Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 580 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Update
15. Re: What is CZ Aug 12, 2004, 14:31 4D-Boxing

DDI.... yeah the marketing machine is eating up kids lol!

I hope these guys realise that everytime somwthing like this is posted online, companies send in their drones to boost the hype! Lets say for example I made Doom3 a movie, My drones would comme in here and talk about how they saw the movie and where blown away. Thus creating a wave of kids who think someone on their fav board got got to see the movie early and is giving them feedback! NOT!!! Thsi is done with movies, music, games etc... so take these comment sections with a grain of salt! The suites have learned how to used places like these to launch BS products!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source/Half-Life 2 Preloads
83. Re: No subject Aug 11, 2004, 19:33 4D-Boxing

"Anyone remember Sierra Utilities? I know it wasn't compulsory but little did we know that this was the future"

Valve Sierra is still the only one using it, I doubt it's the future. It could be but it's to early to say either way. People hate singing up to sites just to download demos or read news I have a hard time seeing these same guys jumping with joy at the site of something like this.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Chessmaster X & The Political Machine
3. Re: YAY! Aug 10, 2004, 15:27 4D-Boxing

The Political Machine.....We can now re live the 2000 coup d'etat in Florida LOL!!!!

News Comments > American McGee & Romero
17. Re: me confused! Aug 3, 2004, 13:36 4D-Boxing

"I still can't understand why people are so bitter towards Romero and Daikatana."

Well kids tend to throw tantrums when they don't get what they want then they pout, cry and bitch. Daikitana did not deliver now the kids are restless! I think Furious explained it best in his post.

News Comments > DOOM 3 at G4
37. Re: Gphoria is a weak joke Jul 30, 2004, 16:05 4D-Boxing

Oh yeah! I don't get this G4/tech TV, I've seen shjow on the community channel that where more complete than what i see on that channel. I really don't see much of a change from before, the old tech tv was just as lame. Watching that channel is like watching a Dave Chalk marathon... you just want to go behind the Wood shed with a shut gun and end the pain. The other show reviews on the run and what ever it's called with the Vic guy and the hyper dude who's always in black, man that show should have been pulled from the air a long time ago.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Hardware Guide
54. Re: AA...again Jul 29, 2004, 18:47 4D-Boxing

Ronin I agree, cranking up the res does not compare to FSAA. I just upgraded from a 2.53 fsb 533 with a 9700pro to a 3.2 fsb800 with a 800xt (being shipped) all this just to keep playing games at 1024x768 with 4x fsaa (500$ for the entire upgrade since I sold my old hardware & I had an old 1.6 norhtwood). I was able to do it until homeworld2 and Far cry came out. I can still play all the games wth al he Eye candy on but once you get used o fsaa it's hard to go back.

I've heard of some people who prefer 8x AF to 4x AA, I prefer 4x AA but it's a matter of taste. If I play a FPS online, I use 4x AA to be able to tell the snipers from jaggies.

News Comments > Playboy Guest List
14. Re: The horror...the horror Jul 27, 2004, 18:52 4D-Boxing

What is the point of this game? I imagine it will be for an adult audience, If so what for? If you are over 19 years of age you can get in any strip bar or hooters and see way better stuff! I guess this game targets the people who are easily influenced by TV, they hear playboy the assume it's the best.The truth is that you can see better looking women for free online and they don't have that playboy 1980 hair style! I just hope they include Bill Cosby in there, from what i saw on A&E he used to spend alot of his free time in those parties lol!

News Comments > DOOM 3 Benchmarks Follow-up
89. Re: Jul 24, 2004, 22:19 4D-Boxing

"Shit, what the hell does any of it matter, as long as ATI keeps releasing drivers full of graphical glitches? It happens -EVERY SINGLE TIME-. "

Ignorance is bliss! I bet this guy does not even own an ATI card and he dares say B.S. like this. I've had a 9700pro since 5 months after it was released and I've never even had a single graphical glitch or any glitch what so ever. Anyways if you cant set up a PC correctly by an X-BOX but don't spread B.S. about bad drivers. That story died years ago. It's like saying you can't play FPS on a console cause they only use gamepads, everybody knows that's BS cause you can buy a mouse and keyboard for most consoles. Anyways I'll let this MyRealName Troll get back to hunting for forums to spread his ignorance.

These guys talk like Nvidia is their god and that somehow by spreading the Nvidia gospal they'll get a job or freebies lol! All these Box vs Ps2 ATI vs Nvidia or PC vs Consoles is a waist of time. Just enjoy the hardware and the price drops that result from stiff competion. Learn to govern your passions and you wont end up like Matt Burris from 3DGPU, the guy went crazy in his own forum after the geforce FX came out!

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 22:20.

News Comments > Crytek and EA
27. Re: Re UBI SOFT Jul 23, 2004, 13:10 4D-Boxing

Raven shield came out perfect to lol! I guess things are going from bad to worst. I can't remeber the last good thing to come out of EA. Probably BF1942 after the patching was done. The last 2 NFS with the handfull of tracks was not my cup of tea, love NFS but need tracks and not just mixing up a few tracks like was done in HP2 and underground. Bottom line I agree with those who say don't get your hopes up when it comes to futur cryteck games unless you own an x-box or a ps2 wich is not a bad thing if you're a console guy!

With the story about the guys trying to leave UBI for EA and now this maybe UBI will wake up and listen to the community. I doubt it, and that's why we've seen so many companies fold these past few years. I can see UBI not showing much growth for the next few years and being bought out by MS!

News Comments > Far Cry Patch
35. Re: PS 3/0 Jul 21, 2004, 15:02 4D-Boxing

well said Protoz. The only way PS3 will be needed is if the engine used to make far cry becomes widely used by games devs. With HL2 and Doom3 taking all the hype I doubt it will happen.

News Comments > Far Cry Patch
29. Re: PS 3/0 Jul 21, 2004, 14:21 4D-Boxing

directX 9.0c can be downloaded with the beta version of service pack 2. File name xpsp2_2162_IANAG

Got this on the 18th.

To UBI...don't pull off another raven shield, release an SDK or kill the idea so people can move on.

News Comments > Joint Ops Patch
13. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2004, 12:57 4D-Boxing

I think that was one of their features, then again I'm on my way to pick up the game. I figure this where all the DC players migrated to. I can see how the physics or lack of physics could be a problem for someone who been into team based vehucular wafare for a long time. I saw a review on TV where they showed a guy landing a chopper upside down on top of a tank lol! I just switched from deathmatch to DC an never really bother with the vehicules, in other words for a FPS newbie like myself it should be perfect!

News Comments > Far Cry Patch News
24. Re: Who cares? Jul 16, 2004, 07:29 4D-Boxing

With UBI i think it should be expected. They are making big bucks on the console side so the pc side is pretty much dead. I think people are still waiting for their Raven sheild SDK!! Now the rest of the world can see why people from UBI montreal are running to the new EA Montreal offices! From this point on I think it's safe to assume that UBI is an X-Box game developer.

News Comments > Derek Smart and Freespace 3?
79. Re: US Constitution Jul 15, 2004, 23:41 4D-Boxing

I'm not to worried about Freespace3, Smart can have it! After Freespace2 I don't care anymore. No joystick no love... even with the patch...

R.I.P. Wing commander series!!!

News Comments > French WBC3 Patch
2. Re: What did they add? Jul 12, 2004, 12:24 4D-Boxing

No that option was added to the new BF mod! The one based in west Africa ...where the US marines are stationed on a carrier a few miles of the coast and they watch the locals get killed then they go to shore hit the US embassy get the employees out and watch the locals pile dead bodies at the gates of the embassy. And then the Marines turn tail and run!

Despite the fact that French civilians in an entire town put their lives in danger and hide 5000 Jews while their town was occupied the French are still depicted as cowards. That is based on incidents during WW2 but my little story is based on stories that happened after 2000!!!!!

If you are going to make fun of France do it right! Make fun of the fact that they are racist state with racist laws not BS about courage! Yeah I Do not like France, I've seen first hand how minorities are treated over there!

Anyways that's enough for today’s class, I'll let you kids absorb the knowledge.

News Comments > Universal Combat Expansion
54. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 16:06 4D-Boxing

"Ah yes, a typical news day at the [hog] farm for 'tards."

No wonder this title went straight to the bargain bin! Now that's marketing. This is the kind of developers all publishers dream of having. Why a grown man would post such nonsense is beyond me. This is what you call professionalism. His behavior explains why he had to pretend to have a PHD. If as a business man and a developer he post stuff like this it's safe to assume he could never make it through a PHD program.

News Comments > Joint Operations Patch
13. Re: Bleh. Jul 7, 2004, 18:29 4D-Boxing

" I don't understand the question... what camping?"
Like I said I donot own the game, in other words this is all based on ehat people have said in here and in reviews.

"The last-but-not-least element that keeps the game from breaking through to something consistently fun is, ironically, the way vehicles are set up. In addition to having no tanks or planes, only the attack chopper lets you operate the vehicle and shoot things at the same time. Everything else is like driving an extremely death-prone bus. And the Stinger and AT4 launchers are so powerful that the passenger vehicles become killboxes if you dare stay inside for more than a minute.............Nerf the snipers and add some attack vehicles, and it could be a real barn stormer. " from one review.

Some people complained about camping so I brought it up. As to the question of hoe a vehicule could help, simple a fast moving jeep with a gun mounted on it could help someone get to a sniper while being to fast to hit. Thisis just an example.

As for your other questions. "Not sure what you are looking for in regards to fixes"

From another review: "With that said, Joint Operations is already a great game with still more potential for improvement. When it really gets going, it's an exhilarating game of modern combat, albeit one that's also weighed down with some bugs and gameplay issues. For what it's worth, the same was true of Battlefield 1942 when it shipped, though that game's growing pains seem long forgotten by now."
Most reviews i've read have a comment similar to this one.

Since you've had a great experience with the game I assume that th earlier pathes helped and that the game is worth buying.

11. Re: Bleh. Jul 7, 2004, 14:48 4D-Boxing

I thought the last patch fixed te router insues. At least that was what pepole where saying in here after testing the last patch. How much gameplay isues does this fix? Any sign of new vehicules to offset the camping? I don't own the game I just want to know how much has been fix, I decided to wait before buying like i did with BF... once BF was patched good I bought the game same should happen with JO if they do a good job.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Movies
32. Re: Jul 6, 2004, 16:46 4D-Boxing

Don't worry about those guys, they will be the ones standing in line with their mom or big brother to buy the game cause of it's rating!

2. Re: Another one? Jul 5, 2004, 17:25 4D-Boxing

last patch destroyed ATI rendering this one fixes it. At leat that"s what I've heard. Yeah new patch.

580 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo