Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 562 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Marathon Release
9. Re: No subject Jan 11, 2005, 12:06 4D-Boxing

Wow this is Halo 0.1 ! So much stuff in Marathon has been fine tuned & developed over the years & ended up in Halo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Tribes Vengeance Demo
37. Re: No subject Jan 4, 2005, 16:37 4D-Boxing

SquirrelZero

Didn't they learn from the mistakes of others?

I would not bet on it! The past few years, to many companies have been making the same mistake. Like I've said in the past a company could release something good just by reading what people have to say in this meessage board.

People don't want their favorite games dumbed down. They want them expanded.

Well said! Every game site or pc gaming site should have that posted in huge letters. Maybe then MS, EA, UBI & the rest will wake up and do things right, but i bet they just use the easy way out and say the games don't sell cause of piracy or a slumping pc market (all B.S. good games have no problemes selling ...HL2, WOW..)

Anyways at least the mod community is healthy so their is hope that a few groups won't completely sell out to the big boys & try to become the new industry leaders.

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 16:38.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. No subject Dec 29, 2004, 11:49 4D-Boxing

it's just a little embarrassing to be freakishly Cash diet thin to begin with

I know the feeling. People used to tell me wait t'ill you hit college you'll gain weight then people said when you turn 25 then 30 wel passed all those stages and i still can't pack on the pounds but my roomates who used to pig out with me & play NFS back in the days we not so lucky.

Even did the super size me diet back in 93 & did not do a thing to me....then again i might have a McDonalds time bomb waiting to go off in my body somewhere

Anyways Happy New years to all & thanks Bleu for another great year and a great site.

This comment was edited on Dec 29, 11:49.

News Comments > Rainbow Six 4 = Lockdown
4. Re: PC? Dec 24, 2004, 11:09 4D-Boxing

UBI went out of it's way to destroy the PC version so I would not expect much from this title. UBI will probably say that the sales of Rainbow6 3 where low on the PC so they will evaluate things blah blah blah...

Well UBI, you destryed one of the best FPS on the PC & you expect high sales figures.. dream on! Keep your crap & stick to the Xbox. UBI's crap does not stand a chance of selling on the PC. Epic dropped the ball on ut2k3 but made up for the mistake by releasing ut2k4 & a crazy amount of free stuff plus superb community support. UBI gave us the Athena expansion & tried to make us pay for it & the base game was a buggy mess! Nice strategy UBI, don't you dare cry about poor sales.

I bet they never even release that SDK for R6 or released it so late that the community gave up on the game!

Corporate suicide by UBI & imcompetance at it's best!

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 11:11.

News Comments > Conflict: Global Terror
4. Re: Red Menace Dec 10, 2004, 17:30 4D-Boxing

Not trying to take sides or troll but one countries terrorist is anothers hero, one countries masacre is another countries great military victory.

Some dictionaries define a terrorist as someone who uses violence to force social or political change. So Nelson Mandela or Anyone who has ever fought for their independance, freedom or democracy could be classified as a terrorist.

Sorry but terrorism has been arround since the beginning of time, colonial forces terrorised natives of countless nation, slave traders did the same, anyone who has ever invaded another land for financial, strategic or political reasons can be called a terrorist. It all depends what side of the fence you are on.

All i'm trying to say, is that things are not always black & white. Jumping to conclusions using half the info or one sides info does not make anyone intelligent or an ignoramus. Since we would need to have the highest of security clearance to know the truth about anything these days, I would take any political facts with a grain of salt. Don't forget countries now say that they will do anything to protect themselves and that does not exclude lying, dramatizing, exagerating & spinning the truth.

Look at the rainbow worrior incident, French agents placed a bomb on a green peace boat, cause green peace was against French nuclear tests. Well those terrorist blew up the boat & when New Zealand tried to keep the terrorist in jail no one including Australia, US, Canada stepped up to make sure justice was served. Frence put sanctions against New Zealand exports, crippling the economy...They turned to the worlds super powers and no one did anything so they had to release the terrorist to save their economy.

Enjoy the spelling & grammar mistakes..added a few to keep things interesting lol!!

Anyways this is a gaming site i'll let life teach you the rest.

News Comments > WoW Hax0r Crackdown
9. Re: No subject Dec 4, 2004, 15:08 4D-Boxing

companies should forget about the warnings & just impose a life time ban on hackers. They can put one warning on the box & in the EULA and that's it. No warning before banning just a message after it's done.

Well done Blizzard!

Xero.... good to see another boxing fan in here! Manny vs Barrera 2 should be a great fight!

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 15:09.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
9. Re: unplayable on the pc without gamepad Dec 3, 2004, 19:42 4D-Boxing

I'm the same way when it comes to gamepads..never got used to them. I do have one of those $20 belkin dual stick pads for FIFA & NBA live. As for Racing games, nothing beats a wheel or an old fashion joystick.

Anyways from what I've read online, some people do not want to buy any sticks, pads or wheels just because they feel it's to childish to own gaming peripherals & even worst to have them exposed next to their PCs. ( think i read that in a review of a collapsable stick.)

I do not agree with that attitude... I'm over 30 & would rather play a good game then watch reality TV or what ever is on nowdays.

News Comments > Dealer Announced
17. Re: ... Dec 2, 2004, 11:10 4D-Boxing

Wow this is stupid.

Yes it is! Only thing missing in the game description is the D.E.A. agents working as hit men & cops protecting the drug king pins. Then it would be like real life.

Arround here we had cops selling high caliber weapons ,ammo & bullet proof vests to dealers & other low lifes.

I guess this is the Christina Aguilera approach to game creation, skills not required just shock value!

News Comments > Rainbow Six 4 Details Soon
13. Re: Tough one Nov 30, 2004, 12:24 4D-Boxing

UBI pulled an EA with R6 #3... I have a feeling that the series is dead or close to it!
Sad to see a great PC game die such a horrible death.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Stuttering Update, SDK & Surprise Plans
78. Re: No subject Nov 25, 2004, 16:58 4D-Boxing

I thought you had the option of playing as a marine and just shoot your way through System shock 2? I only played as a Psy Ops guy & hacker. Depending on what upgrades you picked in Deus Ex you could play through it as an action FPS as well. Then again I might be completely wrong on this.

On a personal note I agree with the guy that said SS2 was better than HL2. I think HL2 is on par or equal to HL1 & maybe even ,Deus Ex.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Xbox controller driver Nov 24, 2004, 17:19 4D-Boxing

Good options if you do not want to spend $ on pad for your PC but you can get a dual stick pad from belkin for $30 canadian or $25 USD.

Intersting mod, always good for gamers to have options.

Anyways on a side note, that firefox browser.... i really thought that by now they would have the url forwarding in ICQ working with their browser.... what's up with gmail? can't access it with firefox, only IE. I'll double check but i could not access it this afternoon & had to open IE to get in.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 17:23.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Grading on a Curve Nov 23, 2004, 13:40 4D-Boxing

Grading on a curve article confirms what I've been saying for years. IGN reviews & reviewers are a joke!

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 2004 Patch
19. Re: Yay! UT2004 bashing! Nov 15, 2004, 19:08 4D-Boxing

I have no problems with ut2004... got my moneys worth, the game was polished ..few bugs etc.

2004 did not have the same magic as the first UT but it's d@mn good! With those nods you actually see team play unlike what we see in most games. I'm 31 & i can still handle the twitch fest even though i don't find it that fast. A good driving game requires as much fast twitch fibers as deathmatch in UT2004 so unless i want to be stuck playing sims & tycoon games for the rest of my days
i have to keep those twitch fibers active

IF who ever makes the UT games listens to the online community & gamers in general the next UT should bring the franchise back to it's good old glory days.

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 19:10.

News Comments > EA Tries to Get DICEier
25. Re: I Wonder... Nov 15, 2004, 16:31 4D-Boxing

Parallax Well said my friend.

Great games seem to have horrible deaths with EA. I stopped buying EA games after they ruined NFS (a long time ago). I gave bf1942 a chance just because of DC. After seeing all the isues in BF , BF:V, NFS:HP2 & NFSU I doubt i'll play any EA game soon including BF2.

News Comments > ATI PunkBuster Fix
8. Re: this is funny Nov 14, 2004, 13:44 4D-Boxing

dont people get angry about ati releasing driver every month or fixing game issues that no one plays?

Hard to get angry when you get a performance boost with almost every release

News Comments > Tribes Vengeance Plans
17. Re: Is this the patch . . Nov 13, 2004, 15:23 4D-Boxing

keep skating kid....adding BS sure makes it the truth!

Yeah all atari games had a 20 minute life span.... LOL! Kids they never learn!

14. Re: Is this the patch . . Nov 12, 2004, 17:38 4D-Boxing

Orogogus

Now oh great one let us all know what game you beat in 20 min? I'm sure you beat the original pitfall in 20 minutes...same with river raid, pac man Q-Bert etc.... Keep the BS for yourself kid! Like i've said in here before back in those days i was on a vic 20 ...never owned a console but back then all the kid had an Atari or something like that.. Even those guys will tell you 20min to finish any game is total crap... If you are going to make up stuff at least try to be realistic

News Comments > New ATI CATALYST Drivers
26. Re: No subject Nov 12, 2004, 17:26 4D-Boxing

StealthR6

Good to se i'm not the only one. I had a 9700pro & switched to a x800xt a few months ago never had a single issue with the 9700pro. It would be interesting to know what mainboard people with problems are using?!!??! Then again it might be cause i use rivatuner & winguide tweak manager to set up my machine (doubt it).

I never even had the punkbuster problem in BF1942 or DCX.

7. Re: Is this the patch . . Nov 12, 2004, 12:13 4D-Boxing

I agree ..most people seem to quit because they can hit anyone with the spinfusor. IT takes skills even at close or point blank range to hit someone with the spinfusor. I do not find the weapon to be hard to master but I figure that's the main reason for the lack of players.

Even when you look at that Electric playgroud gaming show, that's what they are looking for. Games that have no learning curve, that they can jump in & finish in 10 to 15 hours, anything more & they complain ..give it a 6.5/10.

Old School PC & console gamers have no problems with having to take time master a game. We went through the the good years of Atari, coleco, C64, XT PC gaming... before the n64/ps1.. easy is better days of gaming.

I'm no console expert but even my best friend who is an Xbox only gamer complains that games are to easy compared to the good old Atari 2600 days. 24 hours after halo 2 came out seems like half the people had already finished it. Kind of like those COD games or Max Payne!

This is just one old guys attempt at understanding the state of gaming. I'm probably wrong! Anyways the gaming industry is so big now that just like movies ..things are dumbed down to make sure everyone aged 6 to 60 can understand thus maximizing the sale potential.

Man it's friday, forgive the long winded, i'm bored out of my mind stuck in my office post

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 12:26.

News Comments > Steam Update
14. Re: Just backed it UP!!!!!!! Nov 9, 2004, 17:23 4D-Boxing

Will CS have new maps? or just the old maps remade with the new engine?

562 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo