Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 571 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: The Sims 2
14. Re: Here you go Sep 17, 2004, 11:41 4D-Boxing

Weird, even on TV this week there was a guy saying the sims was like playing dolls! I've never played the game so i can't juge but it's odd that this comparaison is often made. In a way i can see why, you don't exacly make yur lego characters go to work, date, have kids and all that stuff. Even Action figures are usualy not used for that kind of gameplay unless your little sister kidnaps GI Joe and forces him to marry Barbie!!!

I used to take the legos to build a forteress to protect My Joe's from the Pink Vette during drive by LOL. Then again that was over 20 years ago maybe nowdays boys play differently.

Anyways I hope the sims keeps selling well, maybe someday we will see some of their AI developements get used in other game types.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Nears
14. Re: Sep 17, 2004, 11:27 4D-Boxing

To say that this game is similar to ut2k4 is lika saying UT2k3 is the same as raven shield cause their FPS games. Other than the engine and therefore the colors I don't see any similarities. The weapons are much better, the vehicules alot more interesting even though we did not get to use them in the demo. The ability to deploy objetcs even repair them, heal your team repair some structures etc.. As for the demo, come on now! Even if i did not watch the intro i knew the level in the demo was not representative of the single player game. Come on it's not that hard to figure out! There are even 2 gameplay footage floating arround that make that clear!

I've played the demo and I can't wait to pick up the full game! Online multiplayer will be amazing.

One question, I thought i read somewhere that you could use the grappling hook to latch on to flying vehicules and get dragged behind... If so does this mean we will be able to shoot while holdind on?

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 11:28.

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance SP Demo
44. Re: For what it's worth Sep 11, 2004, 18:07 4D-Boxing

The trail on the packs needs to go!!! Even though it would help guys like me who sucked at tribes2, I would prefer to see them gone. No color coded trails Please! Looking forward to the game I don't see the UT2k similarities others have talked about except for the game engine.

I did not bother buying UT2k4 or BF:V but this one looks interesting!

News Comments > Gold - Full Spectrum Warrior
6. Re: Sep 9, 2004, 16:01 4D-Boxing

...you could have just kept your opinion to yourself.

LOL the comment section is for posting comments! This means people can come in here and say the game looks like it will be incredible or bash the game! I can see how the guys comments can bother you since the PC version is not out yet and it's impossible to review a game just by looking at screenshots.

Bottom line, unless this site based in a communist country everyone can voice their opinions, comments, jokes whatever. This is the internet, and we are in gaming site so don't expect a case study on the pros and cons of 3rd person gaming!

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Approaches
53. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2004, 00:18 4D-Boxing

I suckrd at tribes 2 but thanks to the sensor jammers I ended up loving the game. To bad about the command console.

News Comments > Halo Patch
8. Re: This you need to explain to me Sep 7, 2004, 17:53 4D-Boxing

3 years ago; the game was OK. Just OK! Not even close to being great!

News Comments > Star Trek MMORPG
43. Re: Update Please! Sep 7, 2004, 15:53 4D-Boxing

I'm to anti-social to play MMO games but with the right amount of polish, past innovations and gamer ideas this could work well. I would love to see a FPS/space sim/RPG type of gameplay. You could sart off on the ground with FPS/RPG gameplay recruit a party, then pay for a trip on a cargo ship to travel or buy a ship. Instead of having a party of real peopple you would have squad that you could control " A La" rainbow six. If you want to join up with other player, then you just have your squad and the other guys squad. All characters should be eble to tweak their skills like in an RPG.

If you end up buying a ship, I would like to se the Brige commader single player approach used in multiplayer. Your Squad takes care of the diff stations (tactical etc..) You just point and click like in brige commander to issue order or select sub systems to target, but i would like the fighting to be like the single player fighting in Brige commader and people who join you party have their own ships and crew composed of their squad. Small ships like shuttles can be piloted via joystick.

Anyways that's my ideal trek game. Deformable terrain, the ability to fly from atmosphere to space without any transitions or cut scenes and a good damage model would be a must. Good to see another non D&D men in tigghts chassing Hobbits type of MMO game.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
25. Re: TechReport ATI drivers in Doom3 Aug 30, 2004, 14:03 4D-Boxing

Zathrus well said! If only everyone in here read the article we would not have so many BS comments.
We have guys like "MyRealName" who obviously did not read the article before posting their comments. We have the superstar "Ratty" who does not know how to set up a PC for gaming talking about Dell forums lol!!!! Dells are boufgt by people wjo don't know how to install drivers or setup a pc, families with young kids and old people who don't know how to use a PC. Dell forums are hardly the place to juge hardware?!?!?

We saw issues with Nvidia and Far cry months ago and they got fixed we saw issues like this concerning Nvidia and/or ATI for the past 3 years. Some people still react like they just saw JFK get shot!

This reminds me of the little looser on tech tv who keeps saying he won't touch intel stuff ever just AMD. If you are that close minded and proud of it, time to make humanity a favor and jump of a cliff!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Preloads Steam Ahead
82. Re: Pff what's great about STEAM anyway Aug 27, 2004, 11:21 4D-Boxing

Eldaron Imotholin, that's it take them to school EL! On a side note I thought i read in here less than a year ago that steam killed a CPL event, the entire thing was called off and the CS guys had to go home or get their parents to come and pick them up. I might be wrong but that's the last I heard about steam lol!

News Comments > BF: Vietnam WW2 Mod Friday
13. Re: No subject Aug 18, 2004, 14:53 4D-Boxing

I would not get ny hopes up for GR2. Nothing wrong with consoles, I want to make that clear. They are great machines. Professional said it best!

UBI owns redstorm now so the good old days of kick @ss pc games from redstorm ended. Last night I watched an old gaming show. They had a guy from UBI showing off splinter cell GBA. The guy clearly said that because they wanted to release the game on all platforms at once they did not get to finish it, but they still put it out for people to buy! TO the UBI guy it seemed like no big deal and business as usual as he was saying that the multiplayer side had been left un-finished. Anyways shows you what the mentality at UBI is like!

Like EA and MS UBI will be arround for a long time making good console games but not good pc games!

News Comments > C-S: Source Beta News, H-L 2 Coupon Warning
17. Re: what Aug 13, 2004, 13:14 4D-Boxing

zuul where do you live? Here in Ontario Canada there are plenty of x800 xt PE actually that's all there is the 800pro are in back order and have been for months. A month ago the 800xt PE had a 2 week back order but that ended quick. I might have been lucky but I got my x800 xt 2 weeks ago no wait, maybe cause ATI is a 3 hour drive from here?! Anyways both cards are excellent the geforce6800 ultra is faster in doom3 and opengl games I imagine and the rest is pretty much even 50 or 10 fps either way. I picked the x800 xt PE just because it was $650/700 canadian and the 6800ultra was $775 canadian just enough to saving to buy another gig of ram. Competition did not drive the prices down but we sure got 2 kick @ss prodicts to chose from! The 9700pro that i sold a month ago wa my best upgrade ever but these 2 cards have even more potential depending on how fast the graphics technology moves for the next 3 years.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 13:16.

News Comments > Steam Update
15. Re: What is CZ Aug 12, 2004, 14:31 4D-Boxing

DDI.... yeah the marketing machine is eating up kids lol!

I hope these guys realise that everytime somwthing like this is posted online, companies send in their drones to boost the hype! Lets say for example I made Doom3 a movie, My drones would comme in here and talk about how they saw the movie and where blown away. Thus creating a wave of kids who think someone on their fav board got got to see the movie early and is giving them feedback! NOT!!! Thsi is done with movies, music, games etc... so take these comment sections with a grain of salt! The suites have learned how to used places like these to launch BS products!

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source/Half-Life 2 Preloads
83. Re: No subject Aug 11, 2004, 19:33 4D-Boxing

"Anyone remember Sierra Utilities? I know it wasn't compulsory but little did we know that this was the future"

Valve Sierra is still the only one using it, I doubt it's the future. It could be but it's to early to say either way. People hate singing up to sites just to download demos or read news I have a hard time seeing these same guys jumping with joy at the site of something like this.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Chessmaster X & The Political Machine
3. Re: YAY! Aug 10, 2004, 15:27 4D-Boxing

The Political Machine.....We can now re live the 2000 coup d'etat in Florida LOL!!!!

News Comments > American McGee & Romero
17. Re: me confused! Aug 3, 2004, 13:36 4D-Boxing

"I still can't understand why people are so bitter towards Romero and Daikatana."

Well kids tend to throw tantrums when they don't get what they want then they pout, cry and bitch. Daikitana did not deliver now the kids are restless! I think Furious explained it best in his post.

News Comments > DOOM 3 at G4
37. Re: Gphoria is a weak joke Jul 30, 2004, 16:05 4D-Boxing

Oh yeah! I don't get this G4/tech TV, I've seen shjow on the community channel that where more complete than what i see on that channel. I really don't see much of a change from before, the old tech tv was just as lame. Watching that channel is like watching a Dave Chalk marathon... you just want to go behind the Wood shed with a shut gun and end the pain. The other show reviews on the run and what ever it's called with the Vic guy and the hyper dude who's always in black, man that show should have been pulled from the air a long time ago.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Hardware Guide
54. Re: AA...again Jul 29, 2004, 18:47 4D-Boxing

Ronin I agree, cranking up the res does not compare to FSAA. I just upgraded from a 2.53 fsb 533 with a 9700pro to a 3.2 fsb800 with a 800xt (being shipped) all this just to keep playing games at 1024x768 with 4x fsaa (500$ for the entire upgrade since I sold my old hardware & I had an old 1.6 norhtwood). I was able to do it until homeworld2 and Far cry came out. I can still play all the games wth al he Eye candy on but once you get used o fsaa it's hard to go back.

I've heard of some people who prefer 8x AF to 4x AA, I prefer 4x AA but it's a matter of taste. If I play a FPS online, I use 4x AA to be able to tell the snipers from jaggies.

News Comments > Playboy Guest List
14. Re: The horror...the horror Jul 27, 2004, 18:52 4D-Boxing

What is the point of this game? I imagine it will be for an adult audience, If so what for? If you are over 19 years of age you can get in any strip bar or hooters and see way better stuff! I guess this game targets the people who are easily influenced by TV, they hear playboy the assume it's the best.The truth is that you can see better looking women for free online and they don't have that playboy 1980 hair style! I just hope they include Bill Cosby in there, from what i saw on A&E he used to spend alot of his free time in those parties lol!

News Comments > DOOM 3 Benchmarks Follow-up
89. Re: Jul 24, 2004, 22:19 4D-Boxing

"Shit, what the hell does any of it matter, as long as ATI keeps releasing drivers full of graphical glitches? It happens -EVERY SINGLE TIME-. "

Ignorance is bliss! I bet this guy does not even own an ATI card and he dares say B.S. like this. I've had a 9700pro since 5 months after it was released and I've never even had a single graphical glitch or any glitch what so ever. Anyways if you cant set up a PC correctly by an X-BOX but don't spread B.S. about bad drivers. That story died years ago. It's like saying you can't play FPS on a console cause they only use gamepads, everybody knows that's BS cause you can buy a mouse and keyboard for most consoles. Anyways I'll let this MyRealName Troll get back to hunting for forums to spread his ignorance.

These guys talk like Nvidia is their god and that somehow by spreading the Nvidia gospal they'll get a job or freebies lol! All these Box vs Ps2 ATI vs Nvidia or PC vs Consoles is a waist of time. Just enjoy the hardware and the price drops that result from stiff competion. Learn to govern your passions and you wont end up like Matt Burris from 3DGPU, the guy went crazy in his own forum after the geforce FX came out!

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 22:20.

News Comments > Crytek and EA
27. Re: Re UBI SOFT Jul 23, 2004, 13:10 4D-Boxing

Raven shield came out perfect to lol! I guess things are going from bad to worst. I can't remeber the last good thing to come out of EA. Probably BF1942 after the patching was done. The last 2 NFS with the handfull of tracks was not my cup of tea, love NFS but need tracks and not just mixing up a few tracks like was done in HP2 and underground. Bottom line I agree with those who say don't get your hopes up when it comes to futur cryteck games unless you own an x-box or a ps2 wich is not a bad thing if you're a console guy!

With the story about the guys trying to leave UBI for EA and now this maybe UBI will wake up and listen to the community. I doubt it, and that's why we've seen so many companies fold these past few years. I can see UBI not showing much growth for the next few years and being bought out by MS!

571 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo