Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 562 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Demo
27. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo Jan 22, 2009, 16:00 4D-Boxing

Opinions and tastes differ from person to person, making us a very intricate and diverse species. It has been this way since the dawn of man.

I'm kind of surprised this concept was not known to you sooner..

That has to be one of the best replies I've read in here well done sir!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THQ & PhysX
55. Re: THQ & PhysX Dec 23, 2008, 13:53 4D-Boxing

Unlike you armchair pundits, I'm a developer who has not only written graphics and physics pipelines, but also have experience with PhysX. I, like others, decided to pass on it because for what it gives you, the end just does not justify the means.

Wow you're developer & you can't grasp simple concepts posted on a gaming site. Must be a reflection on your work. If it's to hard for you to understand that people including devs need to see the alternatives before they they invest in developing a more complexe engine. You've read about all the titles that die in dev. & the % of the titles that make it on the shelves that make profit etc.. & You still can't grasp this simple concept. Car manufacturers bring all these concepts to auto shows jsut for fun right.

Recess is over D! I recommend that you go back to school or finish school & change your career path. So did you ever get a real degree are still using that mail in one?!
Your attempt at starting a flam war over comments that back up your ideas is just weak & to be honest it's as much of a failure as your career as developer.

How many devs or publishers do you hear talking about releasing PhysX enabled games? Even as patches? Thats right. NONE.

Making up stuff does not make your weak comments worth reading..check out the news on this site & do little research D! Patch in PhysX lol coming from they guy who said with reason that physics should be built in the engine lol!!! You're even fighting yourself D! whats up?

This is officially over Kid..when you start making up stuff you just prove to everyone that you're complete joke.

48. Re: THQ & PhysX Dec 22, 2008, 16:42 4D-Boxing

@ dsmart

Are you KIDDING? Devs have to produce something to prove that PhysX is over-hyped? You can't be serious. Thats like asking someone to jump off a cliff to prove that the rocks below are hard.

OK, dsmart let me simplify my comment so even you can understand. If like you said all the stuff done using PhysX can be done without implementation of Havoc or Physx...Developers should produce games that backs that claim that way Physx & havoc will die a quick death. Hope that is no to hard for you to grasp D lol!!! I'm not even Anglophone & I can understand 99.99% of what is posted in here!

As for you little reply lol!!! It's like asking a car maker to prove that his car performs better than a competitors car. If GM says Ford cars are crap I really hope they have something better to offer to back up their claim if not well..it's just talk. Since you could not even understand the initial comment it's safe to say you wont be able to grasp this concept.

Anyone can say something is craptastic...just come & read the comments section on this site. Some people complain & complain other do act. I don't just go around complaining about the party that is in power I vote to change things. What are you going to do to end this havoc/PhyX hype other than complain & use fancy words like craptastic & turn on people who agree with your view on the subject?!

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2008, 16:49.

37. Re: THQ & PhysX Dec 22, 2008, 11:13 4D-Boxing

Again, you don't need dedicated physics hw/sw for ANY of that. And certainly not something as craptastic as PhysX.

True but lets not forget that this is the era of big profit margins. What easier way is there to create hype with flashy effects that do not add anything to game play with a minimum investment.

With PhysX devs. can add all that flashy stuff with minimal coding. Ex: GRAW.

People who aspire to become game devs. Can create mods using the Unreal engine & add some physx stuff just to experiment with new game play ideas.

PhysX might be craptastic but outside of Crysis I have not seen many titles that have been created with Physics in mind. At least PhysX no matter how limited it may be is getting the creativity ball rolling. It's rolling slowly but at least its rolling.

I just wish that all those people who bash Physx would produce something fresh to prove their point…yeah yeah physx this physx that but release something with descent support & mod tools so that people can take in game physics to the next level. If not it's just whining for the sake of whining but that is just my opinion & we all know what that is worth.

10. Re: THQ & PhysX Dec 21, 2008, 17:08 4D-Boxing

People seem to forget that physx does run on CPU as well just like Havoc. Physx has been used on gaming platforms other than the PC without issues & they don't have 88XX series video cards or a PPU.

Ex: UT3 if you had a quad core cpu no physx hardware was required to enable the extras.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Dec 13, 2008, 18:40 4D-Boxing

Very good article...but like ldonyo said there is an issue with the numbers but very good article. I wish the author would have talked about Advertising in the business model section..and I do not mean in game advertising.

If we look at all the cr@ppy games based on blockbuster movies. They keep coming out cause people fall for teh high production TV adds. The only time we see TV adds for PC games are for WoW or for if the Windows logo appears in an add for a game released on all platforms.

Yes, Wow made enough money to afford adds..but geez I'm no business expert but In the intro Marketing class i took a long long time ago they talk about the % of income that should go towards advertising & publishers sure do not reachthat % on the Pc side. THis where marketing cooperatives , marketing Consortiums come into play but anyways...it's all been said before along withthe issue with the quality of titles & devs not always taking feedback into consideration.

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2008, 18:41.

News Comments > Ubisoft on Review Scores and Acquisition Plans
5. Re: Ubisoft on Review Scores and Acquisition Plans Dec 11, 2008, 14:02 4D-Boxing

Specific examples are given as Assassin's Creed, which went on to be a hit in spite of an average Metacritic score of 80, compared with Metacritic scores in the 90s for Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, which went on to be a retail disappointment. This leads Martinez to comment: "It's not ratings that mean everything, but we think quality and innovation are the key."

Quality & Innovation really!!! No more blamming pirates etc...where is CliffyB??

BTW. Advertising is also very very important...I've said it before, devs should get together to to finance the advertising...especially on the PC side. Why wait to have the Windows logo added to a Console version adds?!

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Fallout 3 Dec 11, 2008, 10:12 4D-Boxing

DG I would go for the PC version but I'm a PC gamer that has never owned a console.

You'll run into the same issues with both version...possibility of some crashes & a few other bugs. On my end the crash issues where related to audio drivers...had to revert to the oldest drivers released to be able to start the game (xonar d2x).

If you have an SLI/crossfire rig.. you should go into one of the config files in (my documents I think) & Edit to set SLI/crossfire to yes..that will eliminate the stuttering issues & improve performance. (frame rate wont drop as much).

PS. I rarely use the VATS so PC version is ideal for aiming.

News Comments > Do Gamers Dream of 3D Sheep?
2. Re: Bring on the 3D monitors Dec 1, 2008, 16:26 4D-Boxing

I thought they where already released as well...I can't remeber the brand or model but I'm prety sure that at least one model is available right now.

I think it was something like a 20 or 22 widescreen. Anyways it all depends on the quality of the title etc... I know you guys want to see Captain Eo in #D at home. ..sorry just had to

News Comments > Good Old Games Update
12. Re: Good Old Games Update Nov 26, 2008, 14:04 4D-Boxing

I thought nobody could make SS3 because no single legal entity owns all the rights?  

News Comments > 2008 NIMF Report
4. Left 4 Dead Nov 25, 2008, 17:23 4D-Boxing

Is it possible that Valve pulled the Left 4 Dead demo? Can't find it on steam?!

Some love it some hate it so I have to try it before I buy it, not making the same mistake i did with Far Cry 2.

If anyone has info ont bis that would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, you can disregard my question..just found out that the demo was pulled...that tells me that the demo might discourage people from buying the game, in other words he game is not very good.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2008, 17:39.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Editor and DLC Coming
13. Re: Fallout 3 Editor and DLC Coming Nov 25, 2008, 13:44 4D-Boxing

Fion... I thought Left 4 Dead had 5 maps & only 5 types of infected?
From your comments I may be completely wrong. IF Left 4 Dead has more locations & enemy types than Fallout 3 than I seriously underestimated he game.

On my end I can't complaint about fallout 3 (now that I fixed all technical the issues). Way more variaty than Oblivion in terms of locations...I discovered 30+ locations & I have barely gone into the subway. From What I could see, the subway is not very big & it brings you to certain spots not accessible by walking above ground.

Super mutants seem to be concentrated in a certain area wont spoil the story ...

Time to go home & hug a deathclaw...

PS. If you find Fallout 3 repetitive stay away from far cry 2 ...

News Comments > 96% of Games Unprofitable?
28. Re: Dumbasses... Nov 22, 2008, 17:02 4D-Boxing

You are 100% correct about the lack of gameplay depth but forcing 80% of consumers to upgrade...that a bit to much... unless people game on 5 year old PCs they should not have to upgrade anything...

3 year old hardwarw will play anything on the maket today no problem...let's not forget that the 8800 series is 3 years old now...I know plenty of people who game no issues on 24" diplays with 7800 series cards.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge PhysX Details; Trailer
10. Re: Mirror's Edge PhysX Details; Trailer Nov 20, 2008, 12:25 4D-Boxing

I'm all for supporting new technology but it's pretty useless when it is only supported by one of the two graphics card manufacturers, with little-to-no chance of AMD ever licensing it. Also, it's going to need considerably better games with thoughtful, deep implementations to sell it.

That is how 3dfx & their Glide API made 3D acceleration mainstream.

PS. For some reason I keep thinking that CUDA was shown to work on both ATI & Nvidia hardware (that meet the specs) and that it's up to ATI to implement PhysX support if they want it....I may be confusing 2 or 3 diff articles from that came out many months ago.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Fire Interview
16. Re: Dagok? Nov 7, 2008, 18:14 4D-Boxing

Eldaron Imotholin

Maybe I should have started playing the game at a higher dificulty level the repetitiveness would not have gotten to me. I iamgine you avoid using the machine gun on the jeep to keep the game challenging.

I might restart it on infamous.

Head shots do work but at the default difficulty they are not even needed.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Split Screen Hack
14. Re: Left 4 Dead Split Screen Hack Nov 7, 2008, 17:57 4D-Boxing

plus you rich guys all have big monitors, right?"

22 widescreen can be bought for $200 can.

Plus a PC can output to a TV no problem...I was doing that 10 years ago. So instead of playin gears on the small monitor you could have used your home TV, wether it's a CRT, LCD ..even an old TVs with coax only. It might cost you 20 or 40$ for an adapter worst case scenario.

Bottom line widescreen is a great idea, why annyone would complain about an extra feature is beyond me. I'm not crazy about xbox live so I just do not use it in fallout 3 for example.

This fonctionality was available in the early NFS racing games, in other words it's a fonctionality that was on the pc over a decade ago...to me it's like AA or widescreen support or ability to remap your controls it should be a given that it's included.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2008, 18:02.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Patched
9. Re: Far Cry 2 Patched Nov 5, 2008, 14:16 4D-Boxing

Ratty,

It looks good but suffers from bad AI & very very repetitive gameplay.

Some love it, I have a hard time motivating myself to finish it.

Despite the crash bug in the first level of Clear Sky ..CS is a better game than FC2 IMO.

Original FC was on tropical island ...not much different than a tropical country but that is just my take... If you had no issues with Crysis or FC1 & enjoyed COD4 or stalker you should not have any issues with the African setting. Poverty is reproduced the same way in all games so don't worry about it…shack here & there throw junk on the ground & voila.

Not sure if online is any good requires a UBI something account..

News Comments > Fallout 3 DRM Follow-up
24. Re: Fallout 3 DRM Follow-up Oct 31, 2008, 21:07 4D-Boxing

Well got the D@mn game working. Had to dig up the CD that came with the card. That's the only Xonar driver that will let me play Fallout3.

Well getting this working was like gaming back in the DOS days...

Now I just hope I can avoid the in game crash bugs people have been getting.

20. Re: Fallout 3 DRM Follow-up Oct 31, 2008, 12:39 4D-Boxing

inblack

Is it possible that Windows Vista audio stack does not support hardware acceleration because of issues on Windows XP that required turning it off etc...

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2008, 13:45.

15. Re: Fallout 3 DRM Follow-up Oct 31, 2008, 09:34 4D-Boxing

InBlack

Thaks for the info. I'll try it after work.

562 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo