Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 562 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 2, 2012, 18:07 4D-Boxing

Fantaz wrote on Jun 2, 2012, 17:26:
Reviews have to mention all those technical details? Because gamers must know about SSAO, HDAO, FXAA, phong lighting model, etc.

Yes since its a performance review. They are looking at how demanding the game is on hardware not reviewing the actual gameplay etc..

That site does not review games its a hardware site.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
6. Re: Hardware Reviews May 10, 2012, 20:19 4D-Boxing

Boston wrote on May 10, 2012, 18:07:
Wow, about the same speed as hd7970 at nearly $100 cheaper? Bad news for AMD. I expect another price cut announcement in the very near future.

Very bad news especially since the 680 is really a rebadged 670. The GK110 was supposed to be there big gun or 680 but they realized their 670 (GK104) was as fast or faster than an AMDs 7970.

Those 670 sure looks sweet. They can reach 680 performance or close if overclocked.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: 2 "Frozen"; MMOFPS Survarium Announced
32. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: 2 Apr 25, 2012, 20:07 4D-Boxing

Ouch, this hurts.

Like someone already said, rest in peace STALKER2...STALKER franchise etc..

I know I'm dreaming but imagine if Gabe Newell would pick these guys up. With proper funding, QA etc they could make something really good.

Anyways, despite the bugs, the STALKER series have given me the msot staisfying gaming experience in years.

News Comments > Valve Confirms Hardware Plans
83. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 22:20 4D-Boxing

You think the figures saw this year is crazy money?!?! They are worth 3 Billion!!

MS lost 3.7 Billion just on the first Xbox! You don't need a business degree to see were i'm going with this...

I want Valve to succeed but they need to be strategic and use their business savvy.

81. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 22:05 4D-Boxing

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 21:19

And then Apple later became the most profitable company in the entire friggin universe with a model based on hardware sales..

AH yes, the same the great Apple that got saved from bankruptcy by uncle Billy Gates (see history). How many sales flops before they released something that made them so big???

The cost of R&D to develop a viable piece of hardware that will sell like hotcakes not to mention marketing costs = lots of money in a shaky global economy.

The stock market loves people like you! Long live free enterprise!!

Anyways, Valve needs to position it's bread and butter first aka Steam and once the royalties $$ is rolling in like crazy they can look into hardware in order to maximize revenue by owning and controlling the distribution channel (hardware).

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2012, 22:10.

22. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 12:24 4D-Boxing

Bill Gates realized 30 years ago that the money was in software and not in hardware. Valve would be better off striking a deal with Sony that would integrate steam to the PS4 and a similar deal with cable providers concerning set to boxes.  

News Comments > Valve Worth $3B?
8. Re: Valve Worth $3B? Mar 7, 2012, 21:52 4D-Boxing

That just proves that there is no money in PC gaming and that PC gaming is dead lol...

Call CliffyB and the Yerli boys and tell them they were right!!!

News Comments > Karateka Remake This Year
26. Re: Karateka Remake This Year Feb 19, 2012, 21:46 4D-Boxing

Next thing you'll know, we'll see GORF and Radar Ratrace 3D.

I remember watching the last starfighter and destroying all my previous high scores on GORF (vic 20 version)...

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP
11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP May 8, 2011, 16:42 4D-Boxing

Lag issues still exists. Patches improved things but I would not feel comfortable recommending the game. Don't expect the same fluid experience people got with COD4 online.

The game has other issues but those come down to the type of players it seems to attract.

News Comments > On Brink Multiplayer
13. Re: On Brink Multiplayer Apr 25, 2011, 19:38 4D-Boxing

Thanks for the link.

Might pre-order this one. Stopped pre-prdering games cause of all the bad games (MW2, BO, Homefront, Medal of Honor, Wolfenstein etc...)

At least these guys are not moving backwards. This one has dedicated servers and we can host our own.

If they release the mod tools and SDK in a timely fashion and the games sells well, this could put an end to this no dedicated server nonsense or rent a server BS.

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
39. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 18:13 4D-Boxing

Nope. Carmack explicitly stated in a recent interview that he repeatedly and forcibly insisted that the game run at 60. He mentioned that as a result of that, they had to make some visual tradeoffs he wasn't completely happy about, but felt that 60+ was really important.

I would trade 60+ FPS for real dedicated server support! If Carmack won't give this to us 60+ FPS wont mean anything cause of sweet chunky lag goodness a la COD MW2 and BO. Though I love BFBC2 took forever to get rid of the lag. We need to be able to host our own or else we're in for painful ride.

News Comments > Unreal Engine Trailer
29. Re: Unreal Engine Trailer Apr 7, 2011, 17:46 4D-Boxing

Again, go ahead and mod UT3 for any or all of these variables and see if the "challenge" makes the game more entertaining or not

That does not make sense to me but maybe I missed something. I think you should go play Multiplayer against humans to see what good AI could add to single player and then compare it to playing bots. Then tell us which is more entertaining.

I mostly MP now cause humans are better than any AI thus making gameplay more varied and fun. AI is simply trying to get NPCs playin more humans that's it.

News Comments > 15 Hours of RAGE?
27. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 17:30 4D-Boxing

Wonder if theyr are jsut trying to make people forget that Carmack said dedicated server was unlikley?

Anyways this game is not even on my radar. I've learned my lesson. Even Black ops with it's GameServers dedicated @#$& is a laggy mess. BFBFC2 was horrible for god knows how long for the same reason.

Do it right let people host or release on consoles only. ID used to innovate now they just move backwards. Carmack ahould go back to trying to build spaceships or what ever that was...

Give modders a chance they'll make real games!

News Comments > On PC Super Street Fighter IV
4. Re: On PC Super Street Fighter IV Jan 16, 2011, 16:49 4D-Boxing

And even if they do, you'll be back here when the announcement hits, bitching that a $40 price point is too high for owners of the original SFIV.

Ouch one bitter kid!

Seems that he's acting just like the people he is trying to criticize. In the 2 comments before his we can clearly read people saying the game was dumbed down lol.

People know that there is more money in consoles and that consoles are the main market for devs, it's been like that since the Atari 2600.

In finga 's world customers are not allowed to voice their opinion. Long live Keizer Finga ..no one have an opinion or else he might snap. I can picture him red faced typing all that on his Android phone.

Here is a bit of truth, reviewer and the devs admitted that MA2 was made accessible (what some call dumbed down). Who cares, they have to make games for everyone not just hardcore gamers. If console gamers prefer casual gaming there is nothing wrong with that. Just like there is nothing wrong with PC gamer looking for depth in their games.

No company is forced to release their stuff on the PC. Poor Blizzard probably going to go broke with that MMO stuff on the PC lol. Bioware can leave the PC market all together and the only impact will be more room for devs who have the courage skill and knowledge to push gaming forward.

Anyways enough time wasted on this, he does not even realize that based on his logic cell phone games are going to kill console gaming. Not true but his logic implies this based on sales and market growth etc..

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2011, 00:55 4D-Boxing

Probably the infamous XHD3000. Gambled on refurb for $400 about 3 years ago. Figured the Gateway techs fixed the issue that caused so many people to exchange for another brand and resold them for cheap to break even.

No issues up to now but i i'll probably get the flicker, strobe ride all the way the final green screen death. Until then i will enjoy the bliss that is 2560X1600.

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Jan 14, 2011, 19:15 4D-Boxing

Battlefield 3
Brink
Homefront
Dragon Age 2
Deus X (Hope what I heard about the game being dumbed down is false)
Elder Scrolls 5
The Witcher 2
Doom 4 (last chance for ID to impress me)
Guild Wars 2
Diablo 3 Torchlight 2

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2011, 20:27.

News Comments > BF3 at GDC
13. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 19:20 4D-Boxing

Please let me set up my own server ...

Let's hope all devs have realised that BC2/COD:BO approach does not work. I want the same lag free smooth experience I used to have when people could set up their own servers.

This absolutely needs to be 64 players or more. Not more taking backward steps. I would honestly prefer not to see a PC version than a laggy buggy PC version that will make the platform look bad!

News Comments > Microsoft's on PC Kinect Support
2. Re: Microsoft's on PC Kinect Support Jan 8, 2011, 14:29 4D-Boxing

Third party hardware and software stuff announced by the company that made their device got them nervous?

News Comments > DICE: PC Battlefield 3 Getting "Special Effort"
40. Re: DICE: PC Battlefield 3 Getting Jan 3, 2011, 16:21 4D-Boxing

Thanks for the info Q...
You're 100% correct, I remeber reading something to that effect when Biochock 1 came out..

News Comments > DICE: PC Battlefield 3 Getting "Special Effort"
5. Re: DICE: PC Battlefield 3 Getting Jan 3, 2011, 10:52 4D-Boxing

We will see Dice.

On a side note, there was a story about no DX9 support. If this is not exclusive and consoles are DX9...

Unless consoles run a DX10?!

562 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo