Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 582 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 14, 2014, 14:55 4D-Boxing

Not taking sides but, if i were American, the fiscal cliff debacle would be the deciding factor. If a party is willing to sacrifice the economy just make the other side look bad, they may not have the country's best interest at heart (only their own). In a perfect world those in congress that supported such actions should do time. These are the same people who said any country withholding oil to protest US foreign policy is committing an act of war because they are attacking the economy... Anyways I have a limited understanding of the US political system and may not be making sense.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous on December 16
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 14:35 4D-Boxing

Whoohoo! After reading impressions about Oculus DK2 and this game. I fully jumped on the Oculus band wagon.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released
8. Re: Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released Oct 28, 2014, 14:43 4D-Boxing

ldonyo wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 14:11:
This is why there is no point in getting a game until the everything edition is released, unless all the DLC is going to be free.

Smart move. Craved an FPS after spending so much time on Divinity but didn't want mre Boarderland. This is a console game first and foremost (graphics, fov and odd control bugs). The game is a solid 7 or 7.5 max. Those with high hopes are surely p!ssed. System Shock 2 mod that replaces the monkeys with face huggers, protocol droids with androids and maintenance bots with Aliens would feel more like the movie than this game imho but thats just me.. Cool attempt at an Alien game but this doesn't feel AAA but that's prob cause of the hype and my expectations.

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
40. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 15:33 4D-Boxing

NewMaxx wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 15:22:
The 970 is incredible...I find it mind-blowing that many review sites are saying "yeah it's good" or "not bad!"...what are they smoking? 145W TDP with 4GB stock, which is ridiculous, hitting (or exceeding) Titan performance at stock, and it's putting out +14% performance on Fire Strike with a moderate overclock. It's closing in on my 2x760 score and my cards use over double the wattage. As far as I'm concerned it cleans the table and is certainly my #1 suggestion for builds...I wish I had the money, I'd get two of them.

Though i agree with you, I understand the reaction of reviewers. In terms of real world performance, its close to your 2x760 or my 2x670...overclocked 780 ti reviews from last year pretty much had the same performance in terms of fps but like you alluded to, there is more to performance reviews than raw fps.

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
20. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 13:50 4D-Boxing

Pigeon wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 11:02:
Asking the internet not to make death threats and racial,homophobic or sexist slurs, is a bit of a tall order, but good luck.

Lol keyboard warriors would actually have to use logic to express their repressed angst..good luck with that. Why aim that at gamers, its a satiety/evolution issue. Hundreds of years after slavery and almost 50 years after MLKs assassination and society is still dealing with this issue. Give it another 200 years maybe at least if not more. (people that spread hate and intolerance do reproduce so it will take a very very long time.

News Comments > New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players
19. Re: New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players Aug 28, 2014, 13:42 4D-Boxing

Beamer wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 12:13:
garrywong wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 09:57:
Ok this is stupid. Haven't they considered what this is going to do to the pro scene? Yeah ok, you can play with a "classic" ruleset that doesn't change any of this, but now you are going to have a divided community. Them noobs that don't learn anything because they are playing on ezmode, and the hardcore pro scene.

Usually changes like this are last-ditch efforts to court new users to avoid shutting down. If that's the case, then they don't care about the "pro scene," because they were going to lose the game, anyway.

Prob a knee jerk reaction to how gamers rushed to download the UT4 pre alpha.

With regards to bunny hoping. It only helped when a sniper spent his time in one spot waiting for easy frags. Putting a stamina limit would reduce its use if combined with a sprint button. I would even crank up the base movement speed (love those crazy dm/ffa cod4 speed servers like broadcast k3 one).

p.s. Yes, i know what k3 tried to do with the acronym, not a member

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced
13. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 13:45 4D-Boxing

Pubknight wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 12:06:
please don't suck.
please don't suck.
please don't suck.

Ditto. If it does, I'll splurge on Divinity DLCs. Well i'll prob do that anyways but a bad DA:I would just speed up the purchase.

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
25. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 13:43 4D-Boxing

InBlack wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 09:27:
High Quality Games?! Ha! Yerli has a sense of humour! Who would have thought?

Wow! So they realized that selling shoddy products is bad for business. Telling the world about their lack of common sense is supposed to improve things.

News Comments > Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner
3. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 10:56 4D-Boxing

Redmask wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 10:12:
I played the alpha and would caution people to ignore the marketing surrounding this game and lower their expectations, they have a lot of work to do. The gameplay has the potential to be interesting but its bogged down in a mess of technical problems and balance issues. The core gun play just isn't very fun or interesting either. You essentially just chase a player controlled monster around in a large level which loses its novelty quickly. They added in a few different game modes to try and mix things up, the one I played the monster has to destroy a power station after leveling up a few times which is a bit ridiculous. The different classes are interesting but it will require a high level of cooperation to use them all effectively so make sure you're playing with people you know.

The CryEngine doesn't feel well used here, the visual fidelity isn't what you see in the marketing, load times are insanely long (even for an unoptimized alpha) and it just had a very clunky feel. The levels are almost a bit too large, you lose some of the tension from hunting a player when you spend 90% of your time running/jetting back and forth.

I read that it got delayed and I hope they use the extra time to polish things up because it really needs it.

Thanks for the info, thats exactly what i was worried about. I would prefer multiple 4 player teams against 1 whatever... but then there is a chance that the 1 squad could be favored by the one large monster thus messing up games.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
17. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 13:36 4D-Boxing

@descender

You've resumed my biggest issue with the sequel. Loved the game like you alluded to fights depended on fighting the controls to beat the enemy.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 4, 2014, 14:01 4D-Boxing

Redmask wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 10:57:
Ozmodan wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 06:03:
nin wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:18:
Guess Divinity is the new skyrim. Congrats to them!

I like rpgs, but did not like divinity. I don't see what all the excitement is about. I thought the controls were horrid. Story mediocre. Second time I have been burned this month, also was burned on Habitat.

The controls are fine, the camera is what sucks. It frequently adjusts itself while you're making choices and that combined with animation frames being a bit weird means you end up misclicking through no fault of your own.

It is a weird game. There are some parts of it that are great but others you just shake your head at. I think it redeems itself mainly through nostalgia and execution. It's not a bad game but I wouldn't call it a particularly good one either. It is the kind of game that we would have roasted 10 years ago but now our standards are different because we get so few games like it.

Yes the game isn't perfect but the best experience in years all genre included. The no hand holding and the fact that its not linear will be a turn off for many used to the spoon feeding approach of the last decade. The camera has issues but switching to the strategic top down helps in problematic areas. Turned based is fine, the original Dragon Age 1 was a good compromise and many played it almost turned based style without realizing it. No fillers in the game unless you can't follow up or find the story without the game indicating them on a map. Enjoying this more than witcher 2.. Have notplayed dota, diablo etc so i may be off with my praise.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name
18. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name Jul 22, 2014, 02:00 4D-Boxing

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 20:45:
hahahahahahahaha

Exactly! They had a mandate and objectives and failed to meet those objectives. Now they will change their name and target another platform (mobile) with the same objectives and mandate but reworded and a new name that they've announced lol. Don't they realize what they did?! Since marketing was what was missing from the PC market, lets just say this PR blunder explains why they were'nt successful.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Concludes
7. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Concludes Jun 26, 2014, 20:07 4D-Boxing

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 19:42:
Run speed/movement is designed for a slower tactical pace, but yet the rest of the game is high speed typical Battlefield.

20 bucks tops.

I read the same comments after downloading the Beta and gave before even trying it. Yes that sounds bad but each time i play bf4 i end up quitting 5min into the game. Its like soldiers are wearing skin tight jeans and cant side step anything, get stuck on invisible obstacles or better yet freeze when the i run into an enemy. Multiplayer FPS used to be a dime a dozen and now we cant even get polished titles or even a half decent title with a server browser. I'll prob go back to racing online to blow some steam after work... (my wheel is so old it wont work on anything older than win98..its been that long)

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Incoming
14. Re: Titanfall Patch Incoming Jun 26, 2014, 13:34 4D-Boxing

Seventyfive wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 12:48:
nin wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:54:
What happened to the guy proclaiming it was the best game evar?

That was me. I still think it's one of the best shooters ever but it's unfortunately attached the worst matchmaking systems ever and a non-existent server browser. I think the only hope now for a decent shooter will be the new UT considering BF4 was garbage, BFH beta was garbage, and the new COD is just Crysis of Duty.

The new UT is the only one that may live up to expectations. R6 Siege looked impressive but it may be a UBI title. We've all read the stuff they've done to Watchdog PC and will do to FarCry 4 PC..

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
16. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 12:17 4D-Boxing

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 12:05:
I'd really like to see a retail game akin to Bad Company 2 Vietnam. That expansion was so fucking awesome.

I agree and i would add that hardline should be an add on to BF4 the same way bfbc2 Vietnam was for bc2.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Battlepack Sales
11. Re: Re:Star Wars: The Old Republic - Donít miss our Double XP Weekend: March 14 Ė 17 May 28, 2014, 18:34 4D-Boxing

@ Slick

A decades-old tradition that has angered gamers from day one (remember road to rome etc..). Time doesn't lessen the anger. I doubt that you're trying to imply that time makes it more acceptable but your reply kind of gives that impression.

Thieves have been around for hundreds of years and getting robbed still pisses people off. Bottom line, things cost more and more with time and we seem to get less and less for the $ spent. If they charged more for the same amount of content ok but we seem to get less content and a less polished end product. If this was the auto industry... well you know where I'm going with all this..

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Adds "Extreme" Frame Rate Support
19. Re: Titanfall Patch Adds May 13, 2014, 13:48 4D-Boxing

Creston wrote on May 13, 2014, 13:10:
Brumbek wrote on May 13, 2014, 13:06:
Bottom line: try a 120/144Hz monitor and it will blow you away and you won't ever want to go back to a lame 60Hz.

I did try one, and honestly, while it is very nice, I didn't feel it was worth the substantial difference in price.

I have to agree, I'll take 2560x1600 @60hz over 1080p @ 120hz. Now if they could just settle on a new standard for connectors/cables we could have that today.

Oops forgot to add... server browser lol
Based on the interest or number of comments did this game die like Hawke?

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot
19. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot May 6, 2014, 14:01 4D-Boxing

jdreyer wrote on May 6, 2014, 04:15:
Fantaz wrote on May 6, 2014, 00:48:
it seems adventure games are making a rival now. in the next few years point and click games will become as trendy as MOBAs are now. lately it looks like FPS games are heading on their way out and RPG/adventure games are in unlike how the gaming landscape was a decade ago.

"[...] And the loot; donít forget the loot!" ... "The loot you grab in Tales will be available to use in other areas of the Borderlands franchise"

^ they mention the loot, but what kind of loot are we gonna be getting? will it work for the Vita version?

I'm glad adventure games are making a comeback. Good storytelling never goes out of style, it's just that someone had to figure out how to update them for current audiences. And they aren't trendy like MOBAs. In five years, MOBAs will be relegated to a hardcore niche audience and the vast majority of them will be gone from the earth. Yet, I'm buying Broken Sword games for my daughter who loves them.

Also, FPS games are hardly fading, they're maturing and getting deeper. Look at the fantastic FPSs that have come out in the past couple of years: BS Infinite, FC3, Metro LL, Dishonored, ArmA 3, all different play styles in unique environments. Even BF4 with it's faults is an amazing accomplishment. And look at the rise of survival FPS games like DayZ and Rust.

IMHO, borderlands 2 and far cry 3 where considerably better than their predecessors but became tedious very quickly. Metro LL was good but in terms of adventure, Stalker is still a way better experience despite the bugs and flaws. The standalone lost alpha is probably going to be the best title I've played since the last Watcher game. In terms of FPS, best since bfbc2 Vietnam and the last Deus Ex. Yes, taste is relative, subjective etc...

I made the mistake of buying a good weapon early in fc3 and the game became to easy. Loot was a waist of time. I just overloaded my wallet and had to buy all maps and junk to make room. Borderland 2 almost the same story but the caustic caverns where fun. After that I just waited for similar gear with better specs to reduce ammo usage. Used grenades to heal and turrets if dealing with never ending hoards.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution UE4 Video
9. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution UE4 Video Apr 30, 2014, 13:48 4D-Boxing

Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 13:35:
Ahh-mazing! I love that futuristic modular design. Love the color scheme too. Can't wait to see some UE4 games that look like this.

Ditto but I wonder if we can have this level of detail combined with destructible environment...

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag
16. Re: Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag Apr 25, 2014, 13:50 4D-Boxing

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 10:14:
BF3 finally got ground combat right. BF4 is pretty solid, but if your whining about Origin, it's no different from Steam.

True but I think people are complaining about the implementation. Then again, I may be wrong. Anyways Origin is as good as Uplay IMHO. Better implementation than GFWL but not as well implemented as Steam. Updates take way to long and to my knowledge, no voice chat support a la Steam...

582 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo