Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wanker

Real Name Wanker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wildone
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2003, 20:05
Total Comments 2652 (Senior)
User ID 19388

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen @ $58M
9. Re: Star Citizen Passes $58M Oct 15, 2014, 21:17 Wildone

So far, the core ship flying experience SUCKS BALLS. The ships wallow around like fat whales its a chore and feels horrible. Dont care what they say about the FCHCHCHSXEHC flight system..it FEELS BAD.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
41. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 14:08 Wildone

No one has crystallized this better than you. As a game dev myself I see doom written all over this unrealistic space opera.

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 12:59:
Loopy wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 12:21:
I must misunderstand project planning and management or they've really gone of the rails. I don't get how more stretch goals are realistic or reasonable.

As you can see, the stretch goal is a ship vote and the winner gets moved near the top of the production pipeline. As you can also see, they have really come up with very "creative" ship roles just to increase the number of possible votes and ships.

All of this has just one purpose, of course: To be able to offer up many more ships sales in "you guys asked for it" fashion.
Every ship sale adds at worst a few 100K or, if it is a "limited" and/or LTI ship, often times $2+ million to the counter.
People at the forums are begging on their knees for more sales and for more info when a sale might happen so they can start saving up for it.

Of course all of this has nothing to do with being "realistic" but from a management and marketing perspective it is certainly highly "reasonable" to milk the suckers as long and as often as possible.

As for realism, CIG is nuts. Look at the ship roles. Except for the announced plain old regular combat (PvE and PvP dogfighting), boarding, capital ship gameplay, smuggling, salvaging, exploration/charting, trading, racing and bounty-hunting which all by themselves are already insanely complex systems, CIG also needs to design gameplay systems for search & rescue, passenger transportation, space "live" repairs, minelaying, minesweeping, and recon.

We're talking decades of design and implementation work here to really flesh out these systems to any level of fidelity that would warrant the "BDSSE" (best damn space sim ever) title.
IMHO it is microwave length short-sighted by CIG to just cough up these ship roles only to have moar sales when any of these ships and the underlying gameplay systems are MANY YEARS away from completion.
It's also setting completely unrealistic expectations. People at the forums are having wild fantasies about every single ship role that just will not realistically be implemented in the next ten years - if ever.

And that's why this game is doomed to fail. CIG will never be able to create all these gameplay systems to a level that it's fun for everyone. It's way too big and way too much work to even keep a fraction of people happy. Look at other MMOs where it always takes ages before important issues are addressed or before any new meaningful content is added. Star Citizen will never be able to keep up with people's demands for fleshed out gameplay systems and new content. Just balancing all of the many ships against each other and giving each one a meaningful role is going to be an epic task.
One day people will realize that CIG bit off chunks more than they can chew thanks to their megalomaniac CEO and then: mass exodus, game over.

30. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 12:33 Wildone

I believe they started out with good intentions, then the german fan boys came raging in and suddenly everyone wants to do pirate boarding, space janitor & real life but in spaaaacee. I thought it was a space combat simulator? lol This game will never get done  

20. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 10:37 Wildone

AND IT STILL PLAYS LIKE *SHIT*! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL....Elite Dangerous all the way  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation
28. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 7, 2014, 07:44 Wildone

Funny how they were still demoing it 2 weeks ago with the Oculus, yet no support in the final game. I wonder if Sega had anything to do with that. What a missed oppertunity  

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
8. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 10:40 Wildone

I'll try the latest updates, if it handles like a sloppy boat though I'll prob not touch it again  

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
5. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 10:19 Wildone

is it fun yet tho? LAWL..  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailers
10. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailers Sep 26, 2014, 03:36 Wildone

When ppl start talkin about another game. lawl  

News Comments > New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk
25. Re: New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk Sep 22, 2014, 05:56 Wildone

Someone has already made a 'Battle Of Endor' demo that is completely amazing & I do it more than any other VR game/demo right now.

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 03:23:
InBlack wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 03:05:
I agree with most of this. However there are already 'apps' or rather games out there that can and will support the Rift fully when it ships.

Yes. But what the OR needs to really establish VR is a true "killer app", you know, something like Rebel Assault that made everyone and their mom and their dog head out and buy a CD-ROM drive.

The real question is at what performance costs. Right now I have a GTX760 4GBVRAM in my rig and for what its worth it runs everything I throw at it at 1080p without any problems. I assume that when the CV version ships Im going to need to upgrade to at least another GTX760 so I can run SLI, but SLI was never really well supported in most of the mainstream stuff out there. Somehow I think that we are all going to be upgrading if we want to get this to work properly with our games of choice and that could be quite a costly problem...

Definitely. For the foreseeable future a (high res) Rift will probably only make any real sense for multi GPU setups, especially if nVidia manages to make it as smooth as planned with their SLI implementation.
By the way, in my experience with SLI it's actually supported quite fine. Sometimes you have to wait a bit for a SLI profile to come out but then it almost always makes sense to wait for a patch or two so I wouldn't consider that a huge issue. I'm not the type of gamer who has to play every new game on day 1 so that helps.
The only game that has caused me any real trouble (= unplayable) on my SLI 2x GTX 770 4GB system so far is Star Citizen but that's still in alpha.

News Comments > Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer
18. Re: Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer Sep 13, 2014, 17:58 Wildone

ahahahah nice try, racing around a course couldn't be more different than dogfighting. This is bullshit.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
43. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 18:24 Wildone

No but the joystick was developed as the best method for controlling a vehicle in the air and space in this case as they are modeled like jet fighters in a lot of ways. You can't circle strafe anyone in this so its a bit of a waste using a M&K

harlock wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 18:07:
Ryan Lange wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 18:00:
Wildone wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:37:
Because fighter pilots fly jets with a keyboard & mouse

I don't know about you, but I'm not a fighter pilot.

talk to me, goose

42. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 18:23 Wildone

[url=http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/12/elite-dangerous-crowdfunding-covered-less-than-one-quarter-of-its-total-cost-creator-says/]seems everything is ok

The good news is the transition, so to speak, was entirely expected. As Insider Media reports:

Frontier said it had entered a planned transitional investment phase after its IPO to develop and launch Elite: Dangerous, its first large-budget self-published title.
Chief executive officer David Braben said: “We started the current financial year as we expected and are now executing the transition of our business to its next stage. I believe that the continued delivery of our plan will result in greater opportunity and return.”

31. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 16:37 Wildone

I'll pay em another $60 if I have to, they're making the best space sim/game ever..  

23. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 14:47 Wildone

On their forum faq it says this:

The Premium Beta will be available once the Alpha phase is completed. Beta is where the whole game will come together, and by taking part you will have the opportunity for you to play, test and feedback to us.

Each of the Alpha and Beta products gives automatic access to the following development stages, and of course a download copy of the released game!

nin wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 13:19:
Drayth wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 13:03:
I thought when you bought into the alpha / beta you got in on the official release too? Why is there an additional discount?

Wondered that as well. The wording is weird...

12. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 12:15 Wildone

Elite Dangerous is closer to top gun than X: Rebirth but have at it, dont be surprised when joystick jockeys rape u tho  

8. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 11:37 Wildone

Because fighter pilots fly jets with a keyboard & mouse

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:11:
Just a question.. but is Elite properly playable with KB/M ? I can't handle space-flight with joystick ;p

News Comments > Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced
14. Re: Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced Sep 11, 2014, 15:54 Wildone

BRIDGE COMMANDER WITH OCULUS RIFT!!!!!!!!!!  

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
7. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 10:22 Wildone

Wonder if it'll actually be flyable this time?  

News Comments > Arkham Knight 2 in June
6. Re: Arkham Knight 2 in June Sep 8, 2014, 16:48 Wildone

For $400 you get to sleep with the Admin girl shes cute  

News Comments > Volition Reveal Friday
14. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 12:12 Wildone

FREEEESPACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEL  

2652 Comments. 133 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo