Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Abraham Petrovic Hannibal

Real Name Abraham Petrovic Hannibal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname 4D-Boxing
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 31, 2003, 19:46
Total Comments 571 (Apprentice)
User ID 19242

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name
18. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name Jul 22, 2014, 02:00 4D-Boxing

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 20:45:
hahahahahahahaha

Exactly! They had a mandate and objectives and failed to meet those objectives. Now they will change their name and target another platform (mobile) with the same objectives and mandate but reworded and a new name that they've announced lol. Don't they realize what they did?! Since marketing was what was missing from the PC market, lets just say this PR blunder explains why they were'nt successful.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Concludes
7. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Concludes Jun 26, 2014, 20:07 4D-Boxing

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 19:42:
Run speed/movement is designed for a slower tactical pace, but yet the rest of the game is high speed typical Battlefield.

20 bucks tops.

I read the same comments after downloading the Beta and gave before even trying it. Yes that sounds bad but each time i play bf4 i end up quitting 5min into the game. Its like soldiers are wearing skin tight jeans and cant side step anything, get stuck on invisible obstacles or better yet freeze when the i run into an enemy. Multiplayer FPS used to be a dime a dozen and now we cant even get polished titles or even a half decent title with a server browser. I'll prob go back to racing online to blow some steam after work... (my wheel is so old it wont work on anything older than win98..its been that long)

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Incoming
14. Re: Titanfall Patch Incoming Jun 26, 2014, 13:34 4D-Boxing

Seventyfive wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 12:48:
nin wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:54:
What happened to the guy proclaiming it was the best game evar?

That was me. I still think it's one of the best shooters ever but it's unfortunately attached the worst matchmaking systems ever and a non-existent server browser. I think the only hope now for a decent shooter will be the new UT considering BF4 was garbage, BFH beta was garbage, and the new COD is just Crysis of Duty.

The new UT is the only one that may live up to expectations. R6 Siege looked impressive but it may be a UBI title. We've all read the stuff they've done to Watchdog PC and will do to FarCry 4 PC..

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
16. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 12:17 4D-Boxing

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 12:05:
I'd really like to see a retail game akin to Bad Company 2 Vietnam. That expansion was so fucking awesome.

I agree and i would add that hardline should be an add on to BF4 the same way bfbc2 Vietnam was for bc2.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Battlepack Sales
11. Re: Re:Star Wars: The Old Republic - Donít miss our Double XP Weekend: March 14 Ė 17 May 28, 2014, 18:34 4D-Boxing

@ Slick

A decades-old tradition that has angered gamers from day one (remember road to rome etc..). Time doesn't lessen the anger. I doubt that you're trying to imply that time makes it more acceptable but your reply kind of gives that impression.

Thieves have been around for hundreds of years and getting robbed still pisses people off. Bottom line, things cost more and more with time and we seem to get less and less for the $ spent. If they charged more for the same amount of content ok but we seem to get less content and a less polished end product. If this was the auto industry... well you know where I'm going with all this..

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Adds "Extreme" Frame Rate Support
19. Re: Titanfall Patch Adds May 13, 2014, 13:48 4D-Boxing

Creston wrote on May 13, 2014, 13:10:
Brumbek wrote on May 13, 2014, 13:06:
Bottom line: try a 120/144Hz monitor and it will blow you away and you won't ever want to go back to a lame 60Hz.

I did try one, and honestly, while it is very nice, I didn't feel it was worth the substantial difference in price.

I have to agree, I'll take 2560x1600 @60hz over 1080p @ 120hz. Now if they could just settle on a new standard for connectors/cables we could have that today.

Oops forgot to add... server browser lol
Based on the interest or number of comments did this game die like Hawke?

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot
19. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot May 6, 2014, 14:01 4D-Boxing

jdreyer wrote on May 6, 2014, 04:15:
Fantaz wrote on May 6, 2014, 00:48:
it seems adventure games are making a rival now. in the next few years point and click games will become as trendy as MOBAs are now. lately it looks like FPS games are heading on their way out and RPG/adventure games are in unlike how the gaming landscape was a decade ago.

"[...] And the loot; donít forget the loot!" ... "The loot you grab in Tales will be available to use in other areas of the Borderlands franchise"

^ they mention the loot, but what kind of loot are we gonna be getting? will it work for the Vita version?

I'm glad adventure games are making a comeback. Good storytelling never goes out of style, it's just that someone had to figure out how to update them for current audiences. And they aren't trendy like MOBAs. In five years, MOBAs will be relegated to a hardcore niche audience and the vast majority of them will be gone from the earth. Yet, I'm buying Broken Sword games for my daughter who loves them.

Also, FPS games are hardly fading, they're maturing and getting deeper. Look at the fantastic FPSs that have come out in the past couple of years: BS Infinite, FC3, Metro LL, Dishonored, ArmA 3, all different play styles in unique environments. Even BF4 with it's faults is an amazing accomplishment. And look at the rise of survival FPS games like DayZ and Rust.

IMHO, borderlands 2 and far cry 3 where considerably better than their predecessors but became tedious very quickly. Metro LL was good but in terms of adventure, Stalker is still a way better experience despite the bugs and flaws. The standalone lost alpha is probably going to be the best title I've played since the last Watcher game. In terms of FPS, best since bfbc2 Vietnam and the last Deus Ex. Yes, taste is relative, subjective etc...

I made the mistake of buying a good weapon early in fc3 and the game became to easy. Loot was a waist of time. I just overloaded my wallet and had to buy all maps and junk to make room. Borderland 2 almost the same story but the caustic caverns where fun. After that I just waited for similar gear with better specs to reduce ammo usage. Used grenades to heal and turrets if dealing with never ending hoards.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution UE4 Video
9. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution UE4 Video Apr 30, 2014, 13:48 4D-Boxing

Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 13:35:
Ahh-mazing! I love that futuristic modular design. Love the color scheme too. Can't wait to see some UE4 games that look like this.

Ditto but I wonder if we can have this level of detail combined with destructible environment...

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag
16. Re: Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag Apr 25, 2014, 13:50 4D-Boxing

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 10:14:
BF3 finally got ground combat right. BF4 is pretty solid, but if your whining about Origin, it's no different from Steam.

True but I think people are complaining about the implementation. Then again, I may be wrong. Anyways Origin is as good as Uplay IMHO. Better implementation than GFWL but not as well implemented as Steam. Updates take way to long and to my knowledge, no voice chat support a la Steam...

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Naval Strike DLC Released
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Naval Strike DLC Released Apr 16, 2014, 13:58 4D-Boxing

DangerDog wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 03:11:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 00:22:
Still rather tired of being killed a second or two after I get behind cover.

From watching some youtube videos on the netcode issues it seems that what's really holding it back is the bandwidth limitations that microsoft employes on consoles through xbox live, if they were to increase the tick rate on the servers the bandwith requirements would go beyond what's allowed.

I'm sure server hosting services wouldn't be too happy about it either. DICE is pretty much finished with Battlefield 4, the DLC is now being made by EA LA.

Very informative reply. Brings me back to what I've been asking for a while, the old school approach of having server clients and pc gamers host or rent servers would alleviate the issue and save the publishers money

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
22. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 13:40 4D-Boxing

Steele Johnson wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 13:28:
Why is that a problem? Everyone is moving to digital distribution whether you like it or not. Get over it and welcome to 2010.

OMG! Don't make it so easy for keyboard warriors to rip you a new virtual one. Its not about digital distribution its about Uplay aka GFWL little sister lol.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned
21. Re: Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned Apr 3, 2014, 14:06 4D-Boxing

Tumbler wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 16:38:
The game works ok now but I struggle to have any fun when I play. Loaded it up the other night to try this mode and it doesn't change much. Doesn't feel like titan mode in 2142 to me. It plays like the conquer mode where you take the check points but instead of a number ticking down it's a picture of your carrier. When that runs out the carrier is breached. You can parachute down over the carrier at that point but it's not a very interesting thing to fight over.

I remember Titan mode in 2142 has AA guns, you had to fly a drop ship over, there were crazy fire fights. This feels tacked on. The carrier feels open and empty in most places. It doesn't feel like a carrier or even a large naval ship when you're inside. The geometry is extremely simple. Large box like open areas, long square corridor. It's dull and empty.

I'll give it another shot but so far pretty lame. It's what you'd expect from a studio that doesn't care about this franchise anymore. All the dlc's been shit in my opinion. The core maps are decent but everything beyond that lacks that same quality.

My gut is saying that as soon as DICE got that Battlefront licensed deal they just said, "Fuck BF4, everyone start working on this. Put a bow on it and ship it, that thing is done."

well said, I have to approach most matches as a single player sandbox game to have fun.

Appalled that new titles keep taking backwards steps and that half backed basic features from the 90s are sold as dlc...

Someone needs to kickstart a pc fps and inject life into the genre like Chris Roberts did with SC for space sims.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Trailer Confirms Predator
12. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Trailer Confirms Predator Mar 31, 2014, 18:20 4D-Boxing

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 15:17:
Frags4Fun wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 15:13:
This franchise has officially jumped the shark.
Don't give them any ideas.
Next DLC Sharknado!!

You read my mind with the dlc comment lol.

News Comments > "Several" Unannounced UE4 Games in Development; UT Not One of Them
21. Re: Mar 21, 2014, 13:49 4D-Boxing

I totally understand point of view now and often have the same feeling. Glory days of fps are long gone. Those with twitch skills are old like myself and don't represent the target audience.

We may be old and irrelevant to some extent but the skills remain and younger players try to camp corners making them easy pray lol. I confess to warming up with a game or two of CoD4 deathmatch before jumping into bf4 to forget about work.

Back to work...

News Comments > "Several" Unannounced UE4 Games in Development; UT Not One of Them
11. Re: Mar 20, 2014, 14:18 4D-Boxing

Well said Beamer.. I was shocked when I read hobeaux statement. With all due respect dude's logic reminds me of the an apple vs android thread...

Anyways, like others said, just remake Ut99. Devs have not shown me that they are really ready for anything more complex...see bf4 threads.

News Comments > Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters
40. Re: Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters Mar 13, 2014, 13:56 4D-Boxing

Well said, the community does a good job addressing issues. Since plain deathmatch is hard to find, I reinstalled and play the old CoD4 just for that. With old school dedicates servers and I see less chewing than in recent MP titles such bf3 &4. I would think that the old school approach would be cheaper on top of offering a better experience at least on my end.

Yeah its all been said before and probe besides the point but I'm sick of seeing gaming go backwards. Removing basic features is now modernization. Someone needs to release an old school fps that way the new generation of gamers won't fall for all the hype. I ve had 20 year olds poke fun at my server browser comments by saying I'm old and can't adapt to the modern tech just like old folks crying the start menus I win8 lol..

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $38M
42. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 13:44 4D-Boxing

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 20:31:
mellis wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 20:09:
This guy seems to be making more money than a federal quantitative easing program

Well he's put a lot of effort into the fund raising drive while most developers are just "here give us money to make our game". He's being open and transparent with players. Where other developers basically are camera shy an hiding from the audience.

Very well said. To me this was an automatic buy just like a remake of UT with modern tech would. I preordered the last X game, safe to say I won't give a dime till I read user reviews. Also bought bf4 so the industry needs to impress me to get another dime from moi. The Witter 3 seems like the only title worth my money in 2014 but really hope I'm wrong.

News Comments > Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out
6. Re: Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out Jan 16, 2014, 13:45 4D-Boxing

Once they announced the player count/cap, I assumed it would be a console alpha. Not trying to say the count was dropped due to consoles.

Why is it so hard to implement a net code that can handle 64 players? UT3 titan mode did it smoothly. Anyways, I should kickstart an fps and call it basic and complete lol. Take a step forward by giving clients what they want, features that existed 10years ago like dedicated sever clients and expansion packs actually worth purchasing. Add a dash of not so modern tech like destruction seen in the first Crisis, character tailoring like in oblivion and a map editor.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 China Ban?
8. Re: Battlefield 4 China Ban? Dec 27, 2013, 13:42 4D-Boxing

Darks wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 12:11:
China is such a stupid country, when they make a big issue out of something all it does is draw more attention to them and their problems there. I never once up un till now thought any negativity about Chinas being portrayed from the game until they started whining about it.

Doubt China cares about how the are perceived. The previous administration made it clear that economic ties and open trade were the only thing that truly matters. Everyone in the so called developed world forgot all that stuff about the Tiananmen square massacre once China showed the money lol..

Might as well spare there citizen from the inventory mind boggling bad net code. Plus I would be insulted to if our Canadian soldier's lateral movement looked like Beiber trying to sidestep wearing skinny jeans 2 sizes to small.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 20, 2013, 14:06 4D-Boxing

I really don't get all the nearing in this and the previous version. Fix the netcode and undo whatever they do to lateral movement. I'm repeating myself but I can smoke anyone using an over weapon or vehicle with skill but the game is like an old school d&d dice role. Its like all soldiers are wearing skinny jeans so tight that they can't take sidesteps.

Get stuck on invisible obstacles, launchers disappear from the inventory when bogeys are in sight but magically reappear just as the get out of range.

If titanfall bombs, well have yet another crappy fragging year. I won't even talk single player cause that's sucked for so long that mp is more challenging and entertaining.

Someone needs to kick start an old scoop fps..or just remake this using arms 3. Even better, metro last light multiplayer free dlc (DM, TDM, domination/conquest, ctf and we have a better game despite not having vehicles.

571 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo