Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nathan Phoenix

Real Name Nathan Phoenix   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lokust
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 118666859
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 27, 2003, 23:05
Total Comments 328 (Amateur)
User ID 19188

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: it's your letters Dec 24, 2004, 22:30 Lokust

those space marine suits are bad ass. Way better than most cosplay stuff you see, at any rate.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Demo
22. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2004, 19:49 Lokust

when your demo is bigger than many other company's games, it's time to start cutting stuff out of it...

News Comments > Dealer Announced
28. Re: No subject Dec 2, 2004, 12:46 Lokust

I vote this one "game most likely to be developed by a bunch of 14 year old boys"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - World of Warcraft
21. Re: EQ2 Nov 23, 2004, 19:00 Lokust

I haven't been in an MMO launch this bad since Anarchy Online. I've been waiting in the login queue for 50 minutes and it says approximately 55 more to go. Of course it said 55 minutes to begin with, so who knows if I'll ever get to play.

News Comments > Halo Movie?
1. heh Nov 19, 2004, 12:07 Lokust

"The Rock" as Master Chief and Milla Jovovich as Cortana?

News Comments > DAoC: Catacombs "Open" Beta Plans
6. Re: Fraud! Nov 7, 2004, 14:54 Lokust

Both WoW and Daoc have a mix of team PvP and high end raiding as their endgame. I haven't seen much of EQ2 so I can't comment on that, though. I really think you have a misconception of WoW being a purely PvP game with no high level content, or something. Both games offer many of the same things. Daoc just caters more to the hardcore player who spends more time in the game, where WoW is more casual player (mass market) friendly.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 14:57.

News Comments > Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Patch
6. Re: No subject Nov 6, 2004, 02:23 Lokust

It already has one.

It just needs another three....

News Comments > Op Ed
1. best game ever Oct 20, 2004, 08:32 Lokust

The BT 3025 article is great. Truly the best mech game I have ever played and I still curse EA for fucking up and canceling that.

News Comments > Anarchy Online for Free
2. Re: No subject Oct 8, 2004, 10:46 Lokust

POS? Nawww. AO sucked really bad at launch and most of it's first year, but it's been a really solid game for a long time. One of the best MMO's out there and certainly a better sci-fi MMO than Star Wars Galaxies.

News Comments > Survivor Announced
19. Re: No subject Oct 5, 2004, 15:25 Lokust

They may get a ton of free publicity, yes, but what store would want to carry something like this?

News Comments > Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Patch
17. Re: It's Warcraft 3 turned up to 11. Sep 28, 2004, 13:53 Lokust

I find the comparison to Warcraft surprising, because I hated WC3, but love Dawn of War.

Also, it's the 1.0 version of the game would not properly connect to non-US versions anyway. You would get sync errors. The patch just makes it so you can't even try. It also makes it so that the game's automatch feature doesn't try to hook US and non US players together - which is a good thing if they wouldn't be able to play anyway.

News Comments > Gold - Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
11. Re: No subject Sep 7, 2004, 11:23 Lokust

I'm in the beta for this one and I love it.

News Comments > Anarchy Online: Alien Invasion Gold
13. Re: No subject Aug 11, 2004, 09:13 Lokust

Is Grid Armor going to be nerfed in this expansion's zones like it was in the Shadowlands?

News Comments > Camelot Calling
13. Re: No subject Jul 1, 2004, 09:13 Lokust

I dunno, I quit a couple months after TOA came out as well, but I resubbed in the last week, and I'm having probably the most fun I ever have with the game.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Cancelled
74. Re: Instant Jun 28, 2004, 11:55 Lokust

No. In conclusion, Kobalt has the lowest reading comprehension of anyone to grace Blue's News. That or he's an eleven year old troll. I'm not sure.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. hah Jun 28, 2004, 11:53 Lokust

The guy who wrote the first Razer mouse review there claims that the original Boomslang had great engineering behind it... what a crock. I went through three of thouse things. They were always great for the first few months, then they would start to fall apart. The buttons would stick down, the mousewheel would bind up and stop moving. I loved the feel of the cursor but mechanically they were pieces of shit.

69. Re: Instant Jun 23, 2004, 13:50 Lokust

At one point I would have agreed with you 100%. My first 'MMO' style game was a mud where you always dropped 100% of your items and cash every time you died, and it was full PK. You got good at fighting other players and playing cat and mouse rather quickly. What made it okay though was that you could get some generic equipment and still do OK in a pinch.

The problem I have with that type of gameplay in modern MMO games is that they equipment and level mean too much and player skill means too little. The tenacious player that farms 4x more than I do becomes an implacable foe no matter how much better I may be as a player. I get frustrated when I run into those battles because I know I could win if the odds were even. I don't lose because of skill, I lose because I have a life and the other guy catasses.

I really think Guild Wars is going to be a step forward by evening those odds. If you like to be the underdog... by all means, seek out games that put you in those situations. I just can't seem to find many games where being the underdog is fun because too often being in that position means it's pointless to even try.

If someone made a good PvP no-carebear game I would probably be into it. The last game like that I played was Shadowbane, and I liked the tension of not really being able to trust the people around you, but the games city/siege system was horrible and they screwed up by putting so much flight into the game. The PVP servers on EQ were a huge improvement over the blue servers, but I can't deal with EQ's pacing anymore. Lacking a good pure PVP game, I look for fun gameplay wherever else I can find it.

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 13:54.

News Comments > Dark Age of Camelot: New Frontiers Live
10. Re: Too little too late!! Jun 22, 2004, 23:00 Lokust

I just wish they would release a couple no-TOA servers. There seems to be an awful lot of demand for the old style of play.

News Comments > Dark Age of Camelot: New Frontiers Live
7. Re: A year or so late.. Jun 22, 2004, 17:15 Lokust

It had some really horribly designed epic encounters, about half of which did not actually work at the product launch. The main issue is that it introduced many more timesinks between master levels, new equipment, and acquiring and levelling artifacts. They company line, prior to release, was that these abilities and items would not have a major impact on RvR. In actuality, these items made it so that one person that had them could often take out three people that didn't. They were that overpowering.

65. Re: Instant Jun 22, 2004, 16:11 Lokust

Don't get me wrong, I've been my share of the ganker and the gankee, but eventually you get tired of being in both roles, and what you want is a challenge. The best way you can find a challenge is to have even teams. You don't play quake (or whatever) capture the flag with 3 people on one team and 9 on the other do you? Why not? It's boring as shit for everyone. You get 3 peeps to switch and even the teams and you have some hot action going.

What's the fun if the outcome is a foregone conclusion? If I'm a level 50 assassin and I gank a level 20 mage, it's boring. It's pedestrian. Anyone could do it. But putting equal forces against each other... then it's anybody's game. There's tension. Adrenaline. Excitement. What's not to like? Unless you're so insecure that you can't stand to lose once in a while, that is...

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 16:13.

328 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo