Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nathan Phoenix

Real Name Nathan Phoenix   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lokust
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 118666859
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 27, 2003, 23:05
Total Comments 328 (Amateur)
User ID 19188

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > BF2: Armored Fury Update
20. my bad May 1, 2006, 22:58 Lokust

I'm sorry. It appears I was completely mistaken about the future of the A-10 and that I have to go beat the asses of some people that are full shit. Please resume the discussion and have a pleasant evening.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: interesting May 1, 2006, 22:15 Lokust

I guess the impression I got was that you had bf1942, bf2, set in 2042, and the next game was bf2142. The tech level in BF2 for the most part seems appropriate. Either way, the A-10 IS out of service now.

2. interesting May 1, 2006, 20:40 Lokust

As much as I think the A-10 is cool as hell, it seems out of place in the 2042 setting since it has been retired already.

News Comments > Quake 4 Patch Pulled
14. Re: Patch pulled? Mar 29, 2006, 16:58 Lokust

Naw, EA/DICE would just leave it out there for a month before releasing a fix patch, but tell server admins not to run a couple specific maps.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. heh Mar 27, 2006, 09:53 Lokust

more like "surprisingly, EQ2 didn't put too big a bite into our EQ sub base because it tanked miserably."

News Comments > BF2 Patch Plans
15. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2006, 09:59 Lokust

Since when does EB have a no fuss return policy on opened PC games? I don't think it's been that way in like 5 years.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Waaaaaah? Jan 26, 2006, 11:57 Lokust

The author of that article has to be one of the dumbest people alive. Blizzard does more to support their older games than any PC other developer EVER has, in pretty much the entire history of PC gaming. D2 came out in 2000, with the expansion in 2001, yet in 2005, Blizzard was still patching the game. Not just any old patch either - patches that add a great deal to the game. The kind of patches that EA would call bonus packs and charge you money for.

So what if, after 5 years, the game isn't perfect. Nothing is. It was, and is still, a hella fun game. Enjoy your memories of the game and move on with dignity. It has to happen sooner or later.

News Comments > Medieval 2: Total War Announced
2. :( Jan 20, 2006, 23:49 Lokust

If they were going to revisit one, I would have hoped for Shogun.

News Comments > Dear Diaries
1. rip off? Jan 11, 2006, 07:40 Lokust

The warhammer online diary is a word-for-word cut and paste from the official website. I wonder if they had permission to repost or just "took the initiative"

http://www.warhammeronline.com/profiles/destin_bales_diary.php

News Comments > Sims 2: Open for Business Announced
1. Woot Jan 4, 2006, 11:25 Lokust

Finally, SimBrothel! How long have I pined for thee!

News Comments > EVE Online Free Add-on Plans
21. Re: Greatest game ever Nov 19, 2005, 11:59 Lokust

I loved the time-based learning system until I realized that there was literally no possible way for a new competitive player to ever be on par with someone who had been playing for years. Once I realized that, the magic was gone.

News Comments > Starship Troopers in NA Next Week
4. Re: No subject Nov 12, 2005, 01:49 Lokust

I thought the demo was terrible. Always being able to just run away and rest up to full health really took the tension out of the game.

News Comments > DoW: Winter Assault Demo
10. Re: DoW Winter Assault Sep 29, 2005, 20:47 Lokust

In the dawn of war intro, the space marines charge up the hill after they think they had killed all of the orks. The remaining orks were lying in wait and charged after the marines already had their momentum going. At that point it would have been too late to turn back

News Comments > Civilization IV to Dawn Early
8. Re: Civ 4 Sep 8, 2005, 08:02 Lokust

Or maybe they are just ahead of schedule and all is well. It's not like the whole 'making Civ games' thing is NEW to them at this point.

News Comments > Dawn of War Patch Thursday
9. Re: Why don't more people love this game Sep 7, 2005, 07:26 Lokust

That doesnt make sense.

If you say you need to win every battle or you go under, that implies that if you win 4 battles, then lose the 5th, you're screwed. However, that would mean your opponent lost 4 battles but still managed to come back.

In my experience it can be hard to push, even if you win a battle, due to many heavy weapons having a setup time. Often losers will fall back to a defensive position, winners will chase, and get tore up by heavy weaponry because they ran headfirst into it without stopping to set up their own heavy weaponry.

News Comments > MMO Sweatshops
18. Re: No subject Jul 6, 2005, 23:33 Lokust

It's not necesarily pathetic. You can spend $20 cash to buy the game-money it takes to get items that might take you weeks to otherwise farm, as a casual player. $20 is only a couple hours of overtime after taxes for me. Which is more pathetic, spending a week or more farming an item or finding a more expedient means to an end?

Of course, if the items were actually fun to try to obtain in the first place, it probably wouldn't be an issue, but that's a topic for another debate.

News Comments > BF2 Ranked Servers Status
16. Re: This game isn't done Jun 24, 2005, 07:37 Lokust

Zeph-
In the demo that generally meant you had your video/audio settings set to higher values than your machine could handle and/or your video or audio drivers were out of date. I had the same issues with the demo and updating my sound drivers fixed some of it while turning down some visual detail fixed the rest. I haven't gotten around to snagging retail (probably will this weekend!) but I would be surprised if it was not a similar problem.

News Comments > Gold - Guild Wars
4. Re: I was in beta Apr 21, 2005, 19:25 Lokust

I thought there were only 2 periods of free testing, and the rest were for pre-orders?

News Comments > WoW Shortages
7. Re: LOL Jan 12, 2005, 22:29 Lokust

Blizzard has a reputation of putting together really nice content in their Collector's edition boxes while other companies basically charge you extra money for a Collector box and the only thing different is that the game is on DVD. While I wouldn't pay $150 for one, I could see how a fan that missed the boat might feel it's worth it.

News Comments > Guild Wars Beta Weekend
6. Re: Hype? Jan 7, 2005, 11:01 Lokust

this is apparently only for people who have preordered the game? The post here is somewhat misleading.

328 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo