Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jared

Real Name Jared   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vex
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 28, 2003, 01:02
Total Comments 64 (Suspect)
User ID 19191

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > TERA Free Trial
6. Re: TERA Free Trial Jun 13, 2012, 22:12 Vex

Rea1One wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 22:01:
"Play the Demo" (instant - no download) button is broken i've tried in both Chrome and Firefox and nothing works.

Try this link: http://tera.enmasse.com/demo

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
61. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 29, 2012, 04:31 Vex

durandal wrote on May 29, 2012, 04:14:
Vex wrote on May 28, 2012, 15:07:
If anyone is on the fence about this game, I strongly suggest you wait to purchase it. At this point you are paying to beta test the game, which is an insult considering how long the development cycle was. The game has been designed to train you to go to the auction house for your gear.

This.
I got the refund today. It's insulting that dev just decided not to test/balance the highest difficulty, and then put the only decent items there. There's so many broken and thoughtless mechanics at launch it's just not tolerable for me.

For example, the glaring overpowered skills/glyphs for DH/Wiz at launch (which could have been spotted in testing stage if they had half a brain), completely useless/underpowered skills/glyphs, worthless Blacksmithing/Jewelcrafting, and meaningless white item drops, etc)

You can get the refund within 30 days of purchase, and you could submit a ticket from Battle.net support page. If you are disappointed by this PoS, I suggest you do the same

Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to go ahead and do that right now. The product is not enjoyable or playable on higher difficulties in its current state, I expected a lot more from a company like Blizzard.

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
17. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 28, 2012, 15:07 Vex

If anyone is on the fence about this game, I strongly suggest you wait to purchase it. At this point you are paying to beta test the game, which is an insult considering how long the development cycle was. The game has been designed to train you to go to the auction house for your gear.  

News Comments > Risen 2 Patch Adds Dodge
9. Re: Risen 2 Patch Adds Dodge May 10, 2012, 14:07 Vex

Wow. A patch that adds a completely new defensive maneuver and enhances another. You would think decisions like that would be fleshed out in pre production considering their effect on combat mechanics. Smells like a turd to me.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auctions Detailed
42. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 01:08 Vex

That is unfortunate news. The 15% cut pretty much guarantees that you wont be able to make any significant amount of gold - or even a profit for that matter - buying items which are listed below market value and then reselling them. That's a shame, I used to enjoy doing that in WoW, but the margins are typically less than 15% of the undercut price.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Details and Trailers
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Details and Trailers Nov 11, 2011, 13:10 Vex

Guild Wars 2: Character Customization that takes androgyny to new heights.  

News Comments > Skyrim Specs
22. Re: Skyrim Specs Oct 26, 2011, 00:32 Vex

Never saw the appeal of this series. The environments, character models and animations have always struck me as being extremely generic.  

News Comments > Dragon Age II Patch
21. Re: Dragon Age II Patch Jun 3, 2011, 19:16 Vex

Is this the patch that makes the game fun?  

News Comments > AoE Online Key Giveaway Continues
21. Re: AoE Online Key Giveaway Continues May 2, 2011, 03:49 Vex

I'll take a key please, thanks!  

News Comments > On PC Fable III
13. Re: On PC Fable III Apr 17, 2011, 23:00 Vex

Fable 3 was a good rental. Too bad that option isn't available for the PC. The game was enjoyable for me up until the point where you take the throne. The moral/financial decisions that are thrust upon you at that point are an absolute joke.

I remember buying out property early in the game and having a few million near the end. My plan was to dump the cash into the royal coffers before "the event" happened to prevent almost the entire population from dying. Unfortunately, the event occurred without any warning, and my world became barren as a result. It sure is fun playing around in a sandbox with no sand

News Comments > Stardock on GameStop, Impulse, and Steam
28. Re: Stardock on GameStop, Impulse, and Steam Apr 7, 2011, 15:18 Vex

Trainwreck wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 14:59:
Keep your left-wing bullshit politics out of here, fucktards. Jesus Christ...

A grand total of 1 post referencing Sarah Palin and 2 posts referencing Glenn Beck. Some crazy left wing politics going on in here. I'm sorry your heroes are a living joke.

News Comments > Blizzard: Diablo III Could Cannibalize WoW
38. Re: Blizzard: Diablo III Could Cannibalize WoW Mar 21, 2011, 14:12 Vex

Really? This is the only logical reason? I guess we know why people voted the way they did in 2008. You guys do not look at history or facts? Blizzard has a LONG HISTORY of taking their time on games and you guys want to say this crap without any proof? Laughable. Wow is not going anywhere until Titan. Save this post and when I am right...you can cut and paste it.

Woah, easy there fanboi! D3 has been in development since 2001, which is a hell of a long time even by Blizzard standards.

Here's another reason: they are working on the console port.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/directory.html#region=Americas

News Comments > Blizzard: Diablo III Could Cannibalize WoW
29. Re: Blizzard: Diablo III Could Cannibalize WoW Mar 21, 2011, 13:09 Vex

The only reason D3 isn't out is because they haven't wanted it to cannibalize their other products....they can sit on the damn thing like a golden egg if they wanted to.

This to me is the only logical explanation for why it is taking so long to come out. My guess is they "cannibalized" their own development team and moved them to other projects, while keeping a small core of people producing carrots to keep gamers interested. The day WoW starts to lose players in droves to a decent MMOG I expect D3 to go gold.

News Comments > Blizzard Bot Decision Reversed
7. Re: Blizzard Bot Decision Reversed Dec 24, 2010, 21:40 Vex

I used to bot a while back when I played WoW. Never to farm gold or anything like that, just to level up my characters. There was something enjoyable about making the perfect loop for farming mobs. This was before they revamped the dungeon and battleground queue system. After they facilitated forming groups and got rid of the back and forth involved in dungeon queuing, I dropped the bot and played normally again. I have no regrets about using glider; I would always run the bot in extremely low traffic areas and never felt like I was impeding anyone's gameplay. I'm glad that they determined some of the things that were motivating players to use bots and fixed the game accordingly, for everyone's benefit.  

News Comments > TERA Trailer
5. Re: TERA Trailer Sep 5, 2010, 13:36 Vex

Is this another Asian grind fest?

Yes, you can tell by the visual style of the game alone that it is most definitely a Korean grind fest. Stay far away from this title.

Also, check out the boob physics at 0:56. Good thing they are diverting resources into making breast jiggle realistic.

News Comments > DotA Dev's Valve Announce Soon?
3. Re: DotA Dev's Valve Announce Soon? May 1, 2010, 19:30 Vex

Still, congrats to IceFrog, I know he has a huge fan base and probably more than a little resentment towards the guys making clones of DoTA for sale, League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, etc. Attempting to cash in on the game style he made famous.

I can't speak for League of Legends, but I know for a fact that S2 games contacted IceFrog before going public with HoN. They asked him if it was alright for them to develop a stand-alone game heavily based on DotA mechanics, and he said he had no objections. He also stated that "...competition is a good thing in the long run."

News Comments > Spore DRM Lawsuit
60. Re: No subject Sep 24, 2008, 20:19 Vex

Re: Dagok's rant about NHL 09 PS3

I highly doubt that EA will issue a patch to fix those issues. I can tell you with 99% certainty that NHL 10 is probably in pre-production right now. I worked QA this summer and NHL 09 was one of the games I tested. Most if not all of the issues you bring up were found by QA, but of course the men/women in the higher echelons shoved it out the door anyway. The only thing EA cares about is if an issue will fail the game when going to certification (CQC/ECG/first-party). Flickering players and retarded AI aren't grounds to fail a game so that shit gets shipped all the time.

Also I would hardly call the effort they are putting into NHL 10 "work". They come up with a base engine for the next gen consoles and then just churn out v 1.1, 1.2 etc. every year like clockwork. Although to be fair, I think FIFA 09 in particular is markedly different than 08. Imagine that! They actually put some effort into it instead of iterating over the vomit they release the previous year.

News Comments > Blizzard Works to Stop OpenSource WoW Glider
14. Re: Hmmm... Aug 1, 2008, 17:03 Vex

It still gives users an unfair advantage over those who don't bot, and most people play MMOs under the illusion that the playing field is fair. I wouldn't want to play with or against someone who is getting better when they themselves are not even playing the game. If a guy crams as much play time in as possible between work and sleep, great. It becomes something totally different when the game plays itself while he sleeps and works.

I don't even know where to begin with this flawed argument. Do you honestly play MMOs under the false pretense that all things within the game will be 'fair'? Tell me how class imbalance is 'fair'. Tell me how someone spending real money to buy a BoE item is 'fair'. In the real world, you know, the one in which this game exists, and wherever competition is a factor, people will spend money to gain an advantage. There is absolutely nothing unfair about this.

If someone wants to spend 25 dollars to enhance their gameplay experience or gain an advantage, good for them. You can either pony up or shut up.

News Comments > Hellgate: London - Stonehenge Delay
17. Re: Recap please Jan 22, 2008, 17:37 Vex

Oops I seem to have mis-clicked. While I'm here, if you happen to be on the fringe about buying this game, don't do it. Worst 50 dollars I've spent in a long time. So bad, in fact, that I had to force myself to finish a full playthrough of the game. Ray's post says it all.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 17:41.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Quad core Nov 2, 2006, 18:55 Vex

Hextreme?

64 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo