Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nathan Phoenix

Real Name Nathan Phoenix   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lokust
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 118666859
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 27, 2003, 23:05
Total Comments 328 (Amateur)
User ID 19188

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Released; Two More Packs Planned
6. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Released; Two More Packs Planned Oct 23, 2012, 22:04 Lokust

This sounds like something I'll be able to wait 6-12 months for and pick it up in a 75% off steam franchise or seasonal sale  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 20, 2012, 19:29 Lokust

Could Halo 4 possibly look less interesting?  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Next Month
12. Re: PlanetSide 2 Next Month Oct 19, 2012, 11:45 Lokust

I haven't fired up the beta in quite a while, but I was disappointed when I did. The cert system was confusing, bases were annoying to figure out how to navigate, and the shooter combat felt less fun than the original planetside. Has it gotten any better in the last month or so?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 16, 2012, 17:57 Lokust

god if there's one regard in which a ps3 vastly superior to the 360 it's that they don't fuck with the UI. I miss the UI the 360 shipped with. I'll take it any day over the last three iterations.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2012, 22:18 Lokust

Thanks for keeping the site running, Blue. Have been visiting since 98 or so and am happy that it hasn't changed.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 15, 2012, 12:11 Lokust

nin wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 11:04:
Happy 35th, Atari 2600.

Still have fond memories of my father and I playing Space Invaders and Combat, when I was young.

Me too, these days all of those game modes would probably be considered inane, but there was much bonding to be had when one player could move and the other had to shoot, or one could only move left and the other could only move right.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch
6. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch Oct 11, 2012, 21:13 Lokust

I can't fathom why this needs to be 1.8 gb unless they dropped a bunch of replacement FMV  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Open Beta Next Week
32. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 10:24 Lokust

InBlack wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 10:18:
Lokust wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 09:47:
InBlack wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 09:20:
Its not lame, and its supported in cannon. Its also not a get out of jail free card as the sinks are basically useless for a good amount of time after being vented which in turn means you are basically a toothless shooting duck in that time.

Right, the tabletop rules. MW4's is not implemented that way. Not even close.

You're the one saying it was supported in the source material, but in the source material it was a system that had weight and drawbacks so it wasn't an auto-include on every mech.

You can add and remove weapons, heatsinks, etc, after you have played long enough with trial mechs to unlock a real mech that you can customize (or you can buy one with real money for ~$7-20 depending on chassis).

Supposedly a coolant pod module like you are interested in may eventually be an option, but at expense of possibly taking up weight and probably taking a slot that could be used by other enhancement modules.

Huh? Who gives a fuck? Its an elegant solution to a balance problem. Another would be to allow heat intensive mechs to install more heatsinks. Does MW:O allow for this kind of customization?

31. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 10:19 Lokust

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 10:10:
Yeah because MW4 was oh so simmy. Dizzy The movement feels right, weapon ranges are taken acount of, and really generally the team that works together wins every match. Just because laser shots don't randomly miss and you're not rolling dice against your monitor doesn't make it arcade.

MW4 was the least simmy one to date when it came out. They passed that torch on, it would appear. No one said it needed random dice roll misses.

27. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 09:49 Lokust

Cabezone wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 09:22:
This is the problem with using a known universe. The TT neckbeards always get up in arms that they didn't' make a turn based strategy game identical to the TT.

The game modes are way too sparse right now but this isn't an action game. It does require some hand eye coordination as it is a real time game, but only the most feeble have trouble landing shots. Calling it arcady is laughable.

I called it arcade because it's too easy to land shots. In a simulation, controlling and aiming is hard. In an arcade game you can easily mouselook-shoot with perfect precision. In this case you can shoot with perfect precision of 9 lasers that have perfect convergence on target. That's about as close to the definition of arcade gameplay (when compared to simulation) as you can get.

26. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 09:47 Lokust

InBlack wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 09:20:
Its not lame, and its supported in cannon. Its also not a get out of jail free card as the sinks are basically useless for a good amount of time after being vented which in turn means you are basically a toothless shooting duck in that time.

Right, the tabletop rules. MW4's is not implemented that way. Not even close.

23. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 08:45 Lokust

PHJF wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 21:42:
Doesn't get more arcade-like than Hawken.

They're both arcade, honestly. Hawken just does arcade better. This iteration of MW certainly feels the least simulation like of any MW game, but gotta cater to the lowest common denominator, especially when you're using a free to play business model.

22. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 08:43 Lokust

InBlack, it's already the most dumbed down MW game ever made. No need to add a get out of jail free for heat to make that even worse.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 8, 2012, 18:49 Lokust

Agreed with Fion - it definitely damages Riot's credibility when it comes to their pushing League of Legends as an E-sport. The fact that they can't do a LAN mode for tournaments (or even for players who want to play it on a LAN is just absurd in this day and age.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an "Endangered Species"
16. Re: Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an Oct 3, 2012, 21:26 Lokust

Skyrim called. They said you're full of shit.  

News Comments > XCOM Shooter Going Third-Person?
28. Re: XCOM Shooter Going Third-Person? Oct 1, 2012, 18:03 Lokust

RailWizard wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 16:18:
NewMaxx wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 12:11:
RailWizard wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 10:30:
Yeah probably just as well. No one remembers Enforcer as it is.

http://www.ign.com/games/x-com-enforcer/pc-15224

8.0 lol, guess I have to take it back. At least one pathetic editor liked it.

That *HAS* to be a paid-for review. I tried it for the hell of it because it came with an x-com pack on steam. It plays like a really, really bad unreal mod that some guy whipped up by himself in a month or two.

News Comments > Abe's Oddysee HD Becomes New N' Tasty!
1. Re: Abe's Oddysee HD Becomes New N' Tasty! Sep 30, 2012, 14:27 Lokust

Would honestly prefer they don't mess with the levels like that flip screen really worked for this game.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches
12. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:31 Lokust

And not a single fuck was given that day  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Preorders
8. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 10:54 Lokust

I never understood the point of exclusive multiplayer maps for an RTS. What's the point of having maps that only a handful of people share? It's not like you can put them in the general matchmaking queue.  

News Comments > Blizzard "Looking At" F2P StarCraft II Multiplayer
16. Re: Blizzard Sep 21, 2012, 23:07 Lokust

Someday we're going to be telling our grandkids how we used to be able to outright buy games, and they aren't going to believe us.  

328 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo