Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nathan Phoenix

Real Name Nathan Phoenix   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lokust
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 118666859
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 27, 2003, 23:05
Total Comments 328 (Amateur)
User ID 19188

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Free BF3 With Origin ME3 Preorders
2. Re: Free BF3 With Origin ME3 Preorders Feb 15, 2012, 21:33 Lokust

$16 for expedited shipping! Wow!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Dev Blog
2. Re: MechWarrior Online Dev Blog Feb 7, 2012, 22:25 Lokust

These guys really need to just shut up and take my money.  

News Comments > Notch Offers to Fund Psychonauts 2
7. Re: Notch Offers to Fund Psychonauts 2 Feb 7, 2012, 11:01 Lokust

That's pretty amazing. I found parts of Psychonauts brutally hard, but it was a brilliantly creative game. It's nice to see people using their money for good rather than evil.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2012, 18:20 Lokust

Efflixi just made my month! Thanks!  

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Changes
39. Re: Tribes Ascend Changes Feb 2, 2012, 18:22 Lokust

Krovven wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 15:01:
[Paying $45 for in-game currency and to level up faster in a Beta stands for just about everything wrong with gaming these days.

Some people like to support the developers of games they like, and have the means to do so. The alternative is a toxic community like Company of Heroes Online had where everyone would make fun of people that bought COHO cash, and as a consequence, the game generated too little revenue and was cancelled.

20. Re: Tribes Ascend Changes Feb 2, 2012, 13:59 Lokust

Mr. Anisotonic wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 13:31:
I tried this beta. I spawned on, in Tribes terms, flatland. I saw some mountains in the distance where I could potentially have some satisfying skiing. a hard-wall barrier blocked the way. not sure I'll be looking back at this.

So sorry you spawned in the one level area that breaks up the hills.

5. Re: Tribes Ascend Changes Feb 2, 2012, 11:46 Lokust

AS someone who's bought the Tribes: Ascend preorder pack, I still consider spending money on a beta game with promise of carryover as a risk. I spent money on Company of Heroes Online and that never made it out of beta and there were no refunds. Not mad, just saying, it's a risk you take.  

News Comments > FPS Player Record Claimed
10. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Feb 1, 2012, 00:10 Lokust

Planetside did more 10 years ago...  

News Comments > FPS Player Record Claimed
3. Re: FPS Player Record Claimed Jan 30, 2012, 12:32 Lokust

Hey asshats, it's not really a world record just because you paid someone from Guinness to show up and write it down. Many other games have done more. Guinness is such a joke.  

News Comments > More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC
10. Re: More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC Jan 26, 2012, 13:18 Lokust

It's not really Bioware anymore, they have been assimilated into the EA collective. It's Bioware in name only.  

News Comments > Origin Expanding
34. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 22:39 Lokust

If your company isn't big enough to get their games for sale on Steam, I'm not interested.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Jan 23, 2012, 21:48 Lokust

yeah sorry for being a tool in my earlier post, rough night with the toddler and didn't get a lot of sleep and was kind of a grumpyass this morning.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jan 23, 2012, 09:23 Lokust

out of eight seems like kind of a joke. No pictures at all in a review? The sidebar that says what scores of 3/8 through 8/8 mean but no 1/8 or 2/8? Sounds like it should be out of six.  

News Comments > BioWare on Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer
9. Re: BioWare on Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Jan 19, 2012, 23:50 Lokust

hatís one of the differences in how we want to approach [multiplayer]. We donít want to tack it on. We want to make sure itís thoughtful and integrated really well.

I have to call bullshit on this one. With no split screen co-op, tacked on is exactly what it is.

News Comments > Star Trek Online F2P Begins
24. Re: Star Trek Online F2P Begins Jan 18, 2012, 23:48 Lokust

I was going to try this because the trailer looked interesting, but then I looked at the features matrix linked below and saw that if you want to play klingon, you have to grind out 25 levels as federation first. I have no idea how long that takes, but fuck that. Don't advertise something in your trailer and not even have it available to new players.  

News Comments > Gaming World Record Attempt
5. Re: Gaming World Record Attempt Jan 17, 2012, 17:11 Lokust

Companies like to make wild claims about records all the time. It's not like Guinness makes any effort at all to verify the claims. Look at World of Tanks, they make all sorts of ridiculous claims about being an MMO with a ton of concurrent players, yet there is nothing MMO about the game. (if WOT is an MMO, so is Quake or League of Legends or Diablo)  

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
26. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 13:56 Lokust

I'm just not interested in having multiple digital game service apps instead on my computer. If your game isn't big enough to get on Steam, I'm not interested.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: How cool is that? Jan 13, 2012, 13:09 Lokust

Is that the xcom people care about, or is it the first person shooter?  

News Comments > Op Ed
45. Re: SOPA Isnít the Solution, But Can We At Least Agree Thereís A Problem Jan 11, 2012, 22:11 Lokust

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 20:29:
The najor problem with the larger devs is they all think they can continue to ask premium prices for games in a shitty economy. Come in a lower initial price point and make it up on volume. And get it on sale ASAP the moment initial sales start to slow. What`s the point of having a product sitting around not selling at $50+ dollars when there would be some movement at $25 and a lot at $10 or less. Hell, things are going to get worse before they ever get better if they ever do, so only a handful of established IPs will get the premium money. The others just need to adapt quicker or perish.

They already ARE doing this and have been for years. 25 years ago new video games were around $50. Now they are $50-60. Adjust for inflation and that's a steal. Games cost far more to make now, but they make up the difference between higher development costs and lower (relative) prices through volume as the gaming market is larger.

News Comments > Layoffs at id Software
52. Re: Layoffs at id Software Jan 11, 2012, 09:12 Lokust

I hope everyone who got let go lands on their feet  

328 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo