Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jamil

Real Name Jamil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2003, 17:30
Total Comments 68 (Suspect)
User ID 19139

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > New Oblivion Dungeon
41. Re: TES Jun 16, 2006, 07:39 Jamil

Ummm.. Mehrunes Razor came with the original game, it was just not available anywhere in the world. All you have to do is place it somewhere through the construction set. There are already many mods that add Mehrunes Razor...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Q&As
4. Re: Crysis Apr 13, 2006, 21:38 Jamil

Oblivion released simultaneously on the PC and X-Box. It had a very consolified GUI. There are mods out there that reduce the font size from size 24 to something that allows more than a couple words on the screen at a time.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Pot-stirring
76. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2006, 21:32 Jamil

They can keep this thing in development as long as they like. It's not costing me anything. However, I do lose time scanning these newsposts about it. No more DNF hype please.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
97. Re: No subject Feb 16, 2006, 14:22 Jamil

"Iraq has WMDs" - Misinformation

So why again weren't the UN Inspectors allowed to go into certain places?
We didn't attack Iraq overnight.
This can go in circles for hours.

Who cares what the UN inspectors were or were not allowed to do. Prior to the war, Hans Blix (UN inspector) said that it was unlikely that there were WMDs in Iraq. You're still believing the lie that the Bush administration had proof that Iraq had WMDs, which it did not. Everything told them otherwise, yet they PRODUCED proof that there were WMDs. It's what Bush co. needed to sell the war to the US, and you bought it. You were duped. You're a stooge. Don't get angry at me, get angry at Bush.

Well, we don't know, so YOUR speculation is that of the tinfoul hat kind. The sky is falling sort of thing.
I have an idea, lets treat them like they treat our captured soldiers and citizens - just start executing them.
Better yet, lets drag some Somalis around the streets behind our cars to show how frustrated we are that they have cornered the market in Cab driving here in Minneapolis.

Whoa whoa whoa. We don't know that abuses have happened at Gitmo, Abu Ghraib? Are you blind?

If you recall, the abuses occurred on a September, and the photos LEAKED OUT in January. There was a coverup operation going on because "The photos could damage America's image".

The rest of your post is non-sense. Who are 'they'? Somalis? I thought we were talking about Iraq?

95. Re: No subject Feb 16, 2006, 13:17 Jamil

With the internet and media, I am sure if you were in the White House in some function, you would agree that the public shouldn't know everything. There are things that is just none of our friggen business.

Batman, minformation and protecting information are two different things.

Example:
"Iraq has WMDs" - Misinformation

"Sorry, I can't disclose any information on an ongoing investigation" - Protecting information

Anyway, you seem to be an expert on the matter.

Abuses being committed at Gitmo and Abu Ghraib and black sites across Europe. Should we, or should we not know?

Pretenses for going into Iraq. Should we, or should we not know?

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 13:18.

93. Re: No subject Feb 16, 2006, 12:48 Jamil

I can't argue with you Zathrus. I agree with most of what you said, including that my earlier statements were asinine. The one thing I do not agree with, is that the problem with this administration is not only little accountability, but very little transparency. What's going on in gitmo that hasn't leaked out? What about these black sites in Europe? Is it policy to torture (or some variation of the word that in the end means torture)?

Rule of law is all well and good, until you start subverting those laws. What other reason would the US administration have for labelling prisoners as 'enemy combatants' and detain them in foreign countries? We know this administration lies. Don't take everything at face value, and adjust your reality accordingly.

90. Re: No subject Feb 16, 2006, 11:48 Jamil

I'm goading, take it easy.

Why would I argue against blanket statements like 'anti-American', then create my own, 'anti-Chinese'?

At least when it comes to Bats I know I can have a rational discussion on the matter.

This is how I feel when I talk to you American 'defenders'. You have these beliefs that America can do no wrong, and are very stubborn to the fact. If you disagree with what I said, look at yourself and ask yourself, 'do I look this stupid given what's currently out there, or am I just delusional'?

87. Re: No subject Feb 16, 2006, 11:15 Jamil

I agree!

I mean the Chinese Communist party leaders would be utterly insulted if you claimed that they were anywhere near that lax.

I mean, the US authorities are so easy going that they couldn't even contemplate things like this:

Are you 100% sure about that? Have you been witness to all the abuse videos/pictures? I sure haven't. The difference between America and China, is that China is at least honest.

86. Re: No subject Feb 16, 2006, 11:07 Jamil

Thank you for giving me a reason to add you to Camaro's script.

You're a tard. Like the rest of your jingoist ilk.

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 11:07.

81. Re: No subject Feb 16, 2006, 10:46 Jamil

You don't call half of the rhetoric around here anti?
Anti what? Anti-American?

Being against the war doesn't make you anti-American.

Criticising the Bush administration doesn't make you anti-American.

Asking America to stop abusing prisoners doesn't make you anti-American.

Comparing America to China with regards to abuses. Now that's Anti-Chinese.

75. Re: No subject Feb 16, 2006, 10:09 Jamil

I know you bushites like to play word games, but you know exactly what's meant.

nin, I was going to post my bit about the anti-America finger pointing, but you beat me to it.

I want to make my own Godwin's law. The first person to say 'Anti-America' loses the debate. That kind of immature bullshit stifles any reasonable discussion.

57. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2006, 20:56 Jamil

Mr. Lolicon:
US Soldiers don't just go around shooting people for no reason. Is it okay to shoot people as long as you have a reason? Who determines if the reason is valid, and does it bring back the people that were killed? See, I can spam rhetoric too.

Right, US soldiers are meant to uphold life and liberty.

Explain to me what propaganda is again?

Also, what's the opposite of anti-west? Pro-west? Anti-east? What are you?

News Comments > Battlefield 2142?
2. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2006, 20:09 Jamil

Battlefield 3: Hey look, we ripped off Tribes.

News Comments > Khan Beta Live
5. Re: KHAN! Feb 3, 2006, 11:54 Jamil

I hate these anime MMOs. Made for ADD, pill popping teenagers.

News Comments > D&D Online Dated
7. Re: No subject Jan 6, 2006, 08:28 Jamil

Wait, what was wrong with the game?

When I tried the stress test, it seemed enjoyable.

News Comments > Twilight for Twilight War
26. Re: No subject Jan 5, 2006, 11:30 Jamil

Dev, you're doing it again.

I gave you an article that provides some real figures, and all you spout back is pure conjecture.

"Blizzard is not paying for a 20 year contract". How do you know? Maybe they are.

Do I expect you to google up the exact details of Blizzard's contract with AT&T:ENS? No, I tried, and the press release provides no details. I just don't want you to continue this naive tirade about small profit margins and justification for monthly fees. Secrecy may be an issue here, and it could be that secret you don't want to hear. That you're being bamboozled.

Wikipedia is currently running a fund-raising campaign, and have provided details about their budget. Wikipedia is a fairly popular site with some heavy bandwidth requirements. Yet, Wikimedia's hosting costs are under $100,000/year for its umbrella of services that it provides.

I'm trying to build a case against this belief that companies pay out the ass for bandwidth. I think it may have been true back in 1996, but surely not today.

News Comments > Twilight for Twilight War
20. Re: No subject Jan 4, 2006, 21:04 Jamil

You should take a look at your math, Dev.

6000 subscribers/server at $15 a pop isn't going to fetch you $250k, it's only $90k.

Besides, I looked this issue up for you and found this:

"Prices for bandwidth are also dropping dramatically because many companies are now offering rates through 20-year Indefeasible Right of Use (IRU) leases," according to Bandwidth Market President Howard Holme. "This ‘money-up-front’ method gives buyers extreme bargain prices. OC-192 is the fastest commercial bandwidth connection available--9.95 Gigabytes per second, and monthly rates normally fetch $250-500,000. However, Bandwidth Market's customers who purchase a 20-year IRU OC-192 can achieve some averaged prices of $4-8,000 per month."

http://www.bandwidthmarket.com/news/pressrelease01_08_30.html

That article is from 2001, I'm sure the prices have dropped even more.

In other words, Blizzard is making money hand over fist.

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 21:04.

News Comments > BF2 Patch Plans
35. Re: CoF Nov 30, 2005, 18:48 Jamil

You can fix the problem with joining from ASE and the annoying 'message' screen that comes up. (Why do I see EA/Dice adding commercials for Coca-Cola or Pepsi in this space?)

Just go to your game options, and set the program location to:
"<PATH TO BF2>\BF2.exe" +username <YourUsername> +playerPassword <YourPassword>

When the game comes up, you'll get the message screen for about 3 seconds, then it'll disappear and you'll be joining the server. I'm sure there's a similar fix for XFire.

News Comments > EA Downloader Issue
4. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2005, 18:49 Jamil

Another case of copyright protection software hurting the paying customer.

News Comments > More Conan Games Planned
23. Re: No subject Nov 10, 2005, 19:02 Jamil

Deathbringer is the side scrolling game with the warrior.

(screenshot)
http://klasyka.gery.pl/images/deathbringer.gif

It blew chunks.

68 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo