Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nathan Phoenix

Real Name Nathan Phoenix   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lokust
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 118666859
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 27, 2003, 23:05
Total Comments 328 (Amateur)
User ID 19188

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Tribes Ascend: Launches
61. Re: Tribes Ascend: Launches Apr 13, 2012, 08:39 Lokust

I don't think it actually qualifies as customer support when the issue is beta testing a game for free. You're certainly free to be butthurt about whatever you like though. The game is pretty fun and I'll play it occasionally.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Beta
1. Re: Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Beta Apr 11, 2012, 08:22 Lokust

I tried five rounds of this last night but really wasn't impressed. It seemed really, really spammy and very much favored players who had spent money. Yes, that's right, it's in beta, supposedly, but they're very forward about taking your money. Much like league of legends there were a few free champions you can play as, but people who actually own those champions can unlock higher damaging skills, so they have a sizable advantage. Plus, advancement without real money spending is nearly impossible. For example with a similar time investment in something like league of legends you will have been able to unlock one or two cheap champions. In this case I made 645 coins in about an hour and a half and lower cost champs are 30,000 coins, which is one hell of a grind.  

News Comments > Fallout Free on GOG.com
2. Re: Fallout Free on GOG.com<br> The original <b>Fallout</b> is being offered on <a href= Apr 5, 2012, 20:43 Lokust

A great classic game that's worth checking out if you don't already own it.  

News Comments > ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut
19. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 5, 2012, 10:40 Lokust

Read: We finally finished the game that we rushed out with a monty python ending  

News Comments > War Thunder Closed Beta
1. Re: War Thunder Closed Beta Mar 31, 2012, 01:01 Lokust

So is this a real MMO or just a basic multiplayer game pretending to be an MMO, like world of tanks?  

News Comments > New SimCity Only Playable Online
11. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 10:43 Lokust

So basically the pirated edition is feature-superior to the retail copy. Yeah, that's a great way to keep the pirates at bay!  

News Comments > BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback
13. Re: BioWare Mar 19, 2012, 10:49 Lokust

The sad thing is that I would probably buy whatever DLC they put out to help add some closure to the experience I've invested so much time in, but it will absolutely be the last time I purchase a Bioware product. Maybe even an EA product. So I hope it was worth it to them.  

News Comments > BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback
7. Re: BioWare Mar 19, 2012, 10:20 Lokust

This is a dark game. I expected a dark ending. I expected many people, and likely Shepard, would die. However, there are many objective problems with the ending not fitting the series.

All of your little choices you made don't matter. Those choices mattering have been the hallmark of this 100+ hour trilogy.

The macguffin character that is introduced at the end totally shifts all paradigms about the outcome, and your character trusts them completely, for no apparent reason. (yes, indoctrination theory, blah blah, but you're told the reason another character couldn't make that choice is that they were indoctrinated, so I don't buy that)

Why did the Normandy retreat, and in some cases, pick up crew from the earth battle site first, to be in the position they were in? It could show crew surviving and healthy with the Normandy when they appeared to die few minutes earlier. If they didn't die, why didn't they follow you and help you?

The reapers were marginalized in the ending. Harbinger deserved more than a cameo.

I'm okay with the fact that every choice you are allowed to make is effectively mass genocide and the apocalyptic ending of the way of life as everyone knows it, but with the investment in many of these characters, not just Shepard, we should see more of how things turned out for them, and your choices made in the game should take that into account. Fallout 3 would be an example of how to do this.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend
51. Re: Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend Mar 18, 2012, 13:50 Lokust

Saren, before being declared rogue before you leave the Citadel the first time, could have gotten onto the Citadel anytime he wanted, sure. Afterward it would have been much more difficult. But it wasn't just Saren. It was Saren and an army of Geth. They really did need the conduit for that, so they could strike out of nowhere at the heart of the Citadel, and come out right by the Citadel Tower in the presidium.

You could argue that Saren was already controlled by Sovereign and could have done this all beforehand, but it's possible that Sovereign didn't want to risk it's investment in Saren and wanted to ensure it had other loyal forces present.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 14, 2012, 10:14 Lokust

Maybe Kotaku has real content. Maybe.

Naaahhh

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: MechWarrior Online Gameplay Trailer Mar 9, 2012, 21:32 Lokust

they need to stfu and take my money  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Announced
4. Re: Assassin's Creed III Announced Mar 5, 2012, 22:02 Lokust

Eh, I'll let them call it 3, because the other AC games were not made by the teams that did 1 and 2, and this game is.  

News Comments > World of Warplanes Alpha Soars
7. Re: World of Warplanes Alpha Soars Mar 1, 2012, 12:14 Lokust

It's quite fun, but a bit harder to play casually, unless you're satisfied with mouse/kb for flight controls.  

News Comments > Sony Server Closures
1. Re: Sony Server Closures Mar 1, 2012, 12:12 Lokust

9+ years is a really good run for a niche MMO. EA could learn a lot from this example.  

News Comments > BioWare on MMO Mass Effect Possibilities
4. Re: BioWare on MMO Mass Effect Possibilities Feb 27, 2012, 12:46 Lokust

I think so many people would want to play a Krogan that they would definitely need to have it be canon that the genophage was cured.  

News Comments > Syndicate Solicits Pirates
9. Re: Syndicate Solicits Pirates Feb 24, 2012, 22:26 Lokust

nin wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 22:00:

I would have liked to have tried this game. Shame about the origin shit.

This. If you aren't big enough to get your game on Steam then I can't be bothered to check out your game that's beneath my notice. And given the number of excellent indie developers on Steam selling their games for VERY reasonable prices, this EA company must be a tiny group of nobodies or something.

News Comments > Company of Heroes for OS X Next Month
1. Re: Company of Heroes for OS X Next Month Feb 23, 2012, 00:26 Lokust

Nice to see that Mac gamers get great games too! I mean it's only five and a half years after PC gamers got it, but hey, who's counting right? And Company of Heroes is one of the finest multiplayer RTS's ever made, so it will be great for Mac gamers to finally experience tha.... oh wait, no multiplayer.

Sorry guys, only Blizzard loves you.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Beta Opens Friday
4. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Opens Friday Feb 22, 2012, 11:00 Lokust

It's pretty much already an open beta. All you have to do to get in is like them on facebook.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Tactics Announced
25. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 22:37 Lokust

I hate the stupid animéd up concept mech art. I hope the in game visuals don't look like that.  

News Comments > Free BF3 With Origin ME3 Preorders
5. Re: Free BF3 With Origin ME3 Preorders Feb 15, 2012, 22:23 Lokust

will be buying for 360 as wife plays it too and she doesn't like to pc game. i just wouldn't have minded the bf3.  

328 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo