Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nathan Phoenix

Real Name Nathan Phoenix   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lokust
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 118666859
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 27, 2003, 23:05
Total Comments 328 (Amateur)
User ID 19188

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. um.. Nov 12, 2007, 21:24 Lokust

There already is a site covering game content aimed at parents - it's called gamerdad.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Demo
9. Re: Demo Oct 31, 2007, 20:31 Lokust

Since this game is on a 2D plane instead of being in full 3D, does that mean it's technically a driving game instead of a flying game?

News Comments > Warhammer Online Beta Blooms
5. Re: 300k beta signups Jul 23, 2007, 12:04 Lokust

Where are you coming up with this WoW 2.0 stuff?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2007, 16:18 Lokust

To be fair though, FiringSquad.com did more to bring Thresh closer to being a household name (which he's not) than playing Quake ever did. Hardcore FPS gaming is still a very small niche. Being good at it is great and all, but to use the term video game legend? Come on. When I see the term video game legend thrown around, it makes me think more along the lines of Nolan Bushnell, John Carmack or Sid Meier than it makes me think of the people that play what the aforementioned folks create.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2007, 07:17 Lokust

I've met fatality, and he certainly seemed to think he was a legend. I don't know anyone else that gets shirts made with their internet nickname printed on it. Being good at quake hardly makes you a video game legend though.

News Comments > Daikatana Deathmatch
21. Re: No subject May 9, 2007, 15:07 Lokust

The DK DM was always solid and fast paced. The different weapons for each era's maps helped keep things fresh. As far as SP goes, there were certainly games out there that were a lot better, but many that were worse. The game had a really odd mix in level design quality. Some levels were just amazingly good and others were horrible. My biggest gripe with the game wasn't the infamous mosquitos and frogs, but rather automatic doors that would open when you approached, and then crush you to death if you were in the way when they closed. >.<

I took a lot of shit from people when I gave the game a score in the 70's when I reviewed it for gamespy, but as one of the probably very few people that actually played through it start to finish and spent a lot of time with the MP, I still think it's a fair score. It's a very middle of the road game, with some really crappy things and some really positive things as well - and multiplayer was definitely one of the positive things.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Vista Geometry Wars & Demo
6. umm.. Mar 7, 2007, 15:29 Lokust

Didn't they already use that subtitle for Halo?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2007, 15:58 Lokust

No Wii or PC version of Star Wars: FU is proof that there is no one with a soul left at LucasArts.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: heh Dec 11, 2006, 00:01 Lokust

apparently my commentary on how ridiculous it is for one country's patent system to have an impact on products developed in another country was lost on your vast store of intelligence, fuckface.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. heh Dec 10, 2006, 00:47 Lokust

and why should a japanese company be affected by an american patent anyway? I guess innovation in other parts of the world isn't a valid concept.

News Comments > Prey Triton Solution
11. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2006, 23:24 Lokust

It is incredibly awesome of 3dRealms to do this, especially considering how quickly they are getting the ball rolling on it.

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Demo Plans
15. Re: Board Room Decision Aug 30, 2006, 23:29 Lokust

EA Games: Chargefor Everything

News Comments > Scarface Dated
3. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2006, 11:30 Lokust

hotley anticipated by whom?

News Comments > BF2142 Veterans Program
15. Re: Lolipop Aug 24, 2006, 08:55 Lokust

Wow, I WAS interested in this game, but lame crap like this is making me consider passing it over.

News Comments > EA Server Shutdowns
29. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2006, 12:35 Lokust

EA Games, chargefor everything

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: off-base... Jul 28, 2006, 02:07 Lokust

Just seems like a whining kid with a case of entitlement. Servers cost money to run. GM's have salaries. A live team that adds content and patches has salaries. A subscription fee is necesary to cover those in an MMO. Microsoft runs servers that make up the backbone of Xbox Live - it costs money, and subscription fees cover it.

You notice that single player games don't have those issues. Multiplayer games that you don't take online don't have them either. You buy the console, you buy the game, end of story.

Gaming hasn't gotten more expensive, it has gotten more diverse. You can still buy your basic RPG's and fighting games that you play with friends, or you can pay for the premium services if you choose to. There is no free lunch. The services that cost money for the vendor to provide have those costs passed on to the customer. It's not rocket science.

News Comments > Ultima Online Deflation
5. Re: 180 accounts? Jul 6, 2006, 23:42 Lokust

Not that I play the game, but UO has well over 100k subscribers. Over 130k, if the mmogchart.com is accurate. It's no WoW, but 100k+ x 12.95/mo. = worth continuing work on it and policing the playerbase.

News Comments > Hero Online Beta
6. Re: Martial arts MMORPG Jul 3, 2006, 01:49 Lokust

any time I put together 'westernization' and 'mmo' all that I can come up with is a lineage clone. Is this any different?

News Comments > EA To Acquire Mythic
29. Re: Nerf-Bat Jun 20, 2006, 22:38 Lokust

This really sucks. I was seriously looking forward to Warhammer online, but I can't think of anything that could possibly be worse for this game then its developer being acquired by EA. Time will tell I suppose, but I had been banking on WO being a sure thing, but now all bets are off.

News Comments > New EverQuest II Expansion & Adventure Pack Announced
7. Re: No subject May 2, 2006, 21:55 Lokust

That level of masochism is really sad. Oh noes! Improvements in UI design! Run!

328 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo