Sep 11, 2014, 15:54 Wildone

BRIDGE COMMANDER WITH OCULUS RIFT!!!!!!!!!!  

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
7. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 10:22 Wildone

Wonder if it'll actually be flyable this time?  

News Comments > Arkham Knight 2 in June
6. Re: Arkham Knight 2 in June Sep 8, 2014, 16:48 Wildone

For $400 you get to sleep with the Admin girl shes cute  

News Comments > Volition Reveal Friday
14. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 12:12 Wildone

FREEEESPACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEL  

News Comments > Centauri Sector Announced
1. Re: Centauri Sector Announced Aug 25, 2014, 12:59 Wildone

Top down! LOL so 1994  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized
24. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized Aug 20, 2014, 22:37 Wildone

How aboot that rubber banding in the race game?! LMAOOO CRYSIS SHIT NETCODE (Even if they re-wrote it, its still there)  

News Comments > Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft
13. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 14:31 Wildone

Try the DK2 its a much more comfortable experience. Even with fugly graphics like MCs it still puts you into that world and it doesnt matter anymore..

Quboid wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 13:22:
I'm glad to see he's reconsidered, I thought he sounded a bit childish before. He hasn't sold out unless he's being paid which is possible but seems extremely unlikely given his reported wealth.

I would have thought Minecraft isn't very suited to the Rift. I wouldn't want to spend an entire evening wearing the DK1's headset in one go and I don't expect that to change in the near future.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial
29. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 17:07 Wildone

10000% Agree. The DFM is absolute BOLLOCKS. Its laggy (By intention?) awkward and poorly implemented for the amount of time they supposedly spent on it. I blame them and the fan boys for their pie in the skie demands and CR should know better than to acquiesce to them all. Where as Elite Dangerous has been 100% on point and the game is actually fun & playable?!? I have loaded the DFM twice in the past 2 months and each time I turned it off after about 5 minutes. Its unplayable.

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 12:25:
Wildone wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 12:03:
And you can DEFINITELY see where the last 5 million of funding went on this awesome commercial, becus it is-AWESOME! lel

Yes, it's really getting out of hand. The fanbois will tell you that these commercials are in-game assets and needed for the game anyway which is sort of true BUT something like this is something you'd put in at the last minute or maybe even post-launch because the only functionality that's really needed is that you can buy the ship from an in-game ship dealer. A commercial is just fluff.

They should be working on gameplay systems. They should be up to their ankles in Squadron 42 and PU work. They should not be at Gamescom. They should not be working on advertising assets for MOAR SALES (the original budget estimate by CR was $20 to $25 million - we're at TWICE that now). The sole focus should have been lying on the core game ever since we hit $25 million. Instead we are getting... this.

Oh, and they are pulling off the "limited" trick again, too. One of the Connie variants (the most expensive Phoenix variant ofc) has been limited to 5K in this sale. So they are once again creating a pretend urge to get one even though it will be available in-game.
I'm an original backer, golden ticket holder, $1K+ pledger because I wanted to help them make the most awesome space sim ever (especially Squadron 42 as a return of WC, Privateer and Freelancer).
I used to be a HUGE fan of this project in the first few months but now I'm just disgusted by how CR has turned this into a money making scheme. The guy's greed appears to be infinite.
To say it has been ruined would be hyperbole but for me this franchise has already been majorly tainted before it's even really started to get off the ground. What a shame. This could have been good...

3. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 12:03 Wildone

And you can DEFINITELY see where the last 5 million of funding went on this awesome commercial, becus it is-AWESOME! lel  

2. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 12:01 Wildone

Why would I pay $400 when I get them in game for free?!?! People are just NUTS..  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Steam Early Access
2. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Steam Early Access Aug 15, 2014, 10:12 Wildone

LOL so its a train wreck like CLOD?  

News Comments > Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander
22. Re: Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander Aug 10, 2014, 21:13 Wildone

Elite Dangerous is eating them ALIVE!!!!  

News Comments > DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora Open Beta
1. Re: DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora Open Beta Aug 8, 2014, 17:43 Wildone

In the Crimea.. FFS they need NEW MAPS....  

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
18. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 13:36 Wildone

My 1st job was at Sierra, we had some fun times lol  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
30. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 16:20 Wildone

And its already more fun than SC lel

DangerDog wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 14:17:
Hello Star Citizen, are you not entertained!?

Even if this project fails I think I'll have gotten my $45 worth of backer pledge out of all the drama this has created.

In other news I've somehow managed to log 22 hours into the combat test and beta version of Elite Dangerous only playing a few hours at night. That said I would recommend people to hold out for the release of Elite as it's really just a shell of core game functions that they have implemented.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
17. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 13:08 Wildone

They need to STOP acquiescing to fanboy demands, and GET ON WITH IT.  

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
6. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 10:21 Wildone

Based on what I have seen thus far, they will be lucky to get the DFM working properly. And they need to stop saying yes to every fan boy request or this game will never get done.

Prez wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 10:05:
So much hope, so much promised, so many areas where it can fall short or outright crash and burn. Still keeping my fingers crossed. I'm by no means a hater - I am just maintianing a healthy skepticism in light of the ambition and expectations for this project.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
19. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 16:00 Wildone

Agreed the ships handle like boats and everything's laggy as hell..  

News Comments > Ace Combat Assault Horizon Free Weekend
1. Re: Ace Combat Assault Horizon Free Weekend Jul 24, 2014, 18:59 Wildone

Yawnnn  

2657 Comments. 133 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo