Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 562 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > 3DMark05 Released
59. Re: My score Sep 30, 2004, 17:46 4D-Boxing

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 17:49.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TRIBES: Vengeance MP Demo
53. Re: Back to Joint Ops Sep 30, 2004, 16:36 4D-Boxing

Sorry...but it definitely feels and looks like UT on Jetpacks to me. Been there done that.

LOL If we where to ask you to articulate how & why TV feels like UT you would have nothing to say! Are the weapons anything like the UT weapons? Are the vehicules anything like the UT ones? No so how is gameplay similar to UT? Can you deploy objetc in UT? Can you change armor types in UT?

In every TV thread some kid says it but up to now none can explain their comment.

News Comments > 3DMark05 Released
17. Re: What Is Possible? Sep 29, 2004, 12:41 4D-Boxing

might just be cause they are made here in canada but x800 tx cards are easy to find arround here. In the major urban centers at least.

News Comments > TRIBES Demo Update
14. Re: It's all about the netcode Sep 25, 2004, 13:38 4D-Boxing

DangerDog try turning down the shadows. I had the same problem and setting the shadows on medium and the rest to max detail fixed it for me.

News Comments > Pirate Ships Ahoy - Port Royale 2
8. Re: YARGH! Sep 23, 2004, 16:39 4D-Boxing

I do not know what is more troubling SoF or this Title. It's like a WW2 game staring the Nazis. Is this the game where you can raid the beach kidnape slaves and force them to work your ships? Anyways i'll let your history teachers do the rest.

Talking about SoF, MArgaret Thatcher's son got busted with his gang of SoF trying to take over an African country lol!! Tatcher in an African jail, good luck sonny! The people still remember the past!

Anyways time to let you guys complain about my posting and educational comment on a gaming board, have fun kids!

P.S. Start by attacking my spelling my english is rusty and i did not feel like using a spell checker.

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Gold
18. Re: w00t! Sep 22, 2004, 00:42 4D-Boxing

sauron, you're just like me lol! I really don't get it, i'm good at every game I pick up but this one ouch! Kind of like Volley ball 15 years ago, I was on all the other sports team at school but I just sucked at volley ball for some reason.

Anyways there is just something about this game that just get me hooked! I guess i'll get back to the beta ... time to play defense and pick up some scrap kills cheap but fun!

News Comments > DOOM 3 Demo
98. Re: A warning - Doom 3 is Quake 2 Sep 19, 2004, 23:10 4D-Boxing

Far cry is supposed to have real good AI, at least that's what some reviewers say. Doom3 AI or lack of AI is just not acceptable in 2004. This phenomenon is the main reason I play online more aften every year.... at least human players even the bad ones offer some kind challenge.

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Nears
45. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2004, 16:27 4D-Boxing

Gandhi if you can not see the diff between a hardcore fan and fanboy it's probably time to move on to another web site! I consider myself a Hardcore boxing fan, and still have a life. If their is a good fight during the weekend i'll tape it, go out with the wife and watch the fight on week night. If all the hardcore fans where fanboys we would see alot homless guys living in boxes outside of sport stadiums with season tickets!

IT's like watching the race for the white house in here, when you can't counter the other guys arguments or message people try to discredit the messenger with name calling and after that guys will start distorting facts.

Assez perdu de temps a discutez avec des enfants!

43. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2004, 16:15 4D-Boxing

Similar to XMP?! Have you fired any of the guns or driven any of the vehicules? Have you tired the multiplayer beta?
.......Well you've tried the beta and you can not see the diff between the vehicules or the weapons and their effects compared to xmp? This reminds me of a guy I went to university with, to him a powder bleu shirt is the same as a dark bleu shirt cause their both bleu. To him variations in shade are not big enough a diff to say the shirts are different!

As for the feel argument well LOL! In other words because it uses the unreal engine and it's in the future it feels like UT?! SO I imagine that DC, MOH, BF:V, Bf 1942, COD, JO, Raven shield all feel the same to some of you.

I just downloaded the beta, What a pain!!!! Signed up to file planet just to wait 30 min before the download starts and it took 1hour and 40 min to download on my DSL connection. It's like i was punished for signing up! First and last time I use that service! I miss the good old 3dfiles.com days, quick painless downloads.

Anyways time for me to move on, I doubt any of those guys will be able to articulate their Tribes V is similar to UT2Kx theory.

26. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2004, 12:10 4D-Boxing

Back in 91 i played a game called wolfenstein some say that it laid the ground work for all the FPS that followed. Does this mean that BF:1942 is similar to Wolfenstein? NO! Tribes laid the ground work for other team fps with vehicules does that mean that HAlo, BF, and any games with vehicules is a tribes clone? NO! I wish one of these guys that says this game is like UT2K4 wih jetpacks could articulate what they mean cause up to now nothing has been said show these similarities.

Thanks for the info ZigZang. Time for me to turn of the phone send the Wife shopping and play all night!

21. Re: Sep 17, 2004, 11:43 4D-Boxing

is there a multiplayer demo?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: The Sims 2
14. Re: Here you go Sep 17, 2004, 11:41 4D-Boxing

Weird, even on TV this week there was a guy saying the sims was like playing dolls! I've never played the game so i can't juge but it's odd that this comparaison is often made. In a way i can see why, you don't exacly make yur lego characters go to work, date, have kids and all that stuff. Even Action figures are usualy not used for that kind of gameplay unless your little sister kidnaps GI Joe and forces him to marry Barbie!!!

I used to take the legos to build a forteress to protect My Joe's from the Pink Vette during drive by LOL. Then again that was over 20 years ago maybe nowdays boys play differently.

Anyways I hope the sims keeps selling well, maybe someday we will see some of their AI developements get used in other game types.

14. Re: Sep 17, 2004, 11:27 4D-Boxing

To say that this game is similar to ut2k4 is lika saying UT2k3 is the same as raven shield cause their FPS games. Other than the engine and therefore the colors I don't see any similarities. The weapons are much better, the vehicules alot more interesting even though we did not get to use them in the demo. The ability to deploy objetcs even repair them, heal your team repair some structures etc.. As for the demo, come on now! Even if i did not watch the intro i knew the level in the demo was not representative of the single player game. Come on it's not that hard to figure out! There are even 2 gameplay footage floating arround that make that clear!

I've played the demo and I can't wait to pick up the full game! Online multiplayer will be amazing.

One question, I thought i read somewhere that you could use the grappling hook to latch on to flying vehicules and get dragged behind... If so does this mean we will be able to shoot while holdind on?

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 11:28.

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance SP Demo
44. Re: For what it's worth Sep 11, 2004, 18:07 4D-Boxing

The trail on the packs needs to go!!! Even though it would help guys like me who sucked at tribes2, I would prefer to see them gone. No color coded trails Please! Looking forward to the game I don't see the UT2k similarities others have talked about except for the game engine.

I did not bother buying UT2k4 or BF:V but this one looks interesting!

News Comments > Gold - Full Spectrum Warrior
6. Re: Sep 9, 2004, 16:01 4D-Boxing

...you could have just kept your opinion to yourself.

LOL the comment section is for posting comments! This means people can come in here and say the game looks like it will be incredible or bash the game! I can see how the guys comments can bother you since the PC version is not out yet and it's impossible to review a game just by looking at screenshots.

Bottom line, unless this site based in a communist country everyone can voice their opinions, comments, jokes whatever. This is the internet, and we are in gaming site so don't expect a case study on the pros and cons of 3rd person gaming!

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Approaches
53. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2004, 00:18 4D-Boxing

I suckrd at tribes 2 but thanks to the sensor jammers I ended up loving the game. To bad about the command console.

News Comments > Halo Patch
8. Re: This you need to explain to me Sep 7, 2004, 17:53 4D-Boxing

3 years ago; the game was OK. Just OK! Not even close to being great!

News Comments > Star Trek MMORPG
43. Re: Update Please! Sep 7, 2004, 15:53 4D-Boxing

I'm to anti-social to play MMO games but with the right amount of polish, past innovations and gamer ideas this could work well. I would love to see a FPS/space sim/RPG type of gameplay. You could sart off on the ground with FPS/RPG gameplay recruit a party, then pay for a trip on a cargo ship to travel or buy a ship. Instead of having a party of real peopple you would have squad that you could control " A La" rainbow six. If you want to join up with other player, then you just have your squad and the other guys squad. All characters should be eble to tweak their skills like in an RPG.

If you end up buying a ship, I would like to se the Brige commader single player approach used in multiplayer. Your Squad takes care of the diff stations (tactical etc..) You just point and click like in brige commander to issue order or select sub systems to target, but i would like the fighting to be like the single player fighting in Brige commader and people who join you party have their own ships and crew composed of their squad. Small ships like shuttles can be piloted via joystick.

Anyways that's my ideal trek game. Deformable terrain, the ability to fly from atmosphere to space without any transitions or cut scenes and a good damage model would be a must. Good to see another non D&D men in tigghts chassing Hobbits type of MMO game.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
25. Re: TechReport ATI drivers in Doom3 Aug 30, 2004, 14:03 4D-Boxing

Zathrus well said! If only everyone in here read the article we would not have so many BS comments.
We have guys like "MyRealName" who obviously did not read the article before posting their comments. We have the superstar "Ratty" who does not know how to set up a PC for gaming talking about Dell forums lol!!!! Dells are boufgt by people wjo don't know how to install drivers or setup a pc, families with young kids and old people who don't know how to use a PC. Dell forums are hardly the place to juge hardware?!?!?

We saw issues with Nvidia and Far cry months ago and they got fixed we saw issues like this concerning Nvidia and/or ATI for the past 3 years. Some people still react like they just saw JFK get shot!

This reminds me of the little looser on tech tv who keeps saying he won't touch intel stuff ever just AMD. If you are that close minded and proud of it, time to make humanity a favor and jump of a cliff!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Preloads Steam Ahead
82. Re: Pff what's great about STEAM anyway Aug 27, 2004, 11:21 4D-Boxing

Eldaron Imotholin, that's it take them to school EL! On a side note I thought i read in here less than a year ago that steam killed a CPL event, the entire thing was called off and the CS guys had to go home or get their parents to come and pick them up. I might be wrong but that's the last I heard about steam lol!

562 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo