Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 562 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Fatal1ty Q&A
12. Re: the antisocial sport... Mar 28, 2007, 16:55 4D-Boxing

Social misfits yes! But which is why video games will never become popular like other activities.

Well last I checked video games were making as much money as the Hollywood Movie industry in North America.

Maybe it's an interweb myth but it would not surprise me....

Now does going to the movies fit you definition of activities..that is another debate.

Finally Yes gaming will always be a pass time just like sports (at least for the majority of people) very few can call sports their job!

Trying to call playing video games sport is like calling poker a sport just not a good idea!

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 16:56.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Patches
51. Re: Freaking morons Mar 27, 2007, 17:52 4D-Boxing

I've only had time to play for an hour or 2 so I can't comment on how immersive the game is but I agree this is not SS2 or even DE.

SS2 is still my all time fav. game! DE I never got into for some reason maybe SS2 was to fresh in memory.

STALKER has potential but for some reason the character models really bug me ...not enough to affect my enjoyment of the game but at the moment it's the only minor annoyance. Once I really start playing maybe I'll spot more bugs to make me re-think my position.

News Comments > World of Mixed Martial Arts Announced
6. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2007, 07:09 4D-Boxing

Jerykk
I agree but you can buy a gamepad for $13 CAN I bet they are even cheaper in the US.

Like Zephalephelah I love the UFC & to old to beat the young 300lbs beasts anymore lol.

Zep you got to let the big guy make the first move hope he does not connect,grab the knees take him down then ground & pound. When he decides to bench press you run like the wind & pray that he has no cardio lol! Ah the good old days!

News Comments > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Patches
20. Re: Facts Mar 23, 2007, 18:58 4D-Boxing

CJ_Parker
.....ok i know i know don't feed.....

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Patch
29. Re: Rubbish/Gold! Feb 22, 2007, 18:40 4D-Boxing

BurntSoul

" Battlefield 2142 Patch [February 21, 2007, 1:08 pm ET] - 28 Comments"

See it says COMMENTS! Not positive comments.
Geez buddy, I know people are not very positive in here but this is a comments section.

News Comments > Mercenaries 2 PC
12. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2007, 17:47 4D-Boxing

My thoughts exactly! Good old Mechwarrior, it died of Acute Consolidis just like the Rainbow 6 series.

News Comments > Gears of War PC... Eventually
65. Re: No subject Feb 17, 2007, 12:00 4D-Boxing

Jerykk

Here you go ..Setup: 7800 gtx 512. X2 4800 2 gigs of ram. 80+ FPS is easy you just need to do little reading in forums check out the tweaks people use game over....

I can get higher FPS with my (work in progress rig) same setup but 8800 GTX SLI. According to FRAPS 100+ FPS..

News Comments > Gears of War PC... Eventually
55. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2007, 17:03 4D-Boxing

Its like having a 10gig rig.

That's just begging for trouble... I can see other members cleared this up real quick.

Just like this gem!
do we have to wait in five years until everyone has a PC that can run it?

Hard to believe this came from Mark Rein a guy that's been in the biz for years! If he has no clue about the capabilities of PCs well looks bad for UT3.

I guess Epic needs some new blood cause if top guys have no clue about the capabilities of PC hardware well time to move on.

Save the lies & just admit you do not have the will or time to make a good port. My friend owns a 360 & I'm a PC gamer we both lay Oblivion R6 Vegas & other titles that are available on both platforms...Sorry Mr. Rein but Gears does not look better than R6 Vegas & it sure does not have all the details we see in the outdoor evironments of Oblivion. I can play both games at 1920x1200 16x AF & 4X AA with at 80+ FPS...

Bottom line, I've been an Epic fan since the first UT but comments like the one Mr. Rein made does not make me want to support their company.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Vegas Patch
15. Re: Some Issues... Feb 8, 2007, 10:13 4D-Boxing

FYI.

Renaming the .exe to FEAR boost the performance. Not sure what impact it will have on your system, but on mine I went from 40 FPS in the first part of the Intro level to 70 FPS. THose numbers come from FRAPS.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Vegas Patch
11. Re: No subject Jan 16, 2007, 17:23 4D-Boxing

They even removed options (like adding your own face) that were available on the consoles.

Personally I think that omission says alot about the direction UBI is going on.

Has the widescreen & AA support issues addressed?

It's 2007, at the very least support anti-aliasing. I know the gaming community has already released fixes for both issues but official support is always nice.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rainbow Six: Vegas
8. Re: Is this a port? Dec 14, 2006, 17:01 4D-Boxing

Agreed! I really don't get it UBI bought the franchise from redstorm. All they had to do is keep the same formula & fine tune the graphics, AI and collision issues. To this day UBI has not been able to poduce a R6 game that was as good as the ones released by redstorm!

PS. I referring to the PC.

News Comments > Alpha Prime Czech & Russian Demos
2. Re: No subject Dec 4, 2006, 18:49 4D-Boxing

looks decent and they are supporting new tech. (PhysX)
If they have the courage and wisdom to support new tech. like the PPU they deserve my support. It's thanks to daring devs. like this that 3DFX made it's mark and now everyone has a video card that does 3D.

Maybe the PPU will bomb maybe it will be like the 3d accelerator who knows. With Alpha Prime, CellFactor and UT2007 we should see a little bit of what the PPU has to offer.

I just hope UT2007 has some special multiplayer maps like they did when T&L became new hot tech..

News Comments > Gears of War PC?
57. Re: No subject Nov 17, 2006, 18:05 4D-Boxing

That kind of flexibility in gameplay style could be misinterpreted as being "consolized". Seriously, the lore of PC gaming is plain overrated. They're both vehicles for entertainment.

My friend has been playing console games since the first Atari came out. He's owned almost every gaming system release but when he showed me GoW. HE was chatting at the same time not looking at the screen half the time & he never even came close to getting killed?! HE got shot at close range jumped by a bunch of monsters, let them beat on him so I could see the enemies at close range etc... All that & he kept on going to the next save point in order to save his progress. Maybe it was on easy mode but it just was not right. How many shots do you have to take before going down? That is why my previous comment about this game was ..I'll play FEAR EP

Definitly a very good game no matter what platform it gets released on!

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 18:13.

News Comments > Friday Game Reviews
3. Re: fear Nov 10, 2006, 18:21 4D-Boxing

lost interest just more of the same and Gears on 360 smokes this hands down!

LOL!!! Good one!

GEARS has been over simplified for my taste. Emphisis On " for my taste".

It gave the same feeling as freelancer vs Starlancer. Starlancer hands down for me!

News Comments > BioShock Movie
21. Re: Well... Sep 21, 2006, 18:45 4D-Boxing

LOL & this was supposed to be the next best thing to getting SS3 ?!?!

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two Delay Confirmed
5. Re: Huh? Aug 30, 2006, 19:51 4D-Boxing

I agree...

We already new the release date was pushed back. Save the news releases for the 30 days prior to release date. Don't waist our time useless tid bits.

News Comments > DNF/3D Realms Problems?
9. Re: No subject Aug 30, 2006, 19:41 4D-Boxing

I think 3D Realms & the Bitboys should join forces and let the guy who made Daikatana run the show!

News Comments > EA Gets Unreal
18. Re: No subject Aug 19, 2006, 19:02 4D-Boxing

"The problem is that the Unreal Engine is designed to make games in which the player charcters run around at 70mph so the little kiddies feel like their fast as well as powerful. "

I guess this means all adults must listen to classical music if they do not want to be labbeled as kiddies LOL.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Combat Released
57. Re: Confused from a FEAR owner. Aug 18, 2006, 17:53 4D-Boxing

In other words I do not need a key to install combat if I own the original game?

I don't feel like waiting 2 weeks for a key to play a free add-on.

..........damn! tried to install & I do need a validation code. Called vivendi & they said try again on sunday lol!!! Yeah like if i'm going to register again...no validation key by Saturday 6pm eastern = uninstall & trade in of the full version & skip the expansion pack.

I work 9 to 5pm 6 days a week very little time to wait for stuff like this especially when we have so many other options.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 18:20.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Combat Released
21. Re: No subject Aug 17, 2006, 18:05 4D-Boxing

Yeah I signed up for that code to & still nothing?!

I wonder... how many hours of my free time I'll have to dish out to pay for this add-on.

Hopefully 2 hours will be enough LOL!!

Just kidding people I don't mind waitng for quality..it's not like I'm waitng for BF2 patch or booster pack LOL!!!

562 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo