Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 576 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Steam Preorders
20. Re: ... Oct 10, 2008, 12:25 4D-Boxing

The multiplayer side is supposed to keep us going back etc... but the stats system is not worth much IMO. There are plenty of arguments for that approach but I just do not like it. They use the same approach as quake wars...so when i come home from work & try a few games ..I'll be greeted by people who have been playing for hours & unlocked better weapons. After that I'll play until I unlock something good and my connection craps out & I have to start over or better yet I get kicked for owning the admin ad have to start over.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft: EndWar PC Impacted by Piracy
43. Re: No subject Oct 8, 2008, 14:29 4D-Boxing

NKD

I understand your argument but The Number of PCs capable of playing Video games is way bigger than the number of consoles. That said the number also includes office PC's that will never be used for gaming or Grand Pa's new dell PC that will never run any games etc.... You are still making a valid point, more people play games on consoles than on PC and it influences publishing etc.

Please try not to use the 1992 argument about having to upgrade your PC every year or 2 to play recent games. My PC is 3 year old & I played Crysis at 1920x1200 all on very high shadows on medium. Anyone who spends 1000$ a year on his PC to game needs to learn to read reviews before buying hardware. The max anyone should spend on upgrades is 500$ every 3 or 4 years. That is what I've been doing since the first 3DFX cards came out and the video card craze began.
Buy smart & sell at the right time to pay for next upgrade.

The idea of going back to the days complex PC games with ugly graphics will not work at least not in a capitalist environment. I wish we could have the complexity & the graphics. The bottom line $$ is the most important thing, this means that the PC exclusive titles are going to be a thing of the past soon. Console gaming is heavily influenced by PC gaming & we are already starting to see the effects. There was a time when games like Oblivion would not have done well on consoles ...same with Bioshock. these 2 titles may not have the complexity of past PC games but way more than your average console title. It's really hard for any Dev. to justify making complexe games when console sales are booming because the games are simpler.

News Comments > Ubisoft: EndWar PC Impacted by Piracy
12. Re: No subject Oct 8, 2008, 10:55 4D-Boxing

JaguarUSF

You are absolutely correct. This is just a B.S. excuse to cover up the fact that people are not interested in buying their products. I've noticed that it's mostly the same few crappy publishers that spew this nonsense over & over again. Yes Piracy is an issue but good games sell well despite piracy. Valve is not crying about TF2 being pirated neither are the WoW developers publishers etc.

Ex 1: CoD4 devs. did not implement certain basic functions to reduce piracy. The game is very good & sales where very good despite the piracy.

Ex 2: GEARS PC, the game was not very good the sales where bad same with Crysis.

Bottom line, people will buy good games & bad games get pirated to hell & back then deleted. Demos might help reduce the piracry but not by much. Like a guy said the other day on the bus, he considers most game, movies & Music albums as disposable entertainment because it's so bad that he downloads it when he's really bored looks or listens for a few hours & deletes.

I would not put my career in jeopardy by acting this way but I've heard this from multiple sources. I can't even remember the last time I went to the movies or bought a music CD... if I'm desperate, I rent a few movies or listen to old tunes on youtube.

News Comments > Unreal Grasshopper
6. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2008, 19:29 4D-Boxing

siapnar

True & the thing about AA. Some titles no AA except DX10 others say AA only in DX9. With Some titles you have to go to Video card control pannel for AA. BIzzare engine but seems to do the job when well used. Not a pro dev. so Can't say it's good or bad.

News Comments > Crysis Wars Downloads
8. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2008, 12:40 4D-Boxing

The only issue i have with WARS up to now is people lagging the game down. When I played in a full serve where players had good pings the game was blast. Mind you I've mostly played team DM. Seems like in the last few years, no one but the BF series people have been able to release something worth playing that included vehicles (for the PC).

The Team DM games that I've played have been more fun than CoD4 team DM. Than again Team DM is weak in CoD4 due to the spawn issues.

PS. WARS runs a lot smoother than Warhead and still looks better than most titles out there....just had to keep the shadows on medium or equivalent setting.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patches
6. Re: Changelog Sep 30, 2008, 13:05 4D-Boxing

Weird how even reviews assumed that patches where going to kill saved games like in the original game?!? Not thekind of mistake a company would do with 2 games back to back but I understand why people got worried.

Anyways I have 30 hours logged into the game... no issues on my end but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Even the original game never gave me any issues. Hope I can finish Cler Sky before Fallout3 comes out...

I wonder if I avoided that game stopping bug ...first I've heard of it.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 13:06.

News Comments > Jack Thompson to be Disbarred
25. Re: No subject Sep 25, 2008, 16:30 4D-Boxing

Don't worry - we still have Derek Smart

And now CliffyB!!! Between those 2 we should laugh for along time.

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
7. Re: No subject Sep 25, 2008, 15:10 4D-Boxing

MuzixMon:

There is a possibility that some Crysis Warhead tweaks are included but then again if it was the case they would have picked that game as one of the examples....

The following are examples of improvements measured with v178.13 WHQL versus v175.19 WHQL driver:

News Comments > Crysis Warhead 64-bit Status
36. Re: 64bit Sep 20, 2008, 02:16 4D-Boxing

CJ_Parker

Ok thanks for telling the world you don't know shit about PCs...

Bios update & graphic quality thing...well Evga 780i ..do a little research if your brain can handle it...

Bottom line Sound card (d2x) was not working right & video cards had issues as well...it's a common issue with that particular board.. but then again this is probably to complicated for you to grasp..

Thanks for the entertaining post kid...next time do some research before posting bullshit.

these kids lol..born to troll from their moms basement.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 02:21.

News Comments > UT3 Linux & Mac Ports Live
7. Re: ... Sep 19, 2008, 16:43 4D-Boxing

Yup the menu system is a dead give away...like Bhruic said. Add to that comments by Epic or CliffyBS about how the PC version & development....

UT99 is one of my fav games of all time..but 2k7 seems to be the last real UT game. I do not expect any future version to be released to the PC.

Wonder if CLiffyBS & DSmart are related?

PS. UT3 sucks compared to previous versions but when it comes to recent games..it's the best Deathmatch option. CoD4 DM ...well ...worst spawn sytem I've ever seen. (kill..turn back..&back track & run into the same guy 90% of the tme don't do it & he'll get you from behind no vaseline)

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 16:47.

News Comments > Crysis Warhead 64-bit Status
6. Re: ... Sep 19, 2008, 12:02 4D-Boxing

I think I'm the only one who gets the same performance as in the original Crysis. Maybe due to the 64 bit files no idea. On top of that I really do not see how it looks better than the original. Warhead @ 1920x1200 2xAA all on Enthusiast shadows on the setting equivalent to medium does not look better than the Original @ same rez with all on very high & shadows on medium. Everything seems more gritty compared to Crysis...

Anyways that's my experience..I'll tweak a few things see if it's me that forgot something... smoked my Motherborad and tested Warhead before installing important Bios updates regarding PCIe compatibility issues etc..

Bios update did the trick on the new board so image quality is back to what it should be..

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 18:40.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
11. Re: STALKER CS Sep 16, 2008, 07:45 4D-Boxing

Thanks for posting feedback on your experience with Clear Sky guys! Going to pick this up today. I have afeeling it will be like the first STALKER in the sense that people either hate it or love it ...kind of like the reviews I've seen ..either it's a 7 or it's a 8.5 to 9.

It's a hard game ...good. I don't want a GEARS type of experience..Harcore was like Delta in Crysis....

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 07:46.

News Comments > Crysis Warhead PC Specs
46. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2008, 20:28 4D-Boxing

Geez won't that false idea of having to upgrade every year to play PC games ever die....Just shop smart look at plenty of reviews...go to forums & comments sections like these etc...& sell your old hardware @ the right time!

Anybody who bought a 8800gtx when they came out or the following year sure wont have to upgrade soon.

Anyways I'll wait & see if the optimization are for real...

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 20:30.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Clear Sky Sep 3, 2008, 08:05 4D-Boxing

Basedon the reviews up to now it seems reviewers find the game to hard?! Good thing for me ...

SO now we have scores going from 70 to 88%. If the main flaw is the level of difficulty ...number of enemies etc...it will at least be achallenge compared to most games. At least I hope.

PS. street fighter is supposed to come out on the pc as well.

News Comments > Gamer's Bill of Rights
21. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2008, 12:26 4D-Boxing

Whew. made it. Just sounds like a bunch of complaining to me. You have the FREEDOM to not play any game. Use your wallet and that FREEDOM to show developers you mean business. Publishing a list like this won't get that done.

To bad that approach is just as pointless as the list...
Simply because if sales are bad the publishers will blame it on Pirates. Once they see that the Pirate excuse does not work they'll say PC gaming is dead then everybody will be able to go back to the good old NES days no updates, no CDs or DVDs in the drive no internet access required just a cartridge lol!!!

At least these guys are trying to force feed some common sense in developers...doubt it will work cause the only thing that matter is the bottom line in a capitalist environment. I am not moving to China so I expect plenty of crappy games on all platforms for years to come.

News Comments > ATI DirectX 10.1 Support & Demo
17. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2008, 18:03 4D-Boxing

current generation cards will not be able to handle games that are released two years from now.

Not trying to be an @ss but the 8800GTX was released back in November 2006 and it will play games released in November 2008 & IMHO in November 2009. The ATI 9700pro I think it was played well for at least 2 years back when I had one.

Despite all that you make a very good comment...200 series cards are not worth the price of admission same for the ATI 4800 series. The new Cards are useless unless you play at 1920x1200 with 4x AA & 16x AF & up.

News Comments > John Carmack on PC & Console Hardware
19. Re: Probably an unpopular opinion but... Aug 2, 2008, 13:48 4D-Boxing

Yep Verno ...sleeping in silk PJ's got to Carmack.
He should focus on releasing a go product...last good ID tile was RTCW.

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Age of Booty Jul 20, 2008, 10:41 4D-Boxing

Professor, what's another word for pirate treasure?

Damn! I'm not the only one who thought about that song after reading Age of Booty...

News Comments > Hell's Kitchen: The Video Game Announced
21. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2008, 18:39 4D-Boxing

Talisorn

I agree with you ... it's one thing to watch the show I peeked at a few episodes but in real life..not fake reality TV life that guy would be toast. I've seen people get their arms sliced in a kitchen for less than what he does.

News Comments > UT3 Community Bonus Pack 3- Volume 1
22. Re: No subject Jun 26, 2008, 17:55 4D-Boxing

I'm one of the 8 people that plays this game...

It does not compare to the original UT, or any of the following versions. The Original UT was by far the best version released.

UT 2004 with a new graphics engine would have been way better than this thing.

Warefare is not Onslaught...the large Onslaught type maps promissed never materialized in the end product & the gameplay jsut isn't there. That is why there are maybe 500 people playing UT3 & at least 5 times that amount playing UT2004.

On personal note, I love deathmatch & UT3 is the only option at this moment when it comes to new titles. CoD4 Deathmatch is a joke. ALmostlike if the game was designed for spawn killing. People just lay down next to spawn points & rack up the kills.

Unless you are desperate for some deathmatch action like me this game is not even worth the box it came in! I was the biggest UT 99 fan ... You do not want to know what I would do to CliffyB... that kid better go work for MS & shut his trap.

THis game bombed so hard that heating & cooling technicians are giving away UT3 T-shirts for free.. I guess no one bought what ever special edition that had the T-shirt included LOL!!

Like I said I play the game cause I want some real deathmatch action but the game sucks.

576 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo