Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 580 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 12, 2013, 22:12 4D-Boxing

Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 15:09:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 09:48:
I wonder how the battery life will be like on that S4. 1080p screen 8 core CPU, wow, do people still use their phones to make calls?

That's all I use my phone for. No net, no texting, just phone calls. Oh well, and it's my mp3 player too, but that's it.

Same here. Anything else such as surfing or gaming is such a huge downgrade for me its beyond annoying. Rather surf on my 30" than a 5" phone. Gaming is not even worth comparing. Only app I use is the one that turns the flash into a bright flashlight, don't need anything else at the moment. Maybe an app for commuting once the office moves.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers
17. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 13:05 4D-Boxing

Start with real dedicated servers including a client we can download that will give UBI 6 months probation. If they keep up the good work, then we'll re evaluate our position and get the international pc gamers board of governors to vote on UBI's reinstatement.  

News Comments > Arma III Steam Exclusive
14. Re: Arma III Steam Exclusive Feb 21, 2013, 18:18 4D-Boxing

nin wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 17:00:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 16:10:
RollinThundr wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 16:05:
Bohemia to brick and mortar outlets: HAHA you won't be able to return all the unsold copies of our unoptimized buggy as fuck military rehash ver 3!
I thought you were complaining that there is way too much negativity on the Blues forums lately.
I see you are helping out by bringing all the positivity.

Trollindunder's gotta troll...

nin,

I think you used to many big words. Looks like he needs clarifications.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Free Weekend
6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Free Weekend Feb 21, 2013, 18:11 4D-Boxing

MajorD wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 16:58:
Yeah, the fact that I have no interest in even trying it for a 'Free Weekend' should say something. Sleeping

The fact that I got this a xmas gift through steam and dont want to touch it says should say something as well! Cant even trade the thing for a 5$ discount towards a real game.

This game is competing with that Colonial Marines fiasco!

News Comments > GeForce GTX TITAN Announced
59. Re: GeForce GTX TITAN Announced Feb 19, 2013, 17:51 4D-Boxing

AngelicPenguin wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 11:17:
Shataan wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 10:16:
Wtf is the point of having this kinda power if most Developers don`t push the vis envelope in their games.

Multi-screen gaming.

Or even just 2560x1600.

News Comments > System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow
48. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow Feb 13, 2013, 21:15 4D-Boxing

@Asmo

The cyber-nannies are the ones that really scared me. Something about the sound and how they managed to sneak up on me was just leathal.

Amazing how to this day, I run into others that say this is their fav game ever. Even people that were not born when i started gaming on the vic 20.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion
109. Re: Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion Feb 4, 2013, 21:51 4D-Boxing

D@amn... cant believe i missed this party!

You can be my bro Quinn. We just took one step for mankind together.
The family stuff you see is an illusion, its like if you where to go to lets say Russia walk into a bar... you would end up with the goup of people from the US or Canada etc.. People gravitate to each other because they dont feel like they fit in even if they try and assume that many around them think of them in term of negative stereo types. So both sides because of misconceptions and assumptions get into an "US" vs "THEM" mode to cope with the situation.

About the game, yes that part though short did leave a bit of a bad taste but sadly its common for me to hear people at work go into that "ghetto mode" when they talk to me. Some because they are uncomfortable..try to be funny and fail and others have less pleasant reasons for acting like that.

Maybe it does not hit as hard because its a common theme for bad jokes at work (before that school) or because of my lineage directly from the old continent and not slavery plus being the first born here. Anyways all this to say, people need to breath. People often see this as black and white but today there are other ethnic groups/races that treat me worst than some prejudice white people have.

Small groups always manage to make lots of noise and hijack and manipulate the issue which results in backward steps. Kids have surprised me, I see things today that I would not have seen when I graduated high school in 1991. Despite the drama etc... people educate themselves, info is more accessible than ever and society evolves. Not as fast as it should or could but it is evolving.

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer
6. Re: Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer Jan 28, 2013, 14:23 4D-Boxing

someone told me this was the closest thing to SS2 atmosphere wise so i was going to pre-order and buy 1 & 2.

Correct me if i'm wrong,but didn't the devs or publisher have some fancy announcement just to say the PC version would be a bad port?

If so i'll save 1 & 2 for the summer gaming drought.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jan 25, 2013, 13:45 4D-Boxing

I'm kind of surprised the match-3 games this guy made were able to generate that much revenue, honestly. $53K over about 6 yrs, granted, but still.

I know this board is all rah-rah PC, but do people really care about these games or what their developers have to say? This is sub-Angry Birds material, on par with hidden object games.

Well people care enough to read the comments sections and sometimes post comments. Sometimes without reading the associated article! Why would they not care about this article?!

News Comments > NVIDIA's Cloud Gaming
29. Re: NVIDIA's Cloud Gaming Jan 7, 2013, 17:26 4D-Boxing

Anyone else notice that Nvidia is setting itself up to be in a prime spot in the cellphone/tablet/portable gaming market pretty rapidly?

Maybe not those market but yes they seem to be getting ready for a major move. Based on the achitecture of their next GPUs, Nvidia may try to release its own gaming system. Their GPUs will now be able to run an OS due to the new architecture, i can see them having a small box with a SSD small PSU and a dual GPU similar to a 590 or 690 but no blue ray player.

Cloud processing would compliment their hardware. Latency issues make cloud gaming a poor alternative to what is out there now so this approach makes more sense to me. (Yes tech exists to eliminate latency and improve performance by 10 folds just using math...and other tech but we've been hearing it for years and nothing even though some improvements do not require changing the infrastucture)

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
64. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 10, 2012, 11:52 4D-Boxing

I was one of the first to say this would fail but after seeing Nvidia's road map.... They could easily succeed.

Upcoming gpus will be able to boot/run the os. All the costs associated to this endeavor went down 30% imho

News Comments > Crysis 3 Specs
51. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 23:07 4D-Boxing

Sepharo

Thanks for info, I really appreciate the gesture.

Now I know what i'll be doing this weekend. Unless my HAF XB arrives

News Comments > Crysis 3 Specs
48. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 20:56 4D-Boxing

theyarecomingforyou I cant contest your claims since I do not have Far Cry 3.

I wonder if its a case of everything looks better up close meaning that the draw distance is heavily reduced? Not that they used a console FOV but a similar impact visually? The Closest thing up to now was BF3 that being said, Metro looks better in some aspects but everything seemed to be up close no large vistas (at least from the benchmarks and the first little part of the game when you head into that refuge) . That's the type of scenario I'm referring to.

To be 100% honest your screen shots do not convince me either. Could just be the resolution since I run 2560x1600 or just the pic format.
The way technology evolves, its very possible that what you say is true.

Rant: I want a game that has Deathmatch...old school free for all. I cant believe I have to play COD4 Broadcast map to get a real DM game ( the map that the last 2 good servers I frequent runs). Oh and one has turbo mode that increases the speed and that's just bliss, no one spawning and laying down lol just pure carnage and one man army skills. yes I'm old but my twitch skills are still better than teenagers 25 years younger than me. If Chris Roberts can stir up interest in space sims, why cant someone do the same with old school DM?!?!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2012, 20:13 4D-Boxing

Electric Boogaloo.

Turbo and Ozone with p90s...

I take it NIN is a young pup like myself

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic
42. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Oct 4, 2012, 12:37 4D-Boxing

@ RAPTOR

Blaming a company for focusing on a successful platform?!?!?!
LOL people can tell themselves that if it makes them feel better. People hate the guy because he said a lot of BS. The guy just had to think before opening his mouth.

Its not hard to look up the comments, Google is your friend..
From there you'll be able see who made this personal.

Good for Epic but bad for the Thailand's ladyboys..

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 19:10 4D-Boxing

I have to agree with Jerykk's comments. That being said, I don't get the comments about the controls. I may be old but we used to buy joysticks for flight/space sims. Racing games were either played with a joystick, wheel or later gamepads. Then people started complaining if a space sims did not having mouse support.

Now i'm even worried about all those new mech games. I did play parts of wing wing commander 2 with a mouse and keyboard but that was our first 386pc (first year of university) and my brother and I had to save up for a joystick. Today you can buy a cheap joystick or gamepad for less than most spend on pizza. On top of that they are not hard to open up and fix especially with the info we have online. If my brother and I opened up a vic 20 and repaired it and we weren't even in high school surly kids that can root cell phones can fix a cheap peripheral.

Anyways all this to say not a good port though the mouse performance is understandable (and this is coming from someone who cant stand gamepads). Looks at GoW pc that game had mouse support but it made the game so easy that solitaire looked like a tough game.

I think I've hit my quota for pointless rants for this year but I just had to say something.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend
19. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 13, 2012, 18:28 4D-Boxing

The Windforce line of video cards is can be good but you need a case with very good air flow. The way the cooler is designed in a way that makes the heat flow into the case instead of out the back of your case.

If you go for SLI, you must make sure you have plenty of room between the cards the cards will overheat in no time. Trust me, I made that mistake with a pair of 580 (3GB) Windforce and had to change motherboards to get enough room between the cards.

Despite that and a modified Cosmos S case ( 2X high CFM 120mm fans blowing onto the cards) plus 3 top exaust fans etc.. I cant OC the 580 above 800Mhz. Technically these cards should hit at least 850Mhz.

That being said, these babies dont make much noise and do run very very cool in the right case!

News Comments > It Came from E3 2012, Part 5
5. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 5 Jun 7, 2012, 22:44 4D-Boxing

I didn't notice any torso twist in Hawken. That and the footage worries me a bit. Like someone said it looked like a regular twitch shooter but with mechs. As a former Quake/UT player I like twitch shooter but I love Mech games just as much.

I used to enjoy going toe to toe against a Daishi with my Mauler. The abitlity to twist the torso gave me the option to sacrifice my back armor and specific torso or arm weapon to survive long enough and get the kill. Well that along with movement of course. In other words, I could also use the twist to distribute the damage.

Time will tell I guess...

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 2, 2012, 18:07 4D-Boxing

Fantaz wrote on Jun 2, 2012, 17:26:
Reviews have to mention all those technical details? Because gamers must know about SSAO, HDAO, FXAA, phong lighting model, etc.

Yes since its a performance review. They are looking at how demanding the game is on hardware not reviewing the actual gameplay etc..

That site does not review games its a hardware site.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
6. Re: Hardware Reviews May 10, 2012, 20:19 4D-Boxing

Boston wrote on May 10, 2012, 18:07:
Wow, about the same speed as hd7970 at nearly $100 cheaper? Bad news for AMD. I expect another price cut announcement in the very near future.

Very bad news especially since the 680 is really a rebadged 670. The GK110 was supposed to be there big gun or 680 but they realized their 670 (GK104) was as fast or faster than an AMDs 7970.

Those 670 sure looks sweet. They can reach 680 performance or close if overclocked.

580 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo