Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wanker

Real Name Wanker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wildone
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2003, 20:05
Total Comments 2832 (Senior)
User ID 19388

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs
4. Re: PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs Jul 28, 2015, 12:43 Wildone

What are they selling a hardrive?? Im confused  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Unreleased Underwater Shooter Footage
4. Re: Unreleased Underwater Shooter Footage Jul 27, 2015, 16:22 Wildone

Remember that movie 'Jaws'?! It was set in the water!  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
16. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 22, 2015, 00:21 Wildone

Just like...nature? lololololololol

Hump wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 21:16:
With every "trailer" this thing is looking less and less interesting. Every star system is simply small variations on a basic model.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
15. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 22, 2015, 00:20 Wildone

Looks and plays better than Star Citizen! lololloolololollool  

News Comments > On Star Citizen "Feature Creep" and More
30. Re: On Star Citizen Jul 21, 2015, 12:53 Wildone

0:18 a good example of the problem right there..why the fuck is he doing a motion capture shoot for S42..I know its supposed to have a story with probably cut scenes but for gods sake..wasting time on this and not on the game/core mechanics. And who's to say hes not spent a lot of time on the core mechanics though right?!?! Well..I doubt it very much...all this waste and bloat is not gonna make the dogfighting better with a mocap shoot, I promise you that.  

News Comments > On Star Citizen "Feature Creep" and More
29. Re: On Star Citizen Jul 21, 2015, 12:51 Wildone

No the reality is can they deliver, and so far it seems not. Integrating all these systems together into 1 game is impossible. The complexity of the ships alone across a network in MP? Good luck with that..let alone everything else lolloolol

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 12:44:
panbient wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 11:50:
All depends on how many other people are dealing with the camera work / video editing that has to happen to produce one of these clips. Then the costs involved with having (likely) high salaried individuals sitting in front of a camera for the perception of 'openness'. You're fooling yourself if you honestly think that clip is being open and isn't carefully structured to reinforce a specific narrative. I understand the community wanted it this way, that's fine, doesn't mean I (and likely many others) will ever think it's an efficient use of resources.
As has already been pointed out the community content is funded by subscribers, money which doesn't count towards the official total. Chris Roberts normally answers questions each week from subscribers about the game but has been busy over the UK directed the performance capture for Squadron 42 since March, so it was important for him to respond to the community concerns that have arisen. The other guy is Ben Lesnick, who is Community Manager.

Really it comes down to whether people trust Chris Roberts. Do I believe he is trying his damnedest to make the best possible game? Absolutely. Am I optimistic about the game? Sure. Do I believe he's going to hit any release date on schedule? No.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month
51. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 14:33 Wildone

Maybe they should first, then do the fancy stuff later. My god..85 Million budget?!! I expect fucking virtual star wars for that..

Parias wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 14:31:
panbient wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 14:00:
I mean really, did anyone honestly expect to not be flying around space in first person (much in the same way they did back in the day)? There is absolutely no real need for a shooter / on foot component to be attached to the product in order to feature first person perspective and gameplay.

I actually see it as a more important distintion; the fact that you're a person "inside" of a ship rather than just an arbitrary camera stuck to some cockpit position. By extension this means you can get up from your chair at any time and interact with the ship's interior, perform repairs, partake in boarding actions, etc, all seamlessly. That's what they're going for.

You don't normally see that kind of thing in space games, and that's what I'm excited about with Star Citizen -- because they're not just trying to make another space sim.

49. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 14:32 Wildone

Absolutely fucking right. The whole point of this and the promo trailer was a dude flying around in a space ship and everyone including me was like..YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then they started acquiescing to all and every 'cool idea' from the neck beards and its gone downhill from there. I've tried half a dozen times to 'fly' the ship I got and the others when they did trial, its absolutely abysmal!! And Im a hardcore 'sim anything' fan. At least Elite Dangerous for how boring it has become, nailed its core mechanics early on FFS.

Darks wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 12:09:
Personally, I could give a crap less if they have the FPS part of this gamer working. They need to concentrate of the main part of the game and get it completed instead of wasting considerable time and effort and resources on a late stretch goal that was promised.

First and foremost he needs to get the first goal they promised when this thing got started and that is the Star Citizens Space Flight sim for those of us who funded this game through KS.

This is why this game is a cluster fuck and getting all the bad press it has.

28. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 12:09 Wildone

It was something the 'fan boys' wanted without considering the implications of this all over the design and I guess Cloud Imperium where too dumb to think about it either, at any case they jumped right on it without first making a solid combat experience eh! lololololol

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 12:05:
Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 12:02:
But as a stretch goal shouldn't this have come after the, you know, actual space game is complete?
I guess the argument now is that the fps part was always a main component of the game and absolutely needed for the space game because of the boarding mechanics or whatever.

27. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 12:07 Wildone

YES...you'd think huh? They just started saying yes to every demand by the fans and we got this super bloated 'everything in space' mish mash of horseshit. They should stuck to their guns and turned out an awesome core game space dogfighting sim/game and then worried about this other stuff..

Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 12:02:
But as a stretch goal shouldn't this have come after the, you know, actual space game is complete? Did you back this for a new WC/Privateer type game or an FPS? What do you really thing the overwhelming majority backed this for? Or are we wrong? Was it most people saying 'Bleh, new WC/Privateer style game? Whatevs! I'll back if they shoe horn in an FPS though!'

25. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 12:05 Wildone

haa!! That's the rub..its supposed to be a space combat flight sim, and you'd think they'd put SOOO MUCH resources into that huh so its like the BEST experience ever??? Wrong..it feels like they put 10% effort in. Its awkward and just feels 'wrong' -again because the fan boys demanded that all the thrusters all over the ship have some point of control over its vectors..while that sounds cool N all it doesn't make it fun, so they have to come up with ways to counter the 'purists' method of control with a fake fake computer control that's supposed to turn the Newtonian physics into a semi-arcadey but 'fun' flight control, which in turn is complete bollocks and feels horrible..fuck up after fuck up.

KS wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 11:40:
Wildone wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 10:53:
Yes that was the original pitch at some point, then the german fan boys took over and wanted it to be 'everything in space' and have the ships be able to do 'everything in space' and so what you see here is a monumental spectacular failure. All the 'systems' they demand to be in each ship make it so complex and bloated they have completely lost sight of the core gameplay (which still sucks currently) and thus this debacle will go on for maybe a year longer, when people realize they still cant fly their $999 virtual spaceship with all the bells and whistles on it not workin, in a barely running small skybox..things gonna blow baby! Just watch..

harlock wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 10:03:
i thought this was a space sim

What is the core space gameplay anyway? Is it like Eve? Do you put stuff into slots?

15. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 11:10 Wildone

Oh its there. Hes so busy taking money but has no idea how to actually make a game out of all this. Its hard enough to manage 1 project in 1 studio of this size, but spread out across how many with all this bloated feature creep going on (they just cant say NO to the fan boys can they?) Its logical where this is headed, unless CW has the skill and business acumen of Steve Jobs..where else can it go?!? I hate to say it because I backed this too and the original pitch was very cool but..they lost me a long time ago.

Xero wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 10:56:
This is going to turn into the Duke Nukem Forever of kickstarters, lol

11. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 10:53 Wildone

Yes that was the original pitch at some point, then the german fan boys took over and wanted it to be 'everything in space' and have the ships be able to do 'everything in space' and so what you see here is a monumental spectacular failure. All the 'systems' they demand to be in each ship make it so complex and bloated they have completely lost sight of the core gameplay (which still sucks currently) and thus this debacle will go on for maybe a year longer, when people realize they still cant fly their $999 virtual spaceship with all the bells and whistles on it not workin, in a barely running small skybox..things gonna blow baby! Just watch..

harlock wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 10:03:
i thought this was a space sim

9. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 10:50 Wildone

HAHA!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

News Comments > Battleborn Trailers
1. Re: Battleborn Trailers Jul 17, 2015, 20:00 Wildone

TF2.

Try harder!!!! LOL

News Comments > Warren Spector Plays Deus Ex
2. Re: Warren Spector Plays Deus Ex Jul 16, 2015, 19:26 Wildone

Shoulda had him play the NEW ONE and tell them wtf they went wrong..  

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
15. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 12:56 Wildone

Wow then you better contact the developers ASAP you have figured out all their problems!!

Linksil wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 12:19:
Ran fine before patch with slight dips in fps with batmobile. After the patch haven't had a problem. I'm playing the last two missions right now.

2500k OC to 3.5ghz
770GTX 4gb
16 gigs ram
OS on SSD Game on WD Black 1tb

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Interactive Trailer
1. Re: Just Cause 3 Interactive Trailer Jul 15, 2015, 23:10 Wildone

Physics demo  

News Comments > Legacy of the Void This Winter; New StarCraft HotS Hero Revealed
3. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void This Winter; New StarCraft HotS H Jul 15, 2015, 18:27 Wildone

I thought this was done in like 1997?!? Still goin!?!?!?  

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC
28. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 14, 2015, 15:22 Wildone

Who in the hell plays split screen on PC?! Whats next people demanding it plays on their android phone too? Get the fuck out.  

2832 Comments. 142 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo