Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 578 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > "Several" Unannounced UE4 Games in Development; UT Not One of Them
21. Re: Mar 21, 2014, 13:49 4D-Boxing

I totally understand point of view now and often have the same feeling. Glory days of fps are long gone. Those with twitch skills are old like myself and don't represent the target audience.

We may be old and irrelevant to some extent but the skills remain and younger players try to camp corners making them easy pray lol. I confess to warming up with a game or two of CoD4 deathmatch before jumping into bf4 to forget about work.

Back to work...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > "Several" Unannounced UE4 Games in Development; UT Not One of Them
11. Re: Mar 20, 2014, 14:18 4D-Boxing

Well said Beamer.. I was shocked when I read hobeaux statement. With all due respect dude's logic reminds me of the an apple vs android thread...

Anyways, like others said, just remake Ut99. Devs have not shown me that they are really ready for anything more complex...see bf4 threads.

News Comments > Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters
40. Re: Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters Mar 13, 2014, 13:56 4D-Boxing

Well said, the community does a good job addressing issues. Since plain deathmatch is hard to find, I reinstalled and play the old CoD4 just for that. With old school dedicates servers and I see less chewing than in recent MP titles such bf3 &4. I would think that the old school approach would be cheaper on top of offering a better experience at least on my end.

Yeah its all been said before and probe besides the point but I'm sick of seeing gaming go backwards. Removing basic features is now modernization. Someone needs to release an old school fps that way the new generation of gamers won't fall for all the hype. I ve had 20 year olds poke fun at my server browser comments by saying I'm old and can't adapt to the modern tech just like old folks crying the start menus I win8 lol..

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $38M
42. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 13:44 4D-Boxing

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 20:31:
mellis wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 20:09:
This guy seems to be making more money than a federal quantitative easing program

Well he's put a lot of effort into the fund raising drive while most developers are just "here give us money to make our game". He's being open and transparent with players. Where other developers basically are camera shy an hiding from the audience.

Very well said. To me this was an automatic buy just like a remake of UT with modern tech would. I preordered the last X game, safe to say I won't give a dime till I read user reviews. Also bought bf4 so the industry needs to impress me to get another dime from moi. The Witter 3 seems like the only title worth my money in 2014 but really hope I'm wrong.

News Comments > Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out
6. Re: Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out Jan 16, 2014, 13:45 4D-Boxing

Once they announced the player count/cap, I assumed it would be a console alpha. Not trying to say the count was dropped due to consoles.

Why is it so hard to implement a net code that can handle 64 players? UT3 titan mode did it smoothly. Anyways, I should kickstart an fps and call it basic and complete lol. Take a step forward by giving clients what they want, features that existed 10years ago like dedicated sever clients and expansion packs actually worth purchasing. Add a dash of not so modern tech like destruction seen in the first Crisis, character tailoring like in oblivion and a map editor.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 China Ban?
8. Re: Battlefield 4 China Ban? Dec 27, 2013, 13:42 4D-Boxing

Darks wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 12:11:
China is such a stupid country, when they make a big issue out of something all it does is draw more attention to them and their problems there. I never once up un till now thought any negativity about Chinas being portrayed from the game until they started whining about it.

Doubt China cares about how the are perceived. The previous administration made it clear that economic ties and open trade were the only thing that truly matters. Everyone in the so called developed world forgot all that stuff about the Tiananmen square massacre once China showed the money lol..

Might as well spare there citizen from the inventory mind boggling bad net code. Plus I would be insulted to if our Canadian soldier's lateral movement looked like Beiber trying to sidestep wearing skinny jeans 2 sizes to small.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 20, 2013, 14:06 4D-Boxing

I really don't get all the nearing in this and the previous version. Fix the netcode and undo whatever they do to lateral movement. I'm repeating myself but I can smoke anyone using an over weapon or vehicle with skill but the game is like an old school d&d dice role. Its like all soldiers are wearing skinny jeans so tight that they can't take sidesteps.

Get stuck on invisible obstacles, launchers disappear from the inventory when bogeys are in sight but magically reappear just as the get out of range.

If titanfall bombs, well have yet another crappy fragging year. I won't even talk single player cause that's sucked for so long that mp is more challenging and entertaining.

Someone needs to kick start an old scoop fps..or just remake this using arms 3. Even better, metro last light multiplayer free dlc (DM, TDM, domination/conquest, ctf and we have a better game despite not having vehicles.

News Comments > PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week
26. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 2, 2013, 13:58 4D-Boxing

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 21:26:
Bucky wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 13:51:
Trevellian wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 13:37:
Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times

Fucking seriously?

Yes. I spent a lot of time not playing and waiting for the first patch just to fix the crash issues, and now I've spent more time not playing and waiting for the bloody One Hit Kill bug to get fixed. That and the insanely annoying screen blur.

I'll try playing again once this patch is released. If I run face first into another glaring bug that I can't overlook, I'll write the game off as a loss and wait for Titanfall to get my multiplayer fix.

You seem eerily hyped about Titalfall... remember what happens to hyped games when hype meets reality..... never ends well. ^^

Sure would want a better MP game than Battlefield though....

I can't blame the guy for being hyped. Its not like there is much out there. Lots of mediocre fox released in 2013.BF4 is the best online fps simply because there is very little competition. Ghost, Arma 3 and planetside. BF4 is the most playable of all those options. Mediocre but more fun than the others. If they could only patch the movement. What's up with the lack of lateral movement? The slowest moving land vehicle can run you over at crawling speed cause you can't go left or right quickly. In other words, it feels like later movement was nurfed to give snipers and vehicles a chance (not that they needed more of an edge lol)

News Comments > Entire Wing Commander Series Now on GOG.com
25. Re: Entire Wing Commander Series Now on GOG.com Nov 21, 2013, 17:52 4D-Boxing

Dirwulf wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 16:53:
Mmmmm....Ginger Lynn....

You read my mind Dirwulf.

"Oh Ginger...Ginger..Ginger.. "

One of the best lines in movie history!!

News Comments > X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans
12. Re: X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans Nov 18, 2013, 11:20 4D-Boxing

Been gaming since the Vic 20 days and this is one of the few games i disgusted by... My fault for pre ordering and having faith in these guys. One of the rare times i would demand a refund. This Colonial Marines level incompetence.

Star Citizen well what can i sag, there announcements say it all. Hardcore wc series fan but i have a feeling this one will end up becoming a case study for project management books..under project scoping.

News Comments > DayZ Gameplay Trailer
43. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 20:38 4D-Boxing

Hope this lines up to expectations cause not much to play online FPS wise. Arma3 and its growing pains, Bf4 and bad netcode plus rubber bad effect and awful movement and gun handling. Arma is a sim and the guns and movement feel tighter?!?

Sad when Titanfall is the only glimmer of hope.. and I have to break out COD4 DM and play broadcast or quake live to have little bit of real fragging fun online.

News Comments > AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances
19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 17:21 4D-Boxing

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 13:03:
Rigs wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 11:25:
Give AMD some credit. They designed the damn thing, I would think they'd kinda know what they're doing, yes?

Don't be silly, Rigs. This is BN. We're all world recognized experts in programming, game design and hardware design. In many cases, we know better than the creators themselves. It's that special kind of omnipotence that only we possess.

Yes, that was total sarcasm. However, no doubt someone will take it seriously nevertheless.

That reply was a classic just like your username. Well played sir..well played.

At one point during the hazy 90s I did go by Bubonic burrito of madness... ah to be 20 again lol.. then again I wouldn't be eligible for security clearance or a good job had I kept going down that track.. Had to Wake up wake up wake..cause its the fist of the month lol

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
21. Re: HBO Sep 26, 2013, 19:23 4D-Boxing

Cynips wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 11:34:
They seem clueless as to http://hbonordic.com/ an online subscriptions-based streaming service. Sure, you notice their comparative lack of consumer service compared to Netflix, but they're there and learning.

Thanks for the link. Hope they learn quick! Here (Canada) i have to pay for the movie network package to get HBO. I only want hbo to watch boxing. Since Showtine scored the best boxers and promoters, all the good fights are now on there channel so bye bye hbo for me. Showtime is packaged the cheaper superchannels (yes bad movies) but at least i save $15 per month.

Having hbo was almost like buying ppv fights since i have little interest in the shows. Yes, my lady loves Game of Thrones etc but she read the books which are even more hardcore and knows how it ends though the show did modify certain details. hbo would make more money here by banning this practice. Everyone i know dumped the movie network package cause like me they don't remember the last time they watched a movie of theirs.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 27, 2013, 13:18 4D-Boxing

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 27, 2013, 10:24:
As a Surface RT owner, I have to say:

Microsoft fucked this up. They marketed it horribly and it has no place trying to compete with the Nexus, Kindle and iPad. It's horrible for home use.

However, what it does excel at is as a bridge device between work and home. Office, Remote Desktop and Azure integration are really well done. Buy the cheap Terminal application and now I don't actually have to be sitting at a desk to fix...whatever one of the junior admins have horribly, catastrophically broken in the name of "progress".

Still, it's not a tablet I can recommend outside of a very niche demographic of users.

Well said, a consumption device like that should never have been priced so high and people I knew decided to wait for the pro version since RT was like the Kupa x11 and Viliv devices that came out in 2009/2010 but with a bit more juice.

Even the Pro looks like a bad alternative considering what is available. There is the Toshiba z10t, Gigabyte s1185, Lenovo Thinkpad Helix, Samsung ATIV Pro 700T and Kupa Ultranote x15 which are better options IMHO. On my end I splurged and got myself the x15 with an Anker 4mm slim keyboard because of the removable battery (bought a spare), better CPU (not downclocked out of doc like Helix), size, resolution (dpi 1920x1200 on a 10'3 incher), 8gb ram, finger print reader, 4G, weight (760gm) etc... Win8 is even worst than I ever imagined but like most...used classic shell and few other tweaks to make the OS a bit more usable.

News Comments > Epic Working on AAA Shooter
32. Re: Epic Working on AAA Shooter Jul 12, 2013, 17:52 4D-Boxing

Beamer wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 11:37:
I wouldn't expect it to be Unreal. That universe is kind of generic, each consecutive title since UT sold less than the last, and, honestly, it's boring.

They can do a much more interesting world than what Unreal had. Plus, have any throwback games been fun? Doom 3 sucked. Quake 4 sucked. Duke Forever sucked. What was fun and interesting in the 90s kind of sucks now (though I think you could still make an awesome Doom game.)

I agree that they could make an awesome doom game but to me doom and UT universe are almost identical. Unless you're referring to single player (unreal which I've never touched.

As for UT, yes it sold less and less but look at what they released. The level of effort just wasn't there IMHO. They seemed to try and capitalize on the name and reputation like Activision did after COD4.

Multiply the size of old UT99 maps by 4+ to accommodate 32 to 64 players. (meaning entirely new maps). Eliminate weapon drops and health drops (there are more interesting ways of offering this that I'll keep to myself for now). Maximize the use of destructible environments (original crysis and beyond level). Ability to personalize your character so no 2 player look the same unless they want to. Bring back all the original game types add the more popular ones from post UT99 releases and add domination. Completely change the weapons (evolution of tech since its been over a decade).

Those few addition to a basic game like UT would make it a hit IMO. It could become a small scale BL2 but PVP. Last and not least, LAN support is mandatory, mod support as well. The flow of user created maps and game modes can't be put aside by short sighted suites who don't understand the clientele and think no mods just new releases each year a la COD. The DayZ mod helped the original base title sell how many more copies? Their profit margins would be just as high if they focused on solid expansions (not 3 map 3 gun DLC) to complement user mods and add new features (support for new graphical tech etc).

Anyways that's my rant... now to enjoy my vacation and order my 40th bday gift (KupaX15-Ultra for fun between gaming sessions and rest the SLI beast)

News Comments > Hawken Patch & Trailer
4. Re: Hawken Patch & Trailer May 12, 2013, 13:45 4D-Boxing

I've played a dozen games. The game had potential but since it turned out to be an FPS dressed up as a mech game, they should have gone with a conquest game mode a la BF. The DM and team DM didn't do it for me like in Mech Warrior 4. Maps were to small and closed in and the controls did not give the same satisfaction as in Mech. In mech I could use my Mauler in Attrition, take advantage of my armor location and torso twist to spread the enemy damage and have interesting fights against one or many opponents ( I could take out a couple Daishi's with my Mauler no prob just by using the technique described and smart movement). In Hawken, you run into someone and there is very little technique or strategy except sliding and jumping.

Maybe people who invested more time had a diff experience.

PS. There is Siege mode but either it was not available when I tried the game or no one was playing it..and I missed the server browser (supposedly there is one in the game). I had to use the match making which is the worst way to play online IMO.

Bottom line, like all free to play games I've tried up to now , it feels free to play so to speak a la shareware from the old days. I would gladly paid full price in order for them to do proper beta testing and get community feedback etc. Last but not least, the game was initially marketed as a fast paced UT type shooter and its not even close to being that (I would take a UT clone over this).

This comment was edited on May 12, 2013, 13:56.

News Comments > Ubisoft Fires Désilets
13. Re: Ubisoft Fires Désilets May 7, 2013, 19:19 4D-Boxing

@Julio

Not taking sides but I have a feeling Kawlisse knows way more about what went down than he's free to share. The name says a lot!!!

Then again he might just be from the same province and sticking up for a compatriot.

News Comments > Make Something Unreal Live 2013 Results
11. Re: Make Something Unreal Live 2013 Results Apr 8, 2013, 17:38 4D-Boxing

I remember when the results to this contest meant a huge map pack for UT. For once I'm posting without even looking at the actual links and just out of nostalgia for one of the games the game that got me hooked on online FPS.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 12, 2013, 22:12 4D-Boxing

Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 15:09:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 09:48:
I wonder how the battery life will be like on that S4. 1080p screen 8 core CPU, wow, do people still use their phones to make calls?

That's all I use my phone for. No net, no texting, just phone calls. Oh well, and it's my mp3 player too, but that's it.

Same here. Anything else such as surfing or gaming is such a huge downgrade for me its beyond annoying. Rather surf on my 30" than a 5" phone. Gaming is not even worth comparing. Only app I use is the one that turns the flash into a bright flashlight, don't need anything else at the moment. Maybe an app for commuting once the office moves.

News Comments > Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers
17. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 13:05 4D-Boxing

Start with real dedicated servers including a client we can download that will give UBI 6 months probation. If they keep up the good work, then we'll re evaluate our position and get the international pc gamers board of governors to vote on UBI's reinstatement.  

578 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo