Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 583 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Update
14. Re: Just backed it UP!!!!!!! Nov 9, 2004, 17:23 4D-Boxing

Will CS have new maps? or just the old maps remade with the new engine?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Just backed it UP!!!!!!! Nov 9, 2004, 16:24 4D-Boxing

Quan..I was just joking no game should ever have that effect on people, at least hope not... Well maybe Eversmack 2 though i never understood how people got so caught up with the first one.

A good night out with my wife is always better than any gaming experience

7. Re: Just backed it UP!!!!!!! Nov 9, 2004, 10:35 4D-Boxing

Is the Hype gone on what could be the greatest PC game ever made???

LOL! Looking at the amount of pre-orders & the commercials that say the most anticipated game ever.

I doubt the hype is gone.... it's the calm before the storm. Once that game comes out guys are gonna dispear until x-mas. Wives & girlfriends will walk out ....

News Comments > Gold - Need for Speed Underground 2
7. Re: hmmmm. Nov 8, 2004, 16:48 4D-Boxing

Also, I got tired of the same tracks over and over.

Same here. Why can't they just include the entire track selection from the previous versions plus some new ones? I played the first two almost every day for a few years but now I wonít touch any NFS games unless they include good tracks & good physics. I know most people would disagree but I prefer the segmented races they had in the first nfs. I like doing laps but not with these new tracks, it's like they only have 4 or 5 tracks.

I imagine when they say 5 neighborhoods it means the game will have 5 tracks but they will interconnect them to give the illusion of having more tracks....Well that does not work.

When EA makes a game they dig into their game knowledge base & use previous games as bleu prints. So don't expect things to change soon even with new staff, they all use the same base to create their games depending on the genre.

Put all the old maps or don't release it at all. My force feedback steering wheel is gathering dust now. Maybe that FIA game might give a reason not to sell my wheel.

IF not, I guess Iíll have to learn to love Rally games.

News Comments > Dragon's Lair III Announced & Demo
13. Re: No subject Nov 6, 2004, 19:47 4D-Boxing

Oh man the Karate game with 2 sticks!!! That game was incredible for it's time. I remember sneeking into the basement of a night club just to play that game after the local arcade closed got shut down. Well until my friends mom caught us.

Gaming sure has changed ...went from a vic20 & gorf when i got into gaming & now we play on 2 gigahertz plus machines with crazy video cards.

News Comments > Dragon's Lair III Announced & Demo
11. Re: No subject Nov 6, 2004, 19:11 4D-Boxing

I always preferred spending my quarters on "Joust"

Same here! My brother finished that one and the space one back in the days, he even finised the PC version that came out in the late 80s. After palying titles like Joust, Defender, Zaxxon it wa almost impossible for me to get into dragon's lair.

Do you guys remember Karateka .. the karate side scroller game ... at the end you save the girl & if you where still in attack mode she kicked you and you died!!!! LOL after spending an hour getting to the end getting beat like that almost made me throw my apple 2c out the window!

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 19:12.

News Comments > FlatOut Out
20. Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nov 5, 2004, 20:06 4D-Boxing

Thanks Hump!

News Comments > FlatOut Out
13. Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nov 5, 2004, 17:34 4D-Boxing

Off topic:

Does anyone know the name of the utility that kind of looks like ICQ but is used to to keep a buddy list for gamers, you can follow your friends to a server etc... I think it's called fire something not sure.

I've seen articles on it on this site but i just can't remember the name.

News Comments > Gold - Terrorist Takedown
53. Re: No subject Nov 5, 2004, 11:45 4D-Boxing

I grew up in a small town in atlantic canada in the 80s... back then we had at least a douzen stores to chose from to buy clothes. Now in 2004 there is only 2 stores. This change happened in the span of a year. My father who just retired this past summer..told me "now that this big chains is here there is only one store in town where you can buy socks " All the familly stores are gone ....in other words if you want to work in my home town now, you either work at the Hospital, school, or that big retail chain.

This guy says Wal MArt is a good thing, but he will be the first one to complain about homeless jobless people asking him for change when he walks down the street. Kind of like the people who cry year after year for tax cuts and complain about youth crime... but they do not want to pay for after school programs or any type of program that would take kids of the street. It's taxes that finance all those programs & cops.

It's basically pointless to debate something like this with someone who has a limited understanding of free market economics & finances.

Demand determines what stores offer. If Wal-Mart does not offer what comsumers want, it will either change to start offering it or consumers will go elsewhere.

That is exactly the problem, there is no elswhere! Everyone else shuts down. Time to check out the reality on the groud & stop watching Lou Dobbs money line. A nation can not survive buy just having larger chains, it needs small & medium size companies to keep the economy rolling.

Small firms:

Represent more than 99.7 percent of all employers.

Employ more than half of all private sector employees.

Pay 44.5 percent of total U.S. private payroll.

Generate 60 to 80 percent of net new jobs annually.

Create more than 50 percent of nonfarm private gross domestic product (GDP).

Supplied 22.8 percent of the total value of federal prime contracts (about $50 billion) in FY 2001.

Produce 13 to 14 times more patents per employee than large patenting firms. These patents are twice as likely as large firm patents to be among the one percent most cited.

Are employers of 39 percent of high tech workers (such as scientists, engineers, and computer workers).

Are 53 percent home-based and 3 percent franchises.

Made up 97 percent of all identified exporters and produced 29 percent of the known export value in FY 2001.

Sources: U.S. Bureau of the Census; Advocacy-funded research by Joel Popkin and Company (Research Summary #211); Federal Procurement Data System; Advocacy-funded research by CHI Research, Inc. (Research Summary #225); Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Survey; U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration italic text

News Comments > Gold - Terrorist Takedown
29. Re: No subject Nov 4, 2004, 18:31 4D-Boxing

As evident by the moronic comments in this thread, many Americans today aren't willing to even inconvenience themselves, let alone make a personal sacrifice, for the protection or liberation of anyone else.

It's understandable considering that that the gov. does not care about protecting or liberating anyone. You just need to flash some cash and democracy & freedom don't mean a thing. China used to be the big bad evil enemy... Remember the jet slamming into a US recon plane et US soldiers being held in china?! How about the Tianan'men Square masacre? Now that China has opened it's markets to US investements no one cares about human rights violations in china. China has become the new eldorado! ( what % of stuff sold in wal maret is made in china?)

After Aristide was kicked out od Haiti the US said they would not recognaize a gouvernement that took power by force during a coup.... Well these same people have no problem recognizing the leader of Pakistan who took power in that fashion.

I could stay here for hours and post exemples of all the inconsistencies that make people outside the US wonder about the sanity of the people running the white house.

With those kinds of inconcistencies between what they say and what they do what do you expect.... You can't seriously expect people to put their life on the line for a gov. that lies throught it teeth every chance it gets.

The sad thing in all this, is that it's the American people who pay the price. The people are in the US are honorable hard working people. The gov. manipulates less educated or those who do not have access to info. to the point that politics has become a religion & people stop analysing the facts & just regurgitates party dogma. Kind of like those people who walked arround with posters saying "God laughs when fags die" after some kid got killed not realizing that they had crossed the line & became like the Taliban.

Anyways, I feel bad about the elections results... it's hard to watch such a great country fall apart.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 18:34.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: Riders Oct 29, 2004, 13:29 4D-Boxing

Are you kidding? It the only way Puffy/PDiddy/Dumbass Talentless Hack can get paid.

Yeah just like Elvis!
Clue in bud!!! ...... Everyone has to love NIN inch nails & stuff or they are losers ?!?!?!?!?!

Must every classic rock riff/song be remade into a rap song?

Good to see that people here are as oppened minded as an ALqueda sleeper lol!!!

Half these guys walk arround talking about how great the 60s where how good the music was but they forget that in those days people tried to be oppen minded and they surely would not say BS like we see posted in here!

I have to stop trying to educate the youth and the bitter little people....
Anyways time dust the vic 20 and get back to the basics lol!!!

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 13:33.

News Comments > Far Cry Patch & Linux Server
21. Re: sigh...Nvidia drivers too? Oct 25, 2004, 17:26 4D-Boxing

Weird with an x800xt on an intel 875 chipset and never had problems with games. I played bf:v, bf1942 DC, ut:2k4, far cry, doom3, tribes vengeance and a couple of car racing demos not a single issue. Had the performace hit at first on doom3 but the ferformance has gone up considerably with each driver release.

Not to say that your problems do not exist!
Even when i had my 9700pro i never had the problems i kept reading about. Sometimes i wonder if it's configuration probs or if I just tweak and OC so damn much i solve issues without realizing it. You even see daily reviews of video cards fro various sites and they do not seem to have so many issues.

No matter what the reason is, it's not good for ati that's for sure. Either Nvidia cards are easier to get working right or ATI needs help with their drivers.

News Comments > New UT Game Rumor
17. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2004, 14:09 4D-Boxing

Redeemed = Recycled

U2XMP as a whole is much deeper/complex.

One word can resume that comment......WEAK!
....and TV is a UT clone, everything else is a BF clone or whatever... these kids are so d@mn predictable.

One thing about 2k4 the nods in onslaught ensure teamplay even without being in a clan... how many other games out there can make that claim. U@XMP guns would be a nice addition to 2k4 i ust admit.

News Comments > New ATI Drivers
12. Re: Catalyst 5.0 Oct 15, 2004, 03:26 4D-Boxing

I played doom3 on a 3.2+ 9700pro PC @ 1024X768 shadows on medium the rest at max ..smooth as silk. Now I have an x800xt and everyrhing set to max @ 1024x768.

One thing, the 3.2 is running @ 3.6.....

MAybe it's the tweaks I apply when I OC but I've never had any performance or stability issues since i got the card 3 months after it's release. Anyways with these drivers the diff in performance in doom3...(x800 xt vs 6800 ultra) is now les than 10 frames per second. At least that was the case in the few oerformane reviews.

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 03:27.

News Comments > GTR Demo
38. Re: Starforce ruined my day! Oct 12, 2004, 20:03 4D-Boxing

One option would be to give anyone who turns in info on warez sites or pirates a year of free games from the company that makes the game. That would be more effective than starforce IMHO.

Anyways paid attention to the starforce affair, i know people refuse to buy games that have it... why i'm not sure. Something to do with having to keep the cd in the machine or not being able to use cd cloning software or something like that......

Gonna try the demo see what the starfoce hype is all about once and for all!

News Comments > Kong Approaches
14. Re: No subject Oct 12, 2004, 19:47 4D-Boxing

(Commodore 64 owners rejoice)

Ahhh! Even 20 plus years after i got my vic 20 the commodore 64 still gets all the love

Gorf time!!!

News Comments > Morning Q&As
8. Re: BioShock Engine Oct 12, 2004, 15:32 4D-Boxing

" In the far future you would think they could manufacture guns that fire more than six shots before breaking."

LOL, That was never a problem when i played the game, guns would break or jam maybe 2 or 3 time in the entire game! I thought you could repair your weapons for a few nanites? If it did eventualy break down.

Anyways, I'm not sure if this guy works for EA or did not play the game right?!?!?!? Then again I might be wrong but i'm pretty sure my gun never broke until maybe half way through the game and maybe once or twince towards the end. Calling the combat sytem ridiulous is like saying snow is warm or that Doom3 was the best game of 2004!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: No subject Oct 12, 2004, 15:20 4D-Boxing

I bought a Neuros II mp3 player, it has everything you could possibly want. Had the option of getting a pod but after testing the first neuros at a friends place i had to get the new one. There are so many good options out there when it comes to mp3 player... I never got the ipod hype.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Steam Release
49. Re: I think it's great so far Oct 7, 2004, 17:03 4D-Boxing

Thanks for the info guys!!! Great deal Valve is giving! Other game companies should look at HL2 and ut2k4 (not 2k3) and realize that this is how you sell and market PC titles.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Steam Release
46. Re: I think it's great so far Oct 7, 2004, 16:44 4D-Boxing

...but at least you can play SOMETHING now. And just wait for new maps using the Source engine!

So does this mean you dont even get to play CS: source. You just get to download it and wait? Do you at least get to play a month before everyone else to justify the purchase and not having a disk? I'm probably one of the few people out there who has never payed attention to steam so forgive my ignorance of the subject! Just trying to figure out what i missed out on and what the fuss is about.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 16:47.

583 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo