Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 626 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 17:40 4D-Boxing

nimski wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 11:16:
Loved Prometheus? Can you go into a little more detail about which parts?

The geologist with mapping drones that get's lost inside of 10 minutes or maybe the zoologist trying to tickle the alien goo snake in the cobra strike pose?

I guess we're living in the Michael Bay era. Flash enough lights fast enough in front of people and you've got a box office hit on your hands!

D@mn you made laugh and i needed it! Yeah, Prometheus, first time in years that i was willing to pay to go to the theater (outside of dates). Walked out in shock, the skipped anger and just laughed. It's grown on me since but, just the visuals and under the right conditions. It was an even bigger disappointment to me than Elysium, Oblivion, Interstellar, Jupiter Ascending, Ender's game etc..

I didn't even know the Guardian's of the Galaxy movie existed, found out when my ex's kid went to see it. I gave it a shot (not at the thereat) and enjoyed it more than any movie in years.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month
23. Re: Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month Aug 25, 2015, 18:28 4D-Boxing

Flak wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 17:19:
4D-Boxing wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 15:40:
IMHO, this game lives because of the lack of alternatives.

We have a winner!

I'll play every MP shooter under the sun and they still don't compare to Battlefield.

It's less about Battlefield being really good, and more about the other games being pretty bad.

Battlefield wins...by default.

I don't disagree. It's an amazing experience and simply looks amazing on the right rig. That being said, it's had it's growing pains to say the least. Still get the occasional rubber banding when someone with a good ping scopes me with a weapon or vehicle. I take it as a warning and move on if possible. Outside of that, the only thing missing is the "tightness" of the controls.

Started playing again after getting a XB270HU, so 6months off. Yes, the game has vastly improved. "tightest" BF game to date by far but still not were it should be. Started playing UT4 as well, got schooled and still getting schooled but, because it's "tight" I've adapted and expect to hold my own if I play regularly. With BF4 each encounter is still a dice roll (i don't DMR or shotgun just regular assault). I don't mean that bf4 has to feel like UT, CS or even call, the game is still lacking in response and lateral movement. Arma 3 isn't as good but it feels "tighter" for some reason. I admit that though I'm over 40, I prefer twitch shooters and am way better at them but, capping flags in bf4, i still get frustrating deaths.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month
18. Re: Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month Aug 25, 2015, 15:40 4D-Boxing

Whiskers wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 09:50:
This game mode would be cool if it didn't just incentivize everyone using IRNV scopes. Those scopes are a pain even on regular maps. Really wish they had never added them. Imagine playing a map where you could hide int he shadows, look for muzzle flashes, and use flashlights. None of that will ever happen because everyone will just use the IRNV scopes. :/

It would never happen even if they remove IRNV, just constantly spotting has the same impact unless its a "classic" game that doesn't put the orange marker on the enemy.

Doubt many servers would run those options simply because teams would end up being mostly snipers or DMRs hiding in bushes. It's already an issue in the sense that we've all played games where half the opposition is hiding on roofs making it easy for the other side to dominate in no time.

IMHO, this game lives because of the lack of alternatives. UT4 will take forever, Doom is in the distant future and Overwatch is Overwatch. That leaves us with Battlefront (Toxikk never got any love and is pretty much DOA). UT4 is slowly moving into the Toxikk realm, slow progress drove the people away. Only 2 official maps after all this time. I'm no expert but, i assumed that remaking all the maps and game modes with the new engine and adding sli support would've been easy.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 20, 2015, 12:42 4D-Boxing

This is the same UE4 that does not support SLI?  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
44. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 17, 2015, 18:06 4D-Boxing

harlock wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 17:42:
this whole idea of "they said they would!!!!" is just so fucking utterly hilarious to me

are you guys living in a world where everyone always does what they say they will do?? because let me tell you - its very often NOT THE CASE

especially when it comes to businesses, politicians, etc. etc.

i mean, i cant really understand how this is even considered a "good argument"... BECAUSE ITS FUCKING LAUGHABLE

You're correct. We live in a world where being dishonest is becoming the norm. Is this the type of world that as individuals, we want to live in. If the answer is yes then bend over and take it, if not, do something about it. Voice your opinion, look at big business and the juice they've acquired through campaign financing, lobbying etc and read up on how the world works and use voting and other mechanisms to change things. Change takes time like the people in power said to civil rights activists in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s & now lol. In 50 years we may see all sides agreeing that there is a problem... 1st step of the good old 12 step program.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes
11. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes Aug 10, 2015, 21:11 4D-Boxing

Asmodai wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 20:23:
Jivaro wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 18:27:
I put this game aside early on because of various issues. I should probably get back to it, I imagine the drastic patching is done by now. I guess I will reroll and start over. I was only about 12 or so hours in anyway.

The patches made the game run worse, or in my case, not run at all.

10 Patch applies
20 Patch completes
30 Try to play
40 You need to update this product
50 Goto 10

Have done a complete reinstall via Origin (ewwww), still no dice. Can't revert to the prepatched playable variant.

I thought I was the only one. Put the game aside for a couple months, tried to play while on vacation and experienced what you described. Had to fiddle with with Origine to get the update to finally install. Option to play wasn't greyed out anymore till i tried to play...yep line 50 goto 10 lol. (good old old days on the vic 20).

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
27. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 4, 2015, 10:24 4D-Boxing

Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 09:36:
Tom wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 00:19:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 23:24:
Also, while some of the telemetry stuff in Windows 10 is kind of crappy, if you've ever used a smartphone, free e-mail service or social network, you're already giving away far more information on a daily basis to companies whose sole intent it to monetise it without your permission. And with most of those, you can't turn it off like you can in Windows 10. Anonymous telemetry data is small potatoes compared to how much data Facebook monetises and people happily narrate their entire lives on there.

Things move in a bad direction one small step at a time. In the long term it adds up to hardware you can't control, software you can't control, data entrusted to others to do whatever they please with, and your every move being monetized without you getting any share of the profits. And if something really bad results from any of that? Hope you like arbitration.

The excuse of "well it's just a default" didn't seem to work too well for Microsoft in the past. But thanks to the intense conditioning of social networks, smartphones, and "free" online services, I doubt anything will stop us from moving further along this path now.

We're totally screwed because of all the apologists.

More like we're totally screwed because of the lobbyists.
Big business = big money and in the era off super-packs and marathon elections don't expect change soon. It's currently impossible to change privacy laws because business bring up the "impact on the bottom line" argument and all it entails and game over.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 30, 2015, 13:19 4D-Boxing

Stormsinger wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 12:17:
Washington has never had any more (or any less) trouble making large, complex websites than any other organization. Especially any other organization where ~48% of the people are actively trying to sabotage things.

NOBODY does big web-based systems well...at best, they grown them over a decade and get something moderately functional (like Amazon). Just give any of the big help-desk apps a try, and you'll see what a hellish nightmare the "best software companies" produce.

Oh my, help-desk apps! I used to be the administrator of one of those nightmares. To make it worst, the company that made it closed shop years before i got the job. Mission critical phase of the organizations mandate and the thing got even more flaky than it was. Spent 40 days fixing seemingly minor issues 6 days a week and 10h minimum plus i ran the help-desk(s) 5 in one 135 people. millions of calls, 850000 faxes and 3500 emails all tracked using that one system. The cherry on top was the fact that i didn't have support from senior management or stake holders. I've moved on and 4 years latter someone else is doing my job for 20 000 a year more after they cut my job due to budget issues. I'm sitting back in a new job reading emails about the disaster they now face (yes i refused offers to go back).

Hell is real lol.

News Comments > Minecraft PC Sells > 20M
6. Re: Minecraft PC Sells > 20M Jun 30, 2015, 18:22 4D-Boxing

Kosumo wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 18:05:
Well done

Indeed! Not my type of game but, i was amazed at the amount of co-workers who played the game. What is even more amazing is the number of grade school kids that stay late just to play in the computer lab. They have a hard time leaving when parents show up after work. The kids get home and spend hours watching minecraft vids on youtube!

Well done & since this is also a platform like Arma3, there is no excuse for Arma devs not to up their game.

News Comments > GTA Online Update Next Week
2. Re: GTA Online Update Next Week Jun 30, 2015, 18:07 4D-Boxing

NKD wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 17:52:
Sorry Rockstar, the cheaters already ran me off. I don't foresee myself ever coming back, but who knows.

Glad i've skipped this. Briefly tried the original top down game. 3rd person isn't my thing and FOV fixes aren't allowed online even though 3rd person would have a wider FOV or I think it would. UT4, Toxikk and Witcher 3 should keep me busy.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 24, 2015, 20:43 4D-Boxing

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 19:55:
how is it looking at 1440p?
I was looking into getting a Fury but now it seems like going the 980Ti route is the better option.
I game at 1440p and plan to for the next 1-2 years before jumping to 4k once the gpu's can actually handle it nicely. 2016 at the earliest

I'm in the same boat but I won't go to 4K until we get 120hz or higher refresh rates.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
42. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 17:56 4D-Boxing

Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 14:06:
Some people seem to equate free speech with the right to offend without facing consequences.

Some people seem to equate free speech with the right to offend without facing consequences. I'm older so when i say something i'm always ready and willing to assume the consequences no matter how extreme they may be.

Sure, we have a few trolls on the boards who could use a lesson in facing the consequences for their toxic behavior but such is life. Disagreed on the latter. The flipside of that though is some people think that anything that offends them should be immediately changed and that they deserve some sort of recompense. Sometimes you just get offended by something and have to live with it.

I get your point. Many many people share your view. " Sometimes you just get offended by something and have to live with it."

Unfortunately, that's one of the reasons we're where we are today. I grew up in a small white town and did exactly what you described. Do you think things got better or worst? Friends told me to brush it off etc and the culprits only got more bold. Once it reached the point were an adult was following me (10 years old) and my sister (6 years old) yelling the N word. I realized that issues need to be addressed and I dealt with all comers from then on. People have been saying what you said since the end of segregation. Things have barely progressed as a result. People who were involved in the 60s church bombing for example are being protected to this day. We had segregated proms in the Mississippi till about 2013, as per the well known documentary. The follow up Southern Rites documentary shows me that brushing off the problem is a recipe for disaster.

Like those crazy Isis psychopaths that were described as a minor nuance became our biggest threat. Had everyone dealt with the issue and consciously tried to counter their vile ideology they wouldn't be as bold and they sure wouldn't be more effective than the good guys on social media.

Bottom line no matter how unpleasant it may be, we're all better of dealing with issues up front.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2015, 18:04.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
20. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 13:00 4D-Boxing

Squirmer wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 10:55:
I think people are missing the point a bit. No one's saying Eidos can't use themes of bigotry and segregation etc. The problem is the specific use of the term "apartheid" which was a specific set of policies resulting in the oppression of the black population and curtailment their rights. Many people died in the struggle against those policies.

It's an easy term to throw around, but much harder to handle with sensitivity and respect for the people who suffered under it. Using it to market your videogame story could seem pretty insensitive since they're not addressing the actual policy of apartheid as it existed in the real world; they're just leveraging an emotional term as shorthand. It's a bit gross that Eidos literally trademarked the term apartheid.

Thank you for posting. That is exactly what's missing from these debates, context. In an ideal world there would be no censorship and people could police themselves. Unfortunstly not everyone is educated enough and common sense has become a rare commodity. Some people seem to equate free speech with the right to offend without facing consequences. I'm older so when i say something i'm always ready and willing to assume the consequences no matter how extreme they may be.

last thing, a perfect example of the impact of context is Canada's first Nations. Many have said negative and even hateful things about first nations. Now the truth about residential schools, kidnappings (forced removal of kids) which happened even in the 60s and 70s combined with victim impact statements is making many change there tune. They used to bash first nations without realizing that they spent the last 100+ years trying to destroy them.

I don't condone violence but, if people want to say anything to anyone don't cry if your teeth get knocked out or worst.

News Comments > AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced
28. Re: AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced Jun 16, 2015, 18:40 4D-Boxing

Drayth wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 18:14:
Redmask wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 17:46:
The other option is an Acer XB270Hu which I own but wouldn't recommend, I had to RMA it 3 times to get a decent panel, Acer QA is fucking ballsack.

Word on the streets is the vendors are now selling the May batch of the XB270HU and those are far more free of flaws (say that three times fast). I got an April one with zero issues (still feel like I got lucky). The initial March ones were a huge panel lottery.

They print the month it was manufactured on the box.

Edit - and yes, the monitor is goddam amazing. Even the anti-glare coating is great.

Thanks for the info. This is why this is the only board/site i've ever really joined.

Was going for the Acer despite their track record with other hardware but, I may go for the Asus after reading this. A good Acer is better than the Asus option but, it seems to be a dice roll right now.

News Comments > AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced
26. Re: AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced Jun 16, 2015, 18:31 4D-Boxing

1badmf wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 17:57:
Redmask wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 17:14:
Fury X looks decent at the high end but it sounds like its not going to outperform the 980 Ti at the same price point. The Nano looks good on the value end but its not appearing for awhile, Global Foundries must be sucking ass for yields because the rollouts are so staggered. The other 300s are yet another rebrand and not worth mentioning, the 8GB card 390x is pointless considering the specs aren't there to drive the high end anyway.

Nothing revolutionary but at least they're trying to maintain parity. Th

and you can tell all that just by reading this press release? my god, your powers of deduction... they're... they're full of bullshit!

??! He used expressions such as "looks decent", "sounds like" ... "trying to". You're reacting like he spoke in absolute terms. All those expressions basically mean maybe or best case scenario etc.

AMD has to aim for parity, it's the only strategy to avoid going under. They may not achieve it but the attempt is needed to keep shareholders happy. In other words same as before the ti got released. (AMD's positioning of cards vs the 970s price point with something that hopefully wont get beat to bad by the top Nvidia card etc). If i was 20 something and broke, AMD has options that may hit 970 levels while easier on the wallet thus the strategy that may keep them afloat.

Getting a couple of 980 ti soon so it's not like i'm a fanboy trying sell the cool aid.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Announced
8. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Announced Jun 15, 2015, 21:54 4D-Boxing

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 20:40:
First real surprise announcement of E3. Looks a bit derivative of FarCry and Just Cause, of course, but could turn out to be decent fun for a $9.99 Steam sale in a couple of years. Cautiously optimistic.

Was thinking that this is what FarCry 3 should've been like.

That being said, I would've loved the old school R6 mechanics in this plus the ability to scavenge of course. Set number of characters from diff countries and with diff specialties, loose one and he's or she is gone for good unless you restart from the one auto save at the begging of combat that triggers the no save cause enemies are to close (specific radius allowing players to fall back regroup). Options for old school planning, way points,actions & behaviors. Limited amount on par with average info one can retain in hostile conditions. Coop players see the info on their eye piece hud.

See that's what happen when i stay to long in front of the keyboard without proper sleep.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 21:26 4D-Boxing

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 20:36:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 20:06:
$120 with some sort of premium DLC deal or another, ouch

^ this is one of the main reasons not to buy this garbage

Well Sir, that is a very compelling argument. Let's see if they can give me a reason to buy then.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 20:30 4D-Boxing

Hmmm I guess i should've paid attention to this title lol. Skipped the original and sequel if there was one. Assumed it was 3rd person only.

Lets see if they'll give a reason not to buy.

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
40. Re: DOOM Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 12:35 4D-Boxing

nin wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 12:03:
christheshitter wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 11:52:
You are either under seventeen to look forward to this or have never played a classic Doom game, let alone Heretic, Hexen and other similar old school fps-games.

Bullshit. You might as well have said "Anyone that doesn't agree with my perspective has never flown a purple unicorn to the moon, like I have."

Thanks nin,

News Comments > GTA Online Update Next Week
13. Re: GTA Online Update Next Week Jun 2, 2015, 12:40 4D-Boxing

Ended up holding back just because of possible bans if i use a FOV tweak when playing online. Between Witcher and Toxikk I should be covered in terms of summer RPGs and FPS. Now I just have to save and get that Acer 1440p ips Gsync monitor and a 980 ti to replace my 670s.  

626 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo