Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Lafleur

Real Name Stephen Lafleur   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nurg
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 29, 2003, 16:16
Total Comments 21 (Suspect)
User ID 19213

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > King's Quest Fan-Game Episode One
9. Re: King's Quest Fan-Game Episode One Jul 11, 2010, 21:42 Nurg

Surf wrote on Jul 11, 2010, 15:38:
Too bad EA won't allow anyone to remake/modernize some of their old games! ... MULE ...

Modernized version of M.U.L.E. now available: http://www.planetmule.com/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > AoC Rise of the Godslayer Soundtrack
3. Re: AoC Rise of the Godslayer Soundtrack Jun 11, 2010, 17:10 Nurg

I agree. The scenery and music convey an incredible atmosphere. It's a shame the gameplay doesn't appeal to me as much as I had hoped.  

News Comments > Ryzom Goes Open Source
3. Re: Ryzom Goes Open Source May 7, 2010, 08:37 Nurg

This is great. I always loved Ryzom.  

News Comments > Funcom on AoC's Turnaround
11. Re: Funcom on AoC's Turnaround Jul 10, 2009, 15:19 Nurg

I decided, as well, to try out the game again. I played most of the day and didn't see any lag or crashes at all. It seems they did fix a lot of the problems, if not for everyone. Also, I finished some quests that had been broken before.

The problem for me now is that most of the players left seem to be whiny, annoying lolkids. The population on my server is much less than it was when I first began playing. I only met a few decent players. Reminds me of my final days on Vanguard.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 8, 2009, 20:53 Nurg

"Good news, everyone."  

News Comments > Astronaut MMOG Announced
2. Re: Astronaut MMOG Announced Mar 21, 2009, 00:58 Nurg

This could be cool.  

News Comments > Galaxy Online Testing
2. Re: Galaxy Online Testing Mar 3, 2009, 10:17 Nurg

I agree. I've never liked this style of Japanese art.  

News Comments > Champions Online Movie
5. Re: Champions Online Movie Feb 8, 2009, 18:17 Nurg

... where was the cool gun upgrade from a boss drop, or player-created gun?

I believe their idea was not to have a game based primarily on items or equipment but on abilities, and in that I think they did present a refreshing style of gameplay.

Our complaint was that the missions were not very compelling and, yes, too repetitive. Once you had done some missions, seen the zones, everything just became more of the same. In this aspect, what makes WoW/EQ/etc. better, in my opinion, is the wider variety of environments, mission/quest and enemy types.

News Comments > Champions Online Movie
2. Re: Champions Online Movie Feb 8, 2009, 13:41 Nurg

I'm wondering the same. My friends and I tried out City of Heroes for a while and though we liked a lot of the game elements, we found it rather shallow.  

News Comments > Ryzom Patch & Payment Status
6. Re: Ryzom Patch & Payment Status Jan 25, 2009, 16:01 Nurg

They need to extend the gameplay of the starter island to the rest of the game. The days of grinding thousands of mobs over and over to level/skill up are over.

I certainly agree. I was the only one of our gang who paid for a month subscription and ventured off the island. I was for the most part disappointed and so we all quit at that point. I did think the creature behavior was a step in the right direction -- that is, away from creatures just standing in one spot or randomly wandering around a small designated area.

News Comments > Ryzom Patch & Payment Status
3. Re: Ryzom Patch & Payment Status Jan 25, 2009, 15:44 Nurg

Perhaps with income they can fund some feature/expansion development. My guess is that the majority of current players are the dedicated fanbase, who would still play when pay-to-play is reinstated.

It's an innovative game and the starter island is great fun. Certainly one of the more under-appreciated games out there.

News Comments > Ryzom Returning
1. No subject Aug 14, 2008, 11:43 Nurg

This was a very interesting MMO with many unique gameplay elements. It's good to see it back on its feet again. The only problem I had was that the quests beyond the "starter island" were uninteresting and didn't really convey any overall storyline. I was hoping to find out more about the origins of the planet, the real agenda behind the factions, etc. I'm sure it's tough with such a small design team.

News Comments > Nimoy to Help Beam Up Star Trek Online
3. No subject Aug 5, 2008, 21:39 Nurg

But has he played the game?

News Comments > Night Watcher Announced
4. Re: No subject Jul 31, 2008, 15:08 Nurg

I thought the same.

News Comments > Grimm Downloads Live
7. Re: Grimm Jul 31, 2008, 14:33 Nurg

For me, it was certainly cute and polished and had interesting gameplay, but after about five minutes, you find that you've just about seen all the gameplay there is. The rest of the game is repetition of the same.

News Comments > Age of Conan Patch Plans
26. No subject Jul 23, 2008, 16:02 Nurg

I've been playing it since release and haven't had any serious problems. I've had some, probably leak-related, crashes, but once every several hours is, for me, tolerable. I like the innovative combat system (for an MMO), scaled instances and random encounters (in resource areas), but other than that it reminds me of Vanguard in many ways. Fortunately, it isn't as broken or unfinished as Vanguard was at release, so there may be some hope. (I really wanted to like Vanguard.)

One fear I do have is of the often inevitable dumbing-down of MMOs. Putting in "teleport" functionality to shorten travel is the first step. For me, travel leads to more encounters with other players on the road, good or bad. And, if they would extend the random encounter feature, it would be a nice start to developing the "meaningful travel" a lot of us are looking for.

So, some good, new things, but not as much to excite me and keep me playing as I thought there would be.

News Comments > Beatles Games?
1. No subject Jun 23, 2008, 10:38 Nurg

I want a surrealistic adventure game based on Yellow Submarine. kthxbai

News Comments > R.I.P.: Gary Gygax
9. No subject Mar 4, 2008, 15:28 Nurg

If not for him, my youth would have likely been boring and unimaginative. D&D helped spark in me a strong sense of creativity and adventure.

Thanks, Gary.

News Comments > Saga Beta Opens
3. No subject Jul 5, 2007, 19:18 Nurg

It certainly looks like a unique game idea -- MMO + RTS + collectible card game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Silent Hill 4
5. EEEE!! Sep 7, 2004, 19:09 Nurg

I liked the gameplay slightly more in Fatal Frame. Targeting a ghost and holding out until just the right moment before shooting (in order to get a more powerful shot) was rather intense at times.

However, Silent Hill does have creepier environments and a more detailed storyline.

21 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo