Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jack9

Real Name Jack9   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jack9
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 13, 2003, 04:23
Total Comments 30 (Suspect)
User ID 19378

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Spawn of StarCraft II
3. Re: Now you see that evil will always triumph.. because good is dumb Jun 4, 2013, 23:47 Jack9

Backpedal from pre-SC2 uproar or shrewd move to add a feature they know people want now they have all that extra room after the firings?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Defiance Renewed
24. Re: Now you see that evil will always triumph.. because good is dumb May 11, 2013, 03:08 Jack9

ViRGE wrote on May 11, 2013, 00:44:
A well seasoned sci-fi fan should be able to tell the difference between science fiction and a soap opera.
This kind of idiocy is probably why your marginal views end up here. Can't be science fiction with drama, no siree. If a show doesnt (insert random fantasy, like exploring the the impact of technology X) pander to your tastes, it's a soap opera. Amirite?
Science fiction is the branch of literature that deals with the responses of human beings to changes in science and technology - Asimov

News Comments > Defiance Renewed
10. Re: Now you see that evil will always triumph.. because good is dumb May 10, 2013, 20:29 Jack9

It's better than Haven or Warehouse 13 or Eureka or any of the half-assed scifi that was dominating TV the years before. I can't understand the undeserving vitrol Defiance is getting. There's literally nothing wrong with the show and lots of things right. If you didn't like the pilot episode, I'm not sure your opinion is in line with the general scifi audience. I had to live through the first seasons of ST:TNG. You don't know terrible son.  

News Comments > Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts
11. Re: Now you see that evil will always triumph.. because good is dumb May 2, 2013, 22:10 Jack9

dj LiTh wrote on May 2, 2013, 20:10:
I hope the game is better then the show because i've never hated a show so much.

You're saying Ghost Hunters is less hateworthy...what's wrong with you?

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Announced
3. Re: Now you see that evil will always triumph.. because good is dumb Mar 22, 2013, 22:00 Jack9

> Blizzard may be into another gold mine here.

? The freemium mobile game is an existing known goldmine. The problem is so many people enter the fray and so few succeed. Clash of Clans has dominated where Fatal Frontier flounders. The successful Freemiums don't restrict themselves to existing IP because it forces metaphorical contortions to explain game mechanics and concessions to IP holders. The innovations come from gameplay derived from original concepts that are able to capitalize on intense, but hard to recognize, social relationships people have and develop incidentally. Blizz has always done social mechanics as an afterthought, and only the lowest hanging fruit.

ActiBlizz already tried the collectible aspect and it didn't meet with the high expectations. There are a number of reasons I can see, in hindsight. The CCG is a muddled attempt to emulate the WoW universe, the game competes with WoW, and gameshops where CCGs flourish have been decimated by online offerings. The high quality of the cards and mechanics/rules had nothing to do with it and they have decided to try again.

I expect this game to run the same course as the WoWTCG. The PR bit about using new development processes and smaller teams tells us this was an experiment they can afford to let fail. Good luck though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Now you see that evil will always triumph.. because good is dumb Jan 6, 2013, 05:58 Jack9

Fraud and Drug financing are comparatively minor issues, to an unstable economy where sudden inflation, due to a credit freeze -> due to major institutions being unable to lend (in the giant credit ponzi scheme) -> cause rioting, mass starvation, and economic collapse across all major US cities. HSBC is one of the NEWER institutions that still has a good credit rating to keep other institutions afloat. Remember when HSBC first started sending out preapproved credit cards back in 2005ish?

Although Richard Wolff has a large number of talks on youtube (basically variations on the same points), he's been telling the same tale for decades and was in the meetings in NYC where federal regulators "bailed out" the financial sector in 2007 and 2008 and 2009... etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-KqeU8nzn4 - Knowing why can't help the US when the politicians are told how to vote against the public interest.

News Comments > THQ Results: InSane Cancelled
44. Re: THQ Results: InSane Cancelled Aug 7, 2012, 21:50 Jack9

I am curious to see how well the South Park game does, especially with the $60 price tag. The series isn't exactly at the peak of its popularity and given the game's relatively low production values, $60 might seem too steep for most consumers.

The fact you state it as a possibility is mind numbing. Nobody wants to pay $60 to see southpark. Period. Popular game franchises with amazing tech behind them have trouble with sequels (Prototype) and I don't see Simpson games breaking records (well...not since the multiplayer Simpsons Arcade brawler). It's just silly to put a novelty theme game at $60 nowadays unless they release it at a magical point where there's nothing else to choose from. Hell I've never heard of this Southpark one-off and I rather throw my money away on a game I'll probably never play like a HL3 preorder or Mechwarrior online.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale
35. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 20, 2012, 06:09 Jack9

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 00:33:
I don't know what the fuck a C-Bill is but I'm sure it helps you kill shit better.

C-bills are a currency. This means will clearly translate to a silver coin boost in HoN. Lemme tell you, at 3k coins per "custom avatar", no basic 2% or 10% boost will mean anything. Any % boost can be trivialized by large enough scale or "optional currency". So you're inexperienced, trolling, or legitimately stupid. These strung together concepts are not guesses, they are the landscape of modern gaming.

News Comments > EA Explains Warhammer 40K Tank Issue
17. Re: EA Explains Warhammer 40K Tank Issue Apr 14, 2012, 11:47 Jack9

DarkCntry wrote on Apr 14, 2012, 04:36:

Because it's a news blurb involving gaming on a gaming news website...........

Wait, on Friday people went to work at Games Workshop and EA, that's news? Someone found images of a WH40k units on deviantart (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=žion=&q=baneblade) - That's not news either. There's nothing there of interest, because there's nothing unusual about it. People have tried to make it interesting by appending their own spins and beliefs like it has any bearing on a non-issue.

News Comments > EA Explains Warhammer 40K Tank Issue
8. Re: EA Explains Warhammer 40K Tank Issue Apr 14, 2012, 04:24 Jack9

Is this story the least bit interesting? No. Is it the least bit surprising? No. Is there a lesson to be learned? No. Why is anyone talking about this?  

News Comments > Rise of Immortals Launches
2. Re: Rise of Immortals Launches Sep 13, 2011, 05:24 Jack9

According to some avid LoL fans I know, there is a substantial LoL following in korea which this is leveraging. I played in beta and it seemed slightly better than LoL in a few respects (standard installer instead of AIR, decent responsive controls, consistent style and small easter eggs, decent graphics). It's just starting so it's hard to tell. Most importantly, it will have servers in asia so it should do fine.  

News Comments > DOTA 2 Beta Signups
6. Re: removed Aug 18, 2011, 06:07 Jack9

Not sure if you've watched the tourney vids, but it doesn't look fun. LoL's mechanics are unique to LoL. Dota2 is not going to have any kind of incremental skill/improvements based on experience. Not for beta, not for release. Not for a long time to come. I'm not so sure it's the MOBA killer I expected. I did sign up for the beta, but I'm not convinced of any superiority.  

News Comments > Space Marine Co-op Coming Post-Release
16. Re: Space Marine Co-op Coming Post-Release Aug 10, 2011, 22:54 Jack9

I buy almost all the Warhammer Fantasy/40k themed games, but I've held off from DoW2 (I preferred DoW1). Will be buying this one in week1 as a holdover for the (super unlikely to ever see the light of day) MMO.  

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth F2P, Some Players Protest
14. Re: Heroes of Newerth F2P, Some Players Protest Aug 1, 2011, 02:31 Jack9

What a misleading title. People are upset about the OTHER changes. Early Release heroes. The confusing system for cosmetic content. Nobody cares about the F2P or the way F2P has been implemented.  

News Comments > Diablo III Interviews
19. Re: Diablo III Interviews May 13, 2011, 23:14 Jack9

Was barely satisfied with SC2 (stopped playing 6 months ago?) and D3 looks like D2 with improved graphics and truly bad character choices. Yeesh. I don't see what's so amazing about any of the "D3 videos" (stopped watching those about 2 months ago). It looks like a new generation of little kids will have something nice to say about it.  

News Comments > UnDead Online
2. Re: UnDead Online Feb 26, 2011, 19:03 Jack9

Same here. I clicked on the site, saw the style, didn't wait for the video to load.  

News Comments > Riot Games Acquired
1. Re: Riot Games Acquired Feb 6, 2011, 02:29 Jack9

> Riot Games "will retain its independent operations and its existing management team will continue to run the company

Every press release says that. It's what happens in the next 3 months, where people start "moving on" that matters.

News Comments > BlizzCon Tix on Sale
8. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Jun 3, 2010, 00:32 Jack9

Sempai wrote on Jun 2, 2010, 23:39:
Im obviously the extreme minority who thinks this "event" is a ripoff and a complete waste of my nerd time.

My friends and I had the same experiences. We all have been to actual conventions. Some suck, some are awesome. Blizzcon was BORING...25 minutes into it: "ok, that's everything", what are we gonna do for the next day and a half?

News Comments > EVE Online Tyrannis Delayed
6. Re: EVE Online Tyrannis Delayed May 15, 2010, 13:50 Jack9

Fion wrote on May 15, 2010, 11:00:
WoD is about as different from the game all those themeparks are based on (D&D) as you can get.

WoD is about as different from D&D as ultima online was. No hard classes doesn't mean classless, WoD has swords and magic but swap in machine guns for arrows. There's nothing (so far) to indicate it's going to be different. Wishful thinking is wishful.

News Comments > First BlizzCon 2009 Tickets Sell Out
8. Re: First BlizzCon 2009 Tickets Sell Out May 18, 2009, 16:11 Jack9

I went to blizzcon 2007 after hearing how great 2005 was. As an experienced conventioner (GDC, E3, Comicon, Strategicon, ORCCon, etc.), Blizzcon 2007 sucked. It was basically 15 minutes of walkthrough, then another 15 minutes of find out where all the swag was, then participate in some of the entertainment (ride the Elekk, Sumo Fight, or play WoW at a kiosk with your char in any gear) then it was basically wait for the costume event or wait for the keynote. I shoulda stayed at work. Like last year, I'm only interested in the swag and summary as there isn't much reason to physically be there (Convention Center is nearly 4 blocks from my house). PPV is perfect for this.

Note: Apropo, this year is only 2 days compared to 3 of 2007.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2009, 16:13.

30 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo