Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 618 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Minecraft PC Sells > 20M
6. Re: Minecraft PC Sells > 20M Jun 30, 2015, 18:22 4D-Boxing

Kosumo wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 18:05:
Well done

Indeed! Not my type of game but, i was amazed at the amount of co-workers who played the game. What is even more amazing is the number of grade school kids that stay late just to play in the computer lab. They have a hard time leaving when parents show up after work. The kids get home and spend hours watching minecraft vids on youtube!

Well done & since this is also a platform like Arma3, there is no excuse for Arma devs not to up their game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA Online Update Next Week
2. Re: GTA Online Update Next Week Jun 30, 2015, 18:07 4D-Boxing

NKD wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 17:52:
Sorry Rockstar, the cheaters already ran me off. I don't foresee myself ever coming back, but who knows.

Glad i've skipped this. Briefly tried the original top down game. 3rd person isn't my thing and FOV fixes aren't allowed online even though 3rd person would have a wider FOV or I think it would. UT4, Toxikk and Witcher 3 should keep me busy.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 24, 2015, 20:43 4D-Boxing

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 19:55:
how is it looking at 1440p?
I was looking into getting a Fury but now it seems like going the 980Ti route is the better option.
I game at 1440p and plan to for the next 1-2 years before jumping to 4k once the gpu's can actually handle it nicely. 2016 at the earliest

I'm in the same boat but I won't go to 4K until we get 120hz or higher refresh rates.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
42. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 17:56 4D-Boxing

Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 14:06:
Some people seem to equate free speech with the right to offend without facing consequences.

Some people seem to equate free speech with the right to offend without facing consequences. I'm older so when i say something i'm always ready and willing to assume the consequences no matter how extreme they may be.

Sure, we have a few trolls on the boards who could use a lesson in facing the consequences for their toxic behavior but such is life. Disagreed on the latter. The flipside of that though is some people think that anything that offends them should be immediately changed and that they deserve some sort of recompense. Sometimes you just get offended by something and have to live with it.

I get your point. Many many people share your view. " Sometimes you just get offended by something and have to live with it."

Unfortunately, that's one of the reasons we're where we are today. I grew up in a small white town and did exactly what you described. Do you think things got better or worst? Friends told me to brush it off etc and the culprits only got more bold. Once it reached the point were an adult was following me (10 years old) and my sister (6 years old) yelling the N word. I realized that issues need to be addressed and I dealt with all comers from then on. People have been saying what you said since the end of segregation. Things have barely progressed as a result. People who were involved in the 60s church bombing for example are being protected to this day. We had segregated proms in the Mississippi till about 2013, as per the well known documentary. The follow up Southern Rites documentary shows me that brushing off the problem is a recipe for disaster.

Like those crazy Isis psychopaths that were described as a minor nuance became our biggest threat. Had everyone dealt with the issue and consciously tried to counter their vile ideology they wouldn't be as bold and they sure wouldn't be more effective than the good guys on social media.

Bottom line no matter how unpleasant it may be, we're all better of dealing with issues up front.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2015, 18:04.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
20. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 13:00 4D-Boxing

Squirmer wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 10:55:
I think people are missing the point a bit. No one's saying Eidos can't use themes of bigotry and segregation etc. The problem is the specific use of the term "apartheid" which was a specific set of policies resulting in the oppression of the black population and curtailment their rights. Many people died in the struggle against those policies.

It's an easy term to throw around, but much harder to handle with sensitivity and respect for the people who suffered under it. Using it to market your videogame story could seem pretty insensitive since they're not addressing the actual policy of apartheid as it existed in the real world; they're just leveraging an emotional term as shorthand. It's a bit gross that Eidos literally trademarked the term apartheid.

Thank you for posting. That is exactly what's missing from these debates, context. In an ideal world there would be no censorship and people could police themselves. Unfortunstly not everyone is educated enough and common sense has become a rare commodity. Some people seem to equate free speech with the right to offend without facing consequences. I'm older so when i say something i'm always ready and willing to assume the consequences no matter how extreme they may be.

last thing, a perfect example of the impact of context is Canada's first Nations. Many have said negative and even hateful things about first nations. Now the truth about residential schools, kidnappings (forced removal of kids) which happened even in the 60s and 70s combined with victim impact statements is making many change there tune. They used to bash first nations without realizing that they spent the last 100+ years trying to destroy them.

I don't condone violence but, if people want to say anything to anyone don't cry if your teeth get knocked out or worst.

News Comments > AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced
28. Re: AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced Jun 16, 2015, 18:40 4D-Boxing

Drayth wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 18:14:
Redmask wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 17:46:
The other option is an Acer XB270Hu which I own but wouldn't recommend, I had to RMA it 3 times to get a decent panel, Acer QA is fucking ballsack.

Word on the streets is the vendors are now selling the May batch of the XB270HU and those are far more free of flaws (say that three times fast). I got an April one with zero issues (still feel like I got lucky). The initial March ones were a huge panel lottery.

They print the month it was manufactured on the box.

Edit - and yes, the monitor is goddam amazing. Even the anti-glare coating is great.

Thanks for the info. This is why this is the only board/site i've ever really joined.

Was going for the Acer despite their track record with other hardware but, I may go for the Asus after reading this. A good Acer is better than the Asus option but, it seems to be a dice roll right now.

News Comments > AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced
26. Re: AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced Jun 16, 2015, 18:31 4D-Boxing

1badmf wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 17:57:
Redmask wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 17:14:
Fury X looks decent at the high end but it sounds like its not going to outperform the 980 Ti at the same price point. The Nano looks good on the value end but its not appearing for awhile, Global Foundries must be sucking ass for yields because the rollouts are so staggered. The other 300s are yet another rebrand and not worth mentioning, the 8GB card 390x is pointless considering the specs aren't there to drive the high end anyway.

Nothing revolutionary but at least they're trying to maintain parity. Th

and you can tell all that just by reading this press release? my god, your powers of deduction... they're... they're full of bullshit!

??! He used expressions such as "looks decent", "sounds like" ... "trying to". You're reacting like he spoke in absolute terms. All those expressions basically mean maybe or best case scenario etc.

AMD has to aim for parity, it's the only strategy to avoid going under. They may not achieve it but the attempt is needed to keep shareholders happy. In other words same as before the ti got released. (AMD's positioning of cards vs the 970s price point with something that hopefully wont get beat to bad by the top Nvidia card etc). If i was 20 something and broke, AMD has options that may hit 970 levels while easier on the wallet thus the strategy that may keep them afloat.

Getting a couple of 980 ti soon so it's not like i'm a fanboy trying sell the cool aid.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Announced
8. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Announced Jun 15, 2015, 21:54 4D-Boxing

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 20:40:
First real surprise announcement of E3. Looks a bit derivative of FarCry and Just Cause, of course, but could turn out to be decent fun for a $9.99 Steam sale in a couple of years. Cautiously optimistic.

Was thinking that this is what FarCry 3 should've been like.

That being said, I would've loved the old school R6 mechanics in this plus the ability to scavenge of course. Set number of characters from diff countries and with diff specialties, loose one and he's or she is gone for good unless you restart from the one auto save at the begging of combat that triggers the no save cause enemies are to close (specific radius allowing players to fall back regroup). Options for old school planning, way points,actions & behaviors. Limited amount on par with average info one can retain in hostile conditions. Coop players see the info on their eye piece hud.

See that's what happen when i stay to long in front of the keyboard without proper sleep.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 21:26 4D-Boxing

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 20:36:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 20:06:
$120 with some sort of premium DLC deal or another, ouch

^ this is one of the main reasons not to buy this garbage

Well Sir, that is a very compelling argument. Let's see if they can give me a reason to buy then.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 20:30 4D-Boxing

Hmmm I guess i should've paid attention to this title lol. Skipped the original and sequel if there was one. Assumed it was 3rd person only.

Lets see if they'll give a reason not to buy.

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
40. Re: DOOM Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 12:35 4D-Boxing

nin wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 12:03:
christheshitter wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 11:52:
You are either under seventeen to look forward to this or have never played a classic Doom game, let alone Heretic, Hexen and other similar old school fps-games.

Bullshit. You might as well have said "Anyone that doesn't agree with my perspective has never flown a purple unicorn to the moon, like I have."

Thanks nin,

News Comments > GTA Online Update Next Week
13. Re: GTA Online Update Next Week Jun 2, 2015, 12:40 4D-Boxing

Ended up holding back just because of possible bans if i use a FOV tweak when playing online. Between Witcher and Toxikk I should be covered in terms of summer RPGs and FPS. Now I just have to save and get that Acer 1440p ips Gsync monitor and a 980 ti to replace my 670s.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features
21. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 1, 2015, 12:34 4D-Boxing

These are the numbers I expected from the regular 980s. Now I can finally get rid of my other kidney and get one of these and an Acer Gsync monitor. My 2 670s seemed to be on par with anything from a 780 ti to a 970 or even a 980 depending on the benchmarks. One of these beats my current setup by 25% to 30%. Two will cover my heating and entertainment needs for a few winters. (85c load)  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
22. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 12:32 4D-Boxing

Zoopster wrote on May 11, 2015, 10:43:
I have not bought Isolation for one simple reason. The films are an entertaining and scary ride for a couple of hours, but any of them would be tough to endure if they lasted for 15-20 hours. Or, if you were actually living them.

That being said, Isolation is probably the closest in spirit and execution to the Ridley Scott film, and gets it more "right" than any Alien game that came before. Hats off to the devs for staying true to the narrative at least.

On the other hand, if they somehow came up with a squad-based combat game that duplicated the thrills of Aliens and made us forget about the steaming pile that was Colonial Marines, I'd be all about that.

Well said, I didn't finished the game but made it the point were I rejoined crew mates etc. I've built the noise makers etc but they don't seem to do anything but, maybe they will down the road.

Wish we could really leverage the environments to create our own strategies. Great game but, gaming sessions need to be kept short to fully enjoy it.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
53. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 16:24 4D-Boxing

Reading Bluesnews saved me money again! I'll just get Toxikk this weekend and wait for FOV mods to be supported. Can't stand 3rd person. Yes, i'm old and missing out etc..  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
41. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 12:36 4D-Boxing

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 10:49:
Quinn wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 10:20:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 09:58:
Assume their system just notices modified files and raises a flag. A FoV tweak on a game with a 3rd person view seems a bit funny. 3rd person will always see more than a modified FoV in first.

The game has a useless 1st person mode which is made useful and fun with a FOV mod. It's not cheating. It's fixing something that's broken.

Just to make sure I was clear, re-reading not certain. I find funny that someone would consider a FoV tweak to improve first person a cheat, when the game has 3rd person cameras. No matter how much more viewing angle you get in First Person, it still wouldn't match the total view of 3rd.

So hopefully it isn't a ban over that specific line of thinking and just general file integrity isn't matching for what ever reason.

Hope you're right. Was going to pick it up in friday but, i'll hold off. I'm only interested in FPS mode then again, 3rd person may force me to get over my gamepad aversion for any non sports title.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Dedicated Servers Confirmed
13. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Dedicated Servers Confirmed Apr 28, 2015, 18:34 4D-Boxing

nomoreshite wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 10:01:
Also it will not be dedicated servers as it should be, i.e cod4 with server browser.

We have been promised this before, and they lied each and everytime.

Just go back to the original server browser with 12 to 32 players as it was in COD4, instead of the crap "we can only support 18 players as this is a shitty console port!" version we will get.

Exactly!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announcement
9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announcement Apr 27, 2015, 12:40 4D-Boxing

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 11:18:
Looks like I'll pass on this one, this yearly release of CoD games really irks me. I have ghost and advanced warfare on PS4, that's a lot of content that should last more than 2 years.

Maybe if they drop their shitty P2P for dedicated servers I'll change my mind.

These twitch fests may not be for all but, I don't mind them if the have dedicated servers and the all important server browser and appropriate FOV controls. CoD4 filled the void left by UT and Quake but the rest were a waist of PC gamer $. I just got Toxikk so I'll pass on this and finally delete CoD4 for good (FatherTime and his P90 bids you farewell ;p )

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2015, 15:20.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 EULA vs Griefers
11. Re: Killing Floor 2 EULA vs Griefers Apr 25, 2015, 09:15 4D-Boxing

Xylemon wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 05:02:
This whole statement in their EULA is rather silly to me. I can understand if on their official servers they didn't want this behavior, but griefing, hacking, "cyber bulling" as they like to say nowadays, should be up to the 3rd Party server hosters to decide what they feel is appropriate. I've also heard this was in the old KF EULA, and has only ever been used twice (one of them being on a very active hacker), so I suppose nothing will really change from KF1 with this EULA anyway.

EDIT: If anything, they should only say they are NOT responsible for any of these actions in terms of covering legal problems, not claim they'll take away your key.

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 02:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 00:11:
Oh, my bad, I forgot positive things are completely uninteresting to the PC gaming community.

Yeah, god forbid anyone criticize them for restricting someone's freedom of expression.

Interesting conversation. I initially didn't see what the fuss was about since I saw this as being the same as what happened to the former owner of the Clippers. Legal agreement to keep a company's or organization's name out of harms way. If hypothetically, someone makes a mod that lets you play as one of the Boston bombers, the company wont have to explain anything or be dragged through the mud. Freedom of expression is still there but you can't use someone else's property or create a situation that will cause collateral damage to someone else's property name etc. People can buy or develop a game engine and whatever game mod they wish.

I believe in freedom of speech but, if i were a developer, I wouldn't want to go on tv & explain why someone used a product to create an American Army type game to train extremists who want to kill my client base. I'd rather go twerk on national tv with Magnum P.I. short shorts lol.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
11. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 12:47 4D-Boxing

Linksil wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 10:47:
Spending the money on a HOTAS is one of the reasons I haven't bothered picking this up yet. That and already having quiet a few extras plugged into the computer already... I need to almost build a second desk just to hold the addons.

I think a tear rolled down my cheek as I read your post. You are not alone my friend...

618 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo