Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nathan Phoenix

Real Name Nathan Phoenix   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lokust
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 118666859
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 27, 2003, 23:05
Total Comments 328 (Amateur)
User ID 19188

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer Online Cancelled
52. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2004, 23:11 Lokust

Kobolt you're a moron. What makes Guild Wars any less of an MMORPG than WoW or EQ? They all have instanced shit. Guild Wars just takes the bullshit out of the the MMO.

No retarded timesinks such as

DAOC style crafting
pointless unfun travel time
endless camp farming

And replaces them with fun shit like

pvp that always has even teams
awesome story missions
awesome skill/dual class system

no monthly fee is icing on the cake. Who cares if shit is instanced rather than being one bigass zone. Anyone who's played MMO's long enough to get jaded by some of the common design elements knows that bigger is not necesarily better. 10 zones for 10 people each means you have 100 people each getting the content they want, instead of 100 people bitching about lag and stealing your fucking mobs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Painkiller Patch
9. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2004, 16:14 Lokust

Everyone told me the last level was so spectacular that I plodded through the game to finish it. The last level is cool from a level design perspective, but it's one of the most annoying/unfun boss fights I've ever played through in a first person shooter.

News Comments > Painkiller Patch
6. Re: upcoming patch Jun 11, 2004, 11:56 Lokust

The only reason the patch is so big is because they crammed 2 MP maps into it. It would have made a hell of a lot more sense to make the maps a seperate download.

News Comments > DAoC: New Frontiers Beta
1. Worth noting... Jun 8, 2004, 12:34 Lokust

Worth noting that this open beta is open only to paying customers. If you have quit DAOC and was curious about whether frontiers was worth coming back for, you won't be able to get on and test this.

News Comments > New Natural Selection Beta
11. Re: No subject May 3, 2004, 14:02 Lokust

3.0 Beta has been great for the most part. This version constantly locks up on me though, and lots of others are having the same problem. Hope they bring out a fix for it soon - it's a damn fun game.

News Comments > Midway Takeover?
4. Re: Sumner Redstone Apr 29, 2004, 14:55 Lokust

First thing they need to do is fire all of the AI people that put the annoying cheating AI into EVERY SINGLE MIDWAY GAME.

News Comments > City of Heroes Live
53. Re: oy Apr 28, 2004, 21:57 Lokust

I don't understand how people don't "get" the monthly fee for games like this. They are still in the pre-2000 internet free ride mentality. There are signifigant costs of running servers, bandwidth, and especially customer support. The money to pay for that has to come from somewhere.

If you aren't down with that, fine, just go back to playing on your free CS/unreal. Free to you, that is, because someone else is nice enough to allow you to play on their dime by providing the server and bandwidth.

News Comments > DAoC Account Splitting
8. Re: No subject Apr 22, 2004, 17:18 Lokust

they should do this for free since they are getting more monthly subscription fees out of it. No surprise that they decided to gouge for it though.

News Comments > Starsiege TRIBES & TRIBES 2 for Free
22. Re: No subject Apr 10, 2004, 22:41 Lokust

I loved these games on release, but the biggest problem is that the developers did nothing about the rampant script-cheating in the games which made them utterly inaccessable to the new player.

News Comments > Laser Squad Nemesis SP Mode
10. hmm Apr 8, 2004, 17:27 Lokust

I have to wonder if they have made this more stable. I tried the demo a few months ago and was never able to get through the only single player mission without it crashing. I tried the sucker like 10 times too, and it's not like the game was taxing my system any.

News Comments > More on UO Add-on
6. Re: No subject Feb 26, 2004, 19:46 Lokust

The last thing the world needs right now is another UO expansion. BRING BACK MULTIPLAYER BATTLETECH:3025 YOU FUCKERS!

News Comments > UT2004 Demo's Glory
41. Re: heh Feb 21, 2004, 10:59 Lokust

No, what's silly is your spin. Epic is saying that high amount of downloads = indication of popularity, which it is. If just half of the people who downloaded the demo buy the game, it will indeed "redefine what it means to compete online" because a whole hell of a lot of people will be playing UT2K4, changing the demographics of servers dedicated to games (perhaps UT2K4 will dent Counter-strike's dominance?) However, in your desire to bash the game and the company, you have spun the situation exactly in the same way you've accused Epic of doing.

Terpfan, not only did you miss the point, but you managed to be a dick while you were at it. My point was that being downloaded a lot doesn't mean shit. I've downloaded tons of demos, but my downloading them was no indication of whether I liked the game. Rather, my downloading them was a chance to try that game out for free. I was stating that they were putting a spin on it by saying that 1.5 mil. downloaders = 1.5 million people who dig the game, when in fact we have no idea how many liked or disliked it.

I never dissed the product itself. I rather enjoy it, in fact. I just was highly amused by the spin they put on the number of downloads. We all expect press releases to have a poor signal to noise ratio, and this was an egregious example of it.

In your desire to prove yourself a fanboy and bash me, you put words in my mouth, which I don't appreciate. All I did was call attention to a humorous point in the press release, not "bash the game and the company." Fucktard.

News Comments > UT2004 Demo's Glory
16. heh Feb 20, 2004, 16:49 Lokust

The actual press release is pretty funny. Check out this quote:

Clearly, as PC gamers everywhere have demonstrated, 'Unreal Tournament 2004' stands to redefine what it means to compete online."

What, gamers demonstrated that they will grab anything that's free? Or that they would only try the next UT game for free after how bad the last one was? This whole spin that they are trying to put onto it that a high number of downloads = the game kick ass is just silly. If a doom 3 demo came out tomorrow you'd see that many downloads in one day.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 16:50.

News Comments > DAoC: New Frontiers Announced
9. Re: No subject Feb 18, 2004, 16:36 Lokust

um, this is old news, they have been making this public for over two months now, probably more.

News Comments > Dogpile on GTA
18. ... Jan 26, 2004, 12:06 Lokust

fuck lieberman

News Comments > Miami Vice & Knight Rider 2 Announced
30. Re: Jan 12, 2004, 21:40 Lokust

What's next? Commandos IV: The A Team?

News Comments > DAOC Frontiers
4. Re: rvr? Dec 11, 2003, 14:37 Lokust

It's just marketing bullshit. It's not REALLY an expansion, its just a bigass patch that will take you a long time to download.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - T3: War of the Machines
18. Re: No subject Dec 3, 2003, 17:26 Lokust

The game plays like a really, really bad BF1942 mod, but built on weaker graphics technology.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: SBC brings a tear to my eye Nov 22, 2003, 01:35 Lokust

oh my god... highping...you scare me. SBC IS THE DEVIL. YOU HEAR ME? THE DEVIL! THEY ARE THE EVIL EMPIRE. THE REPRESENT ALL THAT IS AWFUL AND HORRIBLE IN THE WORLD.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Magic: The Gathering - Battlegrounds
5. Re: interesting... Nov 20, 2003, 05:26 Lokust

I picked this up today, pretty neat. Kind of like a real time representation of the card game. It can get a little spastic at times when you're trying to spam spells/creatures out as fast as you can, but it seemed pretty cool after a couple hours of play.

Unfortunately I picked up KOTOR PC today so that & FFXI are already competing for the lion's share of my time...

328 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo