Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 579 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis Wars Patch & Map Plans
6. Re: Crysis Wars Patch & Maps Plans Apr 21, 2009, 13:06 4D-Boxing

Elessar

I Agree with you on pretty much everything except that COD4 has the pretty much the same problem with spawn deaths. I still love the game but... spawn killing in CoD4 & Crysis Wars is the worst I've ever seen.

CoD4 ..I really do not get how that title got so little support in terms of content. Ut3 that was the biggest flop in along time got way more support despite the CliffB syndrome.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Demigod & Piracy
65. Re: Demigod & Piracy Apr 17, 2009, 14:03 4D-Boxing

I do not support piracy the numbers sure wont encourage the dev. to make more PC titles.

On the other hand as stated by many in Blues forums when discussing about games... many will pirate the game if there is no demo to see if it's really worth the $$$.

I just do not bother buying the title if I have doubts & there is no demo before launch that i can download when ever I want.

PS. I said when ever I want because of games like (L4D) ... I can test drive a car even after the newer model is released..

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assault on Dark Athena
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assault on Dark Athena Apr 7, 2009, 13:13 4D-Boxing

I really love this " ..an unannounced Windows demo is eventually coming, too."

Then they will complain about piracy when people download the full version to see if it's worth buying.

A year after that they will re-release the game on steam for cheap & offer a free weekend to try it.

Smart publishers would have had a quality demo available on all platforms at the same time so that if one platform has issues it won't impact sales on other platforms. (Quality demo does not mean UT3 style demo that looked so bad my monitor started to cry)

This approach would have a similar impact as a the free weekend of play approach steam bandwagon that many on the PC side are on & would probably cost less.

PS. KilrathiAce ... love the signature...wish they would remake the game with a modern engine & add coop & multiplayer ( for longevity).

News Comments > Six Days in Fallujah Revealed
20. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Revealed Apr 6, 2009, 14:28 4D-Boxing

This is not about america or racisme etc... it's about human life or respect for human life.

No matter what side you're on to many people have died. A widow who lost her husband during this conflict should not have to see this if she takes her son to EB. Just like people who lost relatives who live in Iraq (Fallujah or anywhere) would not enjoy seeing this.

Just common sense no need to bring race, patriotism or whatever into this..

I enjoy shooter as much as anyone else but this is not a good idea.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
8. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Apr 5, 2009, 12:47 4D-Boxing

Bill Borre

I'm not running the same OS but here is how I resolved the issues I ran into.

I had to remove the Drivers in safe mode & Nvidia update (because I kept getting an error saying that the driver is not for the OS installed) to be able to install the drivers released in March then installed these.

PS. ran into the brs.exe not working but re-installing the last powerdvd patch resolved that.

7. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Apr 3, 2009, 17:59 4D-Boxing

Storm in a Teacup

I'm running them now with great results, and no issues whatsoever. It's probably you not knowing what the fuck you're doing. But blame Vista if it makes you feel better. Also, why stop at 3 install attempts? Why not attempt the install 54 times before blaming Vista for your shortcomings? Just a thought.

Why not just come out & tell the world you're idiot. Well I guess your reply already announced it to the world!

So that beautiful comment is based on what? DO you know me personally? OR Maybe you've already inspected my PC using your massive brain's ESP powers & noticed that the I made a mistake lol?!

Anyways come back when you grow up & we'll talk until then we will just ignore your comments until you get through puberty & get rid of some of that teenage angst.:o

Now back to topic at hand...there really seems to be something with these drivers. First time in years that I've had issues with a beta driver.

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 2009, 18:05.

2. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Apr 3, 2009, 08:59 4D-Boxing

Normally I would agree but the beta drivers did not work well on my end. Screen stays black.

After a 3 rd clean install of the drivers, I got a message saying a device needed to be rebooted before installation could proceed.

It's probably Vista cr@pping out..I'll do more tests this weekend to see...

News Comments > PhysX to OpenCL?
6. Re: PhysX Mar 30, 2009, 08:37 4D-Boxing

Just wanted to pint out that this s about harware acceleration, PhysX has been used (software implementation) in more titles than people realize just like Havoc.

However, harware acceleration has been a joke, & iut;s been all about eye candy.

PhysX = good idea but badly implemented... this is the approach that should have been used from day 1.

Gates realised this back in the days when he saw that the $$ was in OS & software not the hardware.

Easier to sell a GPS than can be used in any car than a car with a GPS built into it IMHO.

News Comments > CryENGINE 3 Movie
10. Re: CryENGINE 3 Movie Mar 26, 2009, 13:55 4D-Boxing

I don't know why they would give it a new codename. Why not just dub it as CryENGINE 2C for consoles.

I know I should not say it but I can't resist...

It's the Vista approach. New codename but performs worst than the previous. I guess I could have said Nvidia apporach to with the way they rename old cards..

News Comments > Steamworks Versus DRM
15. Re: Steamworks Versus DRM Mar 24, 2009, 14:11 4D-Boxing

Valve shoudl probably consider making sure steam actually works. Went 10 years without having to troubleshoot to get a game to run once installed. I bought 2 games via STEAM Flout 3 & Far cry 2...

Took 2 weeks of troubleshooting to get fallout 3 to run.. even vista took less trouble shooting on relase. Far Cry 2 well...I laways seem to have to go in the config file to get it to work right. Last issue was that the game would not run full screen lol!!

UT3 black runs fine but start it using steam version icon & it will crash after a few hours.

Bottom line like it was said, how can a DRM toll make DRMs obsolete. Just tryin to maintain the hype of the steam sales & get more devs on board.

News Comments > UT3 Free Steam Weekend, Sale Price
34. Re: UT3 Free Steam Weekend, Sale Price Mar 6, 2009, 13:52 4D-Boxing

On my end DM seemed to be the only game type where I have access to the best servers and the players are really good.. elix1, Spidey, Dances..JUNgle & many more etc...

I really hope the game picks up in popularity..cause anyone who can hang with the boys on DM servers can basically school anyone in any other FPS.

I've always been a DM player but I really wanted to get into vCTF with UT3 but I ran into the same problem as you did. No populated servers at least none where I had a decent ping.

I'll have to test warfare again with the tweaks see it's more fun than before.

PS. To bad the new DM maps are not very good...the Barge is the only one that will get any real action.

News Comments > UT3 Patch & Titan Pack
13. Re: UT3 Patch amp; Titan Pack Mar 6, 2009, 10:02 4D-Boxing

I agree with the comments regarding the UI. SOme server admins told me it was supposed to be a major change but now that I've seen it for myself..lol

LittleMe said it all... you click & it freezes for sec..then lags..before i had to click now it's a double click. & the flow is just as bad as before. I should not have to click so many times to get to the server list. Look at CoD4 one click & I'm in the list.

They fixed the flak..movement & aiming is a bit diff.

I'll have to double check tonight but it almost looked like they removed some animations..I hope it was just lag that gave that impression.

I would have dropped the awards & remade the old 2k4 maps & game modes for UT3...still way more people playing 2k4 than ut3.

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Mar 5, 2009, 13:52 4D-Boxing

I'm not really that interested in a Gran Turismo/Forza/PGR clone.

From what you've described it sounds like Need for Speed- Shift is clone of the original Need for Speed lol!!!

News Comments > On F.E.A.R. 2 Performance
13. Re: On F.E.A.R. 2 Performance Feb 24, 2009, 13:42 4D-Boxing

InBlack

Taste is subjective so I have no issues with your comments.

If you hated Crysis that much I can just imagine you're take on CoD4 or ever worst Far Cry2.

Thank god COD4 single player was very short 4 hours max cause it was far from Great IMHO but most would probably disagree. I have to admit that CoD4 was 100X more fun online despite having the worst spawn system ever. ..in DM you just need to double back & buddy will respawn close to where he got fragged.

..now back on topic...80 to 85 score is low considering the impact the original game had. Eventhough it has no bug issues it seems to be a clear sky type debacle. Online is weak & single player has to be completed on hard to be any fun.

My worst purchases... GEARS PC, Far Cry 2...

News Comments > Free UT3 Titan Pack Next Month
22. Re: Free UT3 Titan Pack Next Month Feb 19, 2009, 12:29 4D-Boxing

I play UT3 on regular basis (DM only) & a few server admins who could not go into details because of an NDA or something like that said that changes seemed major. From the weapons to the GUI or UI..everything is supposed to be allot better.

I tend to trust these comments snce they come from the most hardcore UT3 players...

For the right price I can give CliffyB a few pointers on how to make this title even better lol...

News Comments > Intel Sues NVIDIA
17. Re: Intel Sues NVIDIA Feb 18, 2009, 14:14 4D-Boxing

Nforce boards are great as long as you did not try to oinstall vista PSC with a raid 0 setup. OR even better the same setup with 4 gigs of ram?!?! Nasty experience if you do not know what to expect.

it would also be nice to have had solid 780i boards... None of that remove half your hardware flash the bios & hope it recognizes your ram or sound card stuff.

I jsut hope that the next Nforce board can use SLI without loosing access to the PCIe 1X slots. move them around so they are not covered by the video cards..yeah the & make sure the middle 16x slot (3rd one) will work with all PCIe 1x sound cards.

News Comments > Crysis Warhead SDK Update
5. Re: Crysis Warhead SDK Update Feb 3, 2009, 13:40 4D-Boxing

I do not disagree with your observations but if I think of BF series & the impact the reser combat mod had on sales or the impact of the CS mod had on HL sales ...

If Crytek thought that it might drum up sales ..lol...they need more help than I ever thought they did.

That company had 2 chances to steal a large number of gamers form the BF2 series but what they released jsut made people crave BF3 even more!

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Demo
27. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo Jan 22, 2009, 16:00 4D-Boxing

Opinions and tastes differ from person to person, making us a very intricate and diverse species. It has been this way since the dawn of man.

I'm kind of surprised this concept was not known to you sooner..

That has to be one of the best replies I've read in here well done sir!

News Comments > THQ & PhysX
55. Re: THQ & PhysX Dec 23, 2008, 13:53 4D-Boxing

Unlike you armchair pundits, I'm a developer who has not only written graphics and physics pipelines, but also have experience with PhysX. I, like others, decided to pass on it because for what it gives you, the end just does not justify the means.

Wow you're developer & you can't grasp simple concepts posted on a gaming site. Must be a reflection on your work. If it's to hard for you to understand that people including devs need to see the alternatives before they they invest in developing a more complexe engine. You've read about all the titles that die in dev. & the % of the titles that make it on the shelves that make profit etc.. & You still can't grasp this simple concept. Car manufacturers bring all these concepts to auto shows jsut for fun right.

Recess is over D! I recommend that you go back to school or finish school & change your career path. So did you ever get a real degree are still using that mail in one?!
Your attempt at starting a flam war over comments that back up your ideas is just weak & to be honest it's as much of a failure as your career as developer.

How many devs or publishers do you hear talking about releasing PhysX enabled games? Even as patches? Thats right. NONE.

Making up stuff does not make your weak comments worth reading..check out the news on this site & do little research D! Patch in PhysX lol coming from they guy who said with reason that physics should be built in the engine lol!!! You're even fighting yourself D! whats up?

This is officially over Kid..when you start making up stuff you just prove to everyone that you're complete joke.

News Comments > THQ & PhysX
48. Re: THQ & PhysX Dec 22, 2008, 16:42 4D-Boxing

@ dsmart

Are you KIDDING? Devs have to produce something to prove that PhysX is over-hyped? You can't be serious. Thats like asking someone to jump off a cliff to prove that the rocks below are hard.

OK, dsmart let me simplify my comment so even you can understand. If like you said all the stuff done using PhysX can be done without implementation of Havoc or Physx...Developers should produce games that backs that claim that way Physx & havoc will die a quick death. Hope that is no to hard for you to grasp D lol!!! I'm not even Anglophone & I can understand 99.99% of what is posted in here!

As for you little reply lol!!! It's like asking a car maker to prove that his car performs better than a competitors car. If GM says Ford cars are crap I really hope they have something better to offer to back up their claim if not well..it's just talk. Since you could not even understand the initial comment it's safe to say you wont be able to grasp this concept.

Anyone can say something is craptastic...just come & read the comments section on this site. Some people complain & complain other do act. I don't just go around complaining about the party that is in power I vote to change things. What are you going to do to end this havoc/PhyX hype other than complain & use fancy words like craptastic & turn on people who agree with your view on the subject?!

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2008, 16:49.

579 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo