Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nathan Phoenix

Real Name Nathan Phoenix   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lokust
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 118666859
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 27, 2003, 23:05
Total Comments 328 (Amateur)
User ID 19188

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Star Wars KOTOR
29. Re: Would I like it? Nov 19, 2003, 16:44 Lokust

For what it's worth, I was never 'offended' by anything you said Furious. I was just debating the point...which is something message boards are wonderful for. All I've been trying to say is that I don't think MP is inherently worth more money than SP, that both have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Also, System Shock 2 was fun as hell in co-op, but it didn't have co-op support out of the box. It was added after the fact in a patch, and was somewhat buggy at that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: MP? Ok..... Nov 19, 2003, 14:35 Lokust

I just don't see why EVERY game needs to have multiplayer. I think two or three years ago I probably shared your point of view, and I wouldn't touch a game where I couldn't either go kick ass with my friends, or go kick my friends' asses. Now though, I am perfectly fine with a game that I can play to experience a good story by myself, without having to worry about getting our regular gaming group together. I have MMO games and shooter games for my MP fix, but sometimes it's fun to play through a decent single player game, like GTA. I'm hoping to get the same out of KOTOR when I get around to picking it up.

11. Re: Blah Nov 19, 2003, 14:08 Lokust

congrats on totally missing the point of what this game is all about Furious.

News Comments > Matrix Online Website
34. Re: heh Nov 15, 2003, 00:09 Lokust

" The reason that you find so many people who dislike the 2nd two films is because they aim for the intellectual middle class. The movies are too smart for the masses, so they tend not to like them. At the same time, elitist film critics are far to pretentious to enjoy the films, as they are fundamentally action movies rather than high-minded drama. That leaves people like me who are smart enough to enjoy them while at the same time not too pretentious to hate the films for what they're not. "

Thanks for the funniest post I've read all day.

I mean seriously, was there even any meaningful dialogue or character development in the last movie? The battle at the end looked like it was ripped from an episode of Dragonball Z.

News Comments > Matrix Online Website
1. heh Nov 14, 2003, 11:32 Lokust

Does anyone still care about this game, with as bad as the last two movies have been?

News Comments > GameSpy & DMCA Follow-up
24. Re: crap Nov 13, 2003, 10:04 Lokust

I still use gamespy arcade, gamespy 3d & roger wilco. They rock. Everyone likes to hate the big bad corporation, but you have to admit that GameSpy broke a lot of new ground when it came to bringing multiplayer games to the masses. Before GS3d the closest thing you had to a server browser was quake's in-game thing where you could manually enter up to 10 ip addresses, and you had to hope you could find a website somewhere with IP's that worked, had good ping, etc.

A lot of other companies have emulated and even built upon what they did since then, but we might not have come as far as we have today without their original innovation.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy I: Final Fantasy XI
4. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2003, 11:01 Lokust

I thought PSO had small player run servers of 4 players or so, like diablo did...

News Comments > Game Guidance
11. Classic scrub Oct 27, 2003, 18:07 Lokust

This guy is a classic scrub. He does not play Jedi Academy, he plays within his own personal mental restrictions. Therefore, players who DO play Jedi Academy (without these stupid restrictions) can easily defeat him.

The best read on this subject can be found here:
http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart1.htm

328 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo