Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 600 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 EULA vs Griefers
11. Re: Killing Floor 2 EULA vs Griefers Apr 25, 2015, 09:15 4D-Boxing

Xylemon wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 05:02:
This whole statement in their EULA is rather silly to me. I can understand if on their official servers they didn't want this behavior, but griefing, hacking, "cyber bulling" as they like to say nowadays, should be up to the 3rd Party server hosters to decide what they feel is appropriate. I've also heard this was in the old KF EULA, and has only ever been used twice (one of them being on a very active hacker), so I suppose nothing will really change from KF1 with this EULA anyway.

EDIT: If anything, they should only say they are NOT responsible for any of these actions in terms of covering legal problems, not claim they'll take away your key.

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 02:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 00:11:
Oh, my bad, I forgot positive things are completely uninteresting to the PC gaming community.

Yeah, god forbid anyone criticize them for restricting someone's freedom of expression.

Interesting conversation. I initially didn't see what the fuss was about since I saw this as being the same as what happened to the former owner of the Clippers. Legal agreement to keep a company's or organization's name out of harms way. If hypothetically, someone makes a mod that lets you play as one of the Boston bombers, the company wont have to explain anything or be dragged through the mud. Freedom of expression is still there but you can't use someone else's property or create a situation that will cause collateral damage to someone else's property name etc. People can buy or develop a game engine and whatever game mod they wish.

I believe in freedom of speech but, if i were a developer, I wouldn't want to go on tv & explain why someone used a product to create an American Army type game to train extremists who want to kill my client base. I'd rather go twerk on national tv with Magnum P.I. short shorts lol.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
11. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 12:47 4D-Boxing

Linksil wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 10:47:
Spending the money on a HOTAS is one of the reasons I haven't bothered picking this up yet. That and already having quiet a few extras plugged into the computer already... I need to almost build a second desk just to hold the addons.

I think a tear rolled down my cheek as I read your post. You are not alone my friend...

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide
21. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 14:59 4D-Boxing

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 12:38:
siapnar wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 12:00:
Have any of you noticed a specific setting that cause fps drops or judder?

Advanced distance scaling seems to do this for me even if set low on the slider.
Mind you, I have no other advanced options enabled.

GTX 970 here as well

Interesting stuff. Some reviews show 1440p everything maxed and fxaa running at an average of 50 to 60 fps on a gtx 970. The comments here seem to show that may not be the case. My 670s sli usually perform like a single 970 so your comments a very useful to me. That being said, vram on the 670 will prob hurt my performance. Was going to hold out for Pascale gpus and get the Acer HB270HU this spring or summer. Now I'm secretly hoping the 980ti arrives asap to drop prices of anything below it. Here, the 970s went from $400 to $440 Canadian cause the dollar tanked along with oil prices.

I've only noticed the in-game v-sync cripples performance on my 970 while forcing vsync from the nvidia control panel works fine. Otherwise settings are at or near high.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
55. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 22, 2015, 14:40 4D-Boxing

Krovven wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 16:49:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 16:07:
4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 14:48:
@jimnms

I'm only considering this title because of the first person view. Last 3rd person perspective game i've touched/enjoyed was Max Payne 2 lol.

Are you experiencing the mouse/input lag issue? I was going to buy the game after work but i'll probably hold back since most reviews and youtube vids are in 3rd person. Last but not least, I've read reviews that mention the multiplayer modes but, I have read anything regarding how games are accessed. Is there a server browser?

No server browser, you go online and you're put into the GTA world on what looks like an instanced server that holds up to 32 people. From there you can either put yourself in passive mode where you can't be killed (except from being run over I think). You can do some activities in this lobby type system like kill other player (only if you turn passive mode off) and rob 7-11 type shops where once you do you'll need to evade the cops.

The other things like deathmatch and TDM, races and heists are all things you activate by walking into blue circles on the map, once you do you'll be put into a match making "queue" system which can take several minutes before you're actually playing the mode. These are all player hosted and I don't think there's any host migration - if the host quits everyone gets dumped. The host is randomly picked - at least in public play and gets to setup the game parameters like difficulty level, time of day and other things.

Some modes you can respawn like in racing, others have a limited amount of team respawns but modes like TDM seem to be one life modes, die and you're in spectator mode.

First person view is hampered by a low FOV, it maxes out somewhere around 80 using the in game adjustments. There's a mod that lets you set it higher, I'm using the damn thing as it makes the game so much more enjoyable to me.

FOV Mod

You can also host Invite Only sessions as well as Solo sessions online. They don't have the grouping of friends and crew members down yet, same problem they had on consoles at launch. It's best to launch jobs and invite people from there.

I advise turning off Matchmaking by default so you dont have to do it every time you are trying to do stuff with Crew.

I advise everyone after logging into Online to go through your settings thoroughly. There are multiple menu's. Press M for the ingame quick menu. Esc>Online>Options as well as Esc>Settings>Online as well as all the other Settings.

Using the arrow keys and Enter I've found to be the fastest way to get through the menu's once you know them.

I play first person when on foot, 3rd person High cam in car, 3rd person cover enabled (too limiting in first person), 3rd person rag doll, etc. Basically 3rd person with everything except when on foot. You can set all these in the Options menu. I also changed first person in car to be the hood cam for when i do want it. No more windows, roof, dash making it impossible to see anything other than whats right in front of you.

Late reply on my end. Thank you for taking the time and for the great info!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
25. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 14:48 4D-Boxing

@jimnms

I'm only considering this title because of the first person view. Last 3rd person perspective game i've touched/enjoyed was Max Payne 2 lol.

Are you experiencing the mouse/input lag issue? I was going to buy the game after work but i'll probably hold back since most reviews and youtube vids are in 3rd person. Last but not least, I've read reviews that mention the multiplayer modes but, I have read anything regarding how games are accessed. Is there a server browser?

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy
21. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy Apr 10, 2015, 17:28 4D-Boxing

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 10:34:
Which means i'll buy it.

Steam get's lots of hate. But you know what.. I love steam.

I'm with you on that. I used to hate steam with a passion then brick and mortar stores reduced the PC section to almost nothing. My hate for old school stores got to the point that i turned to steam, now i can't go without it. I have as much love for EB as i do for who ever makes the anti PC CoD games that came out after CoD4.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 3, 2015, 16:42 4D-Boxing

Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 12:31:
And why would massive public or private enterprises need, much less want, to spend a fortune upgrading needlessly? If most people are just using Word and Excel why would you needlessly spend tens of millions of dollars on new hardware and software licenses? Obviously MS isn't giving them enough incentive to want to change.

You're absolutely correct. That being said, the home depot breach could be an incentive if embedded XP is part of these numbers. Scary the amount of cash registers and ATMs that use the first unsupported versions and skipped updates to the last version of embedded XP.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
25. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 15:38 4D-Boxing

Alamar wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 15:13:
Creston wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 14:10:
Wooohooo! Congrats, Obsidian, and thanks to everyone who KS'ed!

And a big hearty FUCK YOU to every publisher who said these kind of games weren't in demand anymore and couldn't be done anymore. FUCK YOU.

What some publishers seem to fail to realize, is that old people don't want change... And we're at a point where a lot of gamers are old people (hence the success of this site ; )... And who has the most disposable income? Old people... : )

I respect your opinion but, I think you've made a huge assumption. Older people do not have issues with change in gaming as long as the changes are improvements. The same people that you feel hate change had no issues with new titles that changed the way gaming is experienced etc. FPS till they got stale and started moving backwards, RPGs that went from isometric to full 3D open world a la Fallout or MMO like Everquest and WoW.

Outside of gaming, yes some older people would prefer to go back to when people like me picked cotton or hung from trees but, that doesn't apply to every domain or to all older folks. These same older people would not want to revert to 1950s science and medicine.

My 2 cents and i'm no expert, just an old gamer who likes change.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 23, 2015, 18:13 4D-Boxing

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 11:27:
BitWraith wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 08:53:
The bigger problem with 4K is even those who know what it is don't care.

Exactly. 1080, hell even 720, are good enough for me. I won't be upgrading until I actually need a new monitor/tv, probably in about 5 years from now.

HDTV here is 1080i so i'll pass on the 4k tv. Seriously considered 4k for my PC but, i'll wait till gaming at 4k becomes as feasible as my current 1600p setup. I'm actually considering ACER's 1440p G-Sync monitor due next month in North-America.

News Comments > TOXIKK Early Access
2. Re: TOXIKK Early Access Jan 23, 2015, 12:27 4D-Boxing

Thanks for the info. Been waiting for this for a while. Ah yeah the little lady won't let me touch it this weekend though  

News Comments > GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers
8. Re: GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers Jan 22, 2015, 21:25 4D-Boxing

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 19:52:
That is one of the poorest releases I've seen in quite a while.

The 760 beats it in some benches and in specs, it beats it in many ways.

Shocked.

Yeah, kind of reminds me of the 980 vs 780 or 780ti. Still waiting for something that's head and shoulder above the 780s that i passed on not so long ago. My 670s in sli still handle everything maxed out at 2560x1600 but, without AA in certain titles to average 55 to 60 fps.

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Nominees
19. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Nominees Jan 14, 2015, 20:10 4D-Boxing

Creston wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 18:09:
Flatline wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 17:46:
Well, I'm at the point where I have to seal the big breach (which will be like the end of the first act I suspect). We'll see if shit picks up after that.

Heh. Yeah, it actually does. Six new zones open up, coincidentally five of the best ones, you get something pretty damn cool, and the story gets a lot more interesting too.

Also, that binary choice, while definitely a Bioware'ian thing, is actually there for a reason in DA:I, but you'll find that out pretty shortly.

I think the mission to close the breach is actually one of the game's finest ones.

Thanks for the info, I had pretty much given up on DA:I.

News Comments > Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details
20. Re: Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details Jan 13, 2015, 19:46 4D-Boxing

Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 16:28:
Remember when this sort of stuff was expected for free or they allowed the community to create and distribute this stuff? That's why I won't supposed these walled garden type games - well, at least anymore than I have to. $15 for one model? What are they smoking? Do they think they're WoW? Sigh, whatevs.

Well said! I'll never understand why companies in most fields don't realize that making a product that's better than the competition is the key to long term growth and sustainability. This approach obviously includes improving on what was done in the past. Dedicated server clients, LAN support,server browser, mod tools etc... UT99 had better stats system than most games since and the mod support seemed really good. Make something unreal contest and have the top maps in a free official map pack. Connect to a server and you don't have the next map in the rotation, you're given the option to download and install without leaving the game.

I'll end my rant with this other rant lol... stop marketing games like were grade school kids attracted to bright colors! Grad school kids root cell phones and almost everyone researches specs to buy d@mn phones. Consumers are the most tech savvy ever, they research and read before spending $. The disappearing middle class can't and won't support companies like this unless the absolutely have to do so.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
26. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 12:35 4D-Boxing

Saw that one coming so i installed Stalker Lost Alpha and the mod pack for it.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Server Issues Follow-up
22. Re: Elite: Dangerous Server Issues Follow-up Jan 5, 2015, 20:08 4D-Boxing

Well i tried. The site can't process my order and i bought hotas and a new headset to enjoy this. Now i need to shower cause after a day of trying to resolve the issue i deleted my account and purchased one of those Star Citizen packages to enjoy the hardware before i head back to work next week  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
12. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 21, 2014, 15:46 4D-Boxing

I don't live in the US so my comments will be limited to recommending that people look at the results of privatizing electricity in Ontario Canada.

P.S. After reading the details of the Home Depot breach, i can't say that i trust big business to regulate itself. Independent oversight is needed but, even that can be perverted through lobbying.

...just woke up, sorry if i'm not making sense lol.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
39. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 12:41 4D-Boxing

I got p!sed at the game and went back to Divnity cause i didn't feel like trouble shooting the crash issues. Took a week to fight the first demon cause the game crashed and then smooth sailing till hinterland lol. Someday i'll get there.. Pumped 130h into Divinity, might as well do the final quests while this gets fixed.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Patch
13. Re: Far Cry 4 Patch Nov 25, 2014, 07:40 4D-Boxing

@Steele

How is the loot system? In FC3,i i bought everything early and had to leave bodies and stashes cause my and inventory wallet were full and everything was crafted..

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 14, 2014, 14:55 4D-Boxing

Not taking sides but, if i were American, the fiscal cliff debacle would be the deciding factor. If a party is willing to sacrifice the economy just make the other side look bad, they may not have the country's best interest at heart (only their own). In a perfect world those in congress that supported such actions should do time. These are the same people who said any country withholding oil to protest US foreign policy is committing an act of war because they are attacking the economy... Anyways I have a limited understanding of the US political system and may not be making sense.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous on December 16
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 14:35 4D-Boxing

Whoohoo! After reading impressions about Oculus DK2 and this game. I fully jumped on the Oculus band wagon.  

600 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo