Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 562 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Leading BC2: Vietnam Battle for Hastings
44. Re: PC Leading BC2: Vietnam Battle for Hastings Dec 30, 2010, 06:57 4D-Boxing

What is wrong with the world?

Money makes a huge the diff. in PC gaming and consoles do not require skill??

lol no ipso facto here just bad logic and bad facts.

1- All platforms require skill.
2- money spent on hardware has no direct relation to usage lol
3- HD tv has a huge impact on consoles as does size of said tv (that's why kids say ..." HD baby" after taking out a foe at crazy range. Cost of tv is not a factor but size and quality are.
4- quality of pc hardware does have a huge impact but not the cost.
5- gaming on consoles and pc costs about the same. Simple math, factor in the higher price of games over the life span of the console, cost of hd tv not a factor just like pc monitor. A good pc that will play all games without a need to upgrade for the same life span will cost more initially but extra cost will be recovered buy saving 10$ per Major title over same time frame.
6- AS FOR HASTINGS, basic math people...,500 ticket rounds or 32player servers have no impact. time, demographic and alternatives explain the numbers not money or skill. We do not have the right data or environment to compare skill..and this should be beyond obvious to most.
7- it's not consoles or pc gamers that keep these stupid arguments going, it's ignorance on all sides.
8- it's all been said in ea forums, go read and if you have new facts not fuzzy politician math or logic post.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Linux UT3 Dead
3. Re: Linux UT3 Dead Dec 17, 2010, 13:05 4D-Boxing

Ah yes, oodles of community map pack developped by who? Maybe meant the oddles of mods released once the crickets took over all servers.

I played until the crickets got there and know Dances, Spidey and most of the tops players.

Ah yes ooldes of content from EPIC LOL!!!

News Comments > Crytek on PCs versus Consoles
34. Re: Crytek on PCs versus Consoles Nov 25, 2010, 19:34 4D-Boxing

Cutter said everything that needs to be said at 15:29.

Cervat Yerli went to the CliffyB fuzzymath business school.

If this was the stock market that guy would have ruined his company with such obvious nonsense.

News Comments > On Being a Small PC Publisher
11. Re: On Being a Small PC Publisher Nov 22, 2010, 17:03 4D-Boxing

Jerykk

Thanks for putting an end to that. Well done.

News Comments > Retailers Versus Steam?
56. Re: Retailers Versus Steam? Nov 11, 2010, 14:31 4D-Boxing

it represents how many PC gamers are throwing away what is great about our platform for some convenience. Auto-patching, DRM, account-based ownership, one platform with overlords...

I undertand your point but until retailers start selling and promotting PC games I'll use STEAM. Never like the service but I'm not going to give my hard earned $$ to stores that dedicate 99% of shelve space to console games and give PC games a small rack in an obscure corner of the store.

I feel no sympathywhat so ever! Just like game devs they need to give the people what they want!

I used to be able to go to the mall and try PC games at EB now I cant even find them cause the display area is so small.

News Comments > RAGE Interview
21. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 11, 2010, 15:35 4D-Boxing

What the bleep?! They do not want to optimize the graphics for the PC, they are not sure if they wanted to include "true" dedicated servers but they wont have any problems complaining about poor sales on the PC.

Go out of your way not to give the clients what they want but complain about sales later... what's going on with devs now days?!?!

I think Carmack got his oxygen mix wrong while testing his space shuttle for that so called space race. How can some one go from brilliant to not having a clue so d@mn fast?!?!

Must be that Cliffy B-boy disease!!!

Time for them to get out he game & focus on IPad & Iphone. Not a worth while title since Quake3 and this one is DOA!!!

Time for someone with deep pockets to step up and give good modders some serious $$ and get gaming back on track!!

None of these big companies have even been able to release something that rivals STALKER and that series has bugs and polish issues.

Easter Europeen devs, the market is wide open jump in and take over please!

News Comments > Ubisoft Toronto's "AAA" Ambitions
14. Re: Ubisoft Toronto's Aug 9, 2010, 18:53 4D-Boxing

Keep on dreaming UBI. Far Cry 2 was supposed to be a AAA title lol!

They might as well go console only with after the DRM fiasco and what they did to the R6 franchise.

I can't see them doing anything worth buying.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Announced
15. Re: Battlefield 3 Announced Jul 30, 2010, 21:01 4D-Boxing

Joss,

Lets not forget mod tools. I don't want those so called VIP Cr@p oops I mean map packs lol.

News Comments > StarCraft II Saved Game Problem
19. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 28, 2010, 18:37 4D-Boxing

Forge...

Like you i think this is unacceptable!

However, cars do get recalled! Was it Ford that had all the roll overs back in the days. Most manufacturer have had to recall vehicles.

Anyways, no AA now this...almost sounds like an Epic CliffyBoy creation.

News Comments > On StarCraft II Anti-aliasing
11. Re: On StarCraft II Anti-aliasing Jul 27, 2010, 11:58 4D-Boxing

Dades,

Thanks for reminding people of this old fix.
It applies to any title with the same issue and there are tools that can help fine tune AA for all card manufacturers once the fix has been applied.

Yes, there should be support out of the box but we are PC gamers we can even add widescreen support and adjust FOV when we need to. As a community we are more resourceful than any developer!

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: bluray Jul 3, 2010, 19:03 4D-Boxing

Good luck Jobs!

With ISPs putting caps on download at 10gigs, how many movies will people download? If you buy few games via dd online, the 10 gig cap becomes a prob since the ISP starts charging extra.

Now imagine renting 2 or 3 movies at a time like most do, how long will that take?

With enough cash, anyone can buy an HD tv and a blue ray player but not everyone has access to high speed internet.

blue ray is far from great but digital distribution is not ready for prime time.

News Comments > CoD: Black Ops to Feature Dedicated Servers
34. Re: CoD: Black Ops to Feature Dedicated Servers May 14, 2010, 21:01 4D-Boxing

I really dont get it. People trying to say it takes a long time to connect or find good BFBC2 servers?!

Are they on dial up? 56k lovin lol.

Come on! No need to make up stuff.

I connect just easily and as fast as in any other game using dedicated servers.

I'm an old twitch gamer, ut,quake etc.. So i enjoyed Cod4.
lets be honest MW2 PC played like cr@p online. Does mean everybody has to love BFBC2.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Patch Wednesday
19. Re: Bad Company 2 Patch Wednesday Apr 19, 2010, 18:39 4D-Boxing

I understand why many want to see the M60 nerfed but I would leave all weapons as is, but I would increase the lateral movement when using pistols, assault & light weapons. Increase it another notch if using the light weight gear.

Toe to toe an assault guy should be able to outmaneuver & take out a medic using an m60 out but it's not the case right now.

I would even make magnum ammo default for assault class only but that might be going to far.

PS. IMO increased lateral movement would permit people to get away from the m60 srpay without nerfing, even at range.

News Comments > DICE on PC Bad Company 2
19. Re: DICE on PC Bad Company 2 Mar 7, 2010, 20:54 4D-Boxing

BTW the punkbuster updates seem to help (not everybody). I did 2 manual updates. It now takes less than 10 tries to connect (10 dif servers attempted).

Despite all this, I still get 2 or 3 PB kicks a day.

News Comments > DICE on PC Bad Company 2
17. Re: DICE on PC Bad Company 2 Mar 7, 2010, 19:18 4D-Boxing

ColoradoHoudini wrote:
The fact that I can pour 15 bullets into a guy who is running at me, wielding a knife.. and he kills me

Same here until I unlocked the Aug, but the grip really helps as well when using the assault kit.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Activations: SecuROM 0, GFWL 15
36. Re: It's still SecuROM. Jan 21, 2010, 17:05 4D-Boxing

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure

Classic!

That made my day thanks!

News Comments > On the MW2 Airport Massacre
34. Re: On the MW2 Airport Massacre Nov 20, 2009, 17:20 4D-Boxing

It can't win with the closed minded, but most others who give it a chance seem to be enjoying it.

got to love the internet...

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Prypriat Aus Date
4. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Prypriat Aus Date Nov 20, 2009, 17:05 4D-Boxing

A51Abductee

I think you're right. If I think back to the discussions on tis site regarding the first 2 games & even this one, I would do the same.

That being said I'd trade Dragon Age & Borderlands for the North American version of this game without hesitation.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2009, 17:42.

News Comments > Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue
30. Re: Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue Oct 14, 2009, 18:35 4D-Boxing

Stargate is too comedic ...

The Original Stargate series to comedic?! Now that's funny!

News Comments > Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue
22. Re: Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue Oct 14, 2009, 16:19 4D-Boxing

space captain

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's not impressed with SGU.

LOL...I keep telling people I dont want to watch Days of our Lives in space...

As for the MMO, why not try to make an A+ single player game before trying to make an MMO?! Making an MMO costs lots of $$$ ...I think it's make or break when you go MMO! But then again I'm no expert...

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2009, 16:19.

562 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo